Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines plane shot down in Ukraine near Russian border[Mod warning post#193

Options
  • 17-07-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

11:04 (UA) Malaysia passenger aircraft has crashed near the Russia border with Ukraine; flight was from Amsterdamn to Kuala Lumpur - Russia press

11:04 (UA) Malaysia passenger aircraft (Boeing 777) has crashed (other reports indicate it was 'shot down') near the Russia border with Ukraine; flight was from Amsterdamn to Kuala Lumpur - Russia press - Said to have been carrying 280 passengers and 15 crew members. - Said to have disappeared from radar while traveling at 30K feet (cruising altitude).

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Would it be this flight? MH17, another 777

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/mh17/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Talk of it being a shoot down.....

http://espreso.tv/news/2014/07/17/litak_boyinh_777_malaziyskykh_avialiniy_vpav_v_rayoni_mista_shakhtarsk_doneckoyi_oblasti

(click the translate button)

from twitter....
    Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 5m
    BREAKING Boing777 Of #Malaysian Airlines Shot Down near #Shakhtersk, #Donetsk oblast http://youtu.be/dTCulEzHQh4 | EMPR Video #Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭afatbollix

BBC saying its that flight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

What the h€!! was a passenger aircraft flying over an active war zone?
    it could have been mistaken for a spy plane and shot down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

What the h€!! was a passenger aircraft flying over an active war zone?
    it could have been mistaken for a spy plane and shot down.

It's not an active war zone. Only disputes with military and rebel of Ukraine. Russia has stood down on their presence on the border I believe.

If it was shot down, there will be serious repercussions to the nation involved in shooting it down

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thebannerboy

It was in an international air corridor but it was also in the exact same spot where a Ukraine Air Force jet was shot down earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I'd say Boeing and Malaysian Airways are PRAYING it was a shoot down

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭windowspotter

Thoughts with those onboard although it doesn't sound good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 suasdaguna2

This is getting real scary....2 777s in a year off the Malaysian inventory. Can't see the airlines viability no matter the reason going forward. God rest the passengers souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Malaysian Airlines have confirmed the aircraft is down, 295 people on board - B772 from AMS TO KUL (9M-MRD). This is extremely worrying, same aircraft - 4 months later. Should be pointed out aircraft was in a potential warzone. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

It was in an international air corridor but it was also in the exact same spot where a Ukraine Air Force jet was shot down earlier today.

First I've heard of that! Even nothing on RTE News

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Holy crap, another Malaysian 777?

Interfax saying the aircraft was shot down at an altitude of 10km above Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

On sky now it was shot down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

A spokesman for Malaysian Airlines has confirmed "an incident" on board one of its flights and is expected to release a statement shortly.

I cant post links as I am a new user but it is on sky news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

Dreadful altogether, my heart goes out to all those on board. It was on its way from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Horrible news. RIP to the innocent souls on board.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

11:34 (UR) Ukraine Govt now issuing commentary on the airliner crash; claim 'terrorists' separatists downed the Boeing jet near the border with Russia - press

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheQueen

Horrible horrible news. RIP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Not sure if this is legit..can't even see it properly on my phone so apologies.

My thoughts are with the families of those on board.

2 777 losses so close to each other can't be good for Malaysian's image.

Expect diversion of overflying aircraft after this, not a chance will anybody risk flying over Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Jesus........ if that video is legitimate it doesn't look good. Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thebannerboy

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    First I've heard of that! Even nothing on RTE News

Which the air corridor part or the air force jet shot down? Actually two Ukraine planes shot down this week in the same spot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Devastating news. Awful sad on the families of those on the plane. Really really hope there are survivors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Sully wrote: »
    Devastating news. Awful sad on the families of those on the plane. Really really hope there are survivors.

doubtful if it was at the altitude reported by jack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Thoughts are with those onboard and their families.

Hard to know what to think though, if it's another Malaysian Air plane would set off a lot of alarm bells. The fact that another plane was shot down earlier the same day hints towards something entirely different. IF it was shot down (as has been reported) who knows how much further that could escalate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

My God not again surely they should not have ben flying a commercial aircraft over a war zone. RIP Folks killed for no reason what so ever :mad:

Advertisement