Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Here we go. This song epitomizes everything wrong with hip-hop music today.

5 minutes of absolute trife.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I'm allergic to the feathers on them bird ass niggas :P

I hate this click with a passion everyone from Wayne and niki to Birman and Ross. Dj Kahled gets a special mention for somehow making it despite being IMO utterly talentedness.

I know Ross and Kahled have seperate groups but they may aswell be all the one with their constant collabs.

I don't understand how they can rap about how much money they've made in every song and people just lap it up. I mean, how did they make the money in the first place to rap about the all the money they made from rapping? Conspiracy perhaps? :P

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    I don't understand how they can rap about how much money they've made in every song and people just lap it up. I mean, how did they make the money in the first place to rap about the all the money they made from rapping? Conspiracy perhaps? :P

To be fair I don't mind a genuine rapper from the streets who made it from telling tales of his life etc Ye it's gets repetitive but it's all most gangsta rappers can rap or even know about in terms of creativity etc.

I think gangsta rappers more so then any other kind of rapper have little room to manuver in terms of lryics etc. most come from poor backgrounds, selling drugs etc very few make it but it's the culture in most ghettos in America and it follows through in their music. If they try and change their content it's deemed selling out , if they get too rich and succesful it's deemed selling out, catch 22 in so many ways is gangsta hip hop IMO.

But rick Ross ? He was a cop that lied about absolutely everything by mimicking someone else's lifestyle but yet he's somehow relevant as a gangsta rapper because he's a product of the industry , now that my friend is a conspiracy :P as far as birdman, he's just a shocking rapper, I don't know much about him as I genii ally despise his music bar what happened to that boy ! That's a banger :)

this is just class, if your a hip hop fan and dont know the words to this, slap yourself!:D

will smith is a legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Some people need to stop being so emotionally attached to Rappers. I have a mate who wont listen to 50 because the game doesn't like him, even though 50 is the better rapper. He wont listen to pac because biggie had beef with him. He only started listening to Drake recently because he says "the game likes him so he's good".

From being in his house alone i have developed a new hatred for the game, we must have listened to The documentary about 4 times in one day. And then when i put on "only built 4 cuban linx" i was told to turn it off and put the game back on, him and a few more of my friends seriously don't know what they're missing by limiting themselves to The Game and Eminems music. I pity them for not having heard some of the classics.

Oh and they also think La di da di is snoop doggs song. It's infuriating. I'm never discussing music with them again, it's just painful. :pac:

looks like will smith is back in the news a lot lately with the release of MIB 3, this is funny, will hits the reporter a little slap.
    he's lucky i didnt sucker punch him lol

young jack thriller the comidian of thisis50 caught up with him, love how he winds dj kahled up too, this isnt the 1st time he got in kahleds face lol totally just takes the piss outa him.
    hey kahled you gona be rapping on the new album lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Haha that's brilliant. I loved the bits with Khaled.

"The **** you lookin at? Buss a move mutha****a!"

Just talking to a girl I know who is down in Sydney. She said some guy was onto her about a rapper playing near her tomorrow. She couldn't remember his name.

I looked into it more though. Ghostface and MF Doom are playing on Saturday night, and Fashawn is playing in 2 weeks. I'd give my left arm to see any of them.

Worst of all though is that I've another friend who's off to New York for the summer. He hasn't a clue about rap. He could pretty much go to a different gig by a top artist every night of the week. That dude Emcee Jermaine is shooting a video for "Crazy 88" on Saturday and is just inviting people along.

I think if I was over there I'd probably explode from the amount of gigs. I know I'd run out of money after 3 weeks. I think I'll move over there in a few years for the summer and just spend all my money going to rap gigs. That should keep me going for a good while :P.

I'm going for three posts in a row here. Drake got destroyed on Twitter a few hours ago. Go to see him put back in his box once in a while.

k9WTX.png

• Advertisement

who's T.Boone Pickens?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm going for three posts in a row here. Drake got destroyed on Twitter a few hours ago. Go to see him put back in his box once in a while.

k9WTX.png

Mehh..I'd hardly call that destroyed to be fair, just a witty response, really doubt it caused Drake any embarrassment.

Some oil billionaire from Texas. He's the 874th richest man in the world apparently. 1.5 billion dollars in the bank.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Mehh..I'd hardly call that destroyed to be fair, just a witty response, really doubt it caused Drake any embarrassment.

Destroyed is too big a word. I've started to use it a lot lately though and it crept in. It's my version of "like" :P.

It'll cause him a slight bit of embarrassment. No one, especially a rapper, wants to be slagged by an 84 year-old on Twitter.

I read today that Lil Waynes next single is to ft big Sean , well so much for the beef lol. Knew this would happen, this good music v young money is laughable.

Twitter beefs again, meek mill and drake and chris brown all had a little battle over rhianna a few days ago via twitter. Meek and drake banged her and there tweets were aimed at brown , something like that not sure tbh but it was all a bit of banter in the end I think.

Btw rhianna is turning into a right slut a sexy slut that is but none the less a slut :D

I read today that Lil Waynes next single is to ft big Sean , well so much for the beef lol. Knew this would happen, this good music v young money is laughable.

Twitter beefs again, meek mill and drake and chris brown all had a little battle over rhianna a few days ago via twitter. Meek and drake banged her and there tweets were aimed at brown , something like that not sure tbh but it was all a bit of banter in the end I think.

Btw rhianna is turning into a right slut a sexy slut that is but none the less a slut :D

Until I get with her she is a very respectable young lady. After that, well I don't really care too much.

She's probably the fittest bird on the face of this planet, I would do unforgivable things to nail Rihanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

Rihanna has ruined herself lads, (thank you Chris Brown) she'll do a Whitney Houston

I'd say she's filthy between the sheets, looks a right goer anyway :D

She has been with a load of rappers though, I remember even hearing rumours of her and eminem. There was meant to be a bit of a spark between the two on the set of love the way you lie or something like that even rhiannas mother was saying something was their between them.

I do wish some of the local sluts around my way could look like rhianna, don't get me wrong they tried with the whole dieing your hair red faze last summer but It just wasn't the same :D

weemcd wrote: »
    Rihanna has ruined herself lads, (thank you Chris Brown) she'll do a Whitney Houston

Early signs of it anyway. If she gets back with cb then who knows what could happen.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I wish that that was a cool billionaire and not a BP guy, would have been a better burn.

I wish that that was a cool billionaire and not a BP guy, would have been a better burn.

If you're looking for a cool billionaire then Herb Kohler is your man. I saw him at the JP McManus golf tournament in Limerick two years ago. Tiger Woods was there. So too was Tony McCoy, John Magnier and countless other celebrities and multi-millionaires.

I was following a group and I saw a strange looking guy with a beard and a cigar. He looked like he walked straight off the set of the Sopranos. It took me an age to find out who the hell he was. When I went home that night I checked him up.

He is worth $4 BILLION. I'd say he wasn't far off being worth more than every single person at the tournament put together.

He made all his money through plumbing fixtures of all things. I never knew there was so much money to be made from them.

He is the richest person that I'll ever see in my life. And also probably one of the coolest as well, as the picture below shows. He just strolled around the course, club in one hand and a cigar in the other. He probably made about 100,000 every hour while he was there.

Thankfully though he was absolutely cat at golf. Goes to show money can't buy you everything :P.

JP+MCManus+Pro+Am+nWHK1H_XBq-l.jpg

A map of New York City coded by rappers' origins. Pretty cool to see where everyone is from. Love the way it's only the Wu Tang Clan (minus GZA and ODB) who are on Staten Island. MC Serch must have been pretty lonely growing up miles from everyone else :P.

562184_10151146629740278_626996811_n.jpg

That's class ^^^. NY is really the meca of hip hop even the wests most famous rapper pac is a NY n*gga :D

What a roster and there was a few names left out. I'd love too see an LA and Southside one to really compare , also the Detroit scene is pretty decent , eminem, d12, obie, reks , Royce etc etc.

The west would obviously be the closet to rival the NY scene but tbh rapper v rapper I think they'll fall a bit short? Maybe ...

There are loads of rappers from outside of NY, "the west", the "southside" and Detroit you just have to look.

NY is huge* and the birthplace of hip-hop so them having the most and the best makes a lot of sense.

*the city, mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

That's class ^^^. NY is really the meca of hip hop even the wests most famous rapper pac is a NY n*gga :D

What a roster and there was a few names left out. I'd love too see an LA and Southside one to really compare , also the Detroit scene is pretty decent , eminem, d12, obie, reks , Royce etc etc.

The west would obviously be the closet to rival the NY scene but tbh rapper v rapper I think they'll fall a bit short? Maybe ...

Yeah, they're some good rappers from Detroit alrite but Reks isn't one of them! He's from Lawrence, Massachusetts.

Anyone have any idea why Game said "I woke up out that coma 2001, 'bout the same time Dre dropped "2001"" at the start of Dreams? Surely he realised that that album was released in '99. Dre was an executive producer on it and all.

It's something that's bothered me for years. It rhymes nicely but it sounds stupid when you know about the other album.

Anyone have any idea why Game said "I woke up out that coma 2001, 'bout the same time Dre dropped "2001"" at the start of Dreams? Surely he realised that that album was released in '99. Dre was an executive producer on it and all.

It sounds better and still makes kind of makes sense?

"woke up from a coma around 2001, 2 years or so after that dre album called 2001…" does not have the same ring to it :D

It can come off as silly though I know what you mean, many many people have taken the piss out of it.

The bigger question is why did Dre release an album in 99 and call it 2001?

• Advertisement

or maybe he was never in a coma like his brother said...

who knows but its more than a bit odd, 2 year time frame in fairness.

Advertisement