Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭paddlepop

RRP on these ladies carbon shoes are €236, now only €83 limited sizes but its a great deal!
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/diadora-speedracer-2-carbon-womens-road-shoes-2013/rp-prod87148

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I would recommend splitting orderif anyone is ordering several pairs. I remember a thread on another section of boards where customs smashed a guys order of shades. Buying several pairs together might draw attention.

The packaging had a chinese/english label stating it was glasses and total value was $8

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

bren_mc wrote: »
    I ordered a few pairs of these about a month ago. They just arrived today. Well worth the wait - great value for money. Thanks Wicklowrider

Bought 2 pairs of these myself recently. Super comfy and great value for money. I bought the white/red and the red/black ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

bren_mc wrote: »
    40068843116800000004_1.jpg

all are basically same quality - perhaps not as good as what you'd get from "top brands" (though i honestly wouldn't know). But for two euro something a pair you can't go wrong :)

I got this pair. Found that the lenses were good for bright sunlight, ok for normal daylight, too dark for late evening. Lens quality is clearly inferior to some other mid-priced glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

There is a massive difference between the different glasses when it comes to darkness. Some are definitely too dark for irish climate but others are 100%.
    Nwm2 wrote: »
    I got this pair. Found that the lenses were good for bright sunlight, ok for normal daylight, too dark for late evening. Lens quality is clearly inferior to some other mid-priced glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Maybe not a bargain of the century but still quite interesting.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/outlet/original-pro-bikes/

Didn't realise before that Smukulis is such a giant (XL frame with a 140mm stem).

Paolini's bike looks to be my size or thereabouts...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭pete_9715

www. 4thebike.de/laufraeder/rennrad/full-carbon/17/mavic-ksyrium-slr-wts

Is this a good deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

pete_9715 wrote: »
    www. 4thebike.de/laufraeder/rennrad/full-carbon/17/mavic-ksyrium-slr-wts

Is this a good deal?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

Halfords have 20% off for road bikes, but it seems to end today.

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/road-bikes?cm_re=banner-_-cycling+Pages-_-20pcroad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Swimcyclerun.ie have a set of Conti gp4000s II for 78.89 which isn't bad.

http://www.swimcyclerun.com/tyresclincher/continental-gp-4000s-ii-twin-pack.html

Great to deal with to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Stagg Cycles in Lucan have a Garmin front mount (by SRAM) for €14.
    Cheapest I have seen a Garmin mount for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Swimcyclerun.ie have a set of Conti gp4000s II for 78.89 which isn't bad.

http://www.swimcyclerun.com/tyresclincher/continental-gp-4000s-ii-twin-pack.html

Great to deal with to boot.

Merlin had similar for about 62 euro last week. I'd prefer to do business with SCR, but that's a fair difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/accessories/computers-gps/garmin-edge-200-gps-enabled-cycle-computer

A heads up on a Garmin 200 - price drop to €94.99

If you spend €100 - there is another €10 off. So chuck a bottle of Wet or Dry Lube onto your order for €6.99 and both cost €101.99 less €10 -= €91.98!! (You can never have enough spare lube!)

With an AXA Card (ask around your mates etc someone must have Axa Insurance) - there's another 10% off - so both for €82.78.

So with a €6.99 bottle of lube that is a necessary investment (!!)... the net cost of the Garmin is €75.79!

Cool...or what! That's a fall from €114.99 to €75.79 = Saving of €39.20 (34%)

Hope that not too much of a maths lesson!

Sikky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sikpupi wrote: »
    http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/accessories/computers-gps/garmin-edge-200-gps-enabled-cycle-computer

A heads up on a Garmin 200 - price drop to €94.99

If you spend €100 - there is another €10 off. So chuck a bottle of Wet or Dry Lube onto your order for €6.99 and both cost €101.99 less €10 -= €91.98!! (You can never have enough spare lube!)

With an AXA Card (ask around your mates etc someone must have Axa Insurance) - there's another 10% off - so both for €82.78.

So with a €6.99 bottle of lube that is a necessary investment (!!)... the net cost of the Garmin is €75.79!

Cool...or what! That's a fall from €114.99 to €75.79 = Saving of €39.20 (34%)

Hope that not too much of a maths lesson!

Sikky

well it appears as though Halfords could do with your maths lesson or even a lesson in the offers they have advertised.

I had to show the young fella behind the counter the deal on my phone for him to believe me.

Then when I whipped out the axa card I got the old. You can only avail of one or the other craic.

I'm gonna have a look at the fine print now and see if this is BS or true. either way it cost me 85 & change not to bad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

The axa thing seems to be hit and miss if there is an offer on.

Bought 2 car seats a while back on an offer online and had a 10% voucher thing and axa and they accepted them all.

Another time I got the same story as you...
    If you get someone that isn't sure you might get both...
    iwillhtfu wrote: »
    well it appears as though Halfords could do with your maths lesson or even a lesson in the offers they have advertised.

I had to show the young fella behind the counter the deal on my phone for him to believe me.

Then when I whipped out the axa card I got the old. You can only avail of one or the other craic.

I'm gonna have a look at the fine print now and see if this is BS or true. either way it cost me 85 & change not to bad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭fillup

I normally loathe them but I was in Halfords in Coolock yest picking up a bike rack for the car.
    I had a mosey around their cycling clothing and picked up a pair of Adidas Performance bib shorts reduced from €89:99 to €15 and a pretty decent Adidas Performance jacket for €25
    Shorts and a jacket for 40 blips!!! I felt like I was robbing them instead of them normally robbing me

They had limited stock and sizes left but well worth a rummage if your in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Wiggle and Chainreaction have a big sale on Castelli gear at the moment, up to 50 odd % off, assume it's to make way for new stock or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

fillup wrote: »
    I normally loathe them but I was in Halfords in Coolock yest picking up a bike rack for the car.
    I had a mosey around their cycling clothing and picked up a pair of Adidas Performance bib shorts reduced from €89:99 to €15 and a pretty decent Adidas Performance jacket for €25
    Shorts and a jacket for 40 blips!!! I felt like I was robbing them instead of them normally robbing me

They had limited stock and sizes left but well worth a rummage if your in that area.

Thanks for the heads up. Was thinking of getting the Adidas bib shorts but got the Gore Bike Wear bib shorts for €40 - much better quality at nearly half retail price. And got those Adidas jackets too ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

I have ordered my 5th pair!
    The good thing about them is that you can change the lenses between them. Invest less than a €10 and you have spare frames plus different lenses and the quality is really amazing compared to the expensive brands

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/400688431168?var=670234290131&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Just wanted to add that these are great, have ordered a clear and night vision pair due to inbound darker mornings/evenings. The darker ones I have now work fine during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Thanks for heads up. Dropped into Blanch today. Ticket on addidas bib still said 55 but got them to scan it and as you said €15. Also picked up Gore shorts for €30. Again not shown on ticket, but did when scanned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

rtmie wrote: »
    Thanks for heads up. Dropped into Blanch today. Ticket on addidas bib still said 55 but got them to scan it and as you said €15. Also picked up Gore shorts for €30. Again not shown on ticket, but did when scanned.
    What sizes did they have left in Blanch? Bibs/ jackets Adidas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Bugger all in the Galway store, they dont even stock the adidas gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

ckeego wrote: »
    What sizes did they have left in Blanch? Bibs/ jackets Adidas?

I got the last Adidas bib. They had one Adidas jacket left in large and a couple of jerseys. Rack pretty bare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Guess where I'll be dropping into tomorrow, thanks :D

(although I need feck all but I love a bargain)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Pretty good deal on CycleSuperStore. €45 for tubes, pump, patches, CO2 cartridges and CO2 pump.
    https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/deal.asp
    csd106.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Anyone got a lead on some cheap winter wheels like Shimano R501s? My three year old winters have seized and are useless now. Need to be sub €80 if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

merlin or bike 24 were doing them recently in or around that price iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Thanks guys, should have said I'd been though the usual sites. I'll just get them along with a few other things from Bike24. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement