Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Swim Cycle Run have Vittoria tubes for €4 but you may need to buy 4 or 5 to get the free delivery.
    I also found an eBay seller in Ireland who sold 4 for €12 or something but the valves are only 40mm long.
    On the phone so will link later.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

subscriber wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get a few good quality good price inner tubes preferably with free postage, only need a small quantity, 2-3..... dont fancy paying 7 bucks a tube in the shops..

Try planet x they had vittoria tubes for 2 quid delivery is only a fiver.

trev44 wrote: »
    any ideas for where i'd go to get new tyres (700x25c). i've got two punctures in 2 months with the factory ones that came on my Defy 2.
    priority is grip then not getting punctures. i'm not going to ever win any races (or likely enter any) so speed etc not a big priority.

thanks[/quote

Good prices on verdstein tires on ribble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

What's YMMV?

Your Mileage May Vary (though kudos to Daroxtar for a creative interpretation!)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

subscriber wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get a few good quality good price inner tubes preferably with free postage, only need a small quantity, 2-3..... dont fancy paying 7 bucks a tube in the shops..

http://www.swimcyclerun.com/accessories/vittoria-ultralite-tube.html

free fast delivery, decent tubes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

bcmf wrote: »
    an eBay seller in Ireland who sold 4 for €12 or something but the valves are only 40mm long.
    On the phone so will link later.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/700x23c-Inner-Tubes-700c-700-18-25C-Racing-Road-Bike-/141144953990?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item20dce51486

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

Any CRC or Wiggle codes going? Have few bits that I need to order soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭furiousox

2014 Cannondale Supersix Evo 105 for E1798 (was E2200)
    Supposed to be a fantastic bike, anyone own one?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/supersix-evo-5-105-compact-2014-road-bike-ec056511

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

furiousox wrote: »
    I had one, but the earlier model. Yeah, they are excellent bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

yes, I have the 2014 with ultegra di2. My first carbon bike (after ten years on Ti)... really like it. Light, responsive, climbs well, descends as well as I have the nerve to. The black/white colouring is a bit ugly, imho, but apart from that, it's a goodie.

Stock wheels not that great (Fulcrum 5s, IIRC), but that's an easy change to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭furiousox

Tempted at that price, just concerned that the front end might be a bit low for me. Head tube is quite short and a stack of spacers under a stem looks horrible.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Tempted at that price, just concerned that the front end might be a bit low for me. Head tube is quite short and a stack of spacers under a stem looks horrible.

Get the synapse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/supersix-evo-5-105-compact-2014-road-bike-ec056511

Have two versions of the supersix carbon. Lovely bike and highly recommended. Note that all 2014 versions carry the evo title but the frame has not changed from the 2012 & 2013 supersix 105 models.

You may get better value on older models but i agree if you want a more relaxed fit the synapse is an option.

I found the best value on cannondales here
    http://paulscycles.co.uk/m7b0s6p0/Road-Bikes/Racing-Road-Racing

What size are you looking at. I have 54cm supersix if you want to try geometry (based on northside of dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

Kask Helmets have an Amnesty on at the minute you can get €80 off the €200 Vertigo Helmet

I picked one up in The Bike Hub on Friday very light and well vented :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Stack is only 3mm less than the Caadx in 58cm size - that isn't much and I can tell you the CaadX is very relaxed. Reach is identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

cunavalos wrote: »
    Have two versions of the supersix carbon. Lovely bike and highly recommended. Note that all 2014 versions carry the evo title but the frame has not changed from the 2012 & 2013 supersix 105 models.

You may get better value on older models but i agree if you want a more relaxed fit the synapse is an option.

I found the best value on cannondales here
    http://paulscycles.co.uk/m7b0s6p0/Road-Bikes/Racing-Road-Racing

What size are you looking at. I have 54cm supersix if you want to try geometry (based on northside of dublin).

Wow, some excellent value prices there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

SOR2010 wrote: »
    Kask Helmets have an Amnesty on at the minute you can get €80 off the €200 Vertigo Helmet

I picked one up in The Bike Hub on Friday very light and well vented :)

Can you take advantage of this online or has anyone a link to some quality helmets around the 100 mark? I was looking at the kas rapido 95 on wiggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Can you take advantage of this online or has anyone a link to some quality helmets around the 100 mark? I was looking at the kas rapido 95 on wiggle.

I'm sure if you give them a ring they'll look after you, They only need the name of your old helmet, (they don't need it) and if you pay postage you should be sorted,
    thebikehub.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

For €2.16 (inc delivery !) I got a pair of these. I would have ordered several pairs but I thought they would be useless at that price. I wore them for the sportive last saturday and they were great - comfortable and effective. If you are concerned about uv protection bring them to an optician and they will confirm standard. They are really great quality and no one will believe they were cheap.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sports-Outdoor-Cycling-Bicycle-Bike-Goggles-Eyewear-Eyeglass-UV400-Sunglasses-/400688431168?pt=US_Sunglasses&var=&hash=item5d4ae44040

I have bought shades on ebay from several sources for myself and on behalf of friends and found them to A1. Some of the knock-offs will even fit genuine lenses and I have also had an optician look at these... Draw your own conclusions.

I ordered a few pairs of these about a month ago. They just arrived today. Well worth the wait - great value for money. Thanks Wicklowrider

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

bren_mc wrote: »
    I ordered a few pairs of these about a month ago. They just arrived today. Well worth the wait - great value for money. Thanks Wicklowrider

Hi... what colours did you go for???

Going to buy 2-3 pairs (sure.. its less than a tenner!) and could do with the Night lenses! Otherwise - would like something that suits the Irish weather...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

bren_mc wrote: »

Took a good while for them to arrive for me too. Surprised at the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

Chiparus wrote: »
    Took a good while for them to arrive for me too. Surprised at the quality.

+1

pulled the trigger on these last month and all three pairs arrived in just under 4 weeks. Great quality for €6.60 for 3 pairs of shades. Plastic in the red ones looks and feels cheap, but the blue lens& frame and clear lens & black frame are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Sikpupi wrote: »

Going to buy 2-3 pairs (sure.. its less than a tenner!) and could do with the Night lenses! Otherwise - would like something that suits the Irish weather...

went for these three

40068843116800000008_1.jpg

40068843116800000009_1.jpg

40068843116800000004_1.jpg

all are basically same quality - perhaps not as good as what you'd get from "top brands" (though i honestly wouldn't know). But for two euro something a pair you can't go wrong :)

seany15 wrote: »
    +1

pulled the trigger on these last month and all three pairs arrived in just under 4 weeks. Great quality for €6.60 for 3 pairs of shades. Plastic in the red ones looks and feels cheap, but the blue lens& frame and clear lens & black frame are brilliant.

I got a set as well quality seems fine for the money but they are a bit tight on my big head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Got 2 also, and they are fine. Used them at the weekend and they did not fog up unlike my €40 euro pair that fog up in less then 20mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

I got 4 pairs and love them.
    Some are very dark though and were ok to use in Spain (too dark here).
    Even when they fog (normally stopping) the un fog again really quick.
    Not great in the rain but then again no glasses are great in the rain.
    BadCharlie wrote: »
    Got 2 also, and they are fine. Used them at the weekend and they did not fog up unlike my €40 euro pair that fog up in less then 20mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Rubicon Conundrum

I got 4 pairs too, delivered yesterday. Did not fog up and are quite comfortable. for under €10 for 4 pairs, I am delighted with the purchase :).

If only they could post stuff from China bit quicker it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

My five pairs arrived monday as well

Sikpupi wrote: »

The grey is dark enough at the top for bright sun but light enough at the bottom that you can see the road clearly even in the shade or when it clouds.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/400688431168?var=670250962519&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    My five pairs arrived monday as well

I would recommend splitting orderif anyone is ordering several pairs. I remember a thread on another section of boards where customs smashed a guys order of shades. Buying several pairs together might draw attention.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement