Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi ladies,

Just had a check up in the hospital today. Urine showed to have high levels of protein. Mid wife said it might be a kidney infection but to keep an eye for the signs of preeclampsia. Baby has turned but still not in right position so back again in two week, if not in position then he'll book me in for a section the following week.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Hi ladies,

Just had a check up in the hospital today. Urine showed to have high levels of protein. Mid wife said it might be a kidney infection but to keep an eye for the signs of preeclampsia. Baby has turned but still not in right position so back again in two week, if not in position then he'll book me in for a section the following week.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Ah these babies are little divils ; you can do everything right and they'll still do what they wanna do. Fingers crossed for the turn and that it's only a kidney infection x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Karmella, you're dead right that you are better off without him! Can't believe he couldn't wait to tell you, you and his children should come first right now. Your son hugging your bump is too sweet though :)

Excited_FTM, sorry to hear the baby isn't quite in the right position. He could hopefully align before your next appointment. If not, it's exciting that you'll get the date you'll meet your little one!

39 weeks today. Had my blood pressure checked when I went in today, the machine reading was high, so they kept me to have the doctor do a manual reading, which was in the normal range, so they are happy to leave my next appt in the clinic on Thursday. Cough starting to ease up some so feeling less worried about going into labour soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

So a week left for you comongethappy! Glad your cold / cough have gotten better!

Very excited to hear monflat's news tomorrow :)

Had my 36 week check up today, nothing interesting to report, they have just upped my GD meds to see if it improves. Can't wait to finish work this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Karmella wrote: »
    So a week left for you comongethappy! Glad your cold / cough have gotten better!

Very excited to hear monflat's news tomorrow :)

Had my 36 week check up today, nothing interesting to report, they have just upped my GD meds to see if it improves. Can't wait to finish work this week!

Hi all
    Good to read all your news! its not long more and I was enjoying reading over the first few pages of this thread.,
    Off for an " early " heartburn filled night now.

Il post when I can.

• Advertisement

So excited for you monflat! This time tomorrow you'll be holding your new little one! Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

So excited for you monflat! This time tomorrow you'll be holding your new little one! Best of luck!

Wow monflat! All the best for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Good Luck monflat! Thinking of you today! Very exciting!!!👶💕

Best of Luck Moonflat!!

Hopefully we all won't have too much longer

Hi all.

Baby boy 8 lbs 7 massive surprise convinced it was a girl.

Now the fun begins

• Advertisement

monflat wrote: »
    Hi all.

Now the fun begins

:) Fantastic news - Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy your 'rest' in the hospital :p

Congrats monflat! A good sized little lad! Any names picked?

Congratulations (",)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Huge congratulations to you monflat!! Hope you and the little man are enjoying lots of cuddles!
    (I'm convinced I'm having a girl too so it'll be interesting to see what happens!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

congratulations monflat 20 days left for me
    cant wait for d day

Early baby number 2! Baby boy arrived safe and well at 7.21 am eastern US time this morning after a very quick labour. 3 weeks early! 7 lb 1 oz, 19.75 inches.

Waters broke at 2 am, just a bit so wasn't convinced. I'd some pH strips from work so tested it: 7.5, amniotic fluid for sure. Mild cramping started at the bottom of the bump after 20 min, then got stronger and really close together. More waters, about 4 times at home. We were totally unprepared, no bags packed, no contraction app, no taxi numbers. Took us 2 hrs to get sorted then into hospital by 5am. 5cm then. Contractions began to get very very strong, breathing through them was very hard, I didn't want any drugs and they don't do gas and air. I'd planned to walk through the contractions but once I got on a bed I didn't get off. Lying on my left side all the time. Got to 10 cm about 7 am, felt the urge and started pushing. Jesus that was something else. Hubby had requested a mid wife early on and she was great, ob was there for the delivery and she was good too, both coaching me through the pushing. I think I was roaring, midwife told me to put that shouting energy into pushing! I was in another world through all that, eyes closed, lot of pain. And then he arrived! All pain forgotten! Up on my chest straight away. Oh my God! :)

Despite my intentions, I delivered on my back on a bed, but all went so quickly and so well I've no complaints. Midwife and ob were great and did honour our wishes for no drugs etc. Poor anaesthetist arrived in half hour after birth offering epidural, sorry mate too late!

Tried breast feeding after a wee while, took a bit to get him latched but seems to be OK so far. Nurse will be by later to see if I'm doing it right. Just hanging out now getting plenty of skin to skin with my little fella :):) bliss

Awww congratulations madeinamerica!!! Enjoy those cuddles and well done!!! :D

OMG!!! Congrats !!! Sounds like you did really well - no pain relief!! - fair play. But what a shock 3 weeks early!

Had you even finished work?!

Congratulations madeinamerica, at least you'll have an extra 3 weeks with baby now :) nice weight too to say 3 weeks early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Congratulations madeinamerica
    3 weeks early wow

• Advertisement

Congrats madeinamerica, so happy you and your little man are happy and healthy! :-)

Hi all.

Now the fun begins

Congratulations!! Awhhhh hope you are doing well monflat! x

Early baby number 2! Baby boy arrived safe and well at 7.21 am eastern US time this morning after a very quick labour. 3 weeks early! 7 lb 1 oz, 19.75 inches.

Waters broke at 2 am, just a bit so wasn't convinced. I'd some pH strips from work so tested it: 7.5, amniotic fluid for sure. Mild cramping started at the bottom of the bump after 20 min, then got stronger and really close together. More waters, about 4 times at home. We were totally unprepared, no bags packed, no contraction app, no taxi numbers. Took us 2 hrs to get sorted then into hospital by 5am. 5cm then. Contractions began to get very very strong, breathing through them was very hard, I didn't want any drugs and they don't do gas and air. I'd planned to walk through the contractions but once I got on a bed I didn't get off. Lying on my left side all the time. Got to 10 cm about 7 am, felt the urge and started pushing. Jesus that was something else. Hubby had requested a mid wife early on and she was great, ob was there for the delivery and she was good too, both coaching me through the pushing. I think I was roaring, midwife told me to put that shouting energy into pushing! I was in another world through all that, eyes closed, lot of pain. And then he arrived! All pain forgotten! Up on my chest straight away. Oh my God! :)

Despite my intentions, I delivered on my back on a bed, but all went so quickly and so well I've no complaints. Midwife and ob were great and did honour our wishes for no drugs etc. Poor anaesthetist arrived in half hour after birth offering epidural, sorry mate too late!

Tried breast feeding after a wee while, took a bit to get him latched but seems to be OK so far. Nurse will be by later to see if I'm doing it right. Just hanging out now getting plenty of skin to skin with my little fella :):) bliss

No waaaaaaay! Congratulations No2!!! Awh I'd say you are over the moon! Big kisses and hugs to mammy and baby!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Oh my god madeinamerica!!! Huge congratulations! I do pop my head in here from the August thread to see how you're all getting on and what a lovely surprise! I LOVE that you PH'd your own waters haha such a good idea :) must do that myself if this little lady ever decides to show up..! Enjoy every minute with your little dote bet he is just fab. xxx

Ah I'm delighted for you it's all over now.
    Things went great for you in the end. Fair play..
    Enjoy the time ye have together!!!!

Aww monflat and madeinamerica congratulations to you both on the safe arrival of your little bundles of joy. Hope you are both enjoying mammyhood and getting lots of snuggles in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Huge congrats Monflat and MiA! That's fantastic!

OMG,3 wks early MiA! I'm a week behind you! I couldn't contemplate going next week! :eek: I'm not finished work for another 2 wks!

Wowsers!#

Should start a "delivery post" for all new Sept arrivals! :D

Morning gals, last day of work today yippee!!! Being taken out for lunch. I was going to work tomorrow but I've an appointment in the morning to see the diabetes doctor so don't see the point really in going in for a few hours after.

Had my 39+3 antenatal appt today, high blood pressure 1st reading, and baby was being bold moving every time the midwife found his heart beat! This midwife reckoned he was around 10 lbs (no scan, just feeling) , so it will be interesting to see what he comes out as the midwife two weeks ago reckoned he was 7.4 lbs.

They had me wait 30 mins for another reading and it was normal, back in GP Mon for another BP check and then another midwife appt on Thursday if I haven't gone.

• Advertisement

Had my 39+3 antenatal appt today, high blood pressure 1st reading, and baby was being bold moving every time the midwife found his heart beat! This midwife reckoned he was around 10 lbs (no scan, just feeling) , so it will be interesting to see what he comes out as the midwife two weeks ago reckoned he was 7.4 lbs.

They had me wait 30 mins for another reading and it was normal, back in GP Mon for another BP check and then another midwife appt on Thursday if I haven't gone.

10lbs, wow!!! My goodness you're not far off from giving birth now, this thread will be full of new babies soon. Looking forward to hearing the stories and names :)

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. No, i hadn't finished work! I was in work the day before and was feeling awful tired, thought I'd over done it at the weekend as we'd the non-work baby shower on Sunday (which was absolutely lovely and very timely) and a friend staying with us for it down from Boston. He left Monday evening and missed all the fun!

Last few days have been great. Got very well looked after in the hospital, sharing a room at first then private room. Plenty of staff coming in to check on both of us, got feeding him from the start, very pro breast feeding in this hospital. I was really apprehensive about the medical care being too medical, iykwim, but they were great with how we wanted to do things.

He passed all his early tests, he's more like 39 weeks than 37, so my dates were probably just wrong.

We are home now since this afternoon. OH spent most of evening getting the crib together.

His nose has been a bit snuffly since e can home, nothing major probably just in response to dust in apt. But I can't go to sleep as I'm afraid he'll stop breathing. Lying here watching him sleep now. Crazy mammy worries have started already!!!

All the best monflat, hope all is going great and you're having great fun with the little bundle.

Best if luck to those yet to pop!

Ahhh that's lovely madeinamerica. :) I remember well just constantly looking at my son, for fear that he'd stop breathing. And also because he was just so gorgeous :)

Really enjoy this time now, getting everything together, it's lovely!

Well done made in America that's some story hope your enjoying you time together.
    Isn't it better you have your baby now as you don't get much maternity leave??? Enjoy every minute of it.

I'm still in hospital getting home tomorrow.
    A few surgery complications and different complications regardin pain relief.
    Never easy!!!

Baby feeding away great. First 48 hrs r so tough but all ok there now getting there.

I've limited the visitors and that helps great as everything takes its toll.

Was in a 2 bed room for 3 nights now out in 4 bed room.
    I can't wait to get home to a cup of tea and my own bed.

They don't seem to enforce the visitors policy here or the quiet hour from 3-4 pm
    It's a pity as at least everyone i saw had at least 4 visitors at a time. Baby being passed around then and get so over tired. .

Cleaners cleaning at all hours emptying bins and unnecessary noise!!!
    Aaaah

Hope next few days n weeks go great for ye all.

Well done made in America that's some story hope your enjoying you time together.
    Isn't it better you have your baby now as you don't get much maternity leave??? Enjoy every minute of it.
    I'm still in hospital getting home tomorrow.
    A few surgery complications and different complications regardin pain relief.
    Never easy!!!
    Baby feeding away great. First 48 hrs r so tough but all ok there now getting there.
    I've limited the visitors and that helps great as everything takes its toll.
    Was in a 2 bed room for 3 nights now out in 4 bed room.
    I can't wait to get home to a cup of tea and my own bed.
    They don't seem to enforce the visitors policy here or the quiet hour from 3-4 pm
    It's a pity as at least everyone i saw had at least 4 visitors at a time. Baby being passed around then and get so over tired. .
    Cleaners cleaning at all hours emptying bins and unnecessary noise!!!
    Aaaah
    Hope next few days n weeks go great for ye all.

Thanks monflat. Yeah I'm so happy he is here :)

Hope your complications clear up and you get home to your own bed soon. Great that bubs is feeding well! Good for you for limiting the visitors, some people dont take that well. I've no idea how women do it with streams of people coming in, I wouldn't have the energy or the patience. Anyway you'll be home soon and will get to enjoy your little munchkin completely!

Glad to hear you ladies are getting on great :)

Monflat, the hospital stay is my biggest worry, as I can't see getting any rest in the public ward. I am sure you are looking forward to being home with bubs and your kids

Hope all the ladies counting down the days and weeks are doing well too. I passed cold and cough to hubby so we are both wrecked. While he can take meds, my snoring is keeping him up - I have even woken myself up a few times with it! :o

• Advertisement

Hi Ladies hope you are all well & monflat and madeinamerica are taking it easy :) so hard to move around now really reached my limit this week! Doc says he's only 6lbs doesn't expect much more than 7lbs but obv cannot be sure.

Just wondering those of you that are public in The Coombe, is it €75 a night? Just checking as it's not been mentioned to me at all in hospital and it was a family member that told me to check.

Hi there the final weeks are very hard you just have a range of thoughts / emotions flying around.
    I'm not sure about the Coombe but once your public no charges are made

That's what it is in kilkenny anyways

Just a few things I found as a life saver were
    Flip flops for the shower as mentioned here before.

Bachs rescue remedy I found great

Ear plugs for when you get oh to come in he can mind baby etc while you sleep

Otherwise you will be so fascinated to close your eyes understandably!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Can't believe how immense the movements are now. My belly literally jumps all over the place. And much more constant than before. Literally looks and feels like bubs could break out of my belly any second! 36+3wks now. I thought movements decreased by this stage due to less space but bubs is still moving loads but just so much more stronger! And my belly antics are so noticeable to other people now, It's gas!

I'm wondering if I might have had braxton hicks today. Got some very sharp pains down below on and off for maybe an hour or so but then they stopped (phew). Are they like ...what I imagine to be bad period cramps? ( I never had period cramps so not too sure).

73trix - my baby's movements are definitely lighter than before. I thought it was due to restricted space. I feel more like stretches and rolls now rather than kicks. I guess there's no such thing as 'normal' with pregnancy, other than what's normal for each woman. I would like a few more kicks though, for reassurance! Although I have weekly scans and I have to keep an eye on the movements so I really have no reason to complain/worry! :)

I think I've had braxton hicks too but for me it's where my belly kind of tenses up for a few seconds. It's involuntary, it'll happen after I stretch or if I've turned over in bed or something. I have been getting a few pains down low too, like the odd stabbing sensation. I've been told it's just baby hitting off the cervix (and hopefully thinning it out!!!) :D

Sounds like Braxton Hicks although I haven't had any so wouldn't be an expert lol.

First day of maternity leave today, so excited! I have a feeling September is gonna be a great month ;-)

• Advertisement

Hi girls, up most of the night 7 times for toilet which has increased, woke up about 6am with a dull period pain and a full on back pain, it's now nearly 3 hours later and it's still constant, feel a little nauseous too. Doesn't matter which way I move pain still there and feels different to any other aches I've had. Lying in bed resting now as the back pain is quite bad.

Didn't want to panic my OH this morning going to work but could it be the start of things?! No show or waters but last few days a huge increase in (tmi) discharge.

(37+1)

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Hi girls, up most of the night 7 times for toilet which has increased, woke up about 6am with a dull period pain and a full on back pain, it's now nearly 3 hours later and it's still constant, feel a little nauseous too. Doesn't matter which way I move pain still there and feels different to any other aches I've had. Lying in bed resting now as the back pain is quite bad.

Didn't want to panic my OH this morning going to work but could it be the start of things?! No show or waters but last few days a huge increase in (tmi) discharge.

(37+1)

Hmm, I'm not sure pastry as my water broke before anything happened, but it could be the early stages alright ! If it's not going away at all maybe ring your hospital and talk to a midwife... Describe all your aches etc and they'll probably give you the best advice!

(37+1)

Hi there
    I.had this very same symptoms at 37 weeks I stuck it out for 2 days. As I had so much to do and think about

To me it felt like what my first labour felt like.
    Real low dull ache into coccyx area.
    I went to hospital on 3 day as I said if I'm having a section I'm not goin through labour all over again.

They checked baby on ctg and checked me to see if i I was dilated.
    Nothing at that time.
    So i went home had section 5 days later.

Get checked out would be the best thing.
    Good luck

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is well. Had a doc appointment today. All ok, baby is transverse. Back to hospital next week to see then

Pastry2010, Does the pain ever let up? If not, it's probably not labour contractions, but when in doubt give the hospital a ring and describe your symptoms, they may want you to come in for a look just in case. Otherwise it could be the baby has shifted further down and is pressing on a nerve.

Excited_FTM, traverse is better than breech! Hopefully bubs will turn the right way around now.

It's my due date today! However, I think baby is going to do some overtime! Was at Doc and BP was ok, so happy for baby to chill for a while. Next antenatal appt on Thursday.

Pastry2010, Does the pain ever let up? If not, it's probably not labour contractions, but when in doubt give the hospital a ring and describe your symptoms, they may want you to come in for a look just in case. Otherwise it could be the baby has shifted further down and is pressing on a nerve.

Excited_FTM, traverse is better than breech! Hopefully bubs will turn the right way around now.

It's my due date today! However, I think baby is going to do some overtime! Was at Doc and BP was ok, so happy for baby to chill for a while. Next antenatal appt on Thursday.

It was constant & then stopped about 1pm, pain eased and I've had a few niggly pains but nothing too bad. Very weird! I also had loads of white dots on front of my eyes while I was getting the back pain and stomach ache.

Anyway all well now feeling grand I'm putting it down to my body getting ready!

It was constant & then stopped about 1pm, pain eased and I've had a few niggly pains but nothing too bad. Very weird! I also had loads of white dots on front of my eyes while I was getting the back pain and stomach ache.

Anyway all well now feeling grand I'm putting it down to my body getting ready!

Sounds like you body getting ready pastry but the white spots maybe a sign of low BP so maybe check with your doctor just in case?

Excited_FTM sounds like baby is on the move, fingers crossed for you!

Comeongethappy, ah the magical due date :) funny how few babies actually come when they're due!

Furbabymomma, well, I was two weeks late and my mom had to be induced. It could have been her curse of saying to me when I was bold as a child "someday, I hope you have a child just like you" :p

Furbabymomma, well, I was two weeks late and my mom had to be induced. It could have been her curse of saying to me when I was bold as a child "someday, I hope you have a child just like you" :p

Hahaha KARMA!

Lol!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement