Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

sligeach wrote: »
    That's on the Swedish Nintendo page so it's not official yet. But I'd like Wiimote and nunchuk controls but this time with motion plus. I'd probably play the original view as I finished it on the Wii back at launch.

I kinda guessed they would include both gamecube and wii controls since its a HD up res, I've played the wii version, loved the game, can't wait to play it as it was meant to be played. Also, I think TPHD looks amazing from what we've seen, much more clearer and less muddy visuals.

Now Skyward Sword, I never even finished it due to the pants controls and the muddy visuals, and found it a bit boring.

That game needs an HD update and use of the gamepad AND proper motion controls, which, no doubt will happen on the NX in the future.

I also preordered that limited edition in Smyths last week. Can't wait to play it all over again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Skyward Sword should be burned at the stake. Awful Zelda game. Easily the worst I've ever played. I've played all the 3D and most of the 2D Zeldas. I enjoyed all the others but Skyward Sword, I hate nearly everything about it.

Just be thankful you haven't played these....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I checked with Bergsala (the Scandinavian distributor of Nintendo-products) regarding the listing of Wiimote+Nunchuk-support, and they said (translated from Swedish):
    This is a bit speculative on our part. We will remove this information until we can say for sure what the control scheme will be like, this has not been confirmed by Nintendo.

So there you go.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=186853391

• Registered Users Posts: 19,583 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The only good thing about Skyward Sword were its controls minus the constant resetting.

Good lord!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a Skyward Sword remake but with regular controls someday.

That would go ways to making that game considerably more playable. They'd also have to pull a deguffinization and drop the handholding stuff that makes the game's start the most tedious thing in the history of anything. It'd be similar to how they removed a bit of the needless padding in the Wind Waker remake.

• Advertisement

Skyward Sword would need to either kill Fi, shut her up or give her a personality. The game needs a soundtrack. It needs a proper world, not 3 disjointed areas. Create some proper minigames. Skip chat bubbles. Not tell me for the 1,000th time I've collected a piece of tumbleweed. Stop repeating the boss battles, create new areas instead of recycling assets for things like the musical notes and the Silent Realm. Fill the empty sky with some interesting things to do. Give a proper reward for healing your man, I won't spoil it for those who haven't played it. But the effort is not worth it for the s*** reward. The game is awful. Fix those problems for starters.

Skyward Sword would need to either kill Fi, shut her up or give her a personality. The game needs a soundtrack. It needs a proper world, not 3 disjointed areas. Create some proper minigames. Skip chat bubbles. Not tell me for the 1,000th time I've collected a piece of tumbleweed. Stop repeating the boss battles, create new areas instead of recycling assets for things like the musical notes and the Silent Realm. Fill the empty sky with some interesting things to do. Give a proper reward for healing your man, I won't spoil it for those who haven't played it. But the effort is not worth it for the s*** reward. The game is awful. Fix those problems for starters.

Best game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭jos22

47 pounds from Amazon Uk at the moment
    what odd is it is sold by amazon and wont ship outside the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

jos22 wrote: »
    It's €62 on Amazon.de, with another €5.50 postage to Ireland, but it might be worth it if you wanted to add something else to the order that'd be cheaper than elsewhere (the postage only goes up a small bit when you add more items).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

use the parcel wizard or parcel motel service

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

you could order it from smyths and opt for home delivery for 65 euros, same thing as the 47 pounds from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭jos22

you could order it from smyths and opt for home delivery for 65 euros, same thing as the 47 pounds from amazon.

forgot that smyths did games

I see Gamestop are 90 euro

It wouldn't be Gamestop if they sold a game at a fair price.

l_5694aee087591.jpg

This week's Famitsu magazine will have 4 pages on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. The scans should start appearing tomorrow.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201601/12097087.html

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looking forward to this! Got a pre-order of the special edition as a birthday present! I've never managed to get my hands on the GameCube version, so it'll be interesting playing the mirrored (or non mirrored rather!) version.

European boxart.
    91CNKDOnSML._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91CNKDOnSML._SL1500_.jpg

From the Famitsu scans, it seems there are fewer Tears of Light needed to be collected in Lanayru Province. The original Wii and GameCube versions had 16, but this version only appears to ask for 12. It wouldn’t be surprising to see this change extended to Faron Province and Eldin Province as well.

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-twilight-princess-hd-has-fewer-tears-of-light-to-collect-in-lanayru-province/

WAAAAANT.

WANT WANT WANT.

(Do we know is there any option for Wii controls? I don't care, I liked them.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Cut out some of the worst parts of the beginning as well, like the farming bits, and I'm well on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    WAAAAANT.

WANT WANT WANT.

(Do we know is there any option for Wii controls? I don't care, I liked them.)

I loved the Wii controls as well. Hopefully it will be an option in this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I know the game is 10 years old later this year, but do they have to put spoiler images on the box art? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Just completely ignore half the box and you're fine...really poor decision. I'm sure there are a number of people who've never played it. Hopefully they won't pay too much attention to the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Star Lord wrote: »
    I know the game is 10 years old later this year, but do they have to put spoiler images on the box art? :/

Would people know there's a spoiler if it wasn't being pointed out from those who know? I've never played Twilight Princess, looked at the box art, then read your comment and went back to look again. Maybe I wasn't looking as intently as some others might, but until you mentioned a spoiler I would have been blissfully ignorant of it!

That said, I'm still not 100% sure whats being spoiled on me. Maybe I'm just slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I've played it on the Wii (didn't finish it) and I have no idea whats being spoiled on that cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

pasta-solo wrote: »
    That said, I'm still not 100% sure whats being spoiled on me. Maybe I'm just slow.

Yeah, maybe it'll click the second I play the game but having never played the game it doesn't spoil anything to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I think it's only if someone points out what they believe is being spoiled, then you wouldn't know unless you've played the game and remember what happens.

I finished it on the Wii and I know what's being referred to but, like I said, don't worry about it.

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - Another Change: Max Rupees Increased

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKG_Kh8d6f4&feature=youtu.be&a

I hope there's something to use them on besides the Magic Armour.

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD to have a Hero Mode, extra dungeon unlocked via amiibo

Nintendo revealed The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD back in November, during the latest Nintendo Direct presentation. But since then, the company hasn’t said anything about the game, and even yesterday’s article in Famitsu didn’t allow us to learn anything really new. The magazine only revealed that there would be fewer Tears of Light in at least one region, and that the rupee limit has been increased.

But thanks to the product page on Amazon.fr, we finally have some proper details about the game. First, we learn that The Legend Zelda: Twilight Princess will have a Hero Mode, in which damage are doubled. Good news for players who already played the game on GameCube and/or Wii: it will be available right from the start! What’s more, you will be able to switch from Hero Mode to “Normal Mode” at any time.

The product page also mentions the items, that you can select easily via the touchscreen of the Wii U GamePad. You will be able to switch items without interrupting gameplay, which is a pretty neat feature.

Finally, we get details about the amiibo features of the game. First, we learn that the amiibo from The Legend of Zelda series can be used to get back some arrows or hearts. As for the Wolf Link amiibo, it apparently unlocks a brand new dungeon called “The Cave of Twilight / The Twilight Cave” (Cave du Crépuscule). And as mentioned during the Nintendo Direct, you will be able to record some data on it, and then transfer it to the new The Legend of Zelda game on Wii U.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) comes out on March 4th in Europe and North America, and March 10th in Japan.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/zelda-twilight-princess-hd-to-have-a-hero-mode-extra-dungeon-unlocked-via-amiibo/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Nintendo locking stuff behind an amiibo?

Its probably not hugely significant stuff though. The stuff locked behind the amiibos in splatoon was just a couple of challenge maps and a weapon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And, it's not core to the game, it's an added extra for those who buy the relevant Amiibo.
    So, if you buy Twilight Princess HD you are getting what you pay for.
    You want the extra, pay for the extra

• Advertisement

Nintendo locking stuff behind an amiibo?

Its probably not hugely significant stuff though. The stuff locked behind the amiibos in splatoon was just a couple of challenge maps and a weapon.

I don't agree with locking away content already on the disc behind a paywall on day one. Splatoon had more than "just a couple of challenge maps and a weapon." It unlocks 20(not sure, may be 15) challenges for each amiibo, weapons, special gear and mini-games. Hardly insignificant. It's paid for DLC before the game even came out and it's the same with TP.

Advertisement