Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry CC support permit system which allows rural people drink and drive

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Whats worse is the fúcking morons that abstained from voting. How about a bit of balls and compunction to either say "Yes I agree" or "No, Healy-Rae is a fúcking moron of the highest order, this is stupid"

I wonder is he actually serious, or is this just a bit of, "Jaysus, lads, it's quiet about, what can we do for the laugh?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

few naggins, be grand

Sound advice from suicide circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Came up with the idea in the pub too I'd bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I read the thread title thinking "I bet as usual the actual story in the OP is nothing like the misleading thread title", and yet, well, it just happens to be one of those rare occasions where the thread title is entirely accurate!

Anyway, it's only a proposal, the healy-rae gumball gallery know full well it'll never be passed, but hopefully this will be the one stupid proposal too far that'll have the Kerry electorate tell the healy-raes to fùck right off at the next general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

BASHIR wrote: »
    Came up with the idea in the pub too I'd bet.

Nah, in the car on the way home.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

liam7831 wrote: »
    I suppose if you don't like it then well don't come don't to kerry

Must have your own language there too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Who is worse? The self-serving local politician with brass neck or the idiotic buttnugget who votes for him?
    Ridiculous and he should be castigated for heading such a measure that flies in the face of decency and dances on the grave of every family of every victim of drunk-driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

So in the land called Healy Rae does this mean the designated driver can now have a few pints as well,will he/she get them for free been the designated driver?
    The rural areas he is talking about there would be no such thing as a designated driver(for the elderly folk)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

The rural areas he is talking about there would be no such thing as a designated driver(for the elderly folk)

Still doesn't even come close to justifying a proposal like this being backed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Never been to Kerry- seems I made the right choice.

• Advertisement

JustinDee wrote: »
    Who is worse? The self-serving local politician with brass neck or the idiotic buttnugget who votes for him?
    Ridiculous and he should be castigated for heading such a measure that flies in the face of decency and dances on the grave of every family of every victim of drunk-driving.
    He gets voted for a reason, he takes care of the people who vote for him.(not saying i agree with his policies but coming from a rural area in another county i can see why he gets votes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

krudler wrote: »
    Could this island get any more ridiculous?

It's early in the year yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

An excellent, rational idea. My proposal for allowing tractor drivers to drink and drive should also be considered.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78767894

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I think the council need to recount the votes, we all remember what happened the last time michael healy rae was involved in a vote!

Oh and your a f****ng disgrace to the county!

And what would be wrong with Healy-Rae providing a taxi for them? I know other country pubs that drop people home of their own dime.

Or is that too 21st century for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

And what would be wrong with Healy-Rae providing a taxi for them? I know other country pubs that drop people home of their own dime.

Exactly, they'd rather put people's lives at risk than lose a profit. There's a pub down my way where the owner drops people home at closing in a 7 seater car. That's how to tackle the issue, not some moronic self-serving motion that will put people at risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I think you should be allowed drink drive but only on scooters, it'd be a sort of Darwin natural selection thing.

If you want to drink and drive go right ahead but only if you put yourself at risk and not others.

Seeing fatty daddy Healy-Raes comb over flapping all around the place as he wobbles up a country lane on a moped at 7 m/ph would make for a quality late night tv3 show. Bring it on I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Its just that Healy-Rae fvcker acting the bollocks again. Kerry CC supporting it is madness, backwards fvckers

Local pubs are closing down, publicans cant afford to drive people home. If you are running a bar on your own how do you bring say bring 6 people home at closing time?
    My local pub normally makes a loss mon to thur as it is. You cant expect a publican to drive people to and fro home after pub closes(costs etc)

Local pubs are closing down, publicans cant afford to drive people home. If you are running a bar on your own how do you bring say bring 6 people home at closing time?
    My local pub normally makes a loss mon to thur as it is. You cant expect a publican to drive people to and fro home after pub closes(costs etc)

I know of at least 2 bars doing this. If they want people to come to the pub, they need to innovate.

Or organise something with a local taxi driver.

• Advertisement

I think you should be allowed drink drive but only on scooters, it'd be a sort of Darwin natural selection thing.

If you want to drink and drive go right ahead but only if you put yourself at risk and not others.

Seeing fatty daddy Healy-Raes comb over flapping all around the place as he wobbles up a country lane on a moped at 7 m/ph would make for a quality late night tv3 show. Bring it on I say.
    What others are at risk? Who else is on the small rural roads at that time at night?
    Why not allow a half an hour window for these drivers(no risk for other people)

What others are at risk? Who else is on the small rural roads at that time at night?

Define rural roads? R- Roads? What time of night is this? Closing time is 11.30 during the week, 12.30 on Saturday nights.

Not exactly a stretch to imagne that someone might be on the roads.

How far do they have to travel? Is it a mile? What if they have to travel further? 10 Miles? Is it 250 miles, on rural roads?

I know of at least 2 bars doing this. If they want people to come to the pub, they need to innovate.

Or organise something with a local taxi driver.
    Im not sure if we are comparing like for like. The local pubs near me wouldnt be making enough for a taxi driver(during the weekdays anyway). Local post office,primary school,shop have all closed in the last few years. Nearest gardai station is closed except for a few hours. Another rural pub nearby is closing due to nobody buying.

Define rural roads? R- Roads? What time of night is this? Closing time is 11.30 during the week, 12.30 on Saturday nights.

Not exactly a stretch to imagne that someone might be on the roads.

How far do they have to travel? Is it a mile? What if they have to travel further? 10 Miles? Is it 250 miles, on rural roads?
    Im not saying i agree with the proposal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

He gets voted for a reason, he takes care of the people who vote for him.(not saying i agree with his policies but coming from a rural area in another county i can see why he gets votes)
    That's the problem with Ireland. Local politicking. All based on what they can do for you and you alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

They're a bloody risk unto themselves! If the healy raes ACTUALLY gave a shìte about their patrons "only social outlet", they have the means and the money to actually BUY mini-buses that could do the pub runs during the week, and then the football match runs for the local GAA juvenile clubs at the weekends.

Something like that is a lot more viable than "my pub is dying on it's àrse, let my patrons drive home rat àrsed on the back roads, sure what's the worst that could happen?"

Clearly the healy-raes haven't been listening to the other staple of the elderly generation- Gay Byrne, as he related the horrors of road deaths in Ireland caused by drink driving. This country is trying to rid itself of the drink and drive culture, and these clowns want exceptions made to save their ailing businesses, under the guise of looking out for their elderly constituents?

GTFO!! That aran sweater doesn't stretch over near as many eyeballs as they think it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Don't just castigate these politicians. Consider the spastics that give them a mandate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

It seems we've been doing something right the way road fatalaties have declined year on year, so is dhr disputing this?
    Noticed a few publicans names among those who supported this vain and daft proposal, but hey all good, another fatality from drunk driving? why not go to the pub after the funeral.
    I don't dispute the decline of rural Ireland,but a bad idea is a bad idea.
    Would seriously like to have a word with the 27 or so moral midgets whom abstained from voting on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

So you think a reasonable solution would be to allow no other drivers on rural roads for half an hour while all the drunk people drive home?

Really?

What if they drive into each other?

What if there's an emergency?

What if the bar staff want to go home too?

What if the drinker wants to leave before the window opens?

What if other people in the area have to go somewhere, work, airport, etc.

What if we stopped even attempting to justify the nonsensical propositions of a fool?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Hope it goes through and then the car insurance companies charge the fuk out of them.

Something tells me they either haven't thought this through or someone is just playing to his voters.

Advertisement