Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2012 - 1000 mile challenge - How far have you run since Jan 1st?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

229240.png

Hit the 3,000 mile mark, just as I crested the top of Killiney Hill (unplanned route), as my mp3 player randomly served me Pink Floyd's 'Any Colour you Like' from Dark Side of the Moon. Random awesomeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Well I'm not sure I will ever be up there with the multi-millenium-milers at the top of the table, but I did become a multi-millenium-km'er today :).
    Just passed 2,000k during juvenile training this evening. That's by far my biggest output in a calander year and should have me over 40% up on last year.

(I just needed to tell someone!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

2000. last 20 miles took too long being sick and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Hard on Krusty's heels - 3000 this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Walkedit

Hard on Krusty's heels - 3000 this morning. :)

That's amazing, I've just seen your home page for the first time and SixMilebridge report is classic. I wish I was a rubbish marathon runner like you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Well done TFB on the 3000 miles and the race in sixmilebridge. As Walkedit said, its a great read, complete with Photo's. Awesome running!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Al0502

6m run on Tuesday night brought the year to 1,000 miles so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

2,000 up tomorrow, assuming I make it out of bed at 7am.

2007 miles. Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bludub

Got past 1000 miles today. Its my first year running and really enjoyed it and met all targets I set myself (finish a 5k, 10k and HM and 1000 miles). Only one downside really - pulling out of DCM at 22miles with knee injury.

Looking forward now to 2013 and beginning to think of new goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Hows it going everyone?

Newbie runner this year, entered a few races (pb's 5k 24.13, 10k 48.34, 10mile 81.19, HM 105.05)

Planning a serious ramp up in training from now on, have joined in with a club, and intend to follow Hal Hidgeon Intermediate plan for Connermara HM with a view to progressing to DCM2013.

Will have a nice shiny Garmin from Xmas day onwards to log the miles so intend to take part in your 2013 spreadsheet. Have gleaned a lot of good info from this board and the training logs, it's a great resource. Well done to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

Just over the 1,000 mark this morning, glad I have made good use of the garmin I ordered this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

dazza21ie wrote: »
    Just over the 1,000 mark this morning, glad I have made good use of the garmin I ordered this time last year.

Lovely morning for it too. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Some great mileage on this thread. Looking forward to next year's version so I can give it a go.Looking like I'll end up around 900+ miles this year so not far off the target:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

The average weekly mileage figure is wrong on the "enter distance here" sheet (it divided the miles by 43). It's correct on the "positions" sheet, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dundalk

It's going to be touch and go if I make it to 1000. I have a lot of drinking to do over the next few weeks, don't know if I'll be up for running!!

The average weekly mileage figure is wrong on the "enter distance here" sheet (it divided the miles by 43). It's correct on the "positions" sheet, though.

correct now. changed from lol
    E2/43
    to
    =IF(E2=0,"",E2/((today()-date(2012,1,1)+1)/7))

looking at the estimated 1000 mile date
    =if(F2>1000,G2,IF(F2=0,"",date(2012,1,1)+ROUND(1000/(F2/((today()-date(2012,1,1)+1))))))
    lol I must have been smoking something when I wrote this.

It's one way to guarantee job security when no one can see what the hell is going on including yourself :D

Whoever change Ray_lanigan to W35 has mileage envy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

OK, who buggered up the spreadsheet ? My money is on Jungahn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Dundalk wrote: »
    It's going to be touch and go if I make it to 1000. I have a lot of drinking to do over the next few weeks, don't know if I'll be up for running!!
    Come on you can do it,i gave up 3 weeks ago thinking it was a lost cause but got a rush of blood one night and decided to give it another go-- have suffered since and can see the finish line now at last, after a brutal July and August with injuries i'm paying for my sins having to go out most of these nights.it will be tight but all going well we will get home:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Hallelujah!
    I have managed to fall over the line at last...2,001 miles!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

I seem to have disappeared!
    Do I just add myself to the bottom of the list again?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

hawkwing wrote: »
    Come on you can do it,i gave up 3 weeks ago thinking it was a lost cause but got a rush of blood one night and decided to give it another go-- have suffered since and can see the finish line now at last, after a brutal July and August with injuries i'm paying for my sins having to go out most of these nights.it will be tight but all going well we will get home:)

Im nearly there, did 9.5 miles last night and the night before so i have around 20 mile to do.

Will cap a great year for me. 1.27 in the half, 3.13 in the marathon and scrapping over the line in the 1000 mile challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Dont think Im going to make the 2000 now. Struck down with a nasty chest last 3 weeks more or less. Clearing now but just cant see myself getting 75 miles in over the next 10 days. Still a big jump on last year though so cant complain.

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Dont think Im going to make the 2000 now. Struck down with a nasty chest last 3 weeks more or less. Clearing now but just cant see myself getting 75 miles in over the next 10 days. Still a big jump on last year though so cant complain.
    How apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭ger664

Hoped to make the 2000 Km for the year but avoiding a moving car on a footpath but paid to my chances. There is always next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

2,000 mile mark passed today,let the Xmas celebrations begin:D

Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year:)

Scrapped over the line today....1000 miles done and dusted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Fell home in a storm today,feet up now at last after 7 tough weeks in darkness,wet and legs almost shot.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

Was unsure if I was going to do it but I went past the 1000 mile marker today on a 15m hill run up to the windfarm in Kilchreest. Bloody windy way to do it (pardon the pun) nasty day out.

Delighted overall. Last year was 350 for the year so a big jump. First ultra & first marathon (in that order strangely) plus I have obliterated my PB's. Somehow I think it won't be as easy next year to get the same improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

i see someone has me in loads of lines again wit an alternative spelling of my name. I dont know if this was just copied or if others were moved out.

Robinph can you have alook please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Havent updated my milage in about a month but I notice that I've been deleted. Can anything be done? Anybody have a saved dated copy and I can update it then from my own records?

Advertisement