Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA League 1 H2H 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

wonski wrote: »
    Well done. I didn't expect to win it when I looked at your team.

This league is what kept me going, got very lucky many times.

Can't believe I am on top of something this season :)

It's swings and roundabouts. Transfers worked out really well for me this week, had I done two transfers differently I'd have ended up about 50pts worse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's 11th v 9th this weekend as I look to put a dent in Mr P' outside chance of promotion : )

I'd have beaten you by a point this week. Imagine losing and scoring 185! Same scores again this week please :pac:

If I don't win then promotion is certainly gone but I was in a relegation scrap for half a season so there's that.

I'd have beaten you by a point this week. Imagine losing and scoring 185! Same scores again this week please :pac:

If I don't win then promotion is certainly gone but I was in a relegation scrap for half a season so there's that.

If you had beaten me by 1pt on that score, as far as I'd be concerned, I'd just refer to you as Hector Salamanca from then on.

I've been in that relegation battle most of the season, but it's mid table security now.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Up to 4th place now and promotion looking ever more likely. Very tightly bunched though so I'll need to have a bit of luck on my side if I'm to be in the Championship next season. 7th placed ItsChecoTime you're up next for shaving. :)

Close game so far, coming into this game hoping to make it 5 wins on the bounce and continue the late charge for promotion. Nice call on Mahrez captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Close game so far, coming into this game hoping to make it 5 wins on the bounce and continue the late charge for promotion. Nice call on Mahrez captain!

Cheers. :) Of course me being greedy I wanted another Mahrez goal but can't complain with his return. I think you've got this in the bag though despite my 2 point lead. With Kane (c) left even if he gets just an assist I'd say you'll win. A Toby clean sheet would help my cause though.

• Advertisement

Cheers. :) Of course me being greedy I wanted another Mahrez goal but can't complain with his return. I think you've got this in the bag though despite my 2 point lead. With Kane (c) left even if he gets just an assist I'd say you'll win. A Toby clean sheet would help my cause though.

Think Alli's bonus points have got me over the line. Very tight game and very tight for the promotion places now!

Think Alli's bonus points have got me over the line. Very tight game and very tight for the promotion places now!

Well done. Would have been a draw but for Alli's bps. Up against Copper_pipe next who is just below me in 7th, really need a win now after a couple of big defeats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

All but relegated from this division.

I need three wins against "50 shades of Greyjoy", "Hackers" and "Masons Mercenaries" but "Whattawastamoney" just needs a point to seal my fate.

Had seven wins in the last nine, but too little too late.

Third lowest points total in the division says it all really, so not really surprised to be where I am. :(

F1ngers wrote: »
    All but relegated from this division.

I need three wins against "50 shades of Greyjoy", "Hackers" and "Masons Mercenaries" but "Whattawastamoney" just needs a point to seal my fate.

Had seven wins in the last nine, but too little too late.

Third lowest points total in the division says it all really, so not really surprised to be where I am. :(

Ah I thought you were going to do a Leicester on it. :(

If you had beaten me by 1pt on that score, as far as I'd be concerned, I'd just refer to you as Hector Salamanca from then on.

I've been in that relegation battle most of the season, but it's mid table security now.

My losing with 36 points net is a bit more logical. Congrats :pac:

Loved your work in season 2 of Better Call Saul too :)

• Advertisement

My losing with 36 points net is a bit more logical. Congrats :pac:

Loved your work in season 2 of Better Call Saul too :)

Looks like it's league 1 for both of us again next season.

It's my Hazard, Mahrez and Alderweireld +16 vs Copper_pipe's Martial, Firmino and Huth. Should have this one in the bag.

If everyone from 8th to 2nd loses their last 2 games and I win both then I can finish second. Assuming I make up 41 points on both.

Simple :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If everyone from 8th to 2nd loses their last 2 games and I win both then I can finish second. Assuming I make up 41 points on both.

Simple :pac:

I am glad you left me out of your plan :)

Looks like I am to be promoted regardless :)

6 points clear, so will finish third in worst case scenario... just tell me top 3 go up automatically, please.

A win over Copper_pipe moves me up to 5th, 2 points off the automatic promotion places. The lads are scheduled for an extra hour of training this week to get them into tip-top shape.

A win over Copper_pipe moves me up to 5th, 2 points off the automatic promotion places. The lads are scheduled for an extra hour of training this week to get them into tip-top shape.

I wish you all good luck.

You deserve a promotion given your overall rank, but this is not how h2h works, unfortunately.

I can't believe how lucky I was in this one.

h2h I play against my friends was a total disaster, though - lost any chance of winning it 6 months ago :)

Just shows how unpredictable this competition could be.

6 wins on the bounce has me up to 4th, so tight for promotion so hopefully the boys can keep up the momentum

Losing by 12 to Mike Ehrmantraut. Differences left are my Payet, Defoe, Milner, Hazard, Cresswell and PVA vs Sturridge, Lukaku, Firmino, Antonio, Smalling and Moreno +12. Think it's safe to assume I've lost.

Losing by 12 to Mike Ehrmantraut. Differences left are my Payet, Defoe, Milner, Hazard, Cresswell and PVA vs Sturridge, Lukaku, Firmino, Antonio, Smalling and Moreno +12. Think it's safe to assume I've lost.

Definitely have an advantage Pts wise, but far from a certainty yet, hoping Sturridge and Moreno both start

Ok, I apologise profusely in advance for snatching a 1 point win. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Definitely have an advantage Pts wise, but far from a certainty yet, hoping Sturridge and Moreno both start

Sturridge should definitely. Against former club and didn't play at the weekend.

I'm hoping Moreno is rested myself. When was the last time he didn't start?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Sturridge should definitely. Against former club and didn't play at the weekend.

I'm hoping Moreno is rested myself. When was the last time he didn't start?

He was rested for the Swansea match gw35, so hoping he starts tomorrow night and is rested for final league game

After the West Ham - Man Utd game it comes down to Mike's Sturridge, Lukaku, Firmino and Moreno +9 vs my Defoe, Hazard, Milner and PVA. That Antonio goal was the clincher for you Mike I'd say.

17 points lead against Chick's XI...

His Robles and Firmino vs Moreno, VanAanholt and Lukaku on my side. We both have Defoe.

Have a good feeling about this, but you never know...

If I win it, I'm a champion :)

Ended up winning by 11 somehow. Unlucky Mike, thought you had it in the bag. Will move up 1 place to 4th going into the final gameweek, victory against The Neon Knight should secure promotion.

wonski wrote: »
    17 points lead against Chick's XI...

His Robles and Firmino vs Moreno, VanAanholt and Lukaku on my side. We both have Defoe.

Have a good feeling about this, but you never know...

If I win it, I'm a champion :)

Thank you PVA :)

We are the champions... :)

97(-8) what a finish of this season for me.

I do admit I got lucky on few occasions by basically playing against someone who had even worse season. I was hoovering over 400k - 800k or for some time but kept being in top 3 for most of the season.

Just shows how strange this season was, and how difficult h2h leagues can be.

Congrats wonski. Hopefully I'll be joining you in the Championship next season.

Ended up winning by 11 somehow. Unlucky Mike, thought you had it in the bag. Will move up 1 place to 4th going into the final gameweek, victory against The Neon Knight should secure promotion.

You had a comfortable win in the end. Had a disaster tonight, 10pts from 5, if only I'd transferred in pva ; )
    Good luck in the promotion battle

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

victory against The Neon Knight should secure promotion.
    Having staved off relegation for another year I'll be looking to condemn you to another season in my company.

• Advertisement

Winning the last 8 games on the bounce catapulted me up to 2nd to gain promotion. Thrilled with that! Bring it on Championship

Advertisement