Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

How many Corkonians are even here?! :pac:

There was 2 but now there's 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Who knows, we could all be classmates! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Oh..well, that was a bit of an anti-climax.
    I probably should have been able to figure that out, but it's late and I do pass maths. :D
    M&S* wrote: »
    Who knows, we could all be classmates! :eek:

That's actually a scary thought. :pac: You also made me late. :(

There's four people from Cork I can think of! I made you late? Whut? :eek:

You also made me late. :(

:confused:

• Advertisement

Four?! Well, I'm new so like, I don't know anyone. :rolleyes:
    Yeah like, you posted just before I did so my reply to the comment before yours looked like I was replying to yours and it was all screw-y. :pac: Take no notice. :P

:confused:

You're not from Cork :confused:

You're not from Cork :confused:

I just wanted an end to the abuse!!!!!!!

*runs back to westport*

Westport's really nice! Better than 90% of Cork!

Westport's really nice! Better than 90% of Cork!

It is nice really. We have a lovely Tesco.

Night night.

• Advertisement

Another one leaving?
    Lads, I can't be writing to myself on here! Or can I?

I'll be sticking around until I get the rest of the Home Ec journal written up, if you want some company. :)

You're doing work at half 12? :eek: I wouldn't be able! I'll be around till I fall asleep but yes your company is most appreciated!

Starting work at half 12 is a bit more suitable. :pac: I've nothing done all day! I'm a bit of a night owl anyway, so I don't mind. If I don't do a tiny little bit done I'll like, hate myself for it tomorrow hahaha.

Naww, I feel wanted. :) Reminds me, I've a Heaney essay due next Tuesday..

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

AnnaKin wrote: »
    aww dont scare me with that injection stuff!! hate them! how long did it take for them to come to the school after yas sent off the forms?

I was given the form last Monday and got the jab on Wednesday :(

Is anyone else absolutely jaded? I keep telling myself that I'll stop staying up so late but it never happens :o

Story of my life. I don't even remember what it's like not to be tired. :)

Starting work at half 12 is a bit more suitable. :pac: I've nothing done all day! I'm a bit of a night owl anyway, so I don't mind. If I don't do a tiny little bit done I'll like, hate myself for it tomorrow hahaha.

Naww, I feel wanted. :) Reminds me, I've a Heaney essay due next Tuesday..

The only time I could do homework this late is if it was something I'd forgotten about that needed doing for the next day!

We just finished Heaney actually, I'm kinda gutted that Frost came up last year, he would have been my favourite poet!

The only time I could do homework this late is if it was something I'd forgotten about that needed doing for the next day!

We just finished Heaney actually, I'm kinda gutted that Frost came up last year, he would have been my favourite poet!
    I get up at 6.45 sometimes to finish homework. It's not that bad, really. I'm normally up for 8 but I'd be awake by 7 anyway.. It sucks 'cause once I'm awake that's it like. I can't fall asleep again. :(

We've only done Boland, Plath and Heaney to be honest. We're really far behind thanks to my terrible teacher last year. It took us from September to last Christmas to read Hamlet. Just read it. It's only now with our new teacher that we're actually doing Hamlet questions..

We've only done one more poet than that but we've no notes on any of the stuff we've done so it isn't great! :( My teacher doesn't believe in giving out written notes. I think he's just too lazy to do it! :(
    I'm going to go now night! :D

Get yourself a revision book or something! I'd die without written notes! :eek:
    Night night. :)

• Advertisement

Get yourself a revision book or something! I'd die without written notes! :eek:
    Night night. :)
    Revision book! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks it's genius! Turns out the moment I decide to sleep I wake-up :/

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Managed to make the second half of the Ireland match and I'm delighted because I'm up early now and can finish my homework.

Have a whole Sylvia Plath essay to study for an English test tomorrow though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Just an important announcement:

I too am from Cork :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I'll be sticking around until I get the rest of the Home Ec journal written up, if you want some company. :)

Have you all your assignments written up? The evaluations will be the death of me... They're super easy but I can't do them properly :P

That's 5 so! 6 actually I think I recall another Cork person here too! Leaving cert 2012 meet up in Cork? :p

Waheeeey!
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    Have you all your assignments written up? The evaluations will be the death of me... They're super easy but I can't do them properly :P
    God no. Most of mine aren't even up to scratch yet. We've a terrible teacher who just sort of leaves us at it. I'm writing in the chutney one and I've half of the eggs one redone, but it's been a week and a half and my teacher hasn't even looked at it to see if it's gone enough. :mad:
    It's crazy that we have to have them done by next month!

God no. Most of mine aren't even up to scratch yet. We've a terrible teacher who just sort of leaves us at it. I'm writing in the chutney one and I've half of the eggs one redone, but it's been a week and a half and my teacher hasn't even looked at it to see if it's gone enough. :mad:
    It's crazy that we have to have them done by next month!

Ugh join the club!! My teacher says I'm at a b2, which I'm really not happy with. But I don't understand how, it seems the only way to get it to an A standard is to write over the limit given, but sure that won't be counted? I love my teacher, but sometimes shes not too clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

I'm from Cork too! :P

...Can't believe I spent the last few minutes stalking the last 8 pages or so! ;p

Ah I feel so out of it because I'm not from cork :( :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ClaireBearBoat

I get up at 6.45 sometimes to finish homework. It's not that bad, really. I'm normally up for 8 but I'd be awake by 7 anyway.. It sucks 'cause once I'm awake that's it like. I can't fall asleep again. :(

We've only done Boland, Plath and Heaney to be honest. We're really far behind thanks to my terrible teacher last year. It took us from September to last Christmas to read Hamlet. Just read it. It's only now with our new teacher that we're actually doing Hamlet questions..

My english teacher is terrible! It took us from september to christmas last year to just read the play too! :rolleyes:
    You think you're behind? We haven't even started poetry.. AT ALL :eek:

:p

But I don't understand how, it seems the only way to get it to an A standard is to write over the limit given, but sure that won't be counted?
    You're right about it not being counted. I wish there was like, an extra page at the end of each journal for extra information like there was with the JC science investigations. :( Our teacher says that you could get bumped up a grade if your level of english is pretty good, so maybe try that? Presentation is also a factor, apparently. It's unfair, but that's how it goes..
    Ah I feel so out of it because I'm not from cork :( :L
    Ah sure God love ya. :pac:
    My english teacher is terrible! It took us from september to christmas last year to just read the play too! :rolleyes:
    You think you're behind? We haven't even started poetry.. AT ALL :eek:
    I'm lucky this year. I've a really good teacher 'cause my old english teacher's gone to teach geography. (god help those geog students..)
    That's pretty bad though, what else did ye do last year? All 3 texts of your comparative?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Is it just me or are the weekends really short compared to all the workload?
    ...The joys of repeating! :L

cocopopsxx wrote: »

Yeah last weekend was hectic with all the work. I have a day off tomorrow though so I left all the work to do then. Probably a bad idea but I've had a class weekend so I don't care :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I am so tired :( Ugh I really hate school. Think I'll end up repeating next year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

How is it already Sunday evening guys? This will not do :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Only starting my Rich essay now... Will I have it done by X-Factor? :(

Random question but has anyone else seen the inbetweeners movie? I think I was the last person in the country to see it :P (saw it last night). Funny, but not as good as the series :rolleyes:

Only starting my Rich essay now... Will I have it done by X-Factor? :(

Yes! Just get stuck into it! :) (leave big margins if you have to :P ) good luck :)

Random question but has anyone else seen the inbetweeners movie? I think I was the last person in the country to see it :P (saw it last night). Funny, but not as good as the series :rolleyes:

Was a bit teenage boy humour for me, too much penis everywhere :P I love the series though. Will is such a dote. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

I am so tired :( Ugh I really hate school. Think I'll end up repeating next year :(

trust me if you can avoid it dont repeat im still wrecked from last year and supposed to be working my ass of again!! one piece of advice if you want over 450 dont treat holidays and weekends as time of and dont give up if some of your pre/mock exams go wrong i did and really regretted it hence why im back for another year

• Advertisement

cocopopsxx wrote: »

they should have a thread just for repeats just so we can whine about the ridiculous amount of extra work we have. why are you repeating?

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Was a bit teenage boy humour for me, too much penis everywhere :P I love the series though. Will is such a dote. :P

Haha same, I didn't know where to look half the time :P ah I love Simon :P

I love it! I preferred the movie to the series but I loved them all! Pretty gutted that they're over! :(

Misfits is back in October! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

It's a great movie! And don't worry about random questions, this is the off-topic thread after all. I'm actually surprised at how school-orientated this thread is :O
    Yes! Just get stuck into it! :) (leave big margins if you have to :P ) good luck :)
    I don't have a hope of finishing it, but oh well!

what poets is everyone doing for english im doing plath rich frost boland

Misfits is back in October! :D

I never got the hype around misfits? I saw one episode where they were all getting pelted by giant snowballs? Not my cup of tea :P

Oh and how do you reply to everyone in one comment? I'm on my iPod so that's probably why I can't do it. But I look really stupid posting about 3 comments in a row :rolleyes:

My wonderful friend got me the misfits boxset for my birthday. :D Is the irish guy really not coming back to misfits? It'll be crap without him.

I never got the hype around misfits? I saw one episode where they were all getting pelted by giant snowballs? Not my cup of tea :P
    It's amazing! You must watch it properly! :)
    Oh and how do you reply to everyone in one comment? I'm on my iPod so that's probably why I can't do it. But I look really stupid posting about 3 comments in a row :rolleyes:
    You can multi quote? The " button is what you click on the posts you want to reply too! It can be tedious on an iPod though!
    My wonderful friend got me the misfits boxset for my birthday. :D Is the irish guy really not coming back to misfits? It'll be crap without him.

I really hope he does! :(

It's amazing! You must watch it properly! :)
    You can multi quote? The " button is what you click on the posts you want to reply too! It can be tedious on an iPod though!

I really hope he does! :(

I'll just reply to all of this cos it takes ages to delete everything :P yeah that's on the desktop site, they have an iPod one too. Just saw it there now! Think I'll grab the laptop in a minute :P just the iPod is handy for twitter and Facebook :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement