Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

• 18-04-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭

No transfers this week, have 3 of each Chelsea & Liverpool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Invincible wrote: »
    No transfers this week, have 3 of each Chelsea & Liverpool.

Well done you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Have 2 f.ts may make 3 transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I dont know! I have so over analysed this week that I have come full circle and cant decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

Have 2 f.ts may make 3 transfers.

+ 1

Mignolet might be one as have no pool defence. Not sure after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Letting it roll like a DGW boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Have 4dgw as is but likely to take a -4 to get two Liverpool players in.

Hendo/Coutinho or Sterling with Mig or Moreno.

Decisions decisions.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Apart from Mignolet, what Liverpool defender is going to play those two games? I genuinely have no idea as I haven't payed attention to their defence at all. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    Apart from Mignolet, what Liverpool defender is going to play those two games? I genuinely have no idea as I haven't payed attention to their defence at all. Cheers.

Skrtel I'd expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    Skrtel I'd expect.

Eriksen and Naughton out, Sterling and Skrtel in will be my plan then. Though I'm right on the button in terms of being able to afford that move now so if either drop/rise tonight I'm ****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Krul --> Mignolet probably
    Might just leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

myhill to mignolet
    eriksen to Henderson
    at the moment !
    I'm still looking at Nugent in for Kane as well.......but I'll prob just bench Kane and bring in giroud the following week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Right, have decided. Barring injuries I am pretty sure I am going to do Fabianski to Mingolet.
    I may take a -4 to do Mata to either Coutinho or Henderson.
    That will leave me with 6 doublers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Did Dawson get injured today? If he did I'll stick to my original plan and go Panti to Mig and Dawson to another v cheapie for -4.
    If he's not injured I might go Bertie to a Liverpool defender. I'd like to get rid of Panti though. I have visions of him picking up minus points in some game during the run in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

To keep Remy for the DGW or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I am not one for taking hits but I am thinking of doing Krul to Mig, Alder to Moreno, Dawson to Schlupp and Eriksen to Sterling/Henderson for a -12 :eek:

I was only planning to transfer out Krul and Eriksen but with the two injuries I don't fancy playing Bellerin (home to Chelsea) or PVA (away to stoke) so I might go for broke.

I'll wait to see if the two injuries are serious first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Had planned on Vardy and Sterling in for Berahino and ameobi for a -4. Dawson and alderweireld getting injured along with Bellerin's position being in serious doubts seems to have scuppered those plans. Will probably bring a southampton defender in for Alderweireld and Henderson in for Ameobi for -4 and roll with Berahino for one more week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

PVA to Skrtel/Moreno and Eriksen to Sterling for me at the moment. Won't be touching anything til after the Liverpool game. Will make my transfers then and put it away til Saturday morning. Not sure what player I want to captain at all though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I have the following players for a DGW
    Schmeichel
    Dawson Hull
    Ivanovic
    Terry
    Hazard
    Henderson
    Cambiasso

Have 1 FT, was thinking of taking out Cazrola for Sterling, thoughts?

My three strikers don't have DGWs, Kane, Aguero and Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bolasie's 1 pointer was a sickener and not sure whether to stick with him or take a hit to get Henderson in for him. Am mindful of the fact that in GW35, Palace are away to Chelsea while Pool have QPR at home.

SantryRed wrote: »
    PVA to Skrtel/Moreno and Eriksen to Sterling for me at the moment. Won't be touching anything til after the Liverpool game. Will make my transfers then and put it away til Saturday morning. Not sure what player I want to captain at all though.

Have you no other defender to get rid off Pva could be useful come the double in gw 37.

• Advertisement

Have you no other defender to get rid off Pva could be useful come the double in gw 37.

Thanks Busts. Didn't realise how bad WBA's run in is so going to get rid of Dawson again.

Thanks Busts. Didn't realise how bad WBA's run in is so going to get rid of Dawson again.

Dawson went off injured today also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Debuchy back for arsenal, bellerin and chambers not even on bench, end of them ff wise this year??

POKERKING wrote: »
    Debuchy back for arsenal, bellerin and chambers not even on bench, end of them ff wise this year??

Gabriel might be an option now if Mertesacker's injury rules him out for a few weeks.

POKERKING wrote: »

Gabriel might be an option now if Mertesacker's injury rules him out for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Depending on whose injury is worse, either Alder or Dawson other for Skrtel. I'm in two minds about holding Murray as well, dunno whether to keep him or not. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

skrtel in, either bellerin or cresswell out

Debuchy can also play there .......I think Kos and ospina are the only definites for their DGW and prob debuchy given he can play both positions

km79 wrote: »
    Debuchy can also play there .......I think Kos and ospina are the only definites for their DGW and prob debuchy given he can play both positions

Can't see Kos playing every game due to the achilles issues he's been having but ya Ospina is probably the best route into the defence now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

km79 wrote: »

If Mert is out, then Gabriel would be cert to start imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Chambers can also play central defence and did so often earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Roonbox wrote: »
    To keep Remy for the DGW or not?

Just heard on match of the day that Costa's in contention for the arsenal game...

I'm getting rid of remy as I'm not taking anymore chances with Chelsea forwards until Costa's back up and running 100 per cent. id rather have a cert dgw striker than gamble with Remy again and get burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Currently have Hazard, Fabregas, Terry and Schlupp with a DGW. I have 2 FT and I'll likely bring Henderson in for Mane. Then I need to weigh up Skrtel for Bellerin or Sterling/Coutinho for Eriksen, or both of those for a -4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Eriksen out, Hendo In

Might bring in another player for a -4, but will already have 6 double game weekers with that one, so that's probably enough

Yep, think I may do Mig in for Myhill for 7 double gameweekers

Plus Mig has a good set of fixtures on the run in. With Kelvin Davis as my other keeper, he could potentially Sub in for Mig on Gameweek 36 with Liverpool play Chelsea and Southampton play Leicester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Eriksen out for sterling and Bertrand out for terry.

Should be happy with that.

Have Moreno, hazard, terry, sterling and possibly remy with the doubles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

2FTs so will definately bring Mignolet and Sterling/Hendo in for Foster and Mane.

Am p*ssed off with both Eriksen and Mane (they've both been useless in the last few weeks). Will see how Eriksen goes, but I'll more than likely also bring in another Liverpool mid for Eriksen, for -4. That will give me 3 x Chelsea (one is Remy) and 3 x Liverpool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

WC team picked. 9 dgw alongside Aguero and Silva (if they play Aguero up top by himself today). Arsenal and Sunderland player on bench for gw37. Transfer plan laid out for next 3 weeks.

Sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

"Skrtel and Fabregas" or "Azpilicueta and Sterling" for the dgw...
    Anyone have any ideas on that?
    Have Migs, Henderson, Hazard and Terry anyway.

Kind of leaning towards the latter as I have a feeling Sterling will get a higher score than Fab and I'd trust Chelsea defence more than the pools.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    WC team picked. 9 dgw alongside Aguero and Silva (if they play Aguero up top by himself today). Arsenal and Sunderland player on bench for gw37. Transfer plan laid out for next 3 weeks.

Sorted.

Kane on bench or sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

FutureGuy wrote: »

Sorted.

Have you gone with 3 from Pool / Chelsea / Leicester?

Have my wildcard to activate too but don't know if I want that many Leicester players in my team for the remaining GWs

Thinking:
    - Terry, Hazard & Fabregas
    - Sterling, Moreno & Henderson
    - Schlupp and maybe Ulloa/Vardy

Can't see a logical 9th unless I do Schmeichel but do I want 2 Leicester defenders?

Decisions, Decisions

Wonder will people take a punt on Sturridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭Invincible

lassykk wrote: »
    Have you gone with 3 from Pool / Chelsea / Leicester?

Have my wildcard to activate too but don't know if I want that many Leicester players in my team for the remaining GWs

Thinking:
    - Terry, Hazard & Fabregas
    - Sterling, Moreno & Henderson
    - Schlupp and maybe Ulloa/Vardy

Can't see a logical 9th unless I do Schmeichel but do I want 2 Leicester defenders?

Decisions, Decisions

Wonder will people take a punt on Sturridge

How about Cambiasso as your third Leicester player, in good form lately, free kick duties, maybe penalties?

looking at their form , amount of home games and the fact they have something to play for till the death I'm increasingly tempted to get a 3rd foxes player in!
    would be for a hit ..........have schlupp and cambiasso
    so its either double up on defence with schmeichel (which scares me ) as I only have my hill playing anyway and his fixtures are poison OR vardy in for Kane .
    what ye think?
    Kane is being benched next week if I keep him no matter what he does today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Seeing people with 9 players for the DGW has me a bit worried. Those of you who are jumping in with two feet, how are you planning on getting these players out, or are you going to be keeping them for the rest of the season?

I think captaincy is a huge question this week. Even though there's a DGW, none of the DGW players are actually that enticing!

CHEL: Arsenal (a), Leicester (a)
    LIV: West Brom (a), Hull (a)
    LEIC: Burnley (a), Chelsea (h)
    HULL: Palace (a), Liverpool (h)

Because you've also got these lads:

Aguero: Villa (h)
    Murray/Palace players: Hull (h)

I'll probably just go Hazard in the end but it's an interesting question.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Seeing people with 9 players for the DGW has me a bit worried. Those of you who are jumping in with two feet, how are you planning on getting these players out, or are you going to be keeping them for the rest of the season?

I've got 9 (although one if Nugent) plus Aguero and Kane it makes it a lot easier with Chelsea and Liverpool playing CPL and QPR after the DGW so no immediate rush to get them out after that the plan is Sterling & Sout > two Arsenal mids when Liverpool go to Chelsea and Arsenal are at home Swansea so it all fits together nicely. Leicester players are easy bench fodder while they stay in.

I think captaincy is a huge question this week. Even though there's a DGW, none of the DGW players are actually that enticing!

CHEL: Arsenal (a), Leicester (a)
    LIV: West Brom (a), Hull (a)
    LEIC: Burnley (a), Chelsea (h)
    HULL: Palace (a), Liverpool (h)

Because you've also got these lads:

Aguero: Villa (h)
    Murray/Palace players: Hull (h)

I'll probably just go Hazard in the end but it's an interesting question.

If it was a regular GW and Hazard was away to Leicester he would be right up there on the poll fact he has another game is just a bonus even if it is Arsenal away. He would probably be the only only one significantly ahead of Aguero I would think Sturridge too if we knew he would get the minutes possibly.

jimmii wrote: »
    I've got 9 (although one if Nugent) plus Aguero and Kane it makes it a lot easier with Chelsea and Liverpool playing CPL and QPR after the DGW so no immediate rush to get them out after that the plan is Sterling & Sout > two Arsenal mids when Liverpool go to Chelsea and Arsenal are at home Swansea so it all fits together nicely. Leicester players are easy bench fodder while they stay in.

Leicester have newcastle at home gw 35 so that's a great fixture for them also.

Leicester have newcastle at home gw 35 so that's a great fixture for them also.

Yeh they are going to do there bit when needed. Actually looking at it now I'll probably have to start them a few times :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

jimmii wrote: »

I was eyeing up the team in my target spot in the pay league (which I now realise is probably yours) this morning, saw you had one less player than me today and thought "oh yeah!"

Then I saw the 9 (at least) DGWers and thought "oh f****ck". :D You're set up very nicely indeed.

I was eyeing up the team in my target spot in the pay league (which I now realise is probably yours) this morning, saw you had one less player than me today and thought "oh yeah!"

Then I saw the 9 (at least) DGWers and thought "oh f****ck". :D You're set up very nicely indeed.

Yeh with only two today i'm 90% to drop tonight but set up well next week and going forward. Nice to have a reasonable day yesterday after last weeks disaster! Handy to be able to WC a week before the DGW to get an extra transfer for GW37. I'll have 5 for that week too.

I'm Rua Dublin is it the boards pay league?

• Advertisement
Advertisement