Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things youth defence hates..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

kylith wrote: »
    I have to be the only person in the world who prefers raisins to chocolate chips in biscuits. They're just so chewy.

Nope, same here. Except these days they get stuck in my broken back teeth. Who mentioned garibaldi a while back? I love them, but they're hard to get. Aldi's version don't even come close - they have that horrible fake fruit flavour added to the real raisins. WHY people, WHY??!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Can't stand chocolate biccies. Or chocolate ice-cream. And especially, dark chocolate. Dreadful stuffs.

Though I don't half mind those Ferrero Raffaello Coconut Cream, uh, Balls:

267028.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Didn't take you for a conspiracy theorist.

Hardly a conspiracy theory. As I said previously,

There's smear tactics, fall guys, dirty tricks, agent provocateurs, internal espionage.

How best to garner public sentimentality? This sort of thing is universal and not just confined to a bunch of desperately unhappy fanatics like YD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You can add "Responding to Standards in Public Office" to the list in the OP. link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

We can all agree, Rich Teas with butter on them at 3 in the morning. Greatest Thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

We can all agree, Rich Teas with butter on them at 3 in the morning. Greatest Thing.

What???

jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-that-s-wrong-dog-66b6a8.jpg

Do you know what happens when you dunk a Rich Tea with butter?

//gags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

You don't dunk them with butter. You spread butter on top of them and boy is it delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I had a vague memory from childhood that these were the Greatest Thing. Then I tried one. Then I made OH try one as she had a similar memory.
    We then had a discussion about how stuff that we thought was 'Greatest Thing' to eat as kids turn out to be mank when consumed by one's adult self.

Except 'raw' sponge cake mix - that's still put the grandkids to bed for madey-up crimes just to have it all for oneself....or so I have heard.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Digestive covered in Philadelphia. /win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Sarky wrote: »
    Digestive covered in Philadelphia. /win

Eh, no.

Arrogance. You're just not eating them with an open heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

lazygal wrote: »
    Eh, no.

Probably better suited to the 'interesting stuff' thread, but apropos here. Did you know that the digestive biscuit was originally sold as a treatment for excess flatulence. The clue's in the name.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

"The prominent anti-abortion group, Youth Defence, has refused to declare the source of its financing despite repeated requests to do so from the political-funding watchdog.
    The Standards in Public Office Commission (Sipo) has written to Phil Hogan, the environment minister, seeking an increase in its powers of enforcement over organisations involved in political activity.

It follows the refusal of Youth Defence to register and furnish information and documents in relation to its activities. "
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/sipo-seeks-powers-to-act-on-youth-defence-complaints-239895.html

.....bit of stupidity having no penalty or enforcement powers in the law.

The cynic in me thinks that was very much a deliberate move by the politicians who set it up.

My inner cynic is more often right than wrong. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sarky wrote: »
    The cynic in me thinks that was very much a deliberate move by the politicians who set it up.

My inner cynic is more often right than wrong. :(

There's a saying about stupidity often being more likely than conspiracy that counters this, which I'll go with in this case.

Nodin wrote: »
    "The prominent anti-abortion group, Youth Defence, has refused to declare the source of its financing despite repeated requests to do so from the political-funding watchdog.
    The Standards in Public Office Commission (Sipo) has written to Phil Hogan, the environment minister, seeking an increase in its powers of enforcement over organisations involved in political activity.

It follows the refusal of Youth Defence to register and furnish information and documents in relation to its activities. "
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/sipo-seeks-powers-to-act-on-youth-defence-complaints-239895.html

.....bit of stupidity having no penalty or enforcement powers in the law.

They should just declare them a terrorist organization unless they declare their funding sources.

Jernal wrote: »
    You don't dunk them with butter.
    Dead right I don't, boyo!
    You spread butter on top of them and boy is it delicious!
    Your clogged arteries might disagree.

Butter-free dunking, ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I had a vague memory from childhood that these were the Greatest Thing. Then I tried one. Then I made OH try one as she had a similar memory.
    We then had a discussion about how stuff that we thought was 'Greatest Thing' to eat as kids turn out to be mank when consumed by one's adult self.

Except 'raw' sponge cake mix - that's still put the grandkids to bed for madey-up crimes just to have it all for oneself....or so I have heard.....

Indeed. I ate sugar sambos and jam on cheese slices (the plastic variety) when I was a boy.

The very thought of these makes me sick to my stomach now.

YD are probably still at the sugar sambo stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Rich tea taste like cardbord

• Advertisement

You're obviously not having a true Rich Tea then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

You're obviously not having a true Rich Tea then.

No, no, I've had the brand ones. They're just so plain and boring. They're Protestant biscuits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

They're just so plain and boring.

Oh really?

cadburyrichteabiscuitsL.jpg

No, no, I've had the brand ones. They're just so plain and boring. They're Protestant biscuits :D

Urge to ban rising.
    Urge to ban rising.
    Urgeee to ban. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    Oh really?

cadburyrichteabiscuitsL.jpg

Just goes to show, chocolate can be used to improve anything.

Hang on a second. This thread is supposed to list things Youth Defence hates are we really saying they hate biscuits!? :eek:

Hang on a second. This thread is supposed to list things Youth Defence hates are we really saying they hate biscuits!? :eek:

Only atheist biscuits ie: anything not considered the body of your man Jeebus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,497 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I had a vague memory from childhood that these were the Greatest Thing.

Not Rich Teas, but two Marietta biscuits with (hard) butter in between and squeezed together until it oozed up from the holes... Haven't dared try it again in case reality doesn't live up to the childhood memory :(

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Not Rich Teas, but two Marietta biscuits with (hard) butter in between and squeezed together until it oozed up from the holes... Haven't dared try it again in case reality doesn't live up to the childhood memory :(

Ah, Marietta butter worms! Memories flooding back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Let me just assure everyone that buttery Rich Teas are still good 15 years later, same with buttery crackers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

YD will likely hate this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2430104/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just spotted that YD have a very imprtessive banner on their facebook page

793867_10151475858022363_1524207074_o.jpg

Shame they are missing the * at the end

* Except for women who have been raped and are pregnant, we want to ignore their rights! Oh and also women who's life is endanger from a pregnancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Cabaal wrote: »
    Just spotted that YD have a very imprtessive banner on their facebook page

793867_10151475858022363_1524207074_o.jpg

Shame they are missing the * at the end

* Except for women who have been raped and are pregnant, we want to ignore their rights! Oh and also women who's life is endanger from a pregnancy.
    That is crying out for a quick photoshop.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭stanley 2

MrPudding wrote: »
    That is crying out for a quick photoshop.

MrP
    may be love them both

• Moderators Posts: 51,859 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

stanley 2 wrote: »
    may be love them both
    :confused:

If you can read this, you're too close!

may be love them both

'Love' them both but value the unborn more.

"I believe in the right for nuns to avoid paying compensation."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

may be love them both

Both the woman and her human right to chose when to gestate a baby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

may be love them both

* for a given value of 'love'. Your definition of 'love' and that of YD may vary. Not a guarantee.

• Advertisement

koth wrote: »
    :confused:

Disclaimer: does not apply to gays, non-Catholics, immigrants, single mothers, the children of single mothers, secularists or anyone who wants to be vaccinated.

'Love' them both but value the unborn more.
    no just live and let live

Really....

I am not convinced YD would 'let me live' as I am already born and have a womb and if this womb was inhabited against my will then my right to live would become secondary in YD's world.

Really....

I am not convinced YD would 'let me live' as I am already born and have a womb and if this womb was inhabited against my will then my right to live would become secondary in YD's world.

this is not as you call it YD S world it is your world and your childs world .
    i have no more right to kill my child than i do to kill my parents

this is not as you call it YD S world it is your world and your childs world .
    i have no more right to kill my child than i do to kill my parents

Agreed.

But we are not talking about a Child - we are talking about a clump of cells that has the potential to eventually possibly become a child.

• Moderators Posts: 51,859 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Considering YD are opposed to women having the choice to have an abortion, they definitely do not fall under the category of "live and let live".

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

This is probably the closer category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If only YD would do the same.

Aha. Oh, you don't know much about Youth Defence, do you? Or you do, and you're pretending they don't happily maintain links with fascist sociopaths.

Agreed.

But we are not talking about a Child - we are talking about a clump of cells that has the potential to eventually possibly become a child.
    this is the crux of the matter when did your child become unique
    for good or bad no child could become or was the same to me thats at conception .

this is the crux of the matter when did your child become unique
    for good or bad no child could become or was the same to me thats at conception .

Que? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement