Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EA Sports UFC - Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

More details on how the sub system works. I like the sound of it, constantly trying to improve position and progress the sub. Won't be any lightning quick subs by the sounds of it. In any of the Undisputed games, I never felt comfortable with subs. EA MMA was much much better, it actually felt a sub was the right thing to do if you got into that position
    Talking with EA Sports UFC Creative Director Brian Hayes in partnership with sister site GameRevolution, Sherdog.com Managing Editor Mike Fridley got the lowdown on the submission mechanics of the developer’s debut UFC effort, which hits shelves this spring.

Mike Fridley: The most frustrating element of each and every MMA game that precedes EA Sports’ UFC title is a submission system that feels unrealistic and cumbersome. Will EA Sports UFC revolutionize the ground game and if so, what specific innovations should hardcore fans and grapplers get excited for?

Brian Hayes, EA Sports UFC Creative Director: Here’s the thing, you can roll in Brazilian jiu-jitsu with your eyes closed. In fact, a lot of times, in various positions and situations, you might only be able to actually see your opponent’s leg, or their butt. Maybe your face is actually pressed into the mats. Who knows? A great deal of the ground game in real life is about feeling your opponent’s weight, feeling where their center of gravity is, feeling their wrists in your hands, etc.

In a video game, realistically, we are only capable of giving the user visual information. So, ask a grappler how well they think they would do if they lacked all sensation in their body below the chin. It’s really easy to say, “let’s not have a submission mini-game.” It’s a lot more complicated when you have to actually give users the ability to perform submissions in a video game.

That being said, we are doing some new things and some different things than fans have seen in the past. Our submission system involves an onscreen mini-game. It’s based on two core principles:

One, the person you’re trying to submit is rarely interested in letting you make progress towards your goal of making them tap. In real jiu-jitsu they’re looking to move in a way that will alleviate pressure and make it possible to escape. In our game, they have the ability to try and escape by pushing the right stick up, down, left or right. You’ll be able to see where they are trying to escape and how close they are to escaping. You can push your right stick in the same direction to lock them down, but they can instantly move in another direction.

Two, there’s an element of timing to sinking a submission in deeper. You have to be ready to react when the opening presents itself. Whether it’s sliding a forearm under your opponent’s chin, or tucking your foot behind your knee in a triangle. This comes in the form of an onscreen prompt to flick your left stick up, down, left or right. Every submission has multiple moves that must be executed before it’s locked in 100% and each time you advance a move, the defender goes back to square one trying to escape.

There is a lot of different stuff that comes out of this system and it really makes for a clear difference between fighters with disparate submission abilities, but this answer has already gotten really long. I figured this was [Sherdog.com’s audience] though and went deep [with submission game details].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Won't be any lightning quick subs by the sounds of it.
    That's a bad thing imo. They should tough to work for most of the time, but when a fighter is exhausted, or taking a beating he should sometimes leave himself open to a quick sub, just makes it a bit more interesting imo

Mellor wrote: »
    That's a bad thing imo. They should tough to work for most of the time, but when a fighter is exhausted, or taking a beating he should sometimes leave himself open to a quick sub, just makes it a bit more interesting imo

Oh yeah, agree with that, there should def be quick subs under the right circumstance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

1909161_665284930176033_139455435_o.jpg

Definitely Bruce Lee!

• Advertisement

eas-ufc-dominick-cruz.jpg
    eas-ufc-josh-thomson.jpg
    eas-ufc-ronaldo-souza.jpg
    eas-ufc-nate-diaz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Its deffo Bruce Lee. Maybe I'm the last one to cop this, but even the strike that is being shown in the reveal picture is the iconic Bruce Lee 'back-fist'.

Has to be Fedor Bruce in the yellow shorts and black stripe

ufc-4125-6152118.jpg?cb=2014-03-28T19:31:24+0000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can't wait to use him!!

Pic updated with yellow shorts and black stripe. Someone commented they have already seen the poster announcing him and will be a preorder bonus.

• Advertisement

Bkh7tFaIMAAQ1gO.jpg

Official cover. The ones made by fans were 100 times better.

10245465_666399960064530_2894351393391515342_n.jpg

I actually don't mind it :o

Do you have a link to the fan covers?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I actually don't mind it :o

Do you have a link to the fan covers?

They are on the official facebook page If you check their pics. I can't link them from my phone. I don't think gus should be on the cover either but the people did speak :)

Mellor wrote: »
    But my guess would be Bruce Lee. His daughter manages his estate and has a pretty good relationship with the UFC.

:D:D:D

ufc-4125-19924.jpg?cb=2014-03-28T19:31:18+0000

BkkgFKwCUAARLU_.jpg

New video of the game. Conor's in it briefly at 0:44. Doesn't look like they've his new tattoo in it.

peejay1986 wrote: »
    New video of the game. Conor's in it briefly at 0:44. Doesn't look like they've his new tattoo in it.

Not available anymore, anyone got another link? Conor vs lee has to be the 1st fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

****ing yessssssssssss!!!

June 17th release date, can't fupping wait!!

• Advertisement

June can't come quick enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

I will be very tempted to splash out on a PS4 by the time this is released.

Many's a good night were spent with 4 or 5 lads playing Undisputed '10 tournaments :cool:

/edit also McGregor putting a pounding on Guida!

I got some screenshots from the vid

CMeahKd.png

nzP1hi0.png

VQ6u1qP.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's my birthday next week and my missus has decided to grab me a PS4! Didn't want one at all until I started watching the videos for this game! I'll be all over it in June!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It's my birthday next week and my missus has decided to grab me a PS4! Didn't want one at all until I started watching the videos for this game! I'll be all over it in June!

Happy days!!!!!

I read Bruce Lee is unlocked by beating career mode on Pro level. The preorder just gets early access. Glad everyone will get to use him.

So what system will everyone be getting this on? It'll PS4 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Xbox One.

:confused:

PS4 also. Possible online boards league???

• Advertisement

Ps4 for me as well. We had a short lived boards tournament with one of the undisputed games, was a great laugh.

Axwell organised one for the first UFC game on XBox.

Not bragging or anything but, you know, I was, you know, the undisputed champion!

No big deal or nothin'! :P

ibmd6eb6afJQTB.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Axwell organised one for the first UFC game on XBox.

Not bragging or anything but, you know, I was, you know, the undisputed champion!

No big deal or nothin'! :P

I never got my rematch! I did some sever damage to my thumbs from all the button bashing and moving the thumbsticks to get out of subs and Dana wasnt willing to send me to a top surgeon so I never got back to my best. biggrin.png

Luckily I am now back fighting fit and have a PS4 so definitely up for a few games with the boardsies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Axwell wrote: »
    I never got my rematch! I did some sever damage to my thumbs from all the button bashing and moving the thumbsticks to get out of subs and Dana wasnt willing to send me to a top surgeon so I never got back to my best. biggrin.png

Luckily I am now back fighting fit and have a PS4 so definitely up for a few games with the boardsies.

The UFC now have insurance for all the fighters. Send in your hospital bills and see what he says. :D

Axwell wrote: »

Those games were some serious craic! We should definitely start a Boards thing when the game is out!

• Advertisement

The latest video is very fast. Here are a load of GIF's that really show the detail put in. Looks spectacular!

iEVY3lS3V4nop.gif

i7WlRakSqLz6B.gif

ibnVeI1fEUNmxl.gif

ihtcly1Ip5mOD.gif

ikipPDzl6ouPA.gif

iBtA4suCP9IoZ.gif

ibsp5zshYDCqyD.gif

iukSHKWcd2Sbv.gif

STOP! STOOOPP....HE'S ALREADY DEAD :D
    i97bKcgJN6uj7.gif

iUXrDfR4Fzq57.gif

iRqvFR4vyFRaT.gif

icq7tEaiIPN6j.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Those gifs look savage. Was going to hold off buying next gen console for a while. But the excitement of this game is going to change that for me I think. Now only thing to decide is ps4 or xbox one.

Ok, looks like Xtravision have secured the Bruce Lee preorder bonus plus Ultimate Knockouts 9 dvd when you preorder. 65 quid.

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/ufc-40.html

Middleeasy.com have a new interview with head dev Brian Hayes.

http://middleeasy.com/gaming/item/13192-we-talk-to-ea-ufc-director-brian-hayes-about-ea-ufc-duh-and-what-we-can-expect-out-of-the-game

Apparently the fight clock has been slightly sped up but can be changed in the options. (Bizarre it's not 5 min rounds by default!)

Also, Online Tournaments confirmed so will definitely get a Boards tourney going.

Sounds like the devs are really trying to find a balance between arcade and sim. They admit they want the biggest audience to enjoy the game. Really dunno what to think about that until we see some gameplay (a full round even) but will have to wait and see. 2 months to go!

Also, no more Fighter Share :(

• Advertisement

Royce Gracie can be unlocked by beating career mode or straight away if you preorder from gamestop I think.

ufc-royce-gracie.jpg

Any idea of when the demo will be available for download?

John_D80 wrote: »
    Any idea of when the demo will be available for download?

I'd say around 1 week from release.

I'd say around 1 week from release.

Cheers mate, but do we even have a reliable release date yet? I've tried Gamestop a few times and I've had dates ranging from early may to late july.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Cheers mate, but do we even have a reliable release date yet? I've tried Gamestop a few times and I've had dates ranging from early may to late july.

It's being released on June 17th

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/7/5590056/ea-sports-ufc-release-date-announced

Xtravision Will have the bruce lee preorder and it looks like gamestop has the royce gracie preorder but not confirmed yet. Both can be unlocked through the game without the preorders anyway.

10010617_668089659895560_3418539677344698048_o.jpg
    eas-ufc-michael-bisping-01.jpg
    eas-ufc-michael-bisping-02.jpg
    eas-ufc-liz-carmouche.jpg
    eas-ufc-khabib-nurmagomedov.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just got an email from Gamestop saying to preorder EA UFC to get Royce Gracie and Bruce Lee unlocks.

Goldie put this up on his twitter, model has some detail for a commentator. Also, 2 different suits, nice little detail.

aCE9fGa.jpg

Jdgwa0C.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement