Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 Season Ticket

• 29-09-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

The season ticket will be up for renewal on Wednesday the 1st of October. There is a €10 increase angry.gif on renewals this year, up from €75 to €85 for adults with the Juvenile season ticket remaining at €10 (we think).

2014 season ticket info here; http://mayoclub51.com/croke-park-season-ticket/

E-mail sent to season ticket holders this morning;

A Chara,

The 2014 Championship has come to a close. The Provincial Championship draws will soon take place and the League fixtures are being finalised so it is time to renew your Season Ticket(s) for 2015.

Enjoy another year of great value with the GAA Season Ticket.The early bird price of €85 is available until 31st October and no later! The price will then increase to €95 so make sure to renew ASAP.

The Club + price has not been confirmed by your County just yet but you will be able to upgrade via your on-line account at a later stage. So get in before October 31st to avail of the early bird price!

Enjoy another year of great value with the GAA Season Ticket.

Your season tickets includes the following:

Allianz League matches in the selected code including any semi-finals, finals or relegation play-offs.
    AIB GAA Club Championship Finals on St. Patrick’s Day in Croke Park.
    AIB GAA Club Junior and Intermediate All-Ireland Finals in selected code
    Opening Championship Fixture for your County
    Further special offers for various GAA fixtures.

To renew now click here

RENEWAL INSTRUCTIONS:

Click on the Product
    Tick the ‘Select’ box beside the Season Ticket(s) you wish to renew and click ‘Renew Selected’.
    Select the payment card or add a new one and complete the job.
    It’s simple!

A couple of items to note:

If you had a Club+ in 2014 you will be prompted to renew the regular Season Ticket and you will be able to upgrade to Club+ once your County has finalised the price.
    If a juvenile from 2014 is no longer a juvenile (i.e. under 16 on 1st January 2014) then the renewal will default as an adult Season Ticket for 2015.
    Additional Tickets will be available to purchase from Wednesday October 1st, subject to availability.

Le meas

GAA Ticket Office

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

It seems that there will be no new Mayo or Dublin season tickets on sale this year, all sold out. Open to renewals only. From the season ticket site;

2015seasonticketrenewal_zps3decd9bd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I just had a look through the terms and conditions for next years season ticket. From my reading of it you cannot give your ticket to someone else to use? Point number 56 states that you can be asked for ID when your ticket is being scanned, am I reading this right?

Link to T&c here; http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/tickets/GAASeasonTicket2015_Terms&Conditions.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭LilNiall

Correct "mayo.mick;92405887"]I just had a look through the terms and conditions for next years season ticket. From my reading of it you cannot give your ticket to someone else to use? Point number 56 states that you can be asked for ID when your ticket is being scanned, am I reading this right?

Link to T&c here; http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/tickets/GAASeasonTicket2015_Terms&Conditions.pdf[/quote]

Correct and no €5 off non finals either. Not much appeal to renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 metron

Says here the €5 discount still applies:

gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/price-and-payment/

metron wrote: »
    Says here the €5 discount still applies:

gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/price-and-payment/

According to the T&C's there is no mention of the €5 discount for the pay and play. Checked back on the 2014 and 2013 T&C's and there was no mention in them either, so maybe it still applies this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

It seems that there will be no new Mayo or Dublin season tickets on sale this year, all sold out. Open to renewals only. From the season ticket site;

2015seasonticketrenewal_zps3decd9bd.jpg

I would think that the Dublin and Mayo new ticket option will be available once current holders decide if they will renew or not. Judging by comments here and from others I know who have cards there should be spaces freed up for new holders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

statto25 wrote: »
    I would think that the Dublin and Mayo new ticket option will be available once current holders decide if they will renew or not. Judging by comments here and from others I know who have cards there should be spaces freed up for new holders.
    It would be quite ironic should the GAA not offer cheap online tickets next year, meaning those who cancel the season ticket end up both out of pocket and no entitlement to a "shíte" all Ireland ticket ( which still is better than a great number of seats in the stadium)

E-mails to renew the 2015 season ticket are out this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

165 for us Dubs again this year. 85 quid for other counties...... ffs

What do ye get extra for the €165, club match's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

165 for us Dubs again this year. 85 quid for other counties...... ffs

The 165 is Dublin Co. Board scheme rather than the GAA.

A season ticket from the GAA is the same price for all.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    What do ye get extra for the €165, club match's?
    ye get all your matches at home, thats what.

(aside from the fact that its a different ticket anyhow)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Got this classic from the ticket offiice

"Thanks for your email.

Seating in season ticket sections are allocated ion a random basis n the interest of fairness to all season ticket holders, the cost of league fixtures went up last season but weas not incorporated into the price of the season ticket. The price reflects the increase this year.

Kind regards"

When did the cost of league fixtures go up?

When I was in school changing the price from 15 to 10 is not an increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

adrian522 wrote: »
    Got this classic from the ticket offiice

"Thanks for your email.

Seating in season ticket sections are allocated ion a random basis n the interest of fairness to all season ticket holders, the cost of league fixtures went up last season but weas not incorporated into the price of the season ticket. The price reflects the increase this year.

Kind regards"

When did the cost of league fixtures go up?

When I was in school changing the price from 15 to 10 is not an increase.

That's some madness, league tickets went 3 euro last year alone!
    Random seating is nonsense, I see the same regular heads around me every time when seating is allocated.

Renewed my season tickets this morning, fecking annoyed with the €10 increase in price this year. So much for "rewarding loyalty" :mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Renewed my season tickets this morning, fecking annoyed with the €10 increase in price this year. So much for "rewarding loyalty" :mad:

Looks like the other 2 lads who have had the season tickets since day 1 are not going to renew now, as they are both pensioners and lads in their 70's the journey to Cork, Kerry and Derry would be too much and if they don't make them and get their tickets scanned then the will not hit the required %.
    Along with the standard of ticket we got for the Connacht final, Hyde Park and Limerick games this was too much.

Not a great year for the GAA in my own opinion. Money is now their game and the fans are only secondary.

The Mayo season ticket is sold out for Mayo, only open to renewals. Anyone that doesn't renew their tickets will go up for general sale on the 1st of November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The Mayo season ticket is sold out for Mayo, only open to renewals. Anyone that doesn't renew their tickets will go up for general sale on the 1st of November.

Same for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

I was thinking of buying one this year, not sure what the full rules are of them though. I've heard that you need to go to 80% of the matches to be entitled to an All Ireland ticket when the time comes around? Is this true?
    Also if I were to buy one and am unable to go to a match, could my mother use my season ticket to attend the match instead?

laneykin wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying one this year, not sure what the full rules are of them though. I've heard that you need to go to 80% of the matches to be entitled to an All Ireland ticket when the time comes around? Is this true?
    Also if I were to buy one and am unable to go to a match, could my mother use my season ticket to attend the match instead?
    if you read the full rules (posted earlier) then it would be clear what the full rules are.

• Advertisement

Mayo and Dublin season tickets are not open for sale, only renewals. If you cannot attend a match you can give your ticket to someone to use. The guys over on club 51 have a good guide, http://mayoclub51.com/croke-park-season-ticket/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody know if the kerry one is sold out?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mayo and Dublin season tickets are not open for sale, only renewals. If you cannot attend a match you can give your ticket to someone to use. The guys over on club 51 have a good guide, http://mayoclub51.com/croke-park-season-ticket/

I thought that was blocked now this year as you needed to produce an ID?

anybody know if the kerry one is sold out?

Only Mayo and Dublin are unavailable for general sale and are renewal only.

Anyone who doesn't renew their Mayo or Dublin tickets will have their tickets put up for general sale.

---

Wrote an article on the Season ticket over on krank.ie
    http://www.krank.ie/category/lifestyle/spo/gaa-season-tickets-wheres-loyalty/

yop wrote: »
    I thought that was blocked now this year as you needed to produce an ID?

There seems to be some confusion between their T&C's this year and last year (I checked both) and what they say on the season ticket site. The t&c's say they can ask for ID at the season ticket style but on the site it says you can transfere the ticket to someone else, at the bottom of the page in this link;

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/the-opt-out/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

There seems to be some confusion between their T&C's this year and last year (I checked both) and what they say on the season ticket site. The t&c's say they can ask for ID at the season ticket style but on the site it says you can transfere the ticket to someone else, at the bottom of the page in this link;

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/the-opt-out/
    not a chance they will ask for id
    they barely have time to scan the tickets!

km79 wrote: »
    not a chance they will ask for id
    they barely have time to scan the tickets!

After all the agro with scanning tickets this year (in Mayo anyway), it'd be more in their line to learn how to use the scanners than asking for ID at the turnstiles!

Does anyone have any idea how many season tickets were sold per county or what the cap is on Dublin and Mayo? I know the first year they were capped at 250 per county and was increased to 500 in 2010.

I just renewed and your post landed in my email as an update to this thread at the same time. Weird.

Last I ever heard that the max amount was 2500 per county. But I have no idea how accurate that was. I think that that was in a previous years ST thread.

EDIT: I can't find the thread. All I remember from the thread was the fact that Dublin, Tyrone and Mayo were the only counties to sell their Football allocation.

• Advertisement

I just renewed and your post landed in my email as an update to this thread at the same time. Weird.

Last I ever heard that the max amount was 2500 per county. But I have no idea how accurate that was. I think that that was in a previous years ST thread.

EDIT: I can't find the thread. All I remember from the thread was the fact that Dublin, Tyrone and Mayo were the only counties to sell their Football allocation.

There was a thread a few years ago (I think here) with a breakdown on all the counties and the number of season tickets sold. I can't find it though.

There was a thread a few years ago (I think here) with a breakdown on all the counties and the number of season tickets sold. I can't find it though.

Yup, that's the one I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

laneykin wrote: »

From http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/the-opt-out/
    Does this now mean my GAA Season Ticket is non-transferable?
    No! You can of course pass on your GAA Season Ticket to a friend or family member to use if you cannot attend.

It actually comes to 88 euro when they charge postage, not great value for newbies at almost a ton.

Heads up for anyone with season tickets and a vodafone.ie e-mail address. Vodafone are discontinuing their e-mail service from the 18th October. If you use a vodafone.ie address for your season ticket account (as I do), you will need to change it as you won't get any updates after the 18th!

I got my reply from the GAA. Funny thing was that I got it almost as soon as I had renewed:

As per this post...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92437212&postcount=699
    ---

Anyway:

My mail sent on October 1st:

Good evening,

Can the GAA explain why the Season Ticket has risen in price for 2015 when the League tickets were reduced in 2014 thus seemingly removing the main savings available to Season Ticket holders.

If the ticket process for the League continue to remain at 2014 levels the advantage is practically lost in having the Season Ticket.

Access to All-Ireland tickets, whilst a welcome advantage is a relatively slim need for most counties, eg. how can a Carlow football supporter justify paying for a Season Ticket at all when realistically they will have League matches and a Leinster Championship game and a seemingly inevitable qualifier match as the grand total of their season.

Can the League ticket prices be confirmed at this stage so that people who want to renew can do so with all the information to hand?

Another issue which has continued to be an issue for the 2014 season was how season ticket holders were seemingly moved en masse for finals and SFs as well as replays for less regular and single ticket holders.

In Croke Park the Season ticket area was generally 305/6/7 and yet for the All-Ireland final many ST holders were shoved around the stadium. This was especially galling for hurling ST holders who then had to face the fact that tickets went on general sale TWICE!

Regards,

BonnieSituation

GAA Response received 7th October:

Hi BonnieSituation,

Thanks for your email.

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you, it has been extremely busy here for the past week.

The prices of fixtures actually increase last season but this increase was not factored into the price for 2014 season ticket, it has been for the coming season.

The reduction last season was a pre-purchase advance rate only meaning tickets went back up to full price prior to the fixture.

As outlined in the terms and conditions of the season ticket:

e
    Due to the significantly increased demand for the All Ireland Finals, the seats allocated to qualifying Season Ticket holders for the finals will not be located in the same section as seats allocated for prior championship games at Croke Park.
    Tickets are not guaranteed for any particular section but the ticket office will endeavour to allocate the best seats available, where possible.

Any season ticket holder who makes contact for All Ireland Final tickets whose team may have not qualified or they fell under the percentage level to qualify are advised to contact their clubs or county boards. The tickets that went on sale, were tickets that came back prior to the Finals.

We do not guarantee seating in specific sections as we are not in a position to do so. There are multiple stakeholders that have to be accommodated in the lower Cusack Stand such as the competing County Boards which ultimately distribute tickets to clubs and then the club members, 10 Year Term ticket holders (over 4,000 seats) plus GAA Season Ticket Holders (over 2,500 involved in this year's Hurling final hence the spread.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards
    Liz

• Advertisement

The prices of fixtures actually increase last season but this increase was not factored into the price for 2014 season ticket, it has been for the coming season.

Why do they keep trotting out this line when the price of pre purchased tickets went down which is essentially what we are???

Why do they keep trotting out this line when the price of pre purchased tickets went down which is essentially what we are???

I honestly have no idea.

I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Heads up for anyone with season tickets and a vodafone.ie e-mail address. Vodafone are discontinuing their e-mail service from the 18th October. If you use a vodafone.ie address for your season ticket account (as I do), you will need to change it as you won't get any updates after the 18th!

Is there anyone else here using a vodafone.ie address that needs to change it? I've being trying for the last 2 weeks to change mine but still no success. No more notifications after next Saturday :mad:

Is there anyone else here using a vodafone.ie address that needs to change it? I've being trying for the last 2 weeks to change mine but still no success. No more notifications after next Saturday :mad:

What do you mean change it? As in on the season ticket website?

What do you mean change it? As in on the season ticket website?

Change the primary e-mail address on my account. I can't change it (vodafone.ie will be non existent this Saturday) Even when renewing my season tickets I did not have tthe option to edit the address. Have been on to the season ticket office for the last 2 weeks explaining the problem, they said they would change it no problem, but still nothing has happened. Due to their data protection rules they will only communicate with the e-mail on the account, which means I'm f**ked after Saturday 00.01 :eek:

• Advertisement

Change the primary e-mail address on my account. I can't change it (vodafone.ie will be non existent this Saturday) Even when renewing my season tickets I did not have tthe option to edit the address. Have been on to the season ticket office for the last 2 weeks explaining the problem, they said they would change it no problem, but still nothing has happened. Due to their data protection rules they will only communicate with the e-mail on the account, which means I'm f**ked after Saturday 00.01 :eek:

I'm gonna be online in a few minutes. Let me look at my account.

Finally got a chance to look at my account. I can't believe there is no option to change your email address on it. It's kind of bizarre frankly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

lads does anyone know if it possible go renew tickets in person ? in Dorset street or even croke park?

lads does anyone know if it possible go renew tickets in person ? in Dorset street or even croke park?

No. It's not. Everything is done online.

Finally got a chance to look at my account. I can't believe there is no option to change your email address on it. It's kind of bizarre frankly.

Finally they changed the e-mail address on my account today. Thankfully left the password the same!

Reminder to anyone using a vodafone.ie e-mail address for your season tickets account. From midnight this Friday, ALL vodafone.ie e-mail address' will cease to exist! You will not receive any notifications or any updates unless you change your primary e-mail address on your season ticket account. Vodafone will not be forwarding any e-mails either!

E-mail seasonticket@gaa.ie to change your e-mail address before Friday. Remember to use your new e-mail address when logging into your season ticket account (should be your same password)

Reminder for anyone yet to renew their season tickets for 2015. Tomorrow is the last day to avail of the "Early Bird" offer of €85, the price will rise to €95 from Saturday.

http://mayoclub51.com/2015-mayo-season-ticket/

This year Mayo and Dublin season tickets were open to renewals from existing season ticket holders only. If you have not already renewed the cost will increase by €10 on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Any of these coming available for new orders in Mayo? Said it would be 1st Nov

As we said before we had a feeling that they would be capping the season tickets sold. I know for a fact of 1 person with 3 season tickets who still has not renewed them. They got a last chance e-mail this week to renew before the deadline last night. so there should be at least 3 tickets up for sale today. We'll have to wait till Monday to see!

A Chara

You are cordially invited to the official launch of "Cairde Mhaigh Eo 2015"

Venue; An Sportlann, Castlebar Mitchels GAA Club,

Date; Saturday the 8th of November 2014

Time; 7.00pm

Format of the evening

1. Formal welcome to Noel Connelly & Pat Holmes into their new roles

2. The new "Mayo Jersey" will be unveiled

3. New Medical Initiative

4. Sponsorship Extension - Elverys Sports, Pat Rowland

5. Cairde Mhaigh Eo - 2015 "on-line"