Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 189 -Chad Mendes v Conor McGregor

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ireland888

Yes, this is my thread. You're welcome.

On what planet is Mendes a novice striker? To get back to stats, 50% of his wins have been by KO/TKO. So how It's a fact that he's a novice striker is truly beyond me. 17-2 in MMA doesn't mean much? news to me, go tell Conor that.

I'm an amateur so you're referring to yourself as what? a pro? not a tad pretentious no? I'm far from a bandwagon fan, If that were the case I would be loved in here not hated. Sorry you got your knickers in a twist, It's really not that big of a deal.

Conor would agree- fighting amateurs in The UK that are fulltime graphic designers by day is different than fighting a Poirer or Mendes. You do not understand this sport. 50 percent of KOs doesn't mean you are good at striking necessarily, typical fanboy. Let me explain: you look at form, shots from previous fights, experience level, and eye test. Conor is fundamentally a better striker than Chad- that simple. amateur is a vague word- what did you start training at SBG after the Ireland show? It's a long way to the top bud haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

BTW, obviously I don't think I own this thread, I'm sitting in work with absolutely nothing to do, so I'm pretty much replying to EVERYTHING. I can see how that can be annoying, just put me on ignore and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭nerd69

Ireland888 wrote: »
    Conor would agree- fighting amateurs in The UK that are fulltime graphic designers by day is different than fighting a Poirer or Mendes. You do not understand this sport. 50 percent of KOs doesn't mean you are good at striking necessarily, typical fanboy. Let me explain: you look at form, shots from previous fights, experience level, and eye test. Conor is fundamentally a better striker than Chad- that simple. amateur is a vague word- what did you start training at SBG after the Ireland show? It's a long way to the top bud haha

:rolleyes:

Lukker- wrote: »
    It's kind of irrelevant when he doesn't train BJJ. He's the best wrestler in the division and probably has the best grappling too.

I agree he's the best wrestler but Nick and Nate Diaz were always on their back. Getting someone down is 1 thing, but finishing is a completely different thing- that's why I said the exact words: I think Conor's guard will surprise people (if taken down)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Sorry, I need to bow out of this argument before I embarrass myself anymore by stooping to your level...hilarious stuff coming out of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I agree he's the best wrestler but Nick and Nate Diaz were always on their back. Getting someone down is 1 thing, but finishing is a completely different thing- that's why I said the exact words: I think Conor's guard will surprise people (if taken down)

I think it will too. I don't think ground game is gonna come into loads anyways. Connor's take down defence is excellent and if he can control the distance I don't think Mendes will get too close to him.

Sorry, I need to bow out of this argument before I embarrass myself anymore by stooping to your level...hilarious stuff coming out of you.

And never once did you refute a single point with facts. Just sarcasm- have fun at your intro to bjj class later today sweetheart, maybe you can get on the October card...LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Here lads cut out the personal stuff you'll get this thread closed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Locking this till I can have a look through it. Until then, don't drag the same crap into another thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement