Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who are the rubberbandits?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Hooked

Looks like we'll all know soon enough... Tut Tut!

http://twitpic.com/3g9wyg

Heard Ray Darcy talking about the "unmasking" this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭bamboozler

which one is Blind boy and which one is chrome?

Some say,

wikileaks refuses to publish their whereabouts, because rubberbandits have dirt on Assange.

Others, that they are the one thing standing between Limerick, and nuclear war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

(Thirty years ago / In 1980), two ladz was sent to st patricks by a juvenile court for a crime they didn't commit. These boyz promptly escaped from a maximum security unit to the Limerick underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as riders of horses. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them on iTunes, maybe you can buy... The Rubber Bandits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

1980 was 30 years ago :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Havent a clue who the bandits are but the Ard Scoil heads here are killing me.
    Always remember Br Jack Casey on the intercom..

bong bong bong..."ah.."long pause.."this announcement will be made in 5 minutes"...bong bong bong
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Roadend wrote: »
    1980 was 30 years ago :p

Dam you, Im in denial!

Or lack of coffee, take your pic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 nickobrien1986

forget the identity of the Rubberbandits.
    the more important question is who is that RIDE in blue in their video? who is she??? dang shes fine!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Who, Madeline? Her name has been mentioned here a few times already. She's a sound girl, probably doesn't need the Irish Internet community leering over her though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

We're just ordinary blokes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Who, Madeline? Her name has been mentioned here a few times already. She's a sound girl, probably doesn't need the Irish Internet community leering over her though.

Im pretty sure she wants the exposure she does modelling/all that socialite scene
    Using her name might not be a good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I heard that when there is a full moon one of them changes into a greyhound and the other one changes into a horse.

bigpink wrote: »
    Im pretty sure she wants the exposure she does modelling/all that socialite scene
    Using her name might not be a good idea

Her name is all over the internet already. She is a model that would be fairly well known to people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I heard two guy arguing about who they were today one guy was saying they were ducks and beaker, while the other guy was saying it was mickey field and gerry keane, although there is a vicious rumour going around that its dessie and marie. I dunno just what i heard :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

RonMexico wrote: »
    I heard that when there is a full moon one of them changes into a greyhound and the other one changes into a horse.

A greyhound man, get it right!

• Advertisement

Someone said the Daily Mail outed them??

bigpink wrote: »
    Someone said the Daily Mail outed them??

No they got it wrong.

RonMexico wrote: »
    No they got it wrong.

Good:)
    What was printed?

Just a photo. It isn't them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

We're just ordinary blokes.

of an fear rua fame?

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    of an fear rua fame?

Gone from there since the Labour Party insisted on censoring it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

me grandad had a dream he was a meal then he woke up on me Granny's plate . no your arms are not long enough to carry your own coffin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

me grandad had a dream he was a meal then he woke up on me Granny's plate . no your arms are not long enough to carry your own coffin.

Could we have two Limerick mermaids please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭easytiger!

The Indo have named the two boys in tomorrow morning's edition, it was never gonna last I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Gone from there since the Labour Party insisted on censoring it.

I'll tell on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

easytiger! wrote: »
    The Indo have named the two boys in tomorrow morning's edition, it was never gonna last I suppose

That's a pity.

Seems we can put any amount of corruption from FF but any comedians will have their identities revealed in no time.

That's a pity.

Seems we can put any amount of corruption from FF but any comedians will have their identities revealed in no time.

'corruption from FF' Every gob****e in the country uses this lazy line.
    Can you name a political party that has done more for this country in the last 30 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Can you name a political party that has done more for this country in the last 30 years?

lol..every FF gobshíte in this country uses this lazy line..

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    lol..every FF gobshíte in this country uses this lazy line..

And every other gob****e can't name another party!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Hooked

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/jokers-unmasked-as-middleclass-lads-2464672.html

well played lads! Yere so famous, the indo had to track ye down and I, for one, am looking Stephen forward to ye appearing on the late late tonight! Plastic bags or not!

• Advertisement

Hooked wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/jokers-unmasked-as-middleclass-lads-2464672.html

well played lads! Yere so famous, the indo had to track ye down and I, for one, am looking Stephen forward to ye appearing on the late late tonight! Plastic bags or not!
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

There was no need for the Indo to that, everyone around Limerick knew anyway. Piss poor journalism, Bary Duggan just proving what a grade A cunt of the highest degree he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Does it really make a difference if people know who they are? As long as they refuse to do interviews out of character it wont make any difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

With all the corruption in banks and politics and such things in this country the indo decide they will try to wreck the opportunity for two up and coming comedians. Barry Duggan has the cheek to call himself a reporter. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭Tefral

Bad form out of the Independent. What ****e journalism is that. Its not like it was a massive secret or anything.

I suppose in one way it shows the lads were educated (which we all knew) and not scummers like people thought which is a plus.

But thats ****e, like the Limerick Post did an article on them a few years back and kept it secret. Hope the person who "ratted" them out to the paper feels good about themselves.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i cant wait for the bandits next song "Barry Duggan"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Very poor form to do the reveal. Everyone else in Limerick managed to keep their gobs shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

sceptre wrote: »
    Very poor form to do the reveal. Everyone else in Limerick managed to keep their gobs shut.

You can't really expect much more from Duggan though. He's a hack.

It's honestly a mystery to me why anyone would buy the Indo, the sooner the internet kills it off the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

cronin_j wrote: »
    Bad form out of the Independent. What ****e journalism is that. Its not like it was a massive secret or anything.

It's not like their identities are going to mean anything to anyone that doesn't know them. An example of the lazy journalism that Willie was talking about.

Get something else to write about Barry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

Quick question!
    What does the priest say at 0:22 and your man repeats it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Trilla wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

Quick question!
    What does the priest say at 0:22 and your man repeats it?

"that's limerick city"

pronounced - d's'lim'rick'cittaaaayyyy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Take a bow mr duggan, you've out done yourself this time:rolleyes:

What a lazy, selfish and spineless journalist.

Twat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

From Facebook
    MEET THE RUBBERBANDITS ’SEXY’ BRIDESMAID - Model Madeline Mulqueen
    http://www.patrickmchugh.com/madeline/
    Available for bookings at
    http://www.martinacostelloeagency.com/

The Rubberbandits bring their "Thats Limerick City" Christmas Tour
    See dates on http://www.therubberbandits.com/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They'll be on the Late Late in a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Clareman wrote: »
    From Facebook

She actually looks better in the video! [ and that's a kinda scary thing to admit ! ] :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was going to say that I preferred her hair long and that she looked better in the video, but I didn't want to come across as an internet perv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Can you name a political party that has done more fordamage to this country in the last 30 years?

Knew it read wrongly the first time! :D

Wonder why the reporters did a "name & shame" on the RBs and didn't do likewise on the various Golden Circles and real-life high-level scumbags ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks like the boys have missed out on the No 1 spot this week anyway:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1217/cardlem.html

bazz26 wrote: »
    Looks like the boys have missed out on the No 1 spot this week anyway:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1217/cardlem.html
    They are going for the Christmas no. 1, sales from Friday on only count, I got the song 15 times from itunes today (thank you o2 treats :))

• Advertisement
Advertisement