Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 avat76

vektarman wrote: »
    A white kitten has turned up on our doorstep in Celbridge, I'd say it's about 6 months old. Do kittens tend to stray far because I'm going to do a leaflet drop in our estate in the morning, any other suggestions welcome.

Our white cat has been missing since Christmas. We live near Adamstown. It is 10 months old, small size with a silver patch on its head. It is micro-chipped.
    Do you think that it could be our cat? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 onthemove

bubbles was taken from outside our house on the 12th of jan we really miss her and want her to come home she is from wicklow (newtownmountkennedy)and she has a wire in her jaw from a car accident that needs to come out she needs antibiotics to prevent infections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

FOUND :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

oldyouth wrote: »
    What looks like a smaller version of a black labrador has taken up residence at my house. It is very scared and has settled in a corner of the decking and is fairly calm when in there. It hasn't really budged all day but it is not hurt because it did run in to the garden when I approched it first

It has a collar and dog tag (shaped like a bone) but I can't get near it to have a look because it growls and barks when I approach it. It has eaten the food that I have put out for it and appears to have settled down for the night. I'll ring the dog shelter in the morning if it is still there but if anyone knows who owns it I would be grateful

Barntown Wexford area
    Pleased to advise that dog and owner are happily reunited. I had to get the dog warden who tranquilised the dog as he was still agressive through fear. A phone number was on the tag and the warden brought him home. I believe he was a different dog altogether when he saw his family again.

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Small black dog wondering around crann nua,portarlington opened door at 10 the other night and he ran straight into house and curled up on floor,it looks like cairn/westie sort of breed has since got out from us but is still wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Was out with the kids walking my dog when we where followed home by a stray dog, he's about 1 year old, very friendly little thing, but I can't look after him.. What will i do, he's got a collar but no tag.

Also it looks like he's been out for a while now as he really smells and is filthy, will I take him in for the night and bring him to sharpeshill tomorrow ? whats their policy for taking strays.

I dont want to take him as I've a young baby in my house and a dog already, but he's totally lost, and I'd be worried about him being knocked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

How did you get on last night?
    If he's still with you, call one of the rescues and put up notices locally saying he's been found.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

you could also take him to a vet who will check for a chip free of charge,,,hope you can get him sorted the poor sod:(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/
    This is a new site that recently kicked off. I think it gives pretty good exposure. Worth throwing a pic of the dog on there and on here?
    It connects to Facebook - so would help spread the word.

Hope he gets sorted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Cheers folks, put him in the back yard last night and fed him some food, he slept the night in the dogs house. Anyway guess what, got talking to the postman who was delivering this mornin and he heard that someone was missing him and dropped him back to the owners (kids etc)

Happy ending..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Hi there,

Is gone since last saturday the 23rd.
    Medium sized black cat, 1 year old, with a white spot on the belly and another white heart shaped spot on the chest, he also has a scar on the front left leg forearm.
    He is very shy and and can be very scared of people.
    Missing in the are of Wellpark shopping center, Sailin, Wellpark.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

FOUND: Small Yorkie, Oranhill area of Oranmore, Co. Galway.
    very friendly, PM me this is your dog, thanks.

Edit: reunited with owners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Found this fella before Christmas and reunited him with his elderly owner. Unfortunately I ran into the owner yesterday and the dog has gone missing again, either ran away or was stolen about 3 weeks ago. Has anyone seen him? About 4 years old, answers to "Lucky", Cork city area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Found long haired kitten in Rathfarnham on wednesday 27th jan, very placid, and litter trained. Am bringing her to the local vet tomorrow to check for chip, sadly cant keep her as our cat wants to eat her and kill us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

flannry wrote: »
    Missing Rottweiler x Black Lab.

"Bear" went missing (presumed stolen) from our farm last Tuesday (29th). She's a one-year-old bitch, neutered & microchipped & was wearing a collar with our number on it.

We're heartbroken as she's one of the family and we're lost without her.

We've spoken to neighbours, pounds & dog wardens, the gardai, put an advert on local radio, local paper, put up 100 posters in local shops, pubs & businesses - but no sign. It's as if she just vanished.

Any help anyone can give in finding our special girl would be great. Thanks :(

Hi, there is a dog on the dogs in distress website that looks like bear.
    Here is a link to it: http://dogsindistress.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4863

Hope I don't get your hopes up but I thought it was worth mentioning.
    Best of luck in finding her.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭almae

I took this dog in at Athlumney wood ,Navan , as I was afraid he was going to get hit by a car, he was running in front of cars etc.
    Its a male westie approx 2-3 yrs could be younger , great condition , I say he got out on someone. He has a red and silver collar on him.

bringing him to the vets tomorrow to see if he is microchipped

2314883910102916097S425x425Q85.jpg

REUNITED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 !CHANTEL!

Hi im a volunteer for Clondalkin Animal Aid and the other day a very small (miniature) female jack russell terrier was brought in. Shes currently staying in my house until owner is located.

She is about 5years old, fully white with a brown spot on her tail (which is docked). She was already neutered by her owners.

She has a pink coller with metel bone design on it. I believe she was found on the Naas road.

If anyone knows who might own this dog or would maybe want to adopt please contact Clondalkin Animal Aid.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Well fed looking golden labrador causing mayhem on the Naas Road at Citywest bridge at 11.00 this morning if anyone you know is missing one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

She has a white right paw / leg and is very friendly. She has a collar but no tags that I can see. I had to leave her outside the block and have no idea who to call or what to do with her.
    If she is someones dog that you know let me know or if you have any ideas on what to do with her please do tell me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lolabug

Asok wrote: »
    She has a white right paw / leg and is very friendly. She has a collar but no tags that I can see. I had to leave her outside the block and have no idea who to call or what to do with her.
    If she is someones dog that you know let me know or if you have any ideas on what to do with her please do tell me!

If she's wearing a collar and looks well fed/looked after then hopefully she has just wandered a bit too far from home and will make her own way back.
    Give your local animal shelter a call (DSPCA or another shelter. I'm not sure who would be your nearest) and let them know where she is and that you can't take her in. Often people will ring a shelter if their pet goes missing so hopefully they'll be able to help you out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 westgirl2009

Cat lost in city west area since Saturday,
    Please see link below

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/7fsxw5

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Is anyone in the area missing a ginger tom, please?

A cat got in through the kitchen window ( carelessly left open) and feasted on defrosting chicken.

Then our wee dog flushed it out of the shed; a ginger tom which we have never seen before. Our usual rampant feral is black and white... from the stink in the shed definitely a tom.

May well have been dumped of course; I need a humane trap anyways so would be grateful if anyone nearby has one I can borrow?

pm me please?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Hi all, I found a young tan coloured fox terrier type dog on tuesday afternoon in Citywest. She's about 9 months old and really friendly, very good with kids and other dogs. I've put up flyers in the area but no luck so far. I'm hoping someone on boards will know someone who's lost her. She's well looked after so someone out there is missing her. I'd love to reunite her with her owner but I'm going to have to bring her to the DSPCA tomorrow as I can't keep her over the weekend. a pup 001.JPG heres a photo of her, hopefully someone will recognise her.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Found the following cat in the Clonsilla area, D15.

4331768025_1579e9de08.jpg

It's very friendly and doesn't seem to want to go home, wherever home may be.

If it's yours or you know who it may belong to, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

robinscourt1.jpgrobinscourt4.th.jpg robinscourt5.jpg
    This very friendly female cat was found in Cork City near the Doughcloyne Inn but could have come from Wilton/Sarsfield Road/Togher or elsewhere. She is white underneath except she has a little patch under her front leg which is shown in picture 3.
    She must be someones pet as she is very well fed and in great condition.
    Please pm me if you think she is your cat.

Apologies for the differing sizes in pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Roscrea SPCA

FOUND

A male King Charles was handed into Roscrea SPCA 6th February, he was found wondering in Cashel aprox two weeks before. This dog is microchipped but the chip has not been registered. Proof of ownership will be required.

Please contact Teresa from Roscrea SPCA www.roscreaspca.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cottage Rescue

nanukie.jpg

MISTY is an 8 month old Spayed Brindle Female Lurcher

She was stolen last night around 8.30pm on 6th February 2010 from the Rosegreen Road (just out side Cashel) Co Tipperary.

She is Microchipped and registered to Cottage Rescue and she is also Spayed.

She was only out to have a run around in a very secure garden with 6ft chain link fencing which was cut and knocked.

Garda are notified and have been to owners house.

Please keep an eye out for Misty as Carrie and her family are broken hearted.

There is a cash reward for her.

Please contact Hannah: 087 970 1919 if you know of her where abouts and leave a message if I cannot answer phone

or you can ring Cashel Garda Station on 062 62866

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Young bitch found wandering in traffic. Not chipped and slight skin complaint (was seen and treated by City Vet Limerick). If you think she may be yours then plase contact me here or via webmasterATegarDOTorg.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭shnethb

Hi, My cat (black with white spot on his chest) went on an adventure today and never came home, We have just started letting him out so we think he has got lost, We are in the Loughrea town area, Any help would be really appericated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Female cairn terrier with a red collar. She's black with a grey/white face and she's old. She's small. She's def aswell. Lost in the Artane/Harmonstown area. Any information would be great.

Advertisement