Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

star-pants wrote: »
    Any chance of getting to a vets to see if she is microchipped?
    Also putting up posters in local shops etc might help if her owners are looking for her.

Local shop - done.

Vet on Saturday evening, probably not. Good suggestion - I doubt it somehow but I'll try anything to get her sorted.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Spanglished

Our much loved 2 year old female black lab gone missing this afternoon (1st Jan) from Doughiska/Merlin Park area of Galway city.

She is wearing a pink collar with rainbow coloured bone-shaped ID tag with our details. She also has a yellow "microchip" tag (as in photo).
    She is neutered and chipped.

We've spent the entire afternoon searching for herfrown.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

She's back home now:)
    Thanks for all the help from all the Boardsies:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye sorry I meant if you knew of a local one that might be open tomorrow or might have emergency hours. My vet opens til 8pm usually.
    Or if there's a local shelter they might have a scanner?

If there's any other local shops or places you could stick up a poster do. And even let any local vets know (if you can get a hold of any/leave a message) incase the owners try ringing vets to see if they've heard of anything. Maybe even a call to the local garda station? (just trying to think of places I'd call if I lost one of my dogs)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

She's been found!
    She made her own way back, 14 years old and off on a 3 day adventure, what a trooper :)

babo9 wrote: »
    Lost in the Pinecroft, Grange area of Cork
    Goldie has been lost since New Year's Eve, she never wanders far from the house, fireworks most likly spooked her. Very worried as she is quite old (14), she is still quite mobile and healthy but gets daily medication and at that age being out in the severe cold is not good.

She has a tag with her name and a phone number. Please contact that number or pm me/post here with any info.

dsc00092600.jpg

dsc01685600.jpg

dsc01686600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

A white kitten has turned up on our doorstep in Celbridge, I'd say it's about 6 months old. Do kittens tend to stray far because I'm going to do a leaflet drop in our estate in the morning, any other suggestions welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 javajoe

vektarman wrote: »
    A white kitten has turned up on our doorstep in Celbridge, I'd say it's about 6 months old. Do kittens tend to stray far because I'm going to do a leaflet drop in our estate in the morning, any other suggestions welcome.

Found.ie creates the Found poster for you - pretty cool.
    Hope u find the owner
    JJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 flannry

Missing Rottweiler x Black Lab.

"Bear" went missing (presumed stolen) from our farm last Tuesday (29th). She's a one-year-old bitch, neutered & microchipped & was wearing a collar with our number on it.

We're heartbroken as she's one of the family and we're lost without her.

We've spoken to neighbours, pounds & dog wardens, the gardai, put an advert on local radio, local paper, put up 100 posters in local shops, pubs & businesses - but no sign. It's as if she just vanished.

Any help anyone can give in finding our special girl would be great. Thanks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

flannry wrote: »
    Missing Rottweiler x Black Lab.

"Bear" went missing (presumed stolen) from our farm last Tuesday (29th). She's a one-year-old bitch, neutered & microchipped & was wearing a collar with our number on it.

We're heartbroken as she's one of the family and we're lost without her.

We've spoken to neighbours, pounds & dog wardens, the gardai, put an advert on local radio, local paper, put up 100 posters in local shops, pubs & businesses - but no sign. It's as if she just vanished.

Any help anyone can give in finding our special girl would be great. Thanks :(

whereabouts are you - Cork, Dublin - have you gone into the local pounds (don't just call them please go look for youself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarah loco

Hi, my grey cat by the name of Sasha has been missing in Monaghan town since christmas night, can people keep a look out for him, im very worried bout her out in this cold weather!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

SusanMcN wrote: »
    Hi,

Our dog ran off in Merlin Woods on Monday 21st Dec. She was seen following two young boys in the direction of the estate at the back of Merlin Woods near the Castle and was seen by people in that estate also on Monday evening. She is all black with white chest, paws and nose and she is a springer/terrier cross that looks similar to a small labrador. She is 6 months old and very friendly and excitable. If anyone sees her or knows where she is can they please pm

Reward offered for her safe return.

Hi Susan, have been thinking about you and your dog. Any update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I cant believe how a couple of hours can change your life... My OH went down home for a couple of days and brought Leo. He let him into the back yard to run around, something he has done numerous times and its a high walled garden and he has simply disappeared... He has been searching for 2.5 hours and I am so worried. Leo has kennel cough and is used to sleeping in our room and not outside in -8 degrees.... He didnt have a collar on but is chipped...

How do you cope with this? I am frantic but 3 hours away from it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Sarah

Post a pic of the dog if possible so people can keep an eye out also the location

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Windwalker

I'm so sorry. Was just about to say the same as Psygnosis, my oh helped another bordsie find his little dog so here's hoping someone can help you.
    Good luck, let us know what happens.

Got him. He had managed to get up on the roof somehow and walked down 2 house and fell about 15 feet into the garden. He hadnt responded to his calls earlier but is fine now with no broken bones. Thank God and thank for your good wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

There is a dog at my work place, been here since 9am and is just wandering up and down the road following people. has already nearly been hit by a bus. I cant leave work, will do at lunch and bring him home til I can figure out what to do. have emailed Galway Bay FM and I102-104 to ask them to announce. what else can I do? the stupid people I work with wont let him inside, keep closing the door on him. he is very friendly, seems to be black & while sheepdog cross. I thought he was a young dog maybe 1.5/2 years but other girl said "hes old he'll find his own way home" :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Ring the GSPCA and Madra and ask if they can take him in. Madra usually take dogs, but they might have transport problems at the moment, as they're out in Connemara and I hate to think what the roads are like...

Oh, and bring him to the vets to be scanned first if you can manage it, they'll do it for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I had no problem doing any of that but couldnt leave work and now hes gone. was going to bring him to vets at lunch and keep him at home til he got sorted. its too cold out there for a dog. will have a look for him at lunch. if anyone spots him please let me know. last I seen him was GFSC on Moneenageishe Rd, Galway, near The Huntsman/Eye Cinema.

UPDATE: no luck yet - if you find/see the dog you can post here or in the Galway Forum here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Please try and keep unneccessary chatter out of this thread as it makes it harder for other people to skim for their potential lost pet
    As this issue is being discussed in another forum, I'm going to trim some of the posts here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 quinny08

hi everyone my dog has been missing since yesterday roughly about 4pm... he is a small black and white jack russell.. he answers to the name of scooby he is greatly missed and we would be delighted to see him return home as he is not use to being outdoors n alone... contact me in pm i if u see him thank you

Where did he go missing from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Hi, he's my parent's dog and I think he sensed the thunder a few hours before it clapped on Wednesday and worked a hole in the fence. Possibly between 11a.m. and 1 p.m. He normally heads for Clondalkin/Tallaght but he hasn't escaped for two years.

He's largish and shaggy with quite a few dreads on his belly and legs. He has white patches on a couple of paws and on his breast. He's neutered and 7 years old, may answer to name "Red"/"Redser"/"Rhett". We can't remember whether the home number is on his collar (tan coloured?) but he's not chipped.

I'll see if I can get a picture of him scanned in later.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

FOUND :)

2w4a3pg.jpg

1o9n6a.jpg

Edited:Good News.

Boo turn up this morning (9th Jan) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Found Loughattorick (Galway/Clare border in the middle of nowhere).

Emaciated GWH Pointer bitch who has since passed away at my vets :(. She was on the road for a long time by the looks of her. She is chipped but chip has not been reg'd so I am now tracing the vet who implanted it.

She was with a male spaniel, baling twine around his neck :(, not chipped and in way better condition. He is currently in one of my fosterhomes.

If you have any information re one or both dog please contact me.

They are not local dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭GinaH

there is a lady in Kilmainham who has found a budgie. Please contact PAWS if anyone has lost same.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭darrenon

hi all
    my labrador jumped the back wall nearly a week ago and has been missing since.
    it was the little bray area
    she is black,
    very friendly,
    no collar,
    very upsetting for my 3 year old,
    so if anyone can help it would be great thanks:(:(

I am sure you checked Ashton pound but they have lost the contract for Dunlaoire so no harm to contact Dunboyne 01 8026676. Is your dog chipped ? Also try Wicklow 0404 44873

Hi, he's my parent's dog and I think he sensed the thunder a few hours before it clapped on Wednesday and worked a hole in the fence. Possibly between 11a.m. and 1 p.m. He normally heads for Clondalkin/Tallaght but he hasn't escaped for two years.

He's largish and shaggy with quite a few dreads on his belly and legs. He has white patches on a couple of paws and on his breast. He's neutered and 7 years old, may answer to name "Red"/"Redser"/"Rhett". We can't remember whether the home number is on his collar (tan coloured?) but he's not chipped.

I'll see if I can get a picture of him scanned in later.

Cheers.

Here ya go

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=73826&hl=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hilary1

Dog lost 09th Jan 2010
    Female / Medium Size / Golden Colour
    If found please contact me

• Registered Users Posts: 45 theelous3

Found this dog 3 days ago around tesco on prussia st. / manor st. Dublin 7.
    Young, I think it's female, has collar, very friendly and house trained.

noodles.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

FOUND: male, 12 month old, marmalade cat in Ballyowen Community Centre, Lucan.
    No collar, but in good condition, clearly a house cat.

Advertisement