Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Lissavane wrote: »
    Well done to all who complained. It's obvious from their responses that Procter & Gamble UK and Ireland is an arrogant gang of hucksters.

The best course of action now is simply to boycott their overpriced, overrated Gillette shaving products and urge family and friends to do the same. Every little hurts!

I got a reply for the robot Joanne.

If I don't get a serious reply I'll be going to the data protection commissioner

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i got a second reply basically telling me to FO

Seve OB wrote: »
    i got a second reply basically telling me to FO

What did you send?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Lissavane wrote: »
    Well done to all who complained. It's obvious from their responses that Procter & Gamble UK and Ireland is an arrogant gang of hucksters.

The best course of action now is simply to boycott their overpriced, overrated Gillette shaving products and urge family and friends to do the same. Every little hurts!

I've not used their overpriced overrated sh1te for about 2 years now.
    DE Shaving and proper soaps/creams is the way to go. I will be urging family to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I've not used their overpriced overrated sh1te for about 2 years now.
    DE Shaving and proper soaps/creams is the way to go. I will be urging family to do the same.

They are seriously overrated.Not much better than a cheap supermarket brand imo.

Anything that's heavily marketed I've learned to be wary of,it's generally a rip off.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    They are seriously overrated.Not much better than a cheap supermarket brand imo.

Anything that's heavily marketed I've learned to be wary of,it's generally a rip off.

I couldn't give a **** it either way but i just wanna piss them off . if your going to run a promotion at least do it properly and don't collect people data and then don't send them anything. Perhaps they might learn their lesson and do things properly next time.

irishgeo wrote: »
    What did you send?

just the same kinda stuff as everyone else, where is my razor was the jist of it and data mining etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Just got this e-mail from them;

Your opinion matters to us...

Hi,

I’m Justine Howarth and I am Head of Consumer Care at P&G. You recently got in touch with us regarding Gillette and I would really like to hear what you thought of the service you received from my team when you contacted us.

Your feedback will help me understand what we are doing well, and importantly what we can do better. I am here to make sure you get a prompt, quality service, so good or bad your opinion counts.

Please can I ask you to spare a few minutes to fill out the survey in the link below?

Click here to begin the survey

Thank you!

I got the same email with survey....Im not ashamed to say that I enjoyed leaving honest feedback.
    Doubt these are ever read anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I've followed the thread and decided to email the chief executive of P&G
    a Mr. Alan Lafley. (decided to go to the top;))
    I wasn't expecting a reply but today I got a reply today from P&G:

"Hi CH3OH,

Thank you for your email to our CEO, Mr Lafley. He has noted your comments and asked me to respond on his behalf.

I am very sorry to learn that you have yet to receive our promotional Fusion ProGlide razor, and apologise for the disheartenment this has caused.

Unfortunately, we have experienced a delay in fulfilling applications for this promotion. This is due to the overwhelming interest in the free razor; which was five times the amount we had anticipated.

It is a disappointment to us to hear that our consumers, like yourself, have been affected by this.

I can, however, assure you that our fulfilment department are currently in the process of posting the outstanding orders to those who are still waiting.

We can certainly check the status of your order for you, and this is something I would be happy to investigate for you. In order for me to do this, I would need a note of your full address details, so please could you reply to this email.

I look forward to hearing from you again soon.
    Kind regards,

I'll update if i get one!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

But it's all spoof? If they had limits set (be it 1k or 150k, depending on the source of the spoof), then how can the number of people entitled to razors have exceeded the number of razors by 5, never mind 5x?

Now, maybe this is just common sense and it's a mistake to apply that to marketing types but:

1) Decide how many razors will be sent out.
    2) Set up website to collect applications
    3) While number of razors left > 0 : keep taking applications
    4) Close website, promotion over.

They are actually just pathological liars going on the various communications

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

As the idea in the promotion was to get your contact details i.e. data for future mailings I wonder if there is something here for the Data Protection Commissioner re the harvesting of data in a fraudulent manner?

Dear P&G,
    We here at the office of data protection were oh so disappointed to hear you promised loads of razors in exchange for email addresses and other details but only sent on a few. Please would you be so kind as to be a bit nicer in future or we will eventually be forced to issue a nominal slap on the wrist which may result in your marketing department having to miss one round of drinks at the next party.

Yours reluctantly,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

CH3OH wrote: »

"Hi CH3OH,

Thank you for your email to our CEO, Mr Lafley. He has noted your comments and asked me to respond on his behalf.

I am very sorry to learn that you have yet to receive our promotional Fusion ProGlide razor, and apologise for the disheartenment this has caused.

Unfortunately, we have experienced a delay in fulfilling applications for this promotion. This is due to the overwhelming interest in the free razor; which was five times the amount we had anticipated.

It is a disappointment to us to hear that our consumers, like yourself, have been affected by this.

I can, however, assure you that our fulfilment department are currently in the process of posting the outstanding orders to those who are still waiting.

We can certainly check the status of your order for you, and this is something I would be happy to investigate for you. In order for me to do this, I would need a note of your full address details, so please could you reply to this email.

Kind regards,

Give us her email address :)
    Let's make her day!

CH3OH wrote: »

"Hi CH3OH,

Kind regards,

well done

care to share the email address?

I found this through google lafley.ag@pg.com

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

TheTorment wrote: »
    I found this through google lafley.ag@pg.com

'Free razor, yo?' Email sent.

Maybe it does pay to go to the top!!

Just received this

Good afternoon,

We have had a request from customer relations to send out a ProGlide razor to you. Please could your send us your full postal address for us to fulfil this for you.

Kind regards,

On behalf of the P&G promotional team

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have now gone off Gillette products. Miserable sods.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,836 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Apparently my razor has been delivered (to my folks in N Ireland).....seems the complaint worked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

On it's way

Hi CH3OH,
    Thank you for your patience whilst I looked into your query.
    I am pleased to confirm that our fulfilment department do have your order in their database, and your promotional item is on its way to you in the post.
    You can expect your new Fusion ProGlide razor to arrive within the following few days. I do hope you will enjoy using this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again in future, should you have any product queries or concerns.
    Kind regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,622 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

All successful replies are coming from lafley.ag@pg.com right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

mrcheez wrote: »
    All successful replies are coming from lafley.ag@pg.com right?

I emailed that and no reply yet

I emailed that and no reply yet

Me too. I didn't ask for a razor though. I offered to consult on logistics re future promotions. No reply yet...

Sorry endacl, I may have blown your chances of a consultancy fee by giving the following rather elementary advice for free.
    But it's all spoof? If they had limits set (be it 1k or 150k, depending on the source of the spoof), then how can the number of people entitled to razors have exceeded the number of razors by 5, never mind 5x?

Now, maybe this is just common sense and it's a mistake to apply that to marketing types but:

1) Decide how many razors will be sent out.
    2) Set up website to collect applications
    3) While number of razors left > 0 : keep taking applications
    4) Close website, promotion over.

They are actually just pathological liars going on the various communications

TBH I'd say they are still struggling to memorise these steps in the correct order. Or sitting around holding their heads "brain hurt bad, no likey common sense"

Judging by the fact they said they changed marketing companies in the middle of this and that's what lead to the delay apparently.

I'd say the first marketing company dropped the ball in regards to closing the offer.

Judging by the costs of the blades I'd imagine a free razor was always going to be a hit.

irishgeo wrote: »

Judging by the costs of the blades I'd imagine a free razor was always going to be a hit.

It's a lump of feckin plastic! And how much do you think the blades actually cost Gillette to produce?!?

http://www.alternet.org/story/148869/the_shaving_racket_--_how_are_gillette_and_schick_getting_away_with_ripoff_razors

It's nearly 6 months on now irishgeo.
    Unless the first set of marketing "professionals" rode off into the sunset with all of the personal info, then where are our razors?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Triboro

Sent e-mail to the link above two days ago, got reply today looking for confirmation of my name and address to which razor will be sent within two weeks.. I wonder!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Email sent too.
    Will update if I get any reply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement