Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Cowboys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Sam Mac wrote: »
    If they have ran out of promo stock they should be sending out some retail stock instead.

Jaysus even a few samples of something else or money off vouchers or something. Obviously any of these options would actually cost more than the cost of producing one handle and one razor. So they are actually begrudging potential (likely even) customers cents worth of product.

It's not even about the razor at this stage, it's just hilarious to see what a badly managed c0ck up this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

endacl wrote: »
    That is a bit shabby. Right lads. Razor recommendations?

Hydro 5, Wilkinson Sword, I switched on principle from this scam and love it, much better than the gillette.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Hydro 5, Wilkinson Sword, I switched on principle from this scam and love it, much better than the gillette.

I'd agree .Vastly better razor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Good afternoon,

This promotion has now finished and was only for a set amount of applicants. Which unfortunately means that not all that applied would receive the offer.

There will be future promotions if you wish to apply.

Kind regards,

On behalf of the P&G Promotional customer care team

Got the above email after emailing four people. Sent another nasty one back demanding my razors or I will tell everyone never to buy from their scummy company again.eagerly awaiting reply

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    ok so far we have the following emails listed...

pgukire.im@pg.com
    pgpromotions@sykes.com
    lee.i@pg.com

I sent a mail to "pgukire.im@pg.com", but got no response. Those of you getting responses which email was used?

emailed all three of them
    And got no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Triboro

There seems to be several different responses to the e mails,mine was the incorrect/insufficient info one..must be getting handled by a couple of different pr outfits for Gillette going by all the different bullsh1t excuses!

Triboro wrote: »
    There seems to be several different responses to the e mails,mine was the incorrect/insufficient info one..must be getting handled by a couple of different pr outfits for Gillette going by all the different bullsh1t excuses!

I'm keeping the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

endacl wrote: »
    That is a bit shabby. Right lads. Razor recommendations?

I always swapped between Gillette and Wilkinson sword but last year I forgot to take razors on holiday to Sligo, passing through Enniskellin I went into Asda and bought their own brand Protect 5 razor with 1 blade and 4 pack refill.cost about £10 I think.
    Now i'm not the hairiest gorilla in the forest but I shave every day and I used to change Gillette/WS blades about once per fortnight. Since last July I used just 3 of those Protect 5 blades and I am using only the Protect 5 razor.

One downside to the Asda razor is it is very difficult to shave under the bridge between each nostril, must be the shape of the razor head (or my nose). Either way I'd highly recommend the Asda razor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

Good afternoon,

This promotion has now finished and was only for a set amount of applicants. Which unfortunately means that not all that applied would receive the offer.

Kind regards,

On behalf of the P&G Promotional customer care team

Got the above email after emailing four people. Sent another nasty one back demanding my razors or I will tell everyone never to buy from their scummy company again.eagerly awaiting reply

Any half well run promotion has limits of stock & won't let people apply after the limits been reached. Gillette has cocked up big time on this. Think I'll switch to Wilkinson (or another brand) as soon as my blades are used up

As an aside- anybody else notice blades don't seem to last as long anymore??or am I now growing tougher stubble?

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    Any half well run promotion has limits of stock & won't let people apply after the limits been reached. Gillette has cocked up big time on this. Think I'll switch to Wilkinson (or another brand) as soon as my blades are used up

As an aside- anybody else notice blades don't seem to last as long anymore??or am I now growing tougher stubble?

Considering that they would have known within a few days that they had overshot, they could have emailed us within a week or two and said "sorry, demand has exceeded supply,we will email you the next time we run a promotion".

Rather than dragging it out, promising razors "in due cause" whatever that means, or telling you sh1te off, but only if you emailed them. I still have zero mails one way or the other from them.

Real amateur stuff. Reflects very badly on the brand. No coherent response, mixed messages or none at all. "Transitional stages" as the buck was passed around.

Seems to me they have very little to lose by sending out a product that will lead to future sales of expensive blades, and they have a stock of email and postal addresses of receptive customers. It's a loss leader, if only some of the recipients move to fusion proglide then the cost of the whole promotion would be covered pretty quickly. It's not like it's a one off item without follow up profits to be made.

Certainly wouldn't be too enthusiastic about their blades by post service after this.

Yeah, I know I'm getting very excited about a cheap piece of plastic, but you have to wonder how they can get anything right if they got this so wrong?

Ah well, almost 6 months of entertainment. Surely a bargain alerts classic?

daheff wrote: »

got two emails today within six minutes of each other

Hi and thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to change the service where the Gillette razor promo is handled. The new service is currently in a transition situation and working their way through outstanding applications and requests. This is taking more time than expected, resulting in the promised product is taking longer than set out in our original T&Cs.

We want to reassure you that you will receive your razor in due cause.

For further information please call 0845 456 0142 or if you prefer email pgpromotions@sykes.com

Good morning,

As previously stated there is no more stock on these so we will be unable to send one out to you.

I am sorry you feel this way about the promotion but we can not fulfil it on this occasion.

Kind regards,

On behalf of the P&G Promotional customer care team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I switched to a DE Blade 18 months ago an haven't looked back.

got two emails today within six minutes of each other

Hi and thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to change the service where the Gillette razor promo is handled. The new service is currently in a transition situation and working their way through outstanding applications and requests. This is taking more time than expected, resulting in the promised product is taking longer than set out in our original T&Cs.

We want to reassure you that you will receive your razor in due cause.

For further information please call 0845 456 0142 or if you prefer email pgpromotions@sykes.com

Good morning,

As previously stated there is no more stock on these so we will be unable to send one out to you.

I am sorry you feel this way about the promotion but we can not fulfil it on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Uh huh....now.

Trying to confuse paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

I switched to Tesco own brand triple blade razors excellent have to say won't bother going back to the like's of Gillette or Wilkinson sword

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Lidl disposables for the win. Pack of 24 cost me .99c a while back - they last for about 5 or 6 shaves before they start getting rough :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My emails won't deliver I keep getting failure notifications! What are all the address people are usen?

Latest response

Good morning,

We have received your details and it is currently being investigated for you.

Kind regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i got no failure and no reply
    just plain rude

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Seve OB wrote: »
    i got no failure and no reply
    just plain rude

I'll be a writing a complaint.
    Ireland
    To submit a comment or complaint, please contact Procter & Gamble at:
    Procter & Gamble
    PO box 596 Dublin 14
    Email
    Please be sure to provide us with the following information.
    This information will only be used to complete your request.
    Your name
    Your e-mail address
    The P&G brands whose programs you registered for
    Your request or question — tell us what you'd like us to do.

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »

Steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'll be a writing a complaint.
    Ireland
    To submit a comment or complaint, please contact Procter & Gamble at:
    Procter & Gamble
    PO box 596 Dublin 14
    Email
    Please be sure to provide us with the following information.
    This information will only be used to complete your request.
    Your name
    Your e-mail address
    The P&G brands whose programs you registered for

I don't recall if there was any mention on the sign-up form about the freebie not applying to Ireland (I couldn't remember if this was a BT11AA thing). Obviously the form isn't live any longer but you can get an image-less version on archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140925152016/http://www.firstreal.co.uk/

They have Ireland listed clearly under the options, so anyone who signed up from Ireland should have received it.

So yeah I'd say you're perfectly warranted to send a complaint to P&G in Ireland as this is a breach of their terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

mrcheez wrote: »
    I don't recall if there was any mention on the sign-up form about the freebie not applying to Ireland (I couldn't remember if this was a BT11AA thing). Obviously the form isn't live any longer but you can get an image-less version on archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140925152016/http://www.firstreal.co.uk/

They have Ireland listed clearly under the options, so anyone who signed up from Ireland should have received it.

So yeah I'd say you're perfectly warranted to send a complaint to P&G in Ireland as this is a breach of their terms and conditions.

my email query
    I wish to lodge a complaint about the Free Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor promotion which was run on the website http://www.firstreal.co.uk/. I still haven't received my razor a number of months later and i am extremely unhappy about the fact this seems to be a exercise in data mining to get my info. This is a breach of data protection law.

I wish to have all my data removed from your databases and i am completing a complaint to the data protection commissioner as this is clearly a breach of the data protection law as you are keeping data unlawfully.

This is the relevant section of the act which i believed you have breached,

Specifying the Purpose

You may not keep information about people unless it is held for a specific, lawful and clearly stated purpose. It is therefore unlawful to collect information about people routinely and indiscriminately, without having a sound, clear and legitimate purpose for so doing.

"the data shall have been obtained only for one or more specified explicit and legitimate purposes"
    - section 2(1)(c)(i) of the Act

The purpose was to send out a free razor but as i haven't received my razor i believe you are keeping my data without a specific purpose.

I await your reply on this matter.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

just got a reply after i resent this morning

Thank you for contacting P & G Promotions.

Unfortunately the promotion for the free razor has ended and we have no more stock. Apologies, but you will not be receiving a razor..

Please keep an eye out for future P & G promotions.

Best regards,

P & G Promotions

i sent back a stinker... we'll see!!

my email query

Everyone should send this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Mac 3

Were we conned?

First Thousand applicatants? Thought I saw somewhere that they had 150,000 to give out..

https://www.facebook.com/notes/gilletteuk/gillette-first-real-razor-giveaway/623741617682344

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Everyone should send this!!

I sent exactly that letter to them.
    Just received this back.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your interest in P&G products. I would like to ensure you that all data collected was indeed for the purpose of the free razor promotion and is only being used for this specific purpose.

I would like to draw your attention to the following from the terms and conditions of the promotion:
    “The closing date for receipt of all entries shall be midnight on 31st of January 2015 or until 150,000 official registrations have been made, whichever is the earlier.”

As such both of these conditions have now been matched and all that have qualified for the promotion will have received their razor.

I would like to confirm that all data gathered is used in accordance with data protection laws and Proctor and Gamble takes this seriously.

I hope that this answers your questions regarding this promotion and that you will consider applying for future promotions.

Kind regards,

On behalf of the P&G Promotional Customer Care team.

Dishonest at the very least that they would keep harvesting details after the 1000. And then telling people they would get razors in "due cause"? Not to be trusted. Or completely incompetent.

Edit 1000? 150000? December? January? September? Who knows? Spoofers...

I asked for the contact details of the manager/supervisor and the information of the person replying to my emails as I wanted to make a complaint against them and they refused to give me the information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Well done to all who complained. It's obvious from their responses that Procter & Gamble UK and Ireland is an arrogant gang of hucksters.

The best course of action now is simply to boycott their overpriced, overrated Gillette shaving products and urge family and friends to do the same. Every little hurts!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement