Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Higher index is bad , lower index is better , Negative index is best

This is from a cold lovers perspective !

Yeah but all charts you post seem to be positive, Im just not getting it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

t|nt|n wrote: »

The one I posted i starting to trend lower which is a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

That's a pretty sharp AO drop. How low was the AO during last year's cold snap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

matthew8 wrote: »
    That's a pretty sharp AO drop. How low was the AO during last year's cold snap?

AO from last 60 years

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mrweatherman

i just cant see ireland getting a good widespread snow coverage this side of christmas, i say we might get just a dusting after christmas and long cold spell eg frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Looking like rain and more rain from sunday onwards and into the next few weeks more rain.Looks like marks prediction is going to fail.
    The AO staying very high right up past xmas day ,looks like no cold spell at start of jan 2012 either.

guess i could be wrong according to accuweather a huge storm is to hit ireland on tuesday which is to pull in cold air to the north with snow and rain for the southern half might be repeat of "the night of the big wind" which brought heavy snow soon after =)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »

Positive is bad , Negative is good ,

The charts have been in a very positive territory for the last while so any thing that see's them moving away from that type of setup is a good sign,

We want them to go negative .

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭only one

guess i could be wrong according to accuweather a huge storm is to hit ireland on tuesday which is to pull in cold air to the north with snow and rain for the southern half might be repeat of "the night of the big wind" which brought heavy snow soon after =)
    Snow in the south? I forgot what it even looks at this stage

yeah its long time since the south saw any real snow, well its according to accuweather on their news part showing a map of ireland with snow in the north and rain as norm in south

• Advertisement

Simon Keeling ...weather.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

WolfeIRE wrote: »

Fascinating what could happen if the 2nd scenario around the 19th onwards he paints actually happens......SNOWMAGGEDON :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tzfrantic

omg another cold snap could happen i am so happy i love you wolfeIRE for this information

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Looking like rain and more rain from sunday onwards and into the next few weeks more rain.Looks like marks prediction is going to fail.
    The AO staying very high right up past xmas day ,looks like no cold spell at start of jan 2012 either.

another word for word recomment from doylem on the daily mail...cant believe your doylem. wont ever be able to look at you the same way again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

bb1234567 wrote: »
    another word for word recomment from doylem on the daily mail...cant believe your doylem. wont ever be able to look at you the same way again...

Ha ha dont loose sleep over it:)

cant see anything come from it as its still far off, BUT next week will tell all as anything beyond 7days is hard to work out correctly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Really well broken down look at the charts there , showing some potential too , I really like when people go into detail on where they are getting there idea's from

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭StormGazer.11

If that block does manage to form in the West Keeling and the ECMWF could become very popular around here :D

well infairness it does look very promising and well put together but theres still the real high risk it wont happen and just end up with a real cr*py storm on christmas as we had a vfew years back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 James madden100

Snow is likley in many parts of the UK and Ireland in December January and Feburary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Snow is likley in many parts of the UK and Ireland in December January and Feburary.

a good optimistic first post without any scientific basis!

you will go a long way on this site!

but ANY one can say snow dec,jan and feb its down to how much where, when and how long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looking at the F1 charts Christmas will be marked with double figures.

likley.........Feburary.

James may have got his forecast wrong for the start of winter, but his spelling is pretty much spot on.

Please don't troll here whoever you may be.

hahaha any one can say it will snow in the main winter months of december, jan and feb

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tzfrantic

well infairness it does look very promising and well put together but theres still the real high risk it wont happen and just end up with a real cr*py storm on christmas as we had a vfew years back
    no scienfic proof on that still i 50 percent chance it could happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

I think Mike65 is the biggest troll on here.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Really well broken down look at the charts there , showing some potential too , I really like when people go into detail on where they are getting there idea's from

Yeah I agree with that. Unlike others who just say there will be heavy snowfalls for most of the UK in December.
    However, it's unlikely his idea about a Greenland high linking with a scandi high will come to fruition though. With a strong vortex any high that builds up north will surely only be fleeting. In the current setup the only door to prolonged cold is through Scandinavia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

bb1234567 wrote: »

This relationship is OVER!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

:D:Dao.obs.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement