Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I don't see what went wrong in the video of the car getting spiked?

Apart from the member dropping something, then suddenly disappearing...it almost looks like he got into the boot ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I don't see what went wrong in the video of the car getting spiked?

Me neither, I had to watch twice and i'm still confused:eek::p Anyone know where that happened? Looks like Lucan to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

carzony wrote: »
    Me neither, I had to watch twice and i'm still confused:eek::p

It was perfect deployment of it so nothing wrong with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Isnt Mark such a daisy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Were there two thrown?

• Advertisement

Me neither, I had to watch twice and i'm still confused:eek::p Anyone know where that happened? Looks like Lucan to me?

It's the N4 inbound. You can see the Foxhunter and Texaco (part time police station) opposite!

And re the comment in thread about the distance between the car and the pursuers, they would have allowed a gap to open so the stinger can be removed before they or the following civilian cars go to it.

foreign wrote: »
    It's the N4 inbound. You can see the Foxhunter and Texaco (part time police station) opposite!

I thought it looked familiar
    :D

And re the comment in thread about the distance between the car and the pursuers, they would have allowed a gap to open so the stinger can be removed before they or the following civilian cars go to it.

Is that the advanced unmarked Mondeo from DMR in the pursuit?

Re oldest garda car

Did anyone else cringe when he pretended to be on the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Re oldest garda car

Left the volume off :P - Victor 3300 , a REAL police spec :cool:

• Advertisement

Re oldest garda car

I still do in work sometimes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

The radio doesn't look right. From memory back then the handsets resembled telephones.. The Microphone style only came in at the start of the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The radio doesn't look right. From memory back then the handsets resembled telephones.. The Microphone style only came in at the start of the 80s.
    He said the car was from late 70s so probably would have been still in service in the early 80s and would have been retrofitted

Don't know why the amber lights on the customs cars annoys me so much! They should have blues like 90% of every customs force in the developed world !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Don't know why the amber lights on the customs cars annoys me so much! They should have blues like 90% of every customs force in the developed world !

I agree i would imagine though that the bench marking back in the crazy days might have something to do with it. The customs union lads were jealous of all the builders 4x4 jeeps.
    Is that van in the picture belonging to Smyths Detection? If so must cost a pretty penny to hire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

No, I think Smyths just installed the x ray.

Heres the story on the video we were watching about the gardai chase that ended up on the lucan bypass. Really fast driving, Also says they have been extremely abusive to gardai

http://www.herald.ie/news/teen-drove-stolen-car-at-220kph-as-gardai-chased-him-across-country-29316488.html

Not ES related directly, but what the feck is going on here? Small battenburg and grill lights? Looks like something from The Bill..?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4896053

Is that flashing LED units sitting in the grill i see too?

Not ES related directly, but what the feck is going on here? Small battenburg and grill lights? Looks like something from The Bill..?

Just a little joke i'd say, I have seen a focus van round my way kitted out similar to that fiesta, I think people just like to pretend they are driving patrol cars around :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just a little joke i'd say, I have seen a focus van round my way kitted out similar to that fiesta, I think people just like to pretend they are driving patrol cars around :rolleyes:

Is it you? :pac:

Well it would be a help if he had a car that people associated with unmarked squad cars for starters ! Halfwits :rolleyes:

To be honest, my initial thought was that it looked more like something you'd see customs or such driving, or one of those UK cars that get markings after they're taken by their version of the Criminal Assets Bureau.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

are their any unmarked opel vectras out there? either in the DMR or out of harcourt st?

specifically a silver one.........

WilcoOut wrote: »
    are their any unmarked opel vectras out there? either in the DMR or out of harcourt st?

loads of them ;) Very rare now a days but i'm sure there are pleny left, They are a very good looking motor with all the lights and high-vis on them though, not very reliable mind
    http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=gardai%20opel%20vectra%20breaks%20down%20&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.ie%2Firish-news%2Fcop-that-protestors-help-red-faced-gardai-start-patrol-car-29302728.html&ei=VR6vUb2dAcuGhQfM2oHYAw&usg=AFQjCNEbRqwu-R8Uk-Wspt-22yNoY2IHow&bvm=bv.47380653,d.ZG4

Is it you? :pac:
    ah mate, I'm not that sad lol,

I actually seen a lad driving around in a transit a few weeks ago with flashing blue light under the grill of his van, He was speeding up behind me, It was only until he overtook me and started hand braking in the factories I thought it's unlikely it was cops lol

There one or two in cork

reason im asking is one flew by me at high speed the other day

it had no dash lights, just wing tip blues and rear blues in the bumper lights ( i think)

it had the most bizarre siren iv ever heard, nothing iv ever heard in this country never mind on a garda car - like it was in slow motion or something

and it was just one bloke on board - not a typical 'mule' lookin chap either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

They could have tried a bit harder with the repaint:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

reason im asking is one flew by me at high speed the other day

it had no dash lights, just wing tip blues and rear blues in the bumper lights ( i think)

it had the most bizarre siren iv ever heard, nothing iv ever heard in this country never mind on a garda car - like it was in slow motion or something

and it was just one bloke on board - not a typical 'mule' lookin chap either :D

Wonder is it related to this :p:p
    http://www.thanhniennews.com/index/pages/20130603-hanoi-police-told-to-probe-rampant-sales-of-traffic-cop-uniforms.aspx

Vietnam police told to probe sales of traffic cop uniforms

The Ministry of Public Security has ordered the Hanoi police force to investigate the rampant street sales of traffic police uniforms that was recently reported by local newspaper Tien Phong (Vanguard).

Tien Phong reported that uniforms worn by the traffic police – and sometimes those of the regular police – are frequently sold on the sidewalks at the Nguyen Trai-Khuat Duy Tien intersection.

The uniforms of various sizes are priced at VND100,000-200,000 (US$4.7-9.4).

The media have reported a number of cases in which “normal” people dressed like traffic police officers have stopped vehicles violating traffic rules, fining the drivers and pocketing the money.

The scams stemmed from the fact that many traffic police officers routinely order traffic violators to pay cash on the spot rather than pay the fines afterwards at police stations.

Most violators accept for fear their vehicles would be confiscated, or because they want to avoid wasting time going to the police station to pay the fines.

A World Bank-funded survey last November found that the traffic police is the country’s most corrupt institution.

OR :eek:
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/teacher-posing-as-a-garda-is-jailed-29320067.html

Teacher posing as a garda is jailed

A TEACHER posing as a garda ordered a petrol station assistant to open up a shop so she could use the ATM.

Annette Bonner (37) was dressed in full garda uniform which she had taken from a serving officer, who was renting a room in her house.

Bonner claimed she initially put the uniform on “for fun” after her tenant – Garda Maria O'Hara – came home from a night out.

However, she then “stupidly” left the house.

However, this was rejected by gardai, who said Garda O'Hara, who was stationed at Pearse Street, was unaware Bonner had taken the uniform.

A court heard Bonner has had problems with alcohol since her father, a retired garda, died of cancer last October.

Sentencing Bonner to three months in prison, Judge David McHugh said that impersonating a garda was a very serious offence.

Bonner, of Lohunda Crescent, in Clonsilla, immediately appealed the matter.

She admitted before Blanchardstown District Court to impersonating a member of An Garda Siochana.

She also admitted to assuming the name and rank of Garda O'Hara.

Sergeant Maria Callaghan said Bonner turned up at Discount Fuels in Clonsilla at around 6am on July 5, 2012, in full uniform. She was also wearing epaulettes on her shoulders, which had Garda O'Hara's garda district letter and ID number.

Sgt Callaghan said Bonner filled her car with petrol and bought groceries, worth €23. The court heard that the shop was closed but operates a hatch |system.

Sgt Callaghan said Bonner went to pay but her Laser card was rejected.

She then identified herself as a garda and ordered the assistant to open up so she could use the ATM.

The sergeant said the assistant opened the shutters to let Bonner use the ATM, but she failed to get cash.

Sgt Callaghan said Bonner again told the assistant she was a garda and would return in 30 minutes with money to pay.

Sgt Callaghan said Bonner signed the receipt in Garda O'Hara's name but never returned.

• Advertisement

cheers for the links capri

it did get me thinking that way..........

Advertisement