Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seaboard are guilty of something that freaks me in modern times; I find it impossible to find a menu for them online. They don't seem to have a website, instead relying on a Facebook page. And I can't see any menu linked or pinned anywhere. Don't know, maybe they just posted one.

But there's no excuse for a modern restaurant not to have a proper sample menu that is easily accessible online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭positron

We were at ESB last night. I haven't been there in a year or so, so I can't really compare how the menu has changed, but the menu we got last night was okay I think - a lot of asian/japanese influence was clearly present, katsu plaice, sashimi dishes, peanuts etc, a lot of Japanese flavors. Atmosphere was nice as well, they have created a separate function room type setup where the couches used to be by the pub/fire, curtains separating pub area from dining area, bigger tables etc - they must have had comments about the noise in there, and I would think it's working. It wasn't so loud that you have to shout to be heard, but it wasn't dead quiet either. Service was very good as well, professional, prompt and just the right amount of interaction.

I am far from their target clientele and all the fancy dish names completely went over my head but the 'napa cabbage rolled.. something.. with peanut etc' was nice - and very spicy (wasabi, that delayed punch), which I loved, but that may not suit everyone. Mrs P got the hannon steak which came with picked onions and boiled egg - which she expecting soft boiled / Asian / Japanese / Indonesian style but it came in a kids egg cup and spoon, hard boiled. She wasn't sure how that works with steak, but chips were good. Good comments on dessert - choice of four items or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dubdee

IvoryTower wrote: »
    So Katies Cottage going along with the Thatch. Sad to see, thought it was going well. Was often packed on lunchbreaks. That's the second place in a row that has closed after I gave it the title of best burger in the area, i'm saying nothing next time!

Went to Il forno yesterday, the missus said it was the nicest pizza she's had in town. If I was to complain, the orange juice was warm from a carton of kulana. I know not many places do fresh oj but even if it was cold it would have helped! Props to places like the bare food cafe that give you freshly squeezed oj

I am just in Katie’s Kitchen/Luna Rossa now for lunch with my husband. It’s definitely still open and I had the burger,’it was fabulous 😀. He had the Cajun chicken burger and loved it too.

dubdee wrote: »
    I am just in Katie’s Kitchen/Luna Rossa now for lunch with my husband. It’s definitely still open and I had the burger,’it was fabulous ��. He had the Cajun chicken burger and loved it too.

it is a yummy burger alright, when i wrote that post I had spoke to a girl there and she was told they were to close but was told to come in for one more week,that was 2 weeks ago so i don't know whats happening, hopefully it stays open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 dubdee

dubdee wrote: »
    I am just in Katie’s Kitchen/Luna Rossa now for lunch with my husband. It’s definitely still open and I had the burger,’it was fabulous 😀. He had the Cajun chicken burger and loved it too.

Have just spoken to one of the staff and they are actually closing tomorrow 😱. So glad I got to try the burger first

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭enricoh

Tried trinity quarter last week for the first time n was impressed.
    Got scallops starter n was dynamite, got scampi mains, tasty but not as good as scallops.
    Missus got wings to start n fillet steak. Wings were gorgeous, didnt try fillet but she loved it.
    My only quibble is you have to buy chips separately
    Nice spot to stay on n have a few drinks later.

Tried donegans a week previously. Got scampi, not impressed for e26, greasy, all prawns cut into 2 or 3 pieces. Mickey mouse salad on the side. I don't get the place, but they were busy so must be doing something right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

Agree on Donegans. Massively overrated and overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Best place in Drogheda or nearby for a breakfast fry?

Anyone tried the Boyne valley hotel?

Not a fry as such but the breakfast bap in kings is the tastiest breakfast I've had in frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Yes good breakfast there or forge field farm in termonfeckin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

Donegan's do great breakfasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Burke's do a great breakfast

Went for lunch in Woodrow's in westcourt fab food.not bad prices will be back

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sage and Stone near Duleek do a super breakfast, really tasty ingredients and perfectly cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

gipi wrote: »
    Donegan's do great breakfasts.

Very greasy imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭PGE1970

+1 for Burke's breakfast.

Best in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

Burke's is amazing, but Donnegan's is top notch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Market Cafe does a nice breakfast also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Best breakfast by a mile is Relish in Bettystown. €14 but worth every penny. After that there's a few like Burke's, smithstown, garveys that are nice, but not the same as Relish. 5 star v 4 star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

+ 1 for Market Cafe! Super brekky. Might go get one..

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    Best breakfast by a mile is Relish in Bettystown. €14 but worth every penny. After that there's a few like Burke's, smithstown, garveys that are nice, but not the same as Relish. 5 star v 4 star.

Will try it soon, wouldn't be fussed about the others

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭enricoh

Try the sunflower cafe in mornington, bigger feed, everything tasty- quality and quantity! Orange juice and coffee for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Does €14 for a breakfast not seem crazy or am i just becoming old !

It is indeed but if it's the best around maybe it's worth it....shall report back!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

blingrhino wrote: »

Yeah.

Lemonade up at Tesco does a nice breakfast roll for €5.50, and I think it's €7.50 for a breakfast. It would need to be an absolute stunning breakfast for €14.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I'm with you ... what exactly are you getting for them to justify charging 14 euro for a breakfast ?

For €14 I'd be expecting avocado toast and a massage for breakfast :D

Often passed Relish on the bike at the weekend and been tempted but put off by their prices and riding on to Mornington and getting something for a few euro in the garage.

Feel like an underage kid trying to buy booze or smokes as I've never a lock with me, "here you wouldn't get us a roll and a fanta would ya" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I completely agree. If there was a can of coke with that I can't remember, I've only been once about 6 months ago (I love cooking so pretty picky and rarely eat out), but I walked out thinking it was worth every penny, justified it by thinking I'd pay that for a burger n chips in a pub (well I wouldn't but that's what most charge). Every last ingredient was just the best quality you can get, the service, the view. Free range eggs only, freshly squeezed oj not from a carton, and their own brown bread, few examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Went to the Market Cafe yesterday for breakfast.

Nice club sandwich.

Decent price. Nice staff. Nice food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Colm Cummins

The menu on their page states €12.00 for the full breakfast?

Advertisement