Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Bay's....Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

razorblunt wrote: »
    Thought it was decent, good popcorn-fare.

Megan Fox looks like a busted flush though, awful.

I don't get the appeal of Megan Fox at all myself. I'm somewhat on the fence about seeing this. If a guy who enjoyed Transformers thinks it's bad then, well...

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I should point out, I have no nostalgia investment in either franchise. I just hated this film. Megan Fox is awful, Sacks as awful, the turtles were badly designed and had bad personalities, I don't know if some of the plot points are faithful to the original show, but if so they're shockingly awful, the effects are bad, and..... I think I'm in a minority here though, cos I saw this yesterday in the same screen as a large birthday of kids and adults, and they loved it, thought it was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Watched this last night, was much better than what I was expecting! Some laugh out loud quips too! Megan Fox neither added to or took away from the film tbh. Would be interesting to see a director's cut with the rumours of 20 something minutes being cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Annoyed by Fox's frolicking about in hail, rain and snow, only to have perfectly curled and dry hair in the scenes set 2 minutes after all this. Unless she is getting her kit off I don't want to see her on the damn screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Would be interesting to see a director's cut with the rumours of 20 something minutes being cut.

it badly needs those 20 minutes, if not more. the whole film felt rushed and badly cut together as if there was a lot missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

im not a fan of the books or the TV series but i thought it was alright.

its a hell of a lot more faithful than what bays done to Transformers anyway.

they even managed to throw in some nods to the opening sequence to the cartoon IIRC in one of the action sequences. the individual turtles actually come off as individual characters and even megan fox didnt annoy me.

the show i was at was 2d and mainly populated with da's and their sons and the kids loved it no end.

hell the humour even worked.

as a popcorn muncher i really cant give out about it as it does what its supposed to and doenst drag on for years doing it either.

i'd give it a 6/10.

theres been alot worse this year than TMNT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I saw the film, twice with kids, It wasn't that bad TBH.

Though with Raphael standing at nearly 7 feet tall and being like the steroid user of the group how was he supposed to fit in the sewer manholes.

Megan Fox could have done without her pouty face in every scene, though Will Arnet was funny in it, though less weasel face like Vernon Fenwick was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

cloud493 wrote: »
    I should point out, I have no nostalgia investment in either franchise. I just hated this film. Megan Fox is awful, Sacks as awful, the turtles were badly designed and had bad personalities, I don't know if some of the plot points are faithful to the original show, but if so they're shockingly awful, the effects are bad, and..... I think I'm in a minority here though, cos I saw this yesterday in the same screen as a large birthday of kids and adults, and they loved it, thought it was hilarious.

You are most certainly not in the minority. This piece of shít should have gone straight to DVD. Michael Bay's involvement should have been a big warning sign for anyone. And Megan Fox, as you say, is an incredibly piss poor actress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Angel Knightess

I haven't seen this as to be honest the moment I heard Michael Bay had a part in bringing it to the screen I felt my spirit sink. I loved the Turtles as a kid and I still have a soft spot for many series and movies incarnations over the years then and up till this. My first impression of the turtles was shrek on steroids, with a lot of moodiness, rap music and constant megan fox pouting and shredder looks more like an escaped transformer.
    I know its not made with people like me in mind but I wish someone would shout stop on all these remakes and movie adaptations of beloved cartoons and better, older movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Just watched this...dear god it's awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Saw this on Saturday, I thought it was visually impressive, fairly much a popcorn blockbuster flick, but really i enjoyed it, predictable, plot holes, but thought it was good fun. It's not a Dark Knight, but we all knew not to expect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Found this pretty bad, starts off grand for the first half an hour but then becomes silly. Its just action scene after action scene so you quickly lose interest.

Advertisement