Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We heard singing coming from another area of the building in work so went for a nosey as we knew they were having a competition to decorate their areas etc etc... well one of the themes is the grinch and they have A REAL DOG as part of the act!! lol :D Naturally I voted for them to win lol lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

My local 'Rescue' are advertising puppies someone has for sale on their behalf on their FB page :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,348 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Finished my dog walk this morning when this woman appeared, putting her bin out, in a full-length fur coat.

Dogs went mental barking at her, she went mental at me for the dogs going mental at her. I just said to her that the dogs don’t know what you are!!!

Ever happen to anyone else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

em_cat wrote: »
    Haha

Mr C would've quite happily done so, the horror when he first was let out in my parents in laws back garden and came back in to deposit a dead rat at my feet! I was like, ok I expect that from a cat; just not a little terrier that we had just adopted...

I have the softest terrier in the world. EVERYONE is his friend. I wouldnt be surprised if he snuck the mouse home himself to keep it as a pet.

In the mouse-filled grain sheds, he eats the grain.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

em_cat wrote: »
    Haha

Mr C would've quite happily done so, the horror when he first was let out in my parents in laws back garden and came back in to deposit a dead rat at my feet! I was like, ok I expect that from a cat; just not a little terrier that we had just adopted...
    Well, it is what terriers are for! My pair used to love going ratting along the canal. Rarely caught anything, but really enjoyed having a go.
    Finished my dog walk this morning when this woman appeared, putting her bin out, in a full-length fur coat.

Dogs went mental barking at her, she went mental at me for the dogs going mental at her. I just said to her that the dogs don’t know what you are!!!

Ever happen to anyone else?
    Yep. Finn doesn't like people who com into the house with furry hoods.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

We've run out of heating oil so I took myself off to bed early. Teddy is under the duvet for the first time. He's made a little den. He's a funny dog, didn't get up on the bed for over a year. I think he doesn't like anything touching him when he's sleeping.

Well so much for our snow - piddling rain for hours instead and the dogs won’t even got out for a pee! Normally we go out around now on a Sunday, stop for coffee etc etc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

tk123 wrote: »
    Well so much for our snow - piddling rain for hours instead and the dogs won’t even got out for a pee! Normally we go out around now on a Sunday, stop for coffee etc etc :(

It's the same here, our garden is full of lochs of water. Had gotten up early to bring the dogs as we were due to head shopping. Literally a few fields over is full of snow!

Bells21 wrote: »
    It's the same here, our garden is full of lochs of water. Had gotten up early to bring the dogs as we were due to head shopping. Literally a few fields over is full of snow!

We got our rain gear on and went out in the end for a short walk. Bailey was crying up at trees and the squirrels up above laughing at him lol! Very cold and still raining! Both of them snoozing now.

Random question of the day. One of my dogs licks our other dogs eyes at least once a day. It usually happens when she's either lying down or sitting quite still. Her eyes are fine, there's no discharge and she's never had any complaints with them and the behaviour has been going on for quite a long time. It doesn't appear to bother her and he doesn't seem to be doing it obsessively, I'm just curious as to why he does it! Any ideas?

• Advertisement

What to do here.. As per bargain alerts thread :o I was in home store today and just happened to see doggy xmas stockings so got 2 for us and 2 more for 2 friends I had presents for - a treat I'd set aside from zooplus etc etc.. Then I realised I'd forgotten another friend so ran in and got one for her.. Now the dog is almost a year old - a retriever - and a resource SWALLOWER - has already had a blockage removed courtesy of UCD emergency clinic so while I'd love to get her a toy... I don't want to be the one who lands her back in the OOH vets! What could I get?!? She does give her junk pedigree stuff but I can't bring myself to buying it lol and would shy away from the stuff I give - snouts, rabbits ears etc etc Are biscuity treats safest I wonder? I'd still love to get a toy! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

What to do here.. As per bargain alerts thread :o I was in home store today and just happened to see doggy xmas stockings so got 2 for us and 2 more for 2 friends I had presents for - a treat I'd set aside from zooplus etc etc.. Then I realised I'd forgotten another friend so ran in and got one for her.. Now the dog is almost a year old - a retriever - and a resource SWALLOWER - has already had a blockage removed courtesy of UCD emergency clinic so while I'd love to get her a toy... I don't want to be the one who lands her back in the OOH vets! What could I get?!? She does give her junk pedigree stuff but I can't bring myself to buying it lol and would shy away from the stuff I give - snouts, rabbits ears etc etc Are biscuity treats safest I wonder? I'd still love to get a toy! :o

A new collar maybe?

I'm not sure if you have a Mr.Price near you but they had a range of 'tough' dog teddies in our local one lately. Not too much stuffing and the exterior was made from that tough woven material similar to but not identical to fire hose type stuff? There also wasn't any eyes sown on or floppy ears/Tails etc to be chewed off?

I'm not sure if you have a Mr.Price near you but they had a range of 'tough' dog teddies in our local one lately. Not too much stuffing and the exterior was made from that tough woven material similar to but not identical to fire hose type stuff? There also wasn't any eyes sown on or floppy ears/Tails etc to be chewed off?

Gah I was only in Mr Price today - will have a look next time! She doesn’t wear a collar(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I read an article on my phone this morning about a doggie choir in Christchurch today but can't find it now. Was I half asleep or can anyone confirm? Preferably with a link to prove to friend I'm sane?

Also..stupid question but was it a choir performing TO dogs or dogs "singing"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

What about one of those little flashing lights? I use one for night-time walks in the country. Great for finding your dog in the dark!

Collie D wrote: »
    I read an article on my phone this morning about a doggie choir in Christchurch today but can't find it now. Was I half asleep or can anyone confirm? Preferably with a link to prove to friend I'm sane?

Also..stupid question but was it a choir performing TO dogs or dogs "singing"?

It’s the carol service for Peata therapy dogs :)
    What about one of those little flashing lights? I use one for night-time walks in the country. Great for finding your dog in the dark!
    She has one lol! I’m going for the tuff toy! Either in mr price or zooplus/amazon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

It’s the carol service for Peata therapy dogs :)

Excellent, thank you.

Very cute idea and a good cause

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I challenge any dog lover to become a groomer at Christmas time. :pac: exhausted isn't the word :o

We saw a new vet today and she was just fantastic - worlds apart from the metacam for life diagnosis we had before! :) He was very good too being examined even though it hurt him so got lots of treats lol!

• Advertisement

I challenge any dog lover to become a groomer at Christmas time. exhausted isn't the word

I see your exhausted dog groomer and raise you a junior infant teacher 😂😂 do you still have people trying to book in for xmas? I've seen people's faces drop when they're told that no, the groomer does not have any available appointments this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I see your exhausted dog groomer and raise you a junior infant teacher 😂😂 do you still have people trying to book in for xmas? I've seen people's faces drop when they're told that no, the groomer does not have any available appointments this week!

Oh I can imagine that’s a fun one too :pac: yep, been turning people down for the last two weeks, I’ve given up answering the phone to people I don’t know and just left a voicemail saying I’m fully booked :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I'm doing my second year as a temporary courier, I will sleep through Christmas. It's a mixture of delighted customers when their presents turn up, and absolute panic when they realise one or more haven't arrived yet. And don't get me started on how bad people are at giving directions to their own houses.

Xmas eve and our kind considerate neighbours have their dog dumped out barking and howling hours! :mad:

EDIT - they’re on Holidays. :mad: :mad: :mad:

tk123 wrote:
    EDIT - they’re on Holidays.

Gone away on holidays?

Gone away on holidays?

Yep. Somebody takes him out for exactly 30 mins and dumps him back where he barks and howls for hours and then we think one of the neighbours lets him in after a few hours. Pouring rain here today too. ‘He doesn’t like kennels’ was one of the excuses before when we broached the subject - I was telling my friend that there was space for B&L in there brilliant home boarders they stay at when I was organising a holiday so I was ok to book flights etc etc so friend every so tactfully brought the barking etc up and it basically wasn’t up for discussion.

tk123 wrote:
    Yep. Somebody takes him out for exactly 30 mins and dumps him back where he barks and howls for hours and then we think one of the neighbours lets him in after a few hours. Pouring rain here today too. ‘He doesn’t like kennels’ was one of the excuses before when we broached the subject - I was telling my friend that there was space for B&L in there brilliant home boarders they stay at when I was organising a holiday so I was ok to book flights etc etc so friend every so tactfully brought the barking etc up and it basically wasn’t up for discussion.

That's just terrible! That's not nice weather to be stuck out in and to be forgotten about like that too!!!

That's just terrible! That's not nice weather to be stuck out in and to be forgotten about like that too!!!

As bad as it sounds you stop feeling sorry for the dog when you’re listening to it for hours on end day after day, week after week. He’s howling as I type - left out in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Oliver isn't well, off his food and sleeping a lot, although he was able to eat a small Christmas dinner of roast carrots, peas and turkey and ham, and looked for bit of turkey earlier. I'm watching him carefully and if he's not back to himself tomorrow we may need a vet visit :(

• Advertisement

Ah poor Oliver! :(

Bumped into the dog walkers.. Asked could they not put the dog inside rather than leave him out howling like that (he was howling at the time) for hours .. Said other neighbour is letting him in AT NIGHT(!!! FFS :mad:).. Told them he was out most of yesterday in the rain howling and they exchanged a look. Asked does he even have a kennel?(think ahead in case somebody was to complain) .. Replied that the patio area is covered..which he's not using/contained in so I don't know what use it is! .. Anyways it suddenly got quiet not long after! So I'm hoping they text the owner who text the neighbour to bring him in

What planet are they living on that they think it's acceptable to leave a dog out howling like that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement