Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freakishly skiny girl in new coke ad wtf.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ass Face, you are SO unpredictable! ;) I can't see a photograph of the OP - can you? Best not to decide what a person looks like til you've actually seen them perhaps?
    The girl isn't "freakishly skinny" though, just skinny.
    rubadub wrote: »
    I see a more and more ads portraying bigger women as sexy. The marketing people now have changed the given another meaning to the word "real" it now also seems to mean "fat", they keep harping on about "real women" in ads, and they are always large
    Come on now. What products? The only example I can think of is Dove's hilariously patronising and cynical campaign (see this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055192832).
    And apart from that, the only people I hear going on about how fat women are real women and their curves should be celebrated and all that bollocks are tacky women's magazines.
    I see a lot more overweight people in ads than underweight.
    Ah now... come off it. Yeah you've got overweight people in comedy ads - Dawn French, the kitchen roll guys dressed as women etc... they're not being depicted as sexy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Yea, because a fat bird downing a bottle of coke will up the sales alright..

I'm all for the hot skinny chicks, and i'll buy coke at lunch time today because of them!

How about not an underweight chick, not a fat chick, but a healthily slim chick like http://www.dbrose.com/images/RunGirl_225569.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

She just looks like an attention whore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

so the girl is skinny, but thats not a bad thing, and she's probably healthy. we're agreed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ass Face wrote: »
    I'm calling it now. The girl in the ad is not freakishly skinny, the OP is just fat.

yeah, put down the big mac op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Sorry Julep, that's not sexy, that's David Beckham.

He's alright until he starts talking. Helium head.

The girl in the ad is neither freakishly skinny or painfully thin as advertising industry models go. As far as the girl on the street goes, she's both. This does not make the girl on the street fat, just more representative.

zuroph wrote: »
    so the girl is skinny, but thats not a bad thing
    Well the concern is that skinny models in advertising cause impressionable girls to feel pressure to be thin. There is evidence of it but I don't think all girls are that impressionabe. However some are, and while the issues are there anyway, such ads don't help.
    The problem though, is it's unfair on naturally skinny girls because they should also have the right to model in advertising.
    and she's probably healthy.
    Probably, not definitely. Hard to tell. Some people are that skinny, yet still healthy. Some people aren't.
    She's certainly not frighteningly emaciated so she's probably healthy but she's certainly on the scrawny side of slim. It would be possible for her to look less scrawny and still be slim.
    Placebo wrote: »
    yeah, put down the big mac op.
    Even though you're trolling you'll also know that you can't tell how a person looks based on a post, and also it's possible for non-fat people to find extreme skinniness uneasy on the eye. And it's the OP's opinion she's extremely skinny - just because that's not your opinion doesn't mean the OP is wrong.

Some people think extreme skinniness looks unhealthy, just like fatness does. People can use doublethink and pretend all they want that extreme skinniness doesn't look unhealthy but they're only doing so to give them an excuse to say "put down the big mac, tubby" or whatever.

Advertisement