Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freakishly skiny girl in new coke ad wtf.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mitch marie

coke ad is scary:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Outlaw skinny people, they make the rest of us coke slurping fatso's look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hold on a minute!!!!!..........

Sharpshooter's a chick?! :confused:
    my thoughts exactly :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

realcam wrote: »
    What is wrong with you people eh?
    For starters she is thin but she's not 'freakishly skinny'. She is on the thin side and so are a lot of people in this world, like a lot of people are on the chubby side and a lot of people are what we consider to be normal. Why are we saying that people from one of these groups cannot be used for commercials? This is pc-ness gone wrong, only a lot of people wouldn't recognize it for what it is, stupid pc-ness gone wrong.

Is it maybe that Irish people are so over-excited about skinny people stuff because the chubby element is so prevalent in this country?

So true, the problem is that we're following the American example with something like half the adult population being overweight and obesity on the increase. So when people claim that someone on a advert isn't normal or average, what they would seem to mean is that "they aren't overwight or obese" since these are becoming the norm/average.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The girl is thin but I certainly don't think she's unhealthy.

Perhaps she's naturally that skinny? Perhaps she finds it difficult to put on weight? I'm naturally very skinny. My collar bone sticks out a bit.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will always be unattractive to some people because of my natural weight. If others want to believe that people like the girl in the ad and like me are unhealthy because we are thin, then that's their problem.

I'd be more worried about those who actually notice and are influenced by what people in ads look like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

She's thin, but she looks healthy.

Storm > teacup.

This is freakishly skinny, and quite tame compared to some google image results.

looks photoshopped to me, the arm anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Moar skinny girls plizz, less of your stupid opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

janeybabe wrote: »

Perhaps she's naturally that skinny? Perhaps she finds it difficult to put on weight? I'm naturally very skinny. My collar bone sticks out a bit.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will always be unattractive to some people because of my natural weight. If others want to believe that people like the girl in the ad and like me are unhealthy because we are thin, then that's their problem.

I'd be more worried about those who actually notice and are influenced by what people in ads look like.

This post lacks pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I go through phases, and right now, skinny chicks are where its at for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I love it when the fatties try to demonize thin people just so they can feel better about themselves. You lot are fooling nobody. :pac: Most Irish wimminz look like useless lumps compared to the foreign wimminz. They got away with it for years and now the facts are staring them in the face, or the weighing scale :pac:

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    I love it when the fatties try to demonize thin people just so they can feel better about themselves. You lot are fooling nobody. :pac: Most Irish wimminz look like useless lumps compared to the foreign wimminz. They got away with it for years and now the facts are staring them in the face, or the weighing scale :pac:
    8 years ago i predicted that irish girls would start making a better effort thanks to the influx of our eastern european allies. And it has to be said, its noticable in clubs around here anyway, I mean some girls still couldnt dress themselves without lookin like a hooker, but theres more better looking ones taking care of themselves and NOT turning orange.

Unfortunately, this is going to be one of the negative effects of the recession...the foreigners are leaving, and the Irish girls will have less competition, and will get lazier about it all again. expect a fresh surge of muffin tops and pyjama wearers, hipsters, tracksuits, badly selfdyed hair, etc by 2010. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Maybe we can ask Biffo for a financial bailout to pay the foreign wimminz to stay for sexy time :pac: Get a few ships and send the ditchpigs abroad like during the famine except we will be saying goodbye to the muffin tops not starving people that would love a muffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

she's not that thin, she can't afford to go on a diet though

Neither can I in the current economic climate we find ourselves in. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Ah,Leave her alone people...

she probably just has a Tape Worm.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

She's a bit bony like, she doesn't look "freakishly" thin though. She's young like, it's quite conceivably her natural frame. I can see my collar bones but I'm in and around the nine stone mark at five foot eight-not underweight. There's more important issues here like-wtf is she doing with yer man and WHY AREN'T THEY STUDYING? And I'm more disturbed by the doodles coming to life than someone's clavicles being on show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It does happen, Ann French in the Terry's chocolate orange adds. She's fat, it works, it's a great add.
    She's a popular celebrity being used to sell something which, in excess, causes people to become fat.
    julep wrote: »
    Dudess, I'm singling you out for this one as you seem to acquire a bee in your bonnet every time something like this arises.
    I get a bee in my bonnet over the catcalls to females of "you're just fat so you're jealous" when even slim girls can object to the use of boney models in advertising. I, for instance, am not fat and I think this is the ideal figure http://www.born-today.com/btpix/pfeiffer_michelle2.jpg.
    There's thinner than that girl but my opinion is she's dreadfully thin, even though she's extremely pretty. And I am bearing in mind it might just be her natural shape.
    And also what annoys me is the catcalls of "she's hot - I'd totally do her" not by guys who genuinely would do her, that's their preference and they're entitled to it, but by guys who wouldn't really, they're just "socking it to the fat chicks" (in other threads they'd be going on about how much they love tits and ass).
    How do you feel about the following?
    Deeply unattractive.
    How do you think the average fat ****er like me feels when I see pictures like this?
    No, not turned on.
    He's healthy and not starved - there's a difference between him and underweight-looking women.
    I have to live up to those standards if I want a girlfriend because that's what women expect in a man. After all, that's sexy, right?
    I should have used "sexy" in the earlier post - as in, the advertising industry's idea of "sexy".
    What a load of rubbish over nothing.

Girl is quite normal imho.
    In some people's opinion she's unhealthily thin looking. Ironic you're saying she's normal when I wouldn't doubt you'd be saying in another post that fat is normal for chicks.
    zuroph wrote: »
    girl's hot TBH. far from too skinny.
    That's your opinion.
    People give out when fat people are on TV(TV3) and they give out when there is skinny girls on TV:rolleyes:

You can never win......
    Yes, because of course there's only skinny and fat - no in between.
    That post kinda sums things up though - if you object to extreme skinniness than you're obviously celebrating and being complacent about obesity. LOL... :rolleyes:
    heyjude wrote: »
    So when people claim that someone on a advert isn't normal or average, what they would seem to mean is that "they aren't overwight or obese" since these are becoming the norm/average.
    Nope. They mean healthily slim rather than boney. Sure, some overweight people are angry and jealous of anyone who's slim - including healthily slim people - but it's possible for non-chubby people to find it a bit disturbing that underweight-looking women are used to advertise.
    Maybe it's something women understand more due to issues like anaemia, osteoporosis, stopped periods, fertility problems...
    janeybabe wrote: »
    Yeah it might be her natural frame, I already said that. It's hard to tell. It might be because she doesn't eat much too though.
    RonMexico wrote: »
    I love it when the fatties try to demonize thin people just so they can feel better about themselves.
    Oh I'm sure there's a lot of that - fat women giving out about, for instance, Sienna Miller, who's very slender but not undernourished-looking. Separate issue though.
    Most Irish wimminz look like useless lumps compared to the foreign wimminz.
    Hmmm... Must say I think it's in your head, seeing as I see countless examples to the contrary of Irish women on nights out in Cork and Dublin (yes, I hear them speaking in Irish accents).
    And could you be more specific than "foreign"? There are a LOT of other countries around the world outside of Ireland.

Dudess wrote: »
    That's your opinion.
    correct. It is.

And opinions by their nature can vary so it's possible for others to be of the opinion that she's dreadfully skinny... and it's not code for them being overweight and bitter etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I wouldn't describe her as freakishly so but anyway 50% extra pepsi FTW.

She's hot.. and not that thin.

We're just used to irish birds so she looks really thin in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Amazingly, even though we're used to Irish dudes, the fact that the guy in the ad looks rotten has still been picked up upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

She's very thin. I actually think she might be a 13 year old who's looks that way natuarally with make up done so she looks older.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Sorry Julep, that's not sexy, that's David Beckham. For some reason he got tangled up with Ronan Keating in my head, and now he's eternally damned.

I find the new Cadbury's ad with the freaky little kids and their manic eyebrows more disturbing than that girl's skinny arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Blush_01 wrote: »
    I find the new Cadbury's ad with the freaky little kids and their manic eyebrows more disturbing than that girl's skinny arms.

That add is freaky.:mad:
    I have to change the channel when it comes on, and it has put me off ever wanting to part with my cash for any Cadbury product.
    What audience are they aiming at?
    My niece runs out of the room when it comes on.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭von Neumann

I'm sure coke have some very clever people working in their marketing department.
    There is no reason in the world why this ad could not have used two "normal" size actors........So why did coke choose these two?

It just doesn't sit right with me :confused:.

P.S.
    I take your point if these two are 10-13 year olds.
    I was not trying to bash skinny people.

She's very thin. I actually think she might be a 13 year old who's looks that way natuarally with make up done so she looks older.
    No B.O.S. you're doing it wrong - you have to put all that aside and say she's hot and you'd totally do her, while in another thread go on about how much you like a big pair of jugs and a curvy ass. ;)

She is of course "that thin".
    She'd look thin with or without these obese Irish birds everywhere you look apparently - and you know it. Your disingenuousness isn't fooling anyone.

Nothing wrong with her if she's naturally that slight; she's very pretty, people are entitled to fancy her, but please don't insult intelligence by saying she's "not that thin" and similar bullsh1t.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

OK lets split the diff; I'd do her and dammit she would know she had been done, but only if she had a slightly bigger decollatage and a slightly more curvy derriere. Anything more than a handful is a waste and I'm in possesion of small hands. Small feet too, but then again things don't tend to grow in the shade....... :p

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Where the hell did I say that? No, it's not ok to be fat. At all. I was making the point that, where a model/actor's image is important to the selling of the product, a fat person will not be used.
    In this case it seems their image is not so important, i.e. she is not particularly good looking, plainish face and a bit too thin. If they wanted to sex it up it would be a busty model type. Maybe they are trying to show something different from the norm you expect on TV.
    I should have said, when sex appeal is needed to sell a product, a fat person will not be used.
    I see a more and more ads portraying bigger women as sexy. The marketing people now have changed the given another meaning to the word "real" it now also seems to mean "fat", they keep harping on about "real women" in ads, and they are always large, I know a few women who would love to be bigger and find it hard to put on weight. Wonder if coke actor is a "fake woman", and in years to come will soccer fans be shouting "you real bastard" to fat blokes. I see a lot more overweight people in ads than underweight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

I'm calling it now. The girl in the ad is not freakishly skinny, the OP is just fat.

Advertisement