Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The chatter from manc about aguero being perfect for the liverpool is nonsence really. He wont be match fit, he wont play a full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Dempsey wrote: »
    The chatter from manc about aguero being perfect for the liverpool is nonsence really. He wont be match fit, he wont play a full game.

Even if he only plays 60, adding that to the tasty prospect of Sunderland makes him hard to resist....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What are Rodriguez oweners gonna do if he's out for the season? I have 6.5m to replace him. Tough to see anyone else for that price range. Maybe Shane Long after the bye week (he has a DGW coming up)? Naismith, Crouch and Odemwinge the only other ones that looks like they would get in my starting XI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What are Rodriguez oweners gonna do if he's out for the season? I have 6.5m to replace him. Tough to see anyone else for that price range. Maybe Shane Long after the bye week (he has a DGW coming up)? Naismith, Crouch and Odemwinge the only other ones that looks like they would get in my starting XI.

Chamakh (Sp?) for the DGW, then upgrade a midfielder next week and play 3-5-2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Shedite27 wrote: »

Can't you upgrade to Lukaku or Dzeko (though that might be risky with Aguero imminent return) and downgrade someone else in midfield or defense?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

hi

Hart Davies

Chester Sagna Cahill Whittaker Olssen

Yaya Gerrard Lallana Miralles Richardson

Lukaku Suarez Dzeko

My choices

A Yaya out for Silva 5DGW players no hit
    B Hart and Gerrard out for Howard and Silva 6 DGw 4 pt hit

Was all primed for B till Gerrard did the business yesterday, now not sure

Open to C if anyone has alternative.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

carraig2 wrote: »
    hi

Hart Davies

Lukaku Suarez Dzeko

My choices

I think youll get better dgw benefit from def which u seem have a lack of. What about stones and zab for sagna and whittaker or something like that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My plan this week is Colback and Sturridge out for Aguero and Barkley.

Would leave me with...
    Mannone (x2)
    Baines (x2) - Cahill - Ward (x2)
    Silva (x2) - Yaya (x2) - Hazard - Barkley (x2)
    Lukaku (x2) - Aguero (x2) - Suarez

skippy15 wrote: »
    I think youll get better dgw benefit from def which u seem have a lack of. What about stones and zab for sagna and whittaker or something like that

Can't get Zab without selling a city player. Have 3 already. But yeah could go with stones

hi

Hart Davies

Lukaku Suarez Dzeko

My choices

Why getting rid of Hart? He has a DGW also.
    I'd also wait for news on Yaya before moving him out.

I guess if you kept Sagna that long it's for his remaining fixtures which offer CS potentials.

How much have you in the bank?
    I'd ditch either Whittaker or Olsson (ideally both of them - it depends for whom though) for a CP defender (Ward being 1st choice) and/or a City or Everton defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

To aguero or not to aguero.
    Is it worth taking the risk on what is biggest devision left for most.
    I feel negatives are selling sturidge. Limited game time potentially and injury prone
    Positives potential to score heavily. Will be hard work back in as would have 3 city and can do it now easily. Will be citys main player when returns and guaranteed to start once fit. Second dgw is sunderland which should play. Would want him gw 37 anyways.
    I think risk of getting him in is worth it as will regret not taking risk more . Ive just convinced myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My plan this week is Colback and Sturridge out for Aguero and Barkley.

Would leave me with...
    Mannone (x2)
    Baines (x2) - Cahill - Ward (x2)
    Silva (x2) - Yaya (x2) - Hazard - Barkley (x2)
    Lukaku (x2) - Aguero (x2) - Suarez

Very solid team. I have Coleman/Azpil for Baines/Cahill but the only real change between us is Ageuro for you, Zabaleta for me. This is where preparation should really be rewarded, I'm looking at teams with only 4 or 5 DGW players while we have 8.

Are you giving Kun the armband?

iroced wrote: »
    Why getting rid of Hart? He has a DGW also.
    I'd also wait for news on Yaya before moving him out.

I guess if you kept Sagna that long it's for his remaining fixtures which offer CS potentials.

How much have you in the bank?
    I'd ditch either Whittaker or Olsson (ideally both of them - it depends for whom though) for a CP defender (Ward being 1st choice) and/or a City or Everton defender.

My only reason to get rid of Hart was to free a Man City place for Silva. Move to Howard would also give me the 0.1 I need to buy Silva (nothing in bank)
    I also felt Everton's fixtures easier than City's who face Pool.
    But look open to any advice you can give. I was not doing so great till lately and now am in the shout for last money place in my work League.

just checked again. Have 0.3 in bank

Could do Stones and Puncheon for Olssen and Richardson
    Give me 7 DGW players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Last two times I goy Aguero in on my team I got a week or two out of him and off he went injured, not doing it a third time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    Very solid team. I have Coleman/Azpil for Baines/Cahill but the only real change between us is Ageuro for you, Zabaleta for me. This is where preparation should really be rewarded, I'm looking at teams with only 4 or 5 DGW players while we have 8.

Are you giving Kun the armband?

I'm considering it but will wait for team news on Aguero and Yaya. The plan was to wait until I knew whether Aguero was fine - buy him if he is, get a defender if he's not.

Are you worried about Richards being back? I'll probably get Kompany now if I go with defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Have 2 free transfers this week, looking at doing Gerrard - Silva and Sturridge to Aguero. Would leave me with this ::

Mannone(x2)
    Azpil - Ward(x2) - Coleman(x2)
    Jedinak(x2) - Mirallas(x2) - Yaya(x2) - Hazard - Silva(x2)
    Aguero(x2) - Suarez

My only reason to get rid of Hart was to free a Man City place for Silva. Move to Howard would also give me the 0.1 I need to buy Silva (nothing in bank)
    I also felt Everton's fixtures easier than City's who face Pool.
    But look open to any advice you can give. I was not doing so great till lately and now am in the shout for last money place in my work League.

just checked again. Have 0.3 in bank

Could do Stones and Puncheon for Olssen and Richardson
    Give me 7 DGW players

Ah right. If I were you I'd wait for news on Yaya. If bad I'd get Silva instead. If good I'd go for Stones and Puncheon.

Beware though that Stones game time may be diminished by Jagielka's return. We should hopefully know in time if he's fit or not. In that case I'd get Ward (or Mariappa if you don't have the money) instead of Stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Current team is:

Speroni
    Azpil-Coleman-Ward
    Yaya-Silva-Hazard-Sterling
    Lukaku-Suarez-Sturridge

Have 2.8 in the bank and 2 FTs. Thinking of doing Sturridge to Aguero and Sterling to Barkley, although Everton have some seriously fixtures after this GW so I don't know if I want to be stuck with 3 of their players...

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Team as follows, happy enough even though my closest rival may have 9 DGW players to my 7......

Mannone (*2)
    Ward (*2) Demichelis (*2) Cahill
    Barkley (*2) Gerrard Hazard Yaya (*2)
    Lukaku (*2) Aguero (*2 hopefully...) Suarez

Pelligrini might be all talk at this stage but he's certainly hinting at a return to a front two for the Liverpool game which the Liverpool set up would definitely allow. This wouldn't be a bad outcome for those of us without Narsi or Silva, sending them back a little deeper to 'assist the assist'.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Current team is:

Speroni
    Azpil-Coleman-Ward
    Yaya-Silva-Hazard-Sterling
    Lukaku-Suarez-Sturridge

Have 2.8 in the bank and 2 FTs. Thinking of doing Sturridge to Aguero and Sterling to Barkley, although Everton have some seriously fixtures after this GW so I don't know if I want to be stuck with 3 of their players...

Yeah also have 2 FTs (don't have 2.8m though!). Thinking of an Everton mid, but that would also bring me up to 3 Eve players, so might not go for it. Only problem is, not sure who else to go for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I have the same dilemma but I think Sturridge is more consistent than Lukaku. It's a choice of Suarez, Rooney and Lukaku or Suarez, Rooney and Sturridge. I pick the latter. Everton are fighting for a CL spot but Liverpool can win the league. From GW 35 onwards, with corresponding previous results:

Liverpool Fixtures
    Norwich away - Won 5-1 (Sturridge didn't play)
    Chelsea home - Lost 2-1 (Sturridge didn't play)
    Palace away - Won 3-1 (Sturridge 9 points)
    Newcastle home - Drew 2-2 (Sturridge 5 points)

Everton Fixtures
    United home - Won 1-0 (Lukaku 5 points)
    Southampton away - Won 2-1 (Lukaku 9 points)
    City home - Lost 3-1 (Lukaku 6 points)
    Hull away - Lost 2-1 (Lukaku 2 points)

Both have tough games, although with strikers the opposition doesn't matter as much. The decision isn't that straight forward anyway. If Liverpool lose at the weekend their season is over imo. Everton's season isn't over until after the Hull game, I reckon 4th spot will go down to the wire. In saying that, if Liverpool draw/beat City then I'll be dumping Lukaku for Rooney. If City win I'll reassess but will likely still do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm considering it but will wait for team news on Aguero and Yaya. The plan was to wait until I knew whether Aguero was fine - buy him if he is, get a defender if he's not.

Are you worried about Richards being back? I'll probably get Kompany now if I go with defense.

I'm going to go with Kompany myself. I think he and Zab will start every game but Kompany can pop up with the odd goal and there's more chance of bps IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Currently with 7 players playing twice:

Mannone (x2)
    Ward (x2) Zabaleta (x2) Azpilicueta
    Barkley (x2) Gerrard Hazard Yaya (x2)
    Lukaku (x2) Dzeko (x2) Suarez

Bench: Adrian | Collins | Chambers | Noone

Lots of money on the bank (because or transferring rooney -» dzeko in previous GW)

ATM I’m considering 2 options:
    1 – Get Kun Aguero (not comfortable about his gametime…)
    2 – Get Everton defender (which would mean benching Azpi away against Swansea)

Any suggestions ??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

havent had to take hits in a while but my team is fcuked this week

jrod collins
    jellyfish and mata not playing

dont mind too much taking a punt when its a double though
    puncheon might be that punt and i might
    welcome lukaku back to my team even though the fcuker never
    did much for me when i had him

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Anybody know why Boruc didn't play against City? Thinking of downgrading my sub keeper from McGregor to Gazzaniga to free up some funds

Anybody know why Boruc didn't play against City? Thinking of downgrading my sub keeper from McGregor to Gazzaniga to free up some funds

He injured himself in training on Friday. I haven't seen any news about how long he'll be out for.

My team at the minute:

Mannone (x2)
    Coleman (x2), Ward (x2),
    Bardsley (x2)
    Hazard, Lallana, Yaya (x2), Silva (x2)
    Sturridge Suarez Lukaku

Subs: Adrian, Terry, Chester, Nolan

I'm counting myself out of Aguero for this GW I think. There are just too many uncertainties. I have been burned by him twice already this season (not even including his December injury). I'd also prefer to hold out and see how he does on his return. I rate him above Suarez but I'm not going to jump in feet first this time.

Playing Bardsley will depend very much on how Sunderland play tonight. They are capable of defending well as they showed earlier in the season but they have slipped back recently.

Without Bardsley, I'll still have six DGW players. My transfer will then either be Bardsley to Kompany and/or Nolan to Puncheon/Barkley. I don't wish to take a -4 but I badly need Nolan out of my team and I think now could be the only opportunity to do it and lessen the hit as Puncheon/Barkley would have two games.

The problem with Kompany is that he'll leave me with three City players so that rules out Aguero for the rest of the season. City play West Brom home, Palace away, Everton away & Villa home and West Ham home after the DGW. The two games that worry me are the last two. I think Aguero could be essential for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thinkin' of gettin in Giroud, bit of a differential, already have 3 City etc. will decide closer to time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

We know I like a left-field punt and I think Lewis Holtby could be next in line for the Mr.P treatment. I'll assess things during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

We know I like a left-field punt and I think Lewis Holtby could be next in line for the Mr.P treatment. I'll assess things during the week.

Do those ever work btw? Must be class when they do!

Advertisement