Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

• 05-04-2014 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭

With next week being a double, will probably get an Everton or City midfielder for Henderson or Noone, depending on if any other player get's injured or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Invincible wrote: »
    With next week being a double, will probably get an Everton or City midfielder for Henderson or Noone, depending on if any other player get's injured or not.

LOL. Only after doing my GW33 transfer.

:D

Already have 7 for next week. Really not sure if will add another, although was thinking Sunderland though if I can pick out a decent midfeilder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

GW33 deadline hasn't even processesd! Think I am going to do something boring like Mutch>Puncheon then bench one of Sturridge or Hazard. Not really going to think about it much for a week though lots can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,552 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think I'm banking it to clear out Lukaku and Baines afterwards at no cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

The plan was to get Demichelis in for Evra leaving me just enough to do Lukaku -> Rooney next week. Might need to reconsider based on Rooney's injury.

Good news though is that he drops in value tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Most likely going to do Hazard to Silva; I don't have the direct funds to go up to Silva from another mid and I think it's the right time to get rid of Haz. (cue hattrick from Eden today and a Silva blank)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

roryc wrote: »
    The plan was to get Demichelis in for Evra leaving me just enough to do Lukaku -> Rooney next week. Might need to reconsider based on Rooney's injury.

Good news though is that he drops in value tonight.

Why isn't he red flagged if he's been ruled out? They're still saying he has 25% chance of playing but Moyes said he'll miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

The Boruc injury means I'll bring in Speroni or Mannone. Don't have a playing sub keeper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dzeko or Lukaku who would you guys be better buy for DGW, will Dzeko keep his start place for both games?

Then would out of Hazard and Gerard who would to you drop for Silva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I dropped Gerrard for Silva myself last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Dzeko or Lukaku who would you guys be better buy for DGW, will Dzeko keep his start place for both games?

Then would out of Hazard and Gerard who would to you drop for Silva?

Lukaku.

Aguero will be on the bench at least for both games so may eat into Dzeko's time on the pitch. Jovetic also scored today.

I did Gerrard to Silva myself this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

think i'll go mata to silva and then get mata back in the following week.

I wouldn't lose any money by selling mata and although it'd cost a transfer to get him back in I really can't see anywhere else I'd use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

think I may make no transfers this week keep mata and have 2 transfers to get rid of baines and lukaku before gw 35.

think I may make no transfers this week keep mata and have 2 transfers to get rid of baines and lukaku before gw 35.

How come you're getting rid of the Everton lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Worth doing Hazard, Redmond and Ox to Silva, Puncheon and Ramsey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm torn between getting Silva for my third City spot or keeping it free just in case I want to get Aguero. Could do Nolan and Gerrard to Mirallas and Silva leaving me with:

Mannone
    Zab Baines Ward
    Silva Hazard Yaya Mirallas
    Stur Suarez Lukaku

No Lallana worries me though.

Lemlin wrote: »
    How come you're getting rid of the Everton lads?

utd and city at home southampton and hull away are their last 4 tough enough fixtures. Also need the money from baines to fund a front 7 of lallana mata silva yaya aguero suarez rooney

utd and city at home southampton and hull away are their last 4 tough enough fixtures. Also need the money from baines to fund a front 7 of lallana mata silva yaya aguero suarez rooney

No Hazard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

2 free transfers. So probably a Man City defender and maybe AJ in depending on him starting on Monday. Perhaps Puncheon even. That will be 9 DGW players without any hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just did McGregor out - Speroni in. No brainer really.
    Have another free transfer to play with.
    Nolan out - ? 7.2m to spend.

With the second transfer will wait till the end of the next week.
    Speroni's raising price forced me to do it early but he shouldn't pick up an injury before next game.

Will have 7 DGW players and this should be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Took a 12 point hit for gw 31 and ended up pretty well with 176 before the hit.

slowly working my way towards this gameweek having gone from 7th position 70 points off the top to 4th spot at this moment, 32 off the top :)

cb2j.jpg

took a 4 point hit for this, fingers crossed :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

pah wrote: »
    Took a 12 point hit for gw 31 and ended up pretty well with 176 before the hit.

slowly working my way towards this gameweek having gone from 7th position 70 points off the top to 4th spot at this moment, 32 off the top :)

cb2j.jpg

took a 4 point hit for this, fingers crossed :P

That's risky but I like its style!

Have a little gut about Deulofeu scoring big one of these weeks.

Tempted to get him instead of Lukaku for this weeks Everton forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭Invincible

Anyone notice some of next weeks game times are 7 minutes delayed :confused:

2 free transfers. So probably a Man City defender and maybe AJ in depending on him starting on Monday. Perhaps Puncheon even. That will be 9 DGW players without any hits.

Had a look at Puncheon stats, he seems to go weeks getting loads of points and then most of the time does nothing.

He got 32 points (10,0,11,11) over the GW 20-23 - would it be possible for him to go on another good run after today's 16?

Going to wait till after Monday's games before I decide what to do.
    Mata will be coming in after this GW that's for sure.

they all are, it's to mark the anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mark of respect for Hillsborough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hogey007 wrote: »

All the times on Sat & Sun have been, that's the reason surely, thank's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hogey007 wrote: »

Just had a look and all games from 11th to 14th of April.

The games after a weekend start at normal time.

wonski wrote: »
    Just had a look and all games from 11th to 14th of April.

The games after a weekend start at normal time.

yeah all the matches next weekend are starting 7 minutes later as a mark of respect for the 25th anniversary of hillsbourogh.

The reason for the 7 minutes is because the match that day between forest and Liverpool was abandoned after 6 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

My 2 planned transfers for next week are looking increasingly nonviable. Was planning to do Sterling to Delph and Sturridge to Aguero, both non runners today. Delph will probably be ok, and considering I probably won't need him until dgw 37 that's fine. Aguero troubles me though, can he explode points wise or will his hamstring or other soft muscle explode. Will he even start either game? I think I will have to give Sergio a miss considering how lack-lustre he looked on his previous returns from injury. Yaya will keep pens too, only a fool would take them off him imo.

• Advertisement

Skippy44 wrote: »
    My 2 planned transfers for next week are looking increasingly nonviable. Was planning to do Sterling to Delph and Sturridge to Aguero, both non runners today. Delph will probably be ok, and considering I probably won't need him until dgw 37 that's fine. Aguero troubles me though, can he explode points wise or will his hamstring or other soft muscle explode. Will he even start either game? I think I will have to give Sergio a miss considering how lack-lustre he looked on his previous returns from injury. Yaya will keep pens too, only a fool would take them off him imo.
    I'm thinking the same to be honest . had planned on lallana and aguero but now I'm leaning towards Silva and Lambert instead

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

km79 wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same to be honest . had planned on lallana and aguero but now I'm leaning towards Silva and Lambert instead

I've had Lallana since gw1 I think. Super player and great returns points wise. I may transfer him out for Ramsey after dgw34 though as I think Soton are coasting and his world cup place is guaranteed.

Skippy44 wrote: »
    I've had Lallana since gw1 I think. Super player and great returns points wise. I may transfer him out for Ramsey after dgw34 though as I think Soton are coasting and his world cup place is guaranteed.

Saints beat Newcastle 4-0 last week and, despite the result yesterday, they gave City a good game. City had three shots on target in the first half and scored three goals. I know Dzeko also hit the crossbar but that must count as off target.

Lallana's place on the plane is guaranteed but he's gone above that level now and is playing for a place in the starting 11.

Hodgson watched Southampton both last week and this week. In fact, the BBC were joking about his fortnightly trips to St Mary's.

No Hazard?

ye I got rid of hazard for silva before gw 31. With him having no doubles, his price, me not going to captain him and those two psg cl games. I was confident enough to go without him between gw 31 and 34. Gw 35 was when I was going to look at getting hazard back a lot of this will depend on the aguero situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

This weeks dilemma....

Evra and Mata out.

Option 1: Zabaletta and Silva

Option 2: Baines and Nasri

Option 3: Barkley in there somewhere....

Adrian
    Ward Coleman Zab/Baines
    Hazard Lallana Yaya Silva/Nasri
    Lukaka Sturridge Suarez

I fancy Everton defence wise more than City's for the DGW but unsure that Nasri will get 2 x 90. Evertons next game then is Utd at home which i will have to consider as a pretty difficult fixture now.

dahat wrote: »
    This weeks dilemma....

Evra and Mata out.

Option 1: Zabaletta and Silva

Option 2: Baines and Nasri

Option 3: Barkley in there somewhere....

Adrian
    Ward Coleman Zab/Baines
    Hazard Lallana Yaya Silva/Nasri
    Lukaka Sturridge Suarez

I fancy Everton defence wise more than City's for the DGW but unsure that Nasri will get 2 x 90. Evertons next game then is Utd at home which i will have to consider as a pretty difficult fixture now.
    Everton then play Southampton away......I'm moving away from idea of bringing in a 3rd Everton player. Think I'll go for a palace defender or possibly puncheon

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Everton then play Southampton away......I'm moving away from idea of bringing in a 3rd Everton player. Think I'll go for a palace defender or possibly puncheon

The 3 X City option looks best given they have West Brom at home after the dgw.

dahat wrote: »
    The 3 X City option looks best given they have West Brom at home after the dgw.

I'll be going either Zab/Kompany in for Bardsley or Aguero in for Sturridge. That'll leave me with 1 Sunderland, 1 Palace, 2 Everton and 3 City. 7 for the DGW.

Alot depends on how my two competitive leagues look after this weekend. If they are secure enough, I may go for broke and go with Aguero. If not, I'll play it safe.

I'm now 600 places below my highest global ranking finish of 328 two years ago so I'll go for broke if I get the chance to try and top that. Can't see it happening now though.

I'll be going either Zab/Kompany in for Bardsley or Aguero in for Sturridge. That'll leave me with 1 Sunderland, 1 Palace, 2 Everton and 3 City. 7 for the DGW.

I have left the Aguero fan club, not in my plans now this season as i can't afford him without chopping my team right up. Selling one of the SAS seems criminal to me no matter what games they have.
    Went for Zab-Silva-Yaya combo in the end with Silva or Yaya coming out for Mata either in 34 or 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Like the last DGW, I'm really not feeling the love for the DGW players this week, and it worked out well the last time for me. Currently I have 3 City, Coleman and Mannone. I'm leaning towards banking my transfer.

My four non-starting DGW attackers are Lallana, Hazard, Sturridge and Suarez, none of whom I wish to drop. I could bring in a cheap defender (don't want to double up on Everton) but neither Palace nor Sunderland appeal to me. Considered a Palace defender but they look safe now and have a tough enough run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'll have 3 City, 3 Everton, 1 Palace and 2 Sunderland although will bench Colback. 8 plus Hazard, Azpil and Suarez. Benching Sturridge...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

whos going for Ramsey? hes on bench today, then there is the cup Wigan game so I am thinking of bringing him in soon

Any reason for Mariappa not to play both of Palace games, I only have 2 defenders for this GW so need someone and he's the only one I can afford (I think) that has a DGW at 3.9 ( I have 4m)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

(a) Gerrard and Nolan to Silva and Mirallas

or

(b) Nolan and Sturridge to Mirallas and Dzeko

Playing catch up now so hoping Mirallas could be a decent differential. Rival has Dzeko so afraid of what he might do.

I'm thinking 7 DGW players maybe enough as well.

Want Ramsey, but cant decide to let go of either Lallana or Henderson, despite only bringing him in this GW.

Another Sturridge blank. I would be transferring Bardsley out for a City defender so will see how Sunderland go tomorrow.

If they concede less than one or two, I may just keep Bardsley and go Sturridge to Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Just did Mata to Miralles. 7 dgw players at the minute and will probably go to eight. Sturridge will be going soon for Rooney/Aguero if he keeps blanking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

Any word about Jagielka's comeback? Stones is looking pretty tempting.

Another Sturridge blank. I would be transferring Bardsley out for a City defender so will see how Sunderland go tomorrow.

If they concede less than one or two, I may just keep Bardsley and go Sturridge to Aguero.

I really should not have read that post, as just checked to see if I could afford to do Lallana to Ramsey, and Sturridge to Aguero, and go from this...

Boruc--Mannone
    Evra--Ward--Olsson--Coleman--Zabaleta
    Barkley--Lallana--Hazard--Yaya--Henderson
    Sturridge--Suárez--Lukaku

to this...

Boruc--Mannone
    Evra--Ward--Olsson--Coleman--Zabaleta
    Barkley--Ramsey--Hazard--Yaya--Henderson
    Aguero--Suárez--Lukaku

8 DGW players, with 0.3 to spare, at a 4 point hit.

Thoughts people.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Sturridge to Aguero..... he's served me well and the Sturridge/Suarez non partnership is evidentially bad for FF points

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Studge will be going out for Rooney/Aguero after Norwich A. Fancy Liverpool to get a bunch of goals there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement