Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Fantasy X HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

im probably going to put it on the long finger sine layton vs wright is out this month too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

picked this up with Infamous tomorrow but will be playing infamous more. Can't wait to get stuck in on the long haul though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Klair88 wrote: »
    picked this up with Infamous tomorrow but will be playing infamous more. Can't wait to get stuck in on the long haul though!

I have inFamous now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Will prob pick this up today. Either through the store or gamestop. Don't think there is any price difference..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was in Gamestop St Stephen's Green and tried to pick it up on the Vita only to be told it's sold out. I would usually just buy it from the PSN store but because of the apparent drought on Vita memory cards, I can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Same. I have no platinum trophies yet but what better place to start with one of my all time favourite games. Unfortunately, I won't be able to pick this up myself with work and because there will be a lot of it before I go on holidays in a couple of weeks. Straight away purchase when I get back though. Really can't wait!
    Annnnd I completely caved and bought it at lunchtime today. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Omg a FFX HD remake?

Yes please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Took over 5 hours to download and about 30 minutes to install. Do not buy this on PSN if your internet isn't up to scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Is it wrong to say I'm more excited for this, than any game in the last 5 years, despite the fact I completed 3 times between 2002-2004?

One of my favourite pieces of fiction ever.
    I've played the series since the mid 90's and I look back at this as the Last Final Fantasy, and in many ways, the best.

Final Fantasy was always best, when it was a Japanese game with worldwide , influences and, not anime.
    It was a fantasy grounded in reality.

X managed to have a mythology that was understandable.
    Spira, looking back was the best realised world in the series and one worth saving.
    Its a small miracle that this game seemed to be immune to Toriyama influences

Great to play a JRPG again with relatable, even normal adults as main characters. Turns out X really was as good as it was.
    The narration by Tidus is brilliant. May well be the darkest, true to life game in the series.

It really does feel like a "journey" with characters that you grow to love, that the games industry have been trumpeting for years every other week and rarely if ever deliver on that hype.

A staunchly
    atheist/agnostic game, the laughing scene in context when the truth is revealed, i love the "spiral of death", and a world in stasis, the depressing themes, airship attack on Bevelle and Sin, that bittersweet, heartbreaking ending
    game.

PSU said it best:

It's a timeless tale of romance, religion, and metaphor, backdropped by one of Square's most well-realized worlds and blanketed in character subtlety that doesn't weigh down the story's perfect pacing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

well I bought this for the Vita as an impulse purchase and raging I didn't get the US version. I forgot FFX-2 was download only. 3.5GB, christ. My 64GB card is tied to my US account and I've only got a 4GB one for my EU account. looks like I'll have to get a new card.

• Advertisement

Adamantium wrote: »
    Is it wrong to say I'm more excited for this, than any game in the last 5 years, despite the fact I completed 3 times between 2002-2004?

One of my favourite pieces of fiction ever.
    I've played the series since the mid 90's and I look back at this as the Last Final Fantasy, and in many ways, the best.

Final Fantasy was always best, when it was a Japanese game with worldwide , influences and, not anime.
    It was a fantasy grounded in reality.

X managed to have a mythology that was understandable.
    Spira, looking back was the best realised world in the series and one worth saving.
    Its a small miracle that this game seemed to be immune to Toriyama influences

Great to play a JRPG again with relatable, even normal adults as main characters. Turns out X really was as good as it was.
    The narration by Tidus is brilliant. May well be the darkest, true to life game in the series.

It really does feel like a "journey" with characters that you grow to love, that the games industry have been trumpeting for years every other week and rarely if ever deliver on that hype.

A staunchly
    atheist/agnostic game, the laughing scene in context when the truth is revealed, i love the "spiral of death", and a world in stasis, the depressing themes, airship attack on Bevelle and Sin, that bittersweet, heartbreaking ending
    game.

PSU said it best:

It's a timeless tale of romance, religion, and metaphor, backdropped by one of Square's most well-realized worlds and blanketed in character subtlety that doesn't weigh down the story's perfect pacing.
    I totally relate. His narration is excellent. It's my favourite game bar VIII of all time. I find myself getting more adsorbed as I go in. The nostalgia is unreal!

I just wanted to say how amazing this game looks. It looks better than XIII did and that's no lie. It's so smooth looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I presume they're not changing anything on the balance and bug end of things?

I remember Attack Reels (Wakka) just murdering everything, along with Tidus' final overdrive.
    But all the other were fairly sub par once you got towards the end of the game. Lulu's in particular felt like a missed opportunity.

Also, I remember being annoyed that if you had armour that extended the limit of your life beyond 9999 and took it off, you permanently lost all the extra life you had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Gbear wrote: »

I remember Attack Reels (Wakka) just murdering everything, along with Tidus' final overdrive.
    But all the other were fairly sub par once you got towards the end of the game. Lulu's in particular felt like a missed opportunity.

Also, I remember being annoyed that if you had armour that extended the limit of your life beyond 9999 and took it off, you permanently lost all the extra life you had.

Lulu's O/D was ridiculous. Don't think I ever got over 5 and since the damage is reduced, it was more worth your while doing a doublecast.

Risteard wrote: »
    Lulu's O/D was ridiculous. Don't think I ever got over 5 and since the damage is reduced, it was more worth your while doing a doublecast.

If you were able to level it up to the point where you could cast 5/6 full strength Ultimas it would've been worth it and she would've been worth using (instead of just giving Yuna some offensive spells).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gbear wrote: »

They're hardly bugs now. Most of the best FF game battle systems are based around end game exploits that break the game engine. They know just how stupidly powerful combinations of attacks can be but unlike other games they freely embrace it.

Just beat the Goers 2-1! Tidus and Wakka being bosses.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They're hardly bugs now. Most of the best FF game battle systems are based around end game exploits that break the game engine. They know just how stupidly powerful combinations of attacks can be but unlike other games they freely embrace it.

I love the exploits.

It's like nobody ever sat down and thought about what 12 x 99,999 is equal to.

My only complaint is that there aren't more exploity characters that would break up your default end-game combo of Tidus, Wakka and Yuna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Pros:
    they didn't **** it up too much.

Cons:
    Why did they turn Lulu's voice down so much, you can barely hear her. They gave Tidus' voice loads of unneeded bass.
    sometimes the characters look overly tall and thin like it was designed for a super wide TV but not a regular sized one.

Oh and the biggest con of all, they included FFX-2 (lol)

Tell me, you know when there calling for Wakka in the final and Tidus looks all disappointed and swims off.
    Does that happen no matter what the score is? or only if you're losing/drawing? Tidus having a face like a slapped arse I mean, not Wakka rejoining the game.

Just beat the Goers 2-1! Tidus and Wakka being bosses.

TO HELL WITH YOU :pac::pac::eek:

I reset 6-7 times trying to beat them and it just wouldn't go my way. I know how to Blitz and have not lost a game since but that first game can be rage inducing.
    I beat it years ago when I first played through but this time around it was just not happening. Even after holding them to 0-0 for the first half, stealing in the second and getting an early start, they just started the second by bypassing all my players (even after being bumped into) and scoring an easy shot. Damn you Keepa. YOU SUCK!!!! Jackass!

Loving the HD remake though. Tidus can look effing retarded at times though (beginning scene on way through Zanarkand when he looks up at the TV of Jecht, his mouth makes him look like a window licker.)
    But still, memories of the game are great.

I had been playing through FFVII and IX every so often. I forgot how much better the sphere grid is.
    Currently up to Macalania Woods with plenty of grinding in between.

Just curious if anyojne else plays like me? Making sure each character gets a turn in every battle? Makes for longer play but leaves no one out power wise.

sometimes the characters look overly tall and thin like it was designed for a super wide TV but not a regular sized one.

That's how they originally looked. The European version of FFX was a travesty which squashed the aspect ratio with black borders so everyone looked fat in it.

• Advertisement

I had another session today just starting from the first blitzball game.
    When I bought the game(two days ago now), I played until I got as far as a 1-1, two minutes from the end of the first blitzball game. Anyways Tidus has his hissy fit and I was wondering if if you're ahead he's not quite so bummed about tagging Wakka in, I turned it off without saving.

but I tried again today and was clearly leading 1-0 but it's the same CG sequence. I was satisfied that it happens no matter what.

Anyways I did that and enjoyed the savage scene where Seymore summons Anima and the stupid laughing scene. I also endured the embarrassment of hearing people shout "my" name. i.e., Auron, in the game... it's just... weird.

Then I just played blitzball at the save point all ****ing evening. I love the game so much, I almost wish it was a separate, standalone game. Seriously I never loved a mini game more then Blitzball.
    I've even set myself a restriction this time: no signings; original Besaid Aurochs (and Tidus) only, and when he eventually becomes available to sign Wakka.

Datto is actually class, and a really good partner up front for Tidus.
    Tidus has his broke ass Jecht shot, but in general lower endurance then Datto, so if your two strikers are being marked far away from the goal, by one defender each, Datto is the better option; He can take the tackle early and dribble toward a free shot on goal, where as Tidus needs the Jecht Shot or risk losing possession, so you need to give him the ball near goal to avoid the shot power falling too much.
    For the first 5~10 games Datto was actually scoring more then Tidus.

I mean eventually when Tidus gets enough HP to use Jecht shot whenever he's near goal, he becomes the broken character of the Universe, but until that point, Datto's the surer bet. Plus I had the fortune of learning a good tackle technique with him, and the odd time he'd actually win the ball of a defender and just swim up and score.

I've only hit the pathway outside Luca, but if my full unbelievable love of FFX hasn't come back yet, my absolute love for Blitzball definitely has. It's only a shame there wasn't a 'hard' mode since at this stage I know the game so well it's never really a contest to win and sometime the AI is just so ****ing stupid you just think "Just ****ing shoot, you'll beat Keepa, shoot, just aim for the goal your shot is 14 and Keepa's catch is like, 8".

Blitzball love officially rekindled.

Noxin wrote: »
    Just curious if anyojne else plays like me? Making sure each character gets a turn in every battle? Makes for longer play but leaves no one out power wise.
    I play like that. Triangle for the win. It's actually a decent strategy as I have steal on Yuna & Rikku so I get items in every game too. I didn't have to grind yet because of it and my characters are doing great. Just making sure to get Overkill's whenever I can.
    Datto is actually class, and a really good partner up front for Tidus.
    Datto is one of the best forwards in the game. I have to carry Tidus at times to get experience but Datto is just a beast. He learned tackle slip there and I almost don't want to use it as it makes it a no contest. I remember in previous playthroughs I would drop Tidus altogether and pick someone else like Wakka.

What I normally do to any character who needs leveling up, I stick him in midfield. Botta & Jassu get serious points when I do this as midfielders usually have poor endurance. I just signed Svanda (?) I think her name is called from the Calm lands and let Letty go. I also lost to the Al Bhed Psyches there 2-1. Judda & Lakkam had elite defence or brawler on and it usually ended with 3 people on break. :( I find the Ronso's the easiest team by far. Bet them 9-0 last time.

I lost against the Goers in the opening game as well 2-1. Robbed with about 8 seconds to go in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I really wanted to try and beat the Aurochs this time. In all my years I always lost with like 10 or 20 seconds left. I was also worried that I would not remember how to play at all and fumble my way through a crushing loss.

Ended up beating them 3-2. First half started off great and I managed to scrape a standard goal with Tidus, but as soon as we kicked off again they tore through my defence and scored. 1-1 going into the second half, but I had done enough passing to level up some of the players and I equipped Tidus with the Jecht Shot. Got a hold of Tidus and went straight for the goal against three players. Barely survived a break and then knocked out the other two and blasted it in. Once again, we kicked off and they powered through my defence and scored. Wakka comes on and I manage to keep us level. 15 seconds left and I just go for it. 13 END versus 12 AT. Barely survived and powered through with his Venom Shot for the win.

Feckin' delighted! I mean all I got extra was a strength sphere, but I'm still happy!

6m2rvE.jpg

I can see this being the first PS3 game that I get a platinum trophy in. The only thing standing in my way is 200 goddamn lightning strikes.

I can see this being the first PS3 game that I get a platinum trophy in. The only thing standing in my way is 200 goddamn lightning strikes.

Don't remind me of that. I dread the idea of attempting it again.

Don't remind me of that. I dread the idea of attempting it again.

My best score so far is 7. I'm thinking I should wait till I get a no encounters. Rikku is getting one shotted atm so I'm thinkingi need to go back to the previous level and level her upa wee bit.

I'm in the Habit of using all my charecters in the fight.

Just play on, lv her up in the forrest or the desert if needs be, don't waste your own time going back to areas with lower exp gain if you've nothing else to collect back there.

She has a few hp nodes near the start of her grid so she'll catch up pretty quickly.

Noxin/Littlefinger definitely wait until you have no encounters :P

I generally lv everyone up equally too, but not for every single fight, it just gets too tedious, especially when most areas will have a fight nor two with weaker enemy's and relatively low exp gain.

Just play on, lv her up in the forrest or the desert if needs be, don't waste your own time going back to areas with lower exp gain if you've nothing else to collect back there.

She has a few hp nodes near the start of her grid so she'll catch up pretty quickly.

Noxin/Littlefinger definitely wait until you have no encounters :P

I've missed at least one primer if not two. I'll see how I get on tonight!

Tsk tsk, how could you :P

I'm awfully anal about making sure I get every primer as they become available. I guess you could also track back for the jecht spheres while you're at it then, thou. Well, clear the forrest 1st.

• Advertisement

Tsk tsk, how could you :P

I'm awfully anal about making sure I get every primer as they become available. I guess you could also track back for the jecht spheres while you're at it then, thou. Well, clear the forrest 1st.

well balls didn't realise I'd missed I'd missed some of them too D: . Thanks guess I'll be back grinding tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Might have just convinced my better half to start this soon. Huzzah! New thread perhaps?

You had me hooked on the last so I'll sub to the next too :P

Not got to play in the last few days. Hopefully get some time tonight.

For Rikku being one shotted, thats normal at the start. The easiest way to counter this is to have her at the beginning of each battle for a short while. She's pretty quick so quite often can get a steal in and get a second turn before mobs get their first. That way you can steal and get out without danger. It doesn't take long to get her out of that danger zone though.

I'm still torn as to what to do with Kimahri. He's at a point where I can send him into another sphere grid area. I had him going the direction of Rikku for more steals but now that I have that, I kinda want to send him elsewhere. I had thought downs Aurons path but can't get there very easily so now I'm thinking Lulus for a second high damage caster.

RedXIV wrote: »
    Might have just convinced my better half to start this soon. Huzzah! New thread perhaps?

I'd like to see how they get on with this one. It's not the cakewalk FFVII is. If you aren't overlevelling you really need your tactics to beat some bosses, Seymour in the mountains was a total nightmare for me. I never had to even bother with stat buffs in previous FF games but FFX was on par with SMT for the tactics needed for the later bosses.

Edit: BTW does this one have the advanced sphere grid? Would love to give the game a go with that.

Edit: BTW does this one have the advanced sphere grid? Would love to give the game a go with that.

Has the option at the start yes.

You had me hooked on the last so I'll sub to the next too :P

Not got to play in the last few days. Hopefully get some time tonight.

For Rikku being one shotted, thats normal at the start. The easiest way to counter this is to have her at the beginning of each battle for a short while. She's pretty quick so quite often can get a steal in and get a second turn before mobs get their first. That way you can steal and get out without danger. It doesn't take long to get her out of that danger zone though.

I'm still torn as to what to do with Kimahri. He's at a point where I can send him into another sphere grid area. I had him going the direction of Rikku for more steals but now that I have that, I kinda want to send him elsewhere. I had thought downs Aurons path but can't get there very easily so now I'm thinking Lulus for a second high damage caster.

You'll get teleport spheres at some point in the nearish future so I'd advise against tracking back or going totally out of your way. I always try to keep Kimhari in the Tidus/Auron region myself thou.

• Advertisement

I'd like to see how they get on with this one. It's not the cakewalk FFVII is. If you aren't overlevelling you really need your tactics to beat some bosses, Seymour in the mountains was a total nightmare for me. I never had to even bother with stat buffs in previous FF games but FFX was on par with SMT for the tactics needed for the later bosses.

Took me ages the first time. Had to grind to collect a load of gil and buy a load of holy waters to customise the armor for zombie-resistant or whatever it was called.

Can't wait to play it again. It's probably my favorite game.

My tactic was to alternate using shell and protect. He was one shotting me in his final form but with those on I could survive.

When the hell have shell and protect ever been useful in a FF before! :) It was probably the first time the main series was properly challenging since FFIV.

This time round I'm using the stat stacking buffs "cheer" and "focus" etc, for longer battles and bosses.
    They really pay for themselves, especially in boss battles, you can theoretically keep casting them until you're completely invincible.

My restriction is "no grinding".
    I love how cut throat the fights are, you either one hit kill something or it almost one hit kills you; Ambushes are lethal.
    On the road outside Luca, I was ambushed by a group of fairly ordinary fiends, one of them confused Tidus, who begun murdering his teammates. In the end I tagged in Yuna and had Valefor and sort them out.

The fights have a nice bite to them, and it forces you to play by the rules to make it easy, because if you don't you can very quickly find yourself looking at a game over.

Also Valefor; I love Valefor as a summon, did you know only certain monsters can actually attack her?

Enimes who don't have long range attacks or magic (lizards, wolves, monoliths etc) just helplessly stand there, and with her high evasion she evades as many attacks and she takes.

Makes you wonder how powerful her and Shiva could be if you decided to follow Lulu's route on the sphere grid (they would amplify the abundant evasion and magic).

My first play through, I sent Yuna down Auron's path as early as I could, and the likes of Ifrit became so unbelievably powerful. In subsequent playthroughs I'd use Rikku's for the initial large burst of HP spheres with some agility, before then moving on again to, Auron, Tidus or Wakka.
    but this time I'm going to try Lulu's, just to see if I can make Valefor (and possibly Shiva) my best mid-game summons. At this stage i know the system so well that going down the magic attack heavy route might be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Spoiler:
    I actually find the laughing scene completely hilarious; how the rest of the team think Yuna and Tidus have both gone nuts. In hindsight, it's very tragic when the truth is revealed and Tidus goes "all the things I said were really damn inapproriate". This game is full of those little ironies and touches. Another example I noticed was Auron waits outside the Farplane along with Rikku and appears to be in pain when a sending is happening nearby

The game is full of these little touches and subtleties that only hit you on the head later on.
    There are points when I stop and just watch the game and am stunned to think this was a remaster a 12 year old game. It's amazing what good art design that makes sense (for the world) is timeless and much more relatable than the animu, sci fi trope cluster**** that the XIII series was.

The only problems I have are the faces and the no option original soundtrack, but then I have the original anyways. A lot of the newer tracks seems to gone string mad like the XIII series is been forced on it in terms of sound and sheer unecessary noise. Why not just do re-record the original sounds with real instruments

For example this track was immersably better with the drums and propulsive beat, rising choir.

• Advertisement

Hardest part so far was having enough Ability Spheres. I ran out very quickly by the time I was at Kilika Temple. I was adamant that I wouldn't skip a single sphere so I decided to wait until I had an ability sphere before anyone could move forward.

By the time we left Luca, everyone was at a standstill and backed up with at least 4-6 spheres moves each to use. Lulu had 10. It wasn't until we encountered the Dual Horns towards the end of the Highroad that I was able to get an ability sphere. But then I kept overkilling them and they wouldn't drop the ability sphere. Eventually got one and taught Wakka Distill Ability straight away.. Since then I've been grabbing one per battle just in case.

Doesn't Yuna go past an extract ability sphere almost immediately? I always have it on her and use it when I'm short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

What a game! So I just beat Seymour on Mt.Gagazet & about to enter Zanarkand for the 1st time in about 7 years. Going to be emotional.:(

Wanted to post some tips as i had this game mastered on PS2 & am en-route to Platinum on PS3!

Ability Spheres for me were very scarce at the same time as MitchKoobski said, Got distil ability & that was sorted but i found myself running out of mana spheres late in the game so get Kimahri to learn that distil.

I also have all the Al-Bhed primers collected, the ONLY ones missable are the 3 in the Al-Bhed home & 1 before the Cloister of trials in Beville. Every other thing in this game can be returned to later & completed.

As for Kimahri, i got him to jump into Rikku's grid to learn Steal as when you're fighting Biran & Yenke on Mt.Gagazet you can Steal up to five lvl 3 unlock spheres from them. Very handy and The only ones I've managed to get so far!

Also, anyone that wants the Platinum, there is one VERY HARD & absolutely F**king annoying bronze trophy.

"Win a race with a catcher chocobo with a total time of 0:0:0"

Now, I've many hard Platinums & believe I'm capable of almost any challenge in gaming but i honestly thought it was beyond me to get this when I first tried it. I was racing continuously for about 2 hours and best i could do was 15 sec's. I was heartbroken thinking this could stop my Platinum but then i started using the Directional buttons to control the Chocobo & it was MUCH easier! Still very hard but i finally managed to do it! :D
    My stat's for achieving it were as follows:

Won race in 37 sec's, Got hit by 1 bird (plus 3 seconds) & collected 15 balloons (-3 seconds each). Won't ever have to do that Fcuking thing again! :)

Also, not sure if you guys know this, but it looks like the Gold trophy "Complete the Sphere Grids for all main characters" is bit misleading. Apparently we have to fill ALL the empty nodes on ALL characters Sphere Grids to unlock it. That means grinding the Monster Arena A LOT for the spheres to change them & move turns.

If you're using the expert Sphere Grid it's made easier as there's less nodes than the Standard but will still require a grind. None of that bothers me but thought I'd mention it in case others didn't know.

Once I get to free roam with the airship I'll be tackling the rest of the game to complete all the optional stuff, or at least make progress on it. So much Value in this game for €40. Those era's are truly gone & FFX is the last of the Greats.
    Hope any of that helps, i'll be sure to check back here to see the other tips people post & post more myself!

P.S Recruit "Brother" The Al-Bhed Airship pilot for Blitzball ASAP. He is a beast. I have him, tidus, Wakka, Rin (travel agency) & a few others mopping up games for me now! Love Blitzball! :D

I'm shuddering at the thought of the 200 lightning bolts. Was reading a thread on a different forum about trophies you would implement.

One sick individual proposed a trophy for dodging 199 bolts and then getting hit.

Also my go to must have blitzball recruit was Wedge up front along with Zev Ronso in midfield. They were the cornerstone of a team with such an impressive record,it would put the all blacks to shame.

Hardest part so far was having enough Ability Spheres. I ran out very quickly by the time I was at Kilika Temple. I was adamant that I wouldn't skip a single sphere so I decided to wait until I had an ability sphere before anyone could move forward.

I had this problem too but I just sat out and grinded for a while. Kept all ability spheres and used them on Wakka until he got extract ability. Once I did that I fought another 5 or 6 battles and used extract ability on each mob. Had about 15 then and it was enough. Shortly after, you get flooded with them.

I think I have 70+ now have not used extract ability since.

Beat Seymour & Wendigo last night. Seymour was alot easier than I remembered and Anima was a joke. It kept using boost. My melee was doing almost 2k damage so it was down in no time. It managed to use pain once on a character I think and no OD.
    Wendigo is one hard hitter though. Almost one shotting Auron and easily taking out anyone else.

Quick question re The dodge 200 lightning strikes trophy. Is it dodge 200 in a row or cumulative

In a row.... yes it is that horrible. and no you cannot save after x amount and continue later.

In a row.... yes it is that horrible. and no you cannot save after x amount and continue later.

There is going to be a lot of blood sweat and tears when I go for it.

I find that now that I'm 12 years older than when I first played it, I'm using a lot more logic for bosses and the game feels a lot easier.

Just made it to Macalania Temple, but when I first played the game it took me nearly 30 minutes to defeat the Spherimorph boss in Macalania Woods. This time around I quickly realised that attacking him results in him countering with his current element. So I had him beat in about 5 turns.

Risteard wrote: »
    I'm shuddering at the thought of the 200 lightning bolts. Was reading a thread on a different forum about trophies you would implement.

One sick individual proposed a trophy for dodging 199 bolts and then getting hit.

Also my go to must have blitzball recruit was Wedge up front along with Zev Ronso in midfield. They were the cornerstone of a team with such an impressive record,it would put the all blacks to shame.

I replayed this 3 or 4 years ago and it's actually pretty easy.

It takes about half an hour or so and you need to be in a quiet dark room and completely focused.

It helps to keep track of the number. So stand next to a tower as a base and head back to it every 10 or so - allows you to get water, answer the door or whatever without getting distracted and also jot down what number you're on.

At the time you find it in the game the goodies you get for doing it are actually very powerful - a few health spheres and the likes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement