Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due May 2015

Options
  • 02-09-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Just back from the GP where I've had it confirmed I'm due my first baby on the 1st May next year so thought I'd start a thread for us May ladies. I think my actual due date will be later as I don't have standard 28 day cycles but should definitely be first week in May. Delighted to be pregnant as we've been trying for a long time and was beginning to think we'd need help conceiving.

Anyone else out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

By the dates of my last period I'm due April 27th, but I know to within a couple of days when we conceived after that so my due date will mostly likely be early-mid May, so I'm jumping in here too :) I have my doctor's appointment to confirm it tomorrow when I think I will most likely be moving to this thread, I posted a little bit in the April thread.

How was your doctor's appointment? I feel it's going to be a bit of an anti climax, these 2 weeks since we found out have dragged so badly already!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It was funny actually - I couldn't pee to produce a sample, had to sit in the waiting room for an hour drinking 2 litres of water and then managed a dribble. As soon as I left the doctors I had to rush home as thought I was going to wet myself :rolleyes: She just did pregnancy test, checked urine for protein/infections etc, palpated my stomach to see if there was any pain, asked about had I decided what hospital etc I was going to and recommended I get the flu vaccine when it's out in a few weeks. That was pretty much it!

Ok note to self, be prepared to pee! :)

Ok note to self, be prepared to pee! :)

How did you get on - April or May baba?

How did you get on - April or May baba?

It's not until later this afternoon :)

Edit: April 30th, on the cusp of May :)

• Advertisement

Glad it went well :)

Hopefully some more May mammies will come along soon :)

Or not!!

Or not!!

Ah it's still very early to know, most won't know for another few weeks yet.

Ah it's still very early to know, most won't know for another few weeks yet.

Ah I know really I'm just excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fidge13

Looks like there'll be a May baby arriving into my house - wife produced positive test last night, real early days, but very excited all the same! We already have a near-3yo boy.

• Advertisement

You'll have your hands full so!! Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So found out this wee I'm 5 weeks gone, should be due May 17th. Our little boy will nearly be 3 by then. Slightly scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrsB2be

Hi Ladies,
    Got my BFP last week on baby number 2 :) we are only trying since last month so really surprised at how quickly it is all happening!
    Going by dates, I am due May 13th (ish) although my cycle can be really irregular so could be closer to the end of May :)

Told our parents the weekend, even though its very early days, were usually very sociable and as soon as I refuse a drink they would guess anyway! :D

Hope you are all feeling good! x

Glad there's a few people joining in! I don't really have any symptoms at the minute which of course is making me panic, can't win! I'm somewhere between 7 + 1 or 7 + 5 depending on dates, would love some morning sickness or something to reassure me... Famous last words!

Glad there's a few people joining in! I don't really have any symptoms at the minute which of course is making me panic, can't win! I'm somewhere between 7 + 1 or 7 + 5 depending on dates, would love some morning sickness or something to reassure me... Famous last words!

Of all things, don't wish for morning sickness, 24 hour nausea is rotten :( Stretching pains and cramps - irritating but tolerable, tiredness - manageable, but the nausea, it's unbearable. Want to eat nothing, but have to eat something, ugh. You and me are almost exactly the same dates, count yourself lucky from my side if it helps any bit! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

+1, I'm 6 months now and the nausea has only gone away in the last couple of weeks! Don't wish it on yourself, some women don't really get it which is brilliant.

God yeah don't be jinxing yourself! I had constant nausea from 7pm until I went asleep most nights on my first. Actually heartburn and nausea made me do a test again this time. It seems to have settled down now, but I'm not counting my chickens it usually starts later than 6/7 weeks I think.
    Have my first appointment booked already, learnt from last time :)

Found this good for checking weeks etc last time http://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-calendar-and-calculator-week-by-week

Ah spotty and Dolbert, sorry you've had such a bad time of it. I know I probably sound mad saying I want it I think I just want any sort of reassurance! I suppose that everything's ok. 12 days to my scan so hopefully when I see a heartbeat I'll relax a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ah no I get it! How many weeks are you now? Mine didn't kick in til around 8 weeks.

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    Ah no I get it! How many weeks are you now? Mine didn't kick in til around 8 weeks.

7 weeks, tiredness is kind of back today so I'm even happy about that!

7 weeks, tiredness is kind of back today so I'm even happy about that!

I'm just under 8 weeks, been sick for just over a week, praying that it goes at 12 weeks. The thoughts of possibly feeling like this for longer is horrific. My mum was nauseous until I was born :, (

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

We (the wife & I) found out yesterday. Can't tell anyone so instead I'm going to tell the internet and random strangers..... Very logical :P

I'm terrified :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maggiek1941

So so delighted for you all, I haven't got a BFP yet but if I do it would be the very end of May I think. It probably won't happen and it'll be okay if it doesn't happen this month but it's very exciting!!!

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    We (the wife & I) found out yesterday. Can't tell anyone so instead I'm going to tell the internet and random strangers..... Very logical :P

I'm terrified :eek:

Same here for me and the wife and we found out a couple of days ago, but have to go incognito due to cross over between internet and real life personas.

Have been trying for a little while, but only tied the knot very recently and not got used to referring to each other as husband and wife even yet. :)

We are getting a bit long in the tooth though, so will have to hope everything is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Can finally join one of these threads :)
    Faint BFP yesterday and much stronger this morning including 1-2 weeks on a digital clearblue!! Should be due 31st May as per the date of conception!
    Now to start thinking of hospitals and level of care. Does anyone know if an underactive thyroid makes me more likely to be considered high risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Buttercup78

I know in the Rotunda you will possibly have to attend a special clinic, and afaik if you go semi private it would be worthless as you end up in the thyroid clinic in the public section anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I know in the Rotunda you will possibly have to attend a special clinic, and afaik if you go semi private it would be worthless as you end up in the thyroid clinic in the public section anyways.

Was considering semi private in holles st but need to look into options more.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Buttercup78

Yeah check how the clinics are arranged or if you'd even need to attend one. I know I had a friend in semi in the Rotunda and she still had to attend the public speciality clinics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Blingy wrote: »
    Can finally join one of these threads :)
    Faint BFP yesterday and much stronger this morning including 1-2 weeks on a digital clearblue!! Should be due 31st May as per the date of conception!
    Now to start thinking of hospitals and level of care. Does anyone know if an underactive thyroid makes me more likely to be considered high risk?

Snap! I got my BFP today with an estimated due date of 31st May too :)
    Very excited as this will be our first.

Advertisement