Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Fantasy X HD

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

With your entire team on Max Stats and Celestial Weapons, Kimahri's only role end game is his counter attacking. Other wise he's 'a tactical spare'.

The only fight worth grooming him for, more so then other team mates is Dark Bahamut. You can customise Kimahri's armour to suit Dark Bahamut, (against whom counter attack is very effective) without spoiling armour or customizations for Tidus or Wakka (the other two counter attackers) and he can give the team protect/shell quickly as well with mighty guard (Rikku's are better be she doesn't counter attack)

Counter attack works well enough on the second form of Penance too. He spams Immolation which is counter-attack-able and a free 99999 providing they survive the somewhat random damage.
    At one stage of our long battle I had Kimahri, Wakka and Tidus out, Whomever he hit with Immolation they were getting a free swing back at him, so the counter attacks were chipping at him, which let me use their actual turns for healing and dealing to the arms.

A second use for Kimahri (and other team mates who lose their purpose end game) is, he was one of my designated team mates who didn't have auto phoenix: auto phoenix is a mixed blessing when you have 60000+ HP since it only heals 9999.

Having designated team members who do not have auto phoenix, means you can use Full-life; vital when you're soon to face a mega graviton:
    Barring Rikku's Overdrive, it is impossible to get a auto-pheonixed teammate's HP to above a level that Mega Graviton wouldn't kill them. Therefore, when the going gets tough, against the sisters and Anima, and even Penance, I use Kimarhi and the team mates that don't have auto phoenix in the front line.
    That way, when someone died it only took one turn to get the dead team mate to full health, rather then them being revived to 9999 and then having no way besides a rikku overdrive or using multiple turns to get them to a level they can survive the next attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Working on greater sphere now to get my luck spheres, I used Tidus to lay the path to 255 on everything bar luck obviously, once everyone is maxed out ( maybe 150 on luck will do me ) ill sort out my armour then im ready for the final few big battles. With all this grinding ive lost all love for this game even though ive seen monsters i never saw when i originally played it years ago.

Got Auron to 255 strength then cleared the Omega dungeons! Now to go back to the Omega Dungeon and inside sin to capture everything I'm missing so I can complete the sphere grid for everyone. Then I gotta get the 5 treasure chests in that stupid race >.<

Finally at a point where I can farm Don Tonberry, however I'm wondering is it worth it to farm the ultimate buster for three of the weapons with Triple AP, Triple OD, and OD-> AP then customise the remaining weapons with the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

FFX-2
    The blitz ball is retarted.

It took me 8 hours of the least fun stat grinding I;ve ever sat through to hit max stats.

I'm now statistically superior to the AL bhed, but what doe my team do?

Shinra passes the ball to the last defender, who casually swims though every single opponant while getting tackled and when she gets to the middle of the pitch PASSING IT ****ING BACKWARDS to a team mate who does the same thing (swims through opponent after opponent).

My entire team is capable of instantly passing the ball to paine who has 40 something endurance and 91 Shoot, but all the do is pass it back and forth until they lose possession. in their own half.

Whats worse if I change the tactic to "pass the ****ing ball to the forward" they pass it to Paine alright, who rather then TAKES THE BALL AND SCORE A GUARANTEED GOAL WITH HER 90 ****ING SHOOT" she "set's up 'X' for the volley". 'X 'being a random team mate down the field somewhere, who catches the ball, and the passes it back to her and she sets them up again for a non existent volley , over and over until possession is lost.

when the Albhed gwt possession though, it;s striaght to business: they pass it to their forward, who instantly tries a corkscrew shot. when Shinra saves the shot (he had 72 catch, the highest it can be) he passes it to a defender and the whole thing starts again, or he deflects it and the Al Behd get infinite Vollies until it eventually goes it, or the game runes out of time.

FFX-2 is the worst RPG I've ever played and I hope SE go bankrupt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

FFX-2 is the worst RPG I've ever played and I hope SE go bankrupt.

Jaysus! So, I've just got the Platinum on FFXHD after 119 hours. Love that game but never played or had a desire to play X-2 due to everyone's negative opinions on it. Was thinking I should experience it after finishing X but I think I'll permanently pass over it now. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Klair88 wrote: »
    Jaysus! So, I've just got the Platinum on FFXHD after 119 hours. Love that game but never played or had a desire to play X-2 due to everyone's negative opinions on it. Was thinking I should experience it after finishing X but I think I'll permanently pass over it now. Cheers!

Tbf, it's an enjoyable game (aside from that stupid blitzball which they ****ed up) Just don't expect FFX.

I think it's worth a play if you've already bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

I just bought the PS Vita version from the PS Store for €20. Looking forward to playing them after I finish Persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

i remember playing this back when i still have ps2, i really enjoyed this game, but ff9 still rock for me on all ff series! and also ff tactics ehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I'm really struggling to finish FF X hd, im inside Sin now, the boss fights are typically final fantasy tough (unless you grind out the cheese), but the unskippable cut scenes and now the annoying crystal collection really annoy me (where you get ambushed by an auto party confuse maralabo). The game is an ergonomic nightmare as well, I foolishly took a black magic spell on yuna and now i have to scroll down all the way down to white magic and then all the way down to relevant spells in that list. Every character seems to have the same issue, hurray for use on rikku. Not to mention try to scroll through every crappy item just to get to the good stuff in customize.Targeting can be a royal pain as well sometimes ending up with a heal on a boss. I cant imagine more of a nightmare than trying to 100% this game. I havent felt like giving up just an hour or so away from beating a game ,but damn its annoying.

It was fun at the start because the despite the high random attack rate the plot advanced at a reasonable rate, but after the calm lands its fustrating moving a quater screen, entering a menu scroll fest and then moving another quater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I'm guessing you've spent no time doing any side quests then? Even one or two ultimate weapons would make a huge difference, plus doing side quests can be a bit of fun and build up character levels along the way as well as getting some more equipment/items.

It's handy enough to fly up the levels within sin, just have a little patience, if you're having so much trouble with status ailments, create Armour which defends against them. Omega ruins is the real spot for level grinding, unless you do the ap>overdrive trick against dark aeons/monster arena fiends.

A bit of googling will teach you a lot!

Go through your settings by the way, you can set your cursor to memorize a characters last action in battle. Saves you a lot of time when selection actions fights..

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask here and people will help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

I just rooted out my old ps2 and found this, Odin sphere, persona 4 & dragon quest viii, should keep me busy for a few years!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Was announced that it's also going to be ported to ps4.

That news reminded me that I still had two trophies to get. Maxing out Lulu was a pain. Suck it Penance, finally got my platinum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Gotta love squares advertising. I mean i held out the last 2 years but the patch for audio and randomization issues sold me.

https://xmail.square-enix.com/fe/view/p3y4cotoc4pi/0387d2de6a7e9d8c9d42dc639dbbc05d/79/en/email.html/eyJ1c2VyIjp7ImxhbmciOiJlbiIsImNvdW50cnkiOiJJRSIsImxvY2FsZSI6ImVuX0lFIn19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

What does the randomization part mean?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What does the randomization part mean?

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/04/final-fantasy-x-hd-ps4-patch-will-make-random-battles-random/

In the PS4 version random battles aren't actually random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is there any cross play/cross buy with between the PS4 and Vita versions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Is there any cross play/cross buy with between the PS4 and Vita versions?

There is a cross save feature but it is not cross buy.

Advertisement