Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Anyone else have serious baby brain?!

Was shopping today - parked on 1st floor so walked down 1 flight of stairs when I was finished I said no won`t take the lift as only one stairs then remembered I came down those stairs so had to look for the UP stairs :eek: no I don`t mean escalator D`uh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I don't think baby brain has set in yet, though tiredness certainly and this is making me act like a dope. I'm really really exhausted but I don't think it's just pregnancy, I've just been non stop with work and other sh1te and I just want to stay in bed all day tomorrow.

OH is at his 2nd work party tonight, I didn't even get one at my work (though I'm grateful I still have a job).

8 weeks tomorrow, holy bejesus! I don't think this is all going to seem real til I get a scan next Friday, I really can't wait.

Has anyone else had a scan at 9 weeks and what could you make out?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Welcome purple monkey - I`d say tell your boyfriend, let it sink in for a few weeks then tell your parents around the 12week mark?
    It`s a lot to take in so take the time now to sort out details, exams in april/may?, due July/aug? Baby care in sept/oct?
    It`s a lot for me and I`m a selfemployed 36.5yr old with no time off to have a baby unless I close my business for 5/6 weeks during the busy summer!!
    We`ll figure these things out along the way...
    Mink - I had a scan at 8 weeks 4 days and "he" looks like a jellybaby with a pulsating bit, the heartbeat!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Mink wrote: »
    I don't think baby brain has set in yet, though tiredness certainly and this is making me act like a dope. I'm really really exhausted but I don't think it's just pregnancy, I've just been non stop with work and other sh1te and I just want to stay in bed all day tomorrow.

OH is at his 2nd work party tonight, I didn't even get one at my work (though I'm grateful I still have a job).

8 weeks tomorrow, holy bejesus! I don't think this is all going to seem real til I get a scan next Friday, I really can't wait.

I'm getting a scan on Tuesday, Hospital think I'm a week and a half earlier than what I think which would make me 9.5 weeks by then( I think I'm 11)
    But I'll post my scan on here for ya!!X

• Registered Users Posts: 8 maeby

Like Fri.Day I had a scan at 8w4d and had to laugh at her description- it's bang on. Like a little jelly bean. we could see a yolk sac too so it kind of gave me a kick to eat a bit healthier.
    I was suffering with nausea for a few weeks and it was getting worse and peaked last Tuesday where I couldn't eat anything all day. Then woke up on Wednesday feeling different- and it had gone!! Still no sign of it. So I'm going to take advantage and eat lots of healthy food that I couldn't stomach last week- I was living on crackers and original hula hoops!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

10 weeks today! Woohoo! Can't believe how quickly the last four weeks have gone since I found out, before I know it, I will be in the second trimester :)

My gp's office said they would send off the form thing for combined care to the local health centre or wherever it was to go, but I haven't heard anything back? That's 4 weeks ago now. Shld I ring the docs office, surely I shld have had a letter or something by now?

Hi everyone!

Still worrying even thou scan found heartbeat the other day. I was so happy I didn`t take everything in - the baby measures 2.8mm and hb is only 89 both figures should be more there just slightly off if you look online. They schedueled another scan in 2 weeks they said because of my history of miscarriage but I can`t help thinking maybe it was cause of the numbers.

Worried sick again :( Anyone else see similar figures at 6 weeks (I thought I was 6w 5d but they dated 6w1d, I know any discrepancy of less than a week isn`t a cause for concern so that didn`t bother me). I wish I could turn my brain off!

Here`s my scan by the way :

theg81der wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Still worrying even thou scan found heartbeat the other day. I was so happy I didn`t take everything in - the baby measures 2.8mm and hb is only 89 both figures should be more there just slightly off if you look online. They schedueled another scan in 2 weeks they said because of my history of miscarriage but I can`t help thinking maybe it was cause of the numbers.

Worried sick again :( Anyone else see similar figures at 6 weeks (I thought I was 6w 5d but they dated 6w1d, I know any discrepancy of less than a week isn`t a cause for concern so that didn`t bother me). I wish I could turn my brain off!

I don't know much about scans but I think the fact that they could even see a heartbeat at that early a stage is brilliant. A lot of scanning places say not to bother coming in til 7/8 weeks as often can't see the heartbeat before then. Plus I think it's normal for the bpm to be around that as the little bean's heart would have only just started beating properly. It's only 4 days off your dates so I really wouldn't worry about it.

I know that's easier said than done then, I'll still be worrying even if everything shows up perfect at the 9 wk scan. When is your next scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

kildareash wrote: »
    10 weeks today! Woohoo! Can't believe how quickly the last four weeks have gone since I found out, before I know it, I will be in the second trimester :)

My gp's office said they would send off the form thing for combined care to the local health centre or wherever it was to go, but I haven't heard anything back? That's 4 weeks ago now. Shld I ring the docs office, surely I shld have had a letter or something by now?

I'm over 10 weeks too, and haven't heard zip from the doc or the hospital.
    I'm going to call my GP on Monday, I want my scan dammit!

Theg81der, you said it yourself - they are just slightly off. You had a heartbeat. This is a GREAT sign. Focus on that. Worrying is doing you and your baby no favours, so make a conscious effort to stop.

I personally can't wait for week 12 when I should be able to get a home Doppler, to take away the constant underlying fear that maybe something has gone wrong, but until then, I am just sending my baby happy, positive, it's all going to be OK thoughts :)

• Advertisement

While googling for "8 weeks pregnant" I came across some things that made me feel a bit better. In one place it said that a woman would usually have put on 1-3lbs by that point. When I worked out my weight I was actually 150lbs before got preg (I think I convinced myself I was lighter :D) so now I'm nearly 154 so not too bad.

Also my blood volume has increased 45-50% so I think that accounts for quite a bit. It makes sense now as I've been drinking the same amount of fluids as before I got preg but I actually don't pee very much at all and when I do (tmi warning) it's dark and strong smelling which tells me that what I am drinking is getting absorbed to make this extra blood and fluid. In other words, I'm dehydrated big time!

As I said before I get a sore lower back (have done on and off for yonks) but the past week or so I've been getting a sharp pain in one of my buttocks when I turn a certain way or walk (sciatica) and this is normal cos my uterus is probably putting pressure on my sciatic nerve. Nothing really I can do about this until 2nd trimester as chiro won't treat it til then.

In a nutshell I don't feel as much like a freaky blimp, these things are normal ;)

Another personal question for those brave enough to answer... anyone doing the wild thing? We haven't since found out I'm preg. Mainly because I've been feeling off & sore but also my OH is a little bit freaked out re causing damage. I have this feeling that if we did attempt anything it would hurt as my cervix is quite low and it can get knocked around by getting jiggy with it even without being pregnant and it's not a nice sensation at all! I guess we're just going to play it by ear and see if we want to in the weeks ahead. It's weird not doing it though as we're normally a 2-3 times a wk couple!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Mink on the dehydration: hard and all as it is try to increase what your drinking: even with ice pops or ice cubes: dehydration will increase any of your symptoms: esp nausea and tiredness... and trust me I know it is so much easier said than done!

And god no he hasnt been near me: just way too sick for that!!

I got my stuff for combined care after 5 weeks, but still haven't got appt for hosp for scan and all... going to get onto doc about it if I havent heard this week.

Can't wait for my scan on Tuesday-Wishing the hours away till I see baby again.. theg81der, were you asked to come back in 2weeks by the EPU?
    I was too but I don't know whether to go there or maternity dept..

javagal wrote: »
    Can't wait for my scan on Tuesday-Wishing the hours away till I see baby again.. theg81der, were you asked to come back in 2weeks by the EPU?
    I was too but I don't know whether to go there or maternity dept..

My understanding was to go to the EPU because they said here in 2 weekss. Are you Drogheda aswell? I know what you mean I feel like a scan junkie wish I could have one attached to me.

theg81der wrote: »
    My understanding was to go to the EPU because they said here in 2 weekss. Are you Drogheda aswell? I know what you mean I feel like a scan junkie wish I could have one attached to me.

Scan Junkie lol!
    No I'm in Portlaoise- have my first official scan on Jan 9th. Have an exam that day so I may postpone it :(

Scan Junkie lol!
    No I'm in Portlaoise- have my first official scan on Jan 9th. Have an exam that day so I may postpone it :(

4.1 is going to be my 2nd. I`m worried but I take my new constant morning sickness as a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Well girls at nearly 10 weeks I thought I was safe from morning sickness, but no. I am now the proud owner of not morning sickness, but night sickness.
    I get really really tired from about 7pm on, and that's when the queasiness starts. Had my first (tmi) puke tonight. Darn it anyway! Hopefully it's a once off.
    Had a bit of a disaster as well today. By a freak coincidence someone mentioned to my mom about me being pregnant. She was extremely upset I hadn't told her. I was upset I didn't get to tell her as I was looking forward to telling her on Christmas day....

silly wrote: »
    Well girls at nearly 10 weeks I thought I was safe from morning sickness, but no. I am now the proud owner of not morning sickness, but night sickness.
    I get really really tired from about 7pm on, and that's when the queasiness starts. Had my first (tmi) puke tonight. Darn it anyway! Hopefully it's a once off.
    Had a bit of a disaster as well today. By a freak coincidence someone mentioned to my mom about me being pregnant. She was extremely upset I hadn't told her. I was upset I didn't get to tell her as I was looking forward to telling her on Christmas day....

o no that sucks! kill whoever it was and blame the hormones :D

Oh no Silly, my heart sank when I read your post.
    I've been feeling good for the last couple of days, the thoughts of it coming back just makes me wanna cry!

Sorry your mum found out that way. Must be so upsetting for you both.

Aw silly, thats so frustrating! People with big mouths should get a clip across the ear every time they open them in my opinion :(

But I am sure your Mum will understand that you were hoping for a big Christmas day revelation

My morning sickness comes and goes now, some days it's really bad, oteher days I get nothing - I have found original hulahoops to be the only cure. Hopefully, you'll only get a mild dose - or just the once off!
    Mink wrote:
    Another personal question for those brave enough to answer... anyone doing the wild thing? We haven't since found out I'm preg. Mainly because I've been feeling off & sore but also my OH is a little bit freaked out re causing damage. I have this feeling that if we did attempt anything it would hurt as my cervix is quite low and it can get knocked around by getting jiggy with it even without being pregnant and it's not a nice sensation at all! I guess we're just going to play it by ear and see if we want to in the weeks ahead. It's weird not doing it though as we're normally a 2-3 times a wk couple!

Hubby got back into the country on Friday (yay!) and we did get jiggy with it, but just the once since Friday, which in fairness is a lot less than we would have done pre-pregnancy. I've just been so tired that I'm not full of my usual enthusiasm, if you know what I mean. Luckily, he's being very understanding - and I'm sure we can make up for lost time in the second trimester.:D

In other news, I called my GP and they told me to call the maternity hospital, and voila, I have my scan on the 5th of Jan.Hubby will be back in Berlin, so he's a bit sad to miss it - but I'm sure he'll make the next one.

It's at 8:30 in the morning, so I shouldn't have too long to wait. I am really looking forward to it!

• Advertisement

Ooh I'm so excited for tomorrow!!!!

This week, rather than hate veggies, I am now craving yoghurts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Good luck tommorrow Javagirl - everytime I eat my yoghurt I say "mmmm baby bones" :D
    Mink no jiggy since the actual baby making time, we`re cautious enough since I miscarried last time so we`re kind erring on the safe side, honestly not missing it cos of the morning sickness which is now exclusively "evening" sickness. Can`t wait for after 13 weeks - he won`t know what hit him!!!
    I haven`t got any appointments from hospital yet, I recently moved house so I might check out the old address just in case. Although I`m in Galway so no scans til 20/22 weeks. I got a private scan anyway at 8weeks4days so that helped me relax a bit more..
    Saturday morning I went through nearly all trousers to get any to fit me, had to go to work with the top button open in the end...
    So I given in and got a lovely pair of stretchy pants in dunnes for €12 Bargain!! I was a size 6 then 8 and now I`m a size 10 at 8st6lbs up 6lbs
    A nice woman said to me today I "looked" pregnant, at 10 weeks tomorrow I`m surprised at my bump, thought I wouldn`t show til 16/18 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hi Everyone.

Hope all doing well. I had a scan last week, whcih was great to see things were all fine, By my calculations I should be 11 weeks+1, they say 9+2, but not sure how this works as by my calculations this is not possible as I would have tested positive before was even pregnant if this was the case???

Feel totally blown up, guessing it just bloating, my clothes feel uncomfortable and I hate anything tight aroung my waist at the best of times! think Ill be going shopping over the xmas holidays for some stretchy pants or something!

We told both our families last week after the scan, they were all shocked but delighted - my mum even dropped the phone when I told her!

have a bit of a deliema - am in the process of being offered a new job in the HSE, they approached me as a suitable position has become funded, dont know whether to keep my mouth shut or if I should say something? Not as if its a small businesss that would be totally affected by recruiting someone then soon after off on maternity? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This shld be my last up the walls busy day in work till the new year! Woohoo!
    Can't wait to be able to take it a bit easier over the next couple of days. Hopefully I won't be as exhausted in the evenings

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone.

Hope all doing well. I had a scan last week, whcih was great to see things were all fine, By my calculations I should be 11 weeks+1, they say 9+2, but not sure how this works as by my calculations this is not possible as I would have tested positive before was even pregnant if this was the case???

Feel totally blown up, guessing it just bloating, my clothes feel uncomfortable and I hate anything tight aroung my waist at the best of times! think Ill be going shopping over the xmas holidays for some stretchy pants or something!

We told both our families last week after the scan, they were all shocked but delighted - my mum even dropped the phone when I told her!

have a bit of a deliema - am in the process of being offered a new job in the HSE, they approached me as a suitable position has become funded, dont know whether to keep my mouth shut or if I should say something? Not as if its a small businesss that would be totally affected by recruiting someone then soon after off on maternity? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Same happened with me kiwi about the dating.
    But my dates were right and I am very delighted to say I am 11+1..

Girls,
    Cuteness!!!

Edit: baby was asleep when I went for scan and didn't wanna move(lazy like its parents) and after 5 mins of poking and proding it did a "lil feck off please "flip for us!!

Hi Everyone.

I can't figure out the dating system at all - I find it so bizarre that you can be pregnant when the baby is nothing more than a twinkle in your eye!
    Hi Everyone.

I would probably wait until I had the job - I know this might be considered bad form, but as you say - it is not a small company that will be badly affected by your maternity leave, and that would swing the balance for me. If this is a job that you really want, then I wouldn't want to let your pregnancy influence it.
    kildareash wrote: »
    This shld be my last up the walls busy day in work till the new year! Woohoo!
    Can't wait to be able to take it a bit easier over the next couple of days. Hopefully I won't be as exhausted in the evenings

Yay! My boss went on vacation last friday, so it's been a light-ish week.
    But I cannot wait to go to France on Thursday! Remember to put your feet up!
    Girls,
    Cuteness

Aw, Java - that's absoluetely dotey :)

I had a dentist appointment today, one of my fillings fell out. :(
    So now my face is numb and I'm feeling decidedly sorry for myself.
    But my dentist said that gum disease and gingivitis can easily be caused by pregnancy, so she reccommends all pregnant women get their teeth cleaned during their pregnancy, in case any of you are overdue a checkup. I've got to go in after christmas to get that done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Loving the scan photos girls! So cute!

Well we have all our families told bar my brother (who I'm telling this eve) this will be a toughy as they have just decided to give up trying after numerous failed ivf treatments.

Both families were delighted except my husband mother... Doesn't surprise me really.
    The three hardest things he has had to do ever was to tell her that he was going out with me ( single mother shock horror!) the second was that we were engaged (said she wasn't going- but she did) and this, telling her that I'm pregnant. She thought it was "too soon". We are married since sept and got pregnant in Oct. So I dont see what's wrong with that!!! I'll be 32 giving birth and my husband is 36. Did she think we should wait until he was 40!!!!

Makes me do mad when she puts a dampner on every happy occasion with her old fashioned views!

Anyway, any good apps I can download?? Now that everyone knows its safe to have this stuff on my phone.

Loving the scan photos girls! So cute!

Well we have all our families told bar my brother (who I'm telling this eve) this will be a toughy as they have just decided to give up trying after numerous failed ivf treatments.

Both families were delighted except my husband mother... Doesn't surprise me really.
    The three hardest things he has had to do ever was to tell her that he was going out with me ( single mother shock horror!) the second was that we were engaged (said she wasn't going- but she did) and this, telling her that I'm pregnant. She thought it was "too soon". We are married since sept and got pregnant in Oct. So I dont see what's wrong with that!!! I'll be 32 giving birth and my husband is 36. Did she think we should wait until he was 40!!!!

Makes me do mad when she puts a dampner on every happy occasion with her old fashioned views!

Anyway, any good apps I can download?? Now that everyone knows its safe to have this stuff on my phone.

I have the What to Expect When You're Expecting app & I find it quote good. It's free too.

Re your mother-in-law, I would not try to see any rationality or reason in any of her opinions. You guys don't need that sort of negativity & bregrudgery. In fact I'd tell her & your OH you don't want to hear anything from her unless it's good/nice.
    I've learnt the hard way that there is no pleasing people like that and they actually genuinely want you to feel bad to some degree, don't let it get to you, recognise where she is at and don't let it ruin such a special time in your life.

/rant :o

Same happened with me kiwi about the dating.
    But my dates were right and I am very delighted to say I am 11+1..

Girls,
    Cuteness!!!

Edit: baby was asleep when I went for scan and didn't wanna move(lazy like its parents) and after 5 mins of poking and proding it did a "lil feck off please "flip for us!!

Delighted for you java.... *can't wait for my scaaaaannnnn!!*

• Advertisement

Delighted for you java.... *can't wait for my scaaaaannnnn!!*

Thanks everyone!! On cloud 9 today!! My mam has taken 11 weeks to mean she can now put it on facebook!!kinda coming around to the realisation that on 9th July I will be a Mother!! And I will have to buy Grandmother cards for My mam's birthday on the 13th July lol!

Mink, are you still getting your scan Friday? Is your OH going?? It's amazing- My OH kinda doesn't usually get the whole cooing around a scan picture thing. Today he has it in his wallet!

So Happy my baby is safe and healthy-Couldn't ask for a better present!

Advertisement