Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

kooga wrote: »
    it all depends who you get

i am currently on april may june at 9.99 a month

just rang to see what i could get and was offered july august at 12.99 a month then in september it would revert back up to 19.99 a month.

anyway no budging her so gave my notice to cancel, not to bothered about not having setanta over the summer.

Bet you get a phone call in late June!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

I cancelled and they rang me with 9.99 for 3 mnths. if they offered 12 months for that price or a year for 100 euro id prob take it but the thing about ringing or contacting them every 3 months gets confusing and u end up paying 19.99 for a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

varberg wrote: »
    I cancelled and they rang me with 9.99 for 3 mnths. if they offered 12 months for that price or a year for 100 euro id prob take it but the thing about ringing or contacting them every 3 months gets confusing and u end up paying 19.99 for a couple of months.

I just put a reminder in my phone and call them well in advance of 30 days notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I just put a reminder in my phone and call them well in advance of 30 days notice.

+1,my next call is due in 3 weeks.I've been on a deal rate with them for nigh on 3 years at this stage.

It's actually as cheap to keep it for the Summer than cancelling & signing up again as they charge a connection fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,309 ✭✭✭✭muffler

zerks wrote: »
    It's actually as cheap to keep it for the Summer than cancelling & signing up again as they charge a connection fee.
    While they can of course charge for the reconnection they use it more as a sales pitch to hold on to customers who are cancelling or when they make some big offer of "sign up before <insert date> and connection is free"

I have left and rejoined Setanta 5 or 6 times over the last 3 or 4 years and never paid a connection / reconnection fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭kooga

MrFrisp wrote: »
    I emailed them to cancel on Wednesday.

They mailed me back yesterday to offer me the package again for €9.99 per month for 3 months.

For that price I took it.

as above i followed up with an email confirming my cancellation got an email reply saying sorry to see you go...................but no decent retention offer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mason Storm

Why did I get cut off today when I paid for the month?

Why did I get cut off today when I paid for the month?
    You do know that this is Boards.ie and not the Sky call centre? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

muffler wrote: »
    You do know that this is Boards.ie and not the Sky call centre? :)

Or Setanta

• Advertisement

Or Setanta
    Good spot :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mine expired yesterday and I got the call to extend. Offered me €9.99 for 4 months but I'd hardly watch it through the Summer so just not worth it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 26 GrewUS

Why do I have tv with upc..... 16 euro a month for the pack no special offer

GrewUS wrote: »
    Why do I have tv with upc..... 16 euro a month for the pack no special offer

it would be worth making a call to upc to cancel your setanta i wouldn't be surprised if they offered you a 20% discount off your setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I got Jan-Apr for 9.99 a month. Totally forgot to cancel and was charged 19.99 for May and June....40 quid down the drain :(!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just cancelled via email, very hassle free.

I was signed up for April, May, and June for €9.99 a month, and now my access will be switched off first week in August.

Been on these deals since December, very good bargain alert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Just cancelled via email, very hassle free.

I was signed up for April, May, and June for €9.99 a month, and now my access will be switched off first week in August.

Been on these deals since December, very good bargain alert.

What details do you need to give in the email ??

Also what is the address thanks.

What details do you need to give in the email ??

Also what is the address thanks.

setantacsire@setanta.mgtplc.com

name and account number and tell them when you want to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Just rang them up and they offered me 12.99 for two months, declined and said i heard i could get it for €9.99 for 3 months. She went away for a minute and came back and said yeah she could do it. Nice little saving over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

If you got the 99c in December, and got the offers that were being offered since when should we be cancelling? Or should we have cancelled already?

stuba wrote: »
    If you got the 99c in December, and got the offers that were being offered since when should we be cancelling? Or should we have cancelled already?

how long did they give you?

if you had December at .99 you would of got the next three months at 9.99 and unless you rang them up after that you would be paying 19.99 a month..............check your credit card bill

• Advertisement

stuba wrote: »
    Have you checked your bank account lately? Just make sure you're sitting down when you do so and then phone Setanta after that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

I got the three months from jan to march but for the life of me can't remember did they give me 3 months again at 9.99 again after that or just the two, I'd swear it was the 3 months but just been up the wall with work to ring them. Did anyone else get April May June aswell or was it just April and May they were offering?

I got three months at 9.99 and 2 at 12.99. Rang to cancel end of April. I see it's gone off, so I miss the final of the Top 14 rugby in France - but sure it's on TV5, so I don't care. I doubt I'll got back - top 14 is going to Sky next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I have eircoms evision, you can get satanta pack for 2 months free, no minium notice period either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

After the €1 for December, as others have also done, I was offered the €9.99 for the next 3 months. When that was about to expire rang again to cancel hoping they'd offer me something again since it had the end of season footie and some big UFC events. They offered the same deal but for 2 months and of course I snap accepted.

Emailed them during the week to cancel again since this one is expiring in a couple of days and lo-and-behold the rang me yesterday offering €9.99 for the next 2 months again. I'll be gone away (where BT is free in England but no Setanta) so there's no point getting it obviously but I'll try and get it again when I'm back to have for Premier League etc.

Can see them being very lenient with people trying to sign up come the start of the new season that they "can't afford Sky Sports" but would like an alternative; mention the €9.99 or so and they'd give it to you.

Very good service with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Got the €9.99 deal until the end of September there. (started with the €1.00 deal in December)

I just keep on emailing to cancel and they offer me the 3 months again, great deal with the footie back in August, and hopefully we can get another cheap 3 month stint.

Who would have thought that this offer in December would generate so much interest.....approaching 1,000 posts here!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,890 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

vienne86 wrote: »
    Who would have thought that this offer in December would generate so much interest.....approaching 1,000 posts here!!!!

I have to say for someone who doesn't/can't afford Sky Sports this really have been a great value bargin to be able to see sport.

Well done and fair play to Setanta and to the OP for putting it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dancun99

Hi there all.....Was not one of the lucky ones to see this deal in December.....Could anyone tell me how I would go about getting a 9.99euro deal for 3 months.....what number to ring etc. and what to say.....The basketball finals are coming up so it's a cheaper alternative to NBA League Pass.....

setanta 0818203040

ring them and ask them straight out what deal can they give you. and let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If anyone has evision from Eircom you can get BT sports, Setanta sports and ESPN for free for the next two months.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If anyone has evision from Eircom you can get BT sports, Setanta sports and ESPN for free for the next two months.

How would i get this? Do i phone Setanta or evision?

contact eircom but to get evision you must be in an efibre area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

scudzilla wrote: »
    How would i get this? Do i phone Setanta or evision?

Well, if you have evision just ring Eircom. I rang yesterday and got the Irish HD channels and those sports channels for free.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

anyway got a call from setanta, my sub was due to expire at the end of the month. Next four months at €9.99 a month. Took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mac1961

anyway got a call from setanta, my sub was due to expire at the end of the month. Next four months at €9.99 a month. Took it.

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

This is on the Eircom site. You're probably better off waiting until mid August to activate the Setanta if you're a football fan

You may sign up to this offer anytime up to 30th September 2014. It is open to all new and existing eVision customers who do not already have Setanta Sports. Please contact us on 1901 and one of our agents will be happy to set you up. Billing for the service will start automatically 2 months from when you sign up. The monthly charge would be €16 in month 3. If you wish to cancel at any time during the free period please contact 1901.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Had a call 15 minutes ago. She wanted to do a short survey. I said the football is on and it was a bad time.

OK she said - 4 months half price. Short and sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Me too. Brings it up to end of Oct. That'll be 11 months in total with most of them at 9.99 :) Great bargin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anyone else pay for June and get cut off early?
    I don't know how long it's cut off because the only sport I have been watching is the World Cup.
    I paid for April May and June and I called them on the last day of May to cancel.

blade1 wrote: »
    Anyone else pay for June and get cut off early?
    I don't know how long it's cut off because the only sport I have been watching is the World Cup.
    I paid for April May and June and I called them on the last day of May to cancel.
    If you called them to cancel on 30 May then you would be cut off on 29 June which is today :)

If you called them to cancel on 30 May then you would be cut off on 29 June which is today :)

The end of today????

The end of today????
    I would have thought so but honestly I have no idea how they work when it comes to the actual time of day that the viewing signal will be blocked.

I would have thought so but honestly I have no idea how they work when it comes to the actual time of day that the viewing signal will be blocked.
    I don't think i have looked at it all month.
    Went to look at the MotoGp this morning an nothing..:mad::mad:
    Typical..:pac:

Sorry, I was counting wrong in a way. There's actually 31 days in May (I was thinking 30 initially) so it would have been the 31st you cancelled in which case you shouldn't really but cut off until tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I was counting wrong in a way. There's actually 31 days in May (I was thinking 30 initially) so it would have been the 31st you cancelled in which case you shouldn't really but cut off until tomorrow.

I emailed them so I'll see what they say.

If you cancelled on the 31st of May today is 30 days since that day including that day.

I would say that's what they will tell you.

Should it matter what day you cancel?
    If June is paid for,you should get up to and including the last day of June!

Should it matter what day you cancel?
    If June is paid for,you should get up to and including the last day of June!

Honestly I don't know.

I am just guessing that they take the 30 day notice literally and cancel subs 30 days from when they get notice to cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Honestly I don't know.

I am just guessing that they take the 30 day notice literally and cancel subs 30 days from when they get notice to cancel.

No, I usually ring well before 30 day notice. Haven't been cut off yet as they always call with new offer first.
    They do say I'm paid up till end of month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement