Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous people you've met!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Pope John Paul

Pierce Brosnan

Colin Farrell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

when i was a babba i met oliver reed (i was him get in a fight with alex higgins but i don't remember it) before he died in o'briens pub in churchtown!!!!!!! and that one from primetime and mindless self indulgence

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider.
    Didn't like Adam at all to be honest but Rob was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Mary McAleese, Brendan Gleeson, Mark Selby, Kila, but the best of all....FORTYCOATS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

really? i thought adam was supposed to be sound!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Luna192

Mary McAleese.

Micheal Flatley.

All of Westlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Luna192 wrote: »
    Mary McAleese.

Micheal Flatley.

All of Westlife.
    Jeez; I never heard that Mary Mac and the walking (dancing?) ego were in Westlife. Fair play Louis!
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Luna192

blueser wrote: »
    Jeez; I never heard that Mary Mac and the walking (dancing?) ego were in Westlife. Fair play Louis!
    :P

He felt Westlife were lacking a bit in personality so threw those 2 into the mix to 'spice' it up a bit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Luna192 wrote: »
    He felt Westlife were lacking a bit in personality so threw those 2 into the mix to 'spice' it up a bit ;)
    A bit????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Jack Chartlon,Ken Doherty,Steven Gerrard,Robbie Keane,Kenny Dalgish,Phil Thompson,David Bentley,Didi Hamann,Jamie Carragher,Mikeal Artea and im sure there is a few more,i forget..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Met David Hasslehoff in Templebar one night. I said "Your David Hasslehoff" he said "no way!" embarrassingly true story :rolleyes:

Louis Walsh in Smithfield.

Gordon Smith.

Gerry Adams.

Met and shook hands with Glen Hansard and Colm Mac Con Iomaire on Jervis street. They were very nice.

My bro nearly knocked Christy Dignam from Aslan down on the quays one time!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Just had Brent Pope come to our office, he's doing some charity work we're involved in. Thoroughly nice fella....

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

Pope Benedict in Rome, I shook his hand and he said God bless you child :D well happy I was.
    Chris de burg and Mel Gibson, I used to work in a hotel where they stayed a few nights.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Was at an Ideal Homes show on Sunday and ran into Jamie Laing from Made in Chelsea :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Jazz fusion drummer Billy Cobham who I got a CD signed by after a gig.Also David Thomas of the Band Pere Ubu who I had a brief chat with and got a record signed by as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I met Lana Del Rey and got a photo with her! Best day of my life, no joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nidgeboy

met roy keane in cork airport ..nice chap

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Served the late, great Benny Hill with coffee many years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Miriam O 'Callaghan
    Danny O'Reilly from the Coronas
    Lucy Kennedy
    Mary Coughlan (the singer)
    Mary Kennedy
    Frances Black

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭arsenal1991

Alicia Keys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 PanamaHaven

I was in New York for a week and stayed in the same hotel as Kristen Stewart. She was pretty low key and unless you knew who she was you wouldn't think she was famous by the way she carries herself. I made small talk with her a couple of times and she seemed really nice and unassuming and kinda shy. I think she was with her mum and dad one of the times. They were a chilled out bunch. She wasn't wearing a scrap of make up and the beeyotch has flawless skin.

I also passed by Steve Buscemi on the street! Pretty cool!

I also passed by Caroline Morahan and Pamela Flood on Dame street :|

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

I met Carly Rae Jepsen by Broadway in NYC, she was a nice girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wiseham

Met Madonna in an airport, well when I say met, she just snubbed me completely and walked on.

Met Lemmy from Motorhead a few years back and he was completely sound.

And my brother met Tom Cruise at the premiere for Ghost Protocol in London, in a hotel lobby and said he was incredibly nice and very generous with his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laneybaby555

Met Derek Davis on my Communion Day in 1990 in a mothball hotel in Longford. Derek Davis, I hear you ask, was a z list "celebrity" that used to do a show circa late 80's early 90's on RTE, day time show my granny watched. Nice enough I suppose but even at the tender age of 7, I found it very strange that some random old guy, I only much later heard of from said granny, was handing kids and adults alike, PRE-SIGNED showbiz pose pictures of himself. Not even signed by his own fair hand, but signature copies!! Nobody asked for these by the way. Classy. They just don't make them like that anymore.
    Also, early 00's met Tommy Tiernan and then partner/wife walking along Salthill prom with two big dogs on a Sunday lunch time on an awful cold, windy day. I asked could i pet their dogs (love dogs) didn't notice who it was but he said of course you can. I looked up and himself and his lady were there smiling away. I laughed when I copped and apologised for bothering them, but he was a perfect gent and stayed chatting to me and my friend for about 10 minutes about dogs.
    About 8 years ago, met Chris Kamara in a bar in Tenerife with my dad. He got up to sing and dragged me up on stage with him. Bought myself and my dad shots and stayed chatting to us for about 20 minutes, even posed for several photos. Pure gentleman, really funny and warm (no pun intended).
    My brother in law was introduced to Dara O'Briain on an IDA type thing in Moscow last year, said he was the most jumped up and rude gobs#@!" that he's met and he's regularly on these trips.
    A few more minor brushes with "celebrity" but not worth mentioning

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

So so cool people !! - I only met Park something a Korean movie director who's amazing - such a great day today thanks a mill

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Met John Cooper Clarke backstage after he did a gig in Cork last year.He gave me a gin & tonic and I was there chatting with him and his entourage(including former Clash road manager Johnny Greene) for nearly an hour.Got him to sign an album too ,a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 yass100

Johnny Depp when i was filming public enemies I met him in Chicago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Vinnie Jones in Cork a few years back. Was a lot smaller than what I imagined.

Got him to sign a £20 note as I'd nothing else to write on.........eventually spent it in a nightclub as I was down to my last one !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn and Kate Hudson when I was having dinner in a little pub where Iive a limo pulled up and it was them lovely people

Louie Walsh with Daniel o Donnell lol

Brian Mc Fadden with Kerry Katona they were horrible

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 sassys

Ramona Nicholas from Dragon's Den Ireland :)

Advertisement