Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

8,643 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my brother has 3500 and we have the same amount of games.. wtf have i been doing... cutting timber.

obv i never touch trees once im out of the spawn, i must be sleep logging in game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

4253 ... less than 1 every two games... what the feck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

6200; I really must have gone out of my way to dodge those trees... No Kei$a for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

12106... about 1 tree per game... apparently there is a medal for this......called the lumberjack.. but never seen it.

the other thing to be aware is that there are mods that flag this type of destruction on the minimap.... as well as spottable from arty that are pre aiming

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no medal, though one was suggested by WG at one point, hence the trees are tracked. It was abandoned along with other joke achievements.

:-) I had it in the back of my head somewhere...what a pity... the other thing I like running over are scarecrows and washing lines..... ah ah lets see if persil can take out those track stains!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's been a long time since they had a dog yelp when you ran over a kennel.

One of Cry Havocs members is featured in a video from Jingles.

ah cool, ill watch that now.

picked up the t32 at weeekend, couldnt decide whether or not to re buy the vk4502a, i dropped it before cuz i didnt want the maus, but the t9 maus looks liek fun, so might re buy the t8.

nearly have e75. once i have that, ill decide about the e100 but i wanna stop grinding tanks and enjoy the ones i have.. does that ever happen though?

• Advertisement

The VK4502B is getting replaced with the Mauschen, which may be a bit more of interest than the ausf B.

The Ausf A is one I liked though, and much like the IS-8 needs to be treated more like a medium.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    The VK4502B is getting replaced with the Mauschen, which may be a bit more of interest than the ausf B.

The Ausf A is one I liked though, and much like the IS-8 needs to be treated more like a medium.
    I liked the 4502B but I know I'm in minority in that sense (and I prefered it over the E75 as well); the new mini Maus just looks to samey to the E100 to me but we'll see.

isnt the mini maus getting the e100s 150mm gun though, facing tier 7s will be funny!

i had the vk4502a elited and was 60k towards the b, when i decided i didnt wanna go any further. the mini maus gives me a reason to re buy it..

sick of grinding tier 8 heavies though

Footage of the new stuff in 9.7

I'm going to use the 150k XP I have on the AMX 13-90 from the missions to get the AMX 30 prototype on day 1. It should be easy enough to adjust to given that I'm already playing the Leo PTA.

thinking of buying back the 1390 myself to get new tier 9, wanna see if the amx30 is a giant ammo rack like the pta first, if it is then its not for me! so give us a report on day 1 or 2!!

so, silent stalker is elaving ftr, and leaving wot to go do content with armored warfare.

fair play to him, i was a daily reader of his blog and he had a good mix of content and stuff. hes passing everyone over to ritagamers blog. i like her too, watch her stream sometimes.

cant wait for AW, dont think i will play one solely, i will probably play both simultanously. but i most likely wont be giving wg a single euro once aw goes live.

Hard to begrudge him quitting if he's gained a job in the games industry.

In regards to AW, I'm still very skeptical. It seems to much of a clone with no personality of its own, but it's still very early so far.

Hard to begrudge him quitting if he's gained a job in the games industry.

In regards to AW, I'm still very skeptical. It seems to much of a clone with no personality of its own, but it's still very early so far.
    Honestly I'm hyped for AW; I'm getting very close on my personal goal (All tier X Heavies, TDs and arties) for WoT (I hate mediums so no way I'm touching on getting them all!) and WoT has not exactly endeared me lately with it's direction by comparison.

They're already selling the FV 4202 premium and T54 prototype on the CN server....

Seemingly they do this as soon as the model is provided to them by WG.

Without doubt I will sign up to AW... will be interesting to see if I start off playing better than I did when i started WOT

• Advertisement

VikingG wrote: »
    Without doubt I will sign up to AW... will be interesting to see if I start off playing better than I did when i started WOT

oh god, i hadnt a clue. driving around spamming he at people because i seen the huge alpha damage numbbers in stats!!

but in fairness, in closed beta, there was tier 4s against maus and is7 and sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

T28 proto once fully upgraded has become my fave tank. It's so badass. Can't wait to try the T30 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

T28 proto once fully upgraded has become my fave tank. It's so badass. Can't wait to try the T30 now.

I am not far away from it myself. Having fully upgraded T28 helps a lot too as For T28 prot I will only need tracks!

I am close to unlocking a good few tanks now. AMX 50 100 AMX ( tier 6 light one, cant remember name lol ), T28 Prot, T95, T62A. I will need a lot of gold for retrainings lol. Come on! Half price training weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I only use credits for re-training crews.

Aenaes wrote: »
    I only use credits for re-training crews.
    Same except for cross tank (light => Medium or Medium => Heavy) where I don't have a suitable T8/T7 premium tank to train up the skill gap as 20% is to much loss. So for example now that I'm going from T54E1 to the T57 having the T34 I'll only use silver and use my T34 to grind out the crew.

So NA and Asia at least are getting a free SU-100Y if they login for 60 days over a two month period. Each day you login gets you other free stuff, including a T7 combat car at 30 days.

Free stuff is nice, but this seems to be going a bit far. I'd like more easier grind missions to earn lower tier premiums instead of the monotony of the tier 8 premium missions. But doing nothing more than logging in strikes me as cheap.

So NA and Asia at least are getting a free SU-100Y if they login for 60 days over a two month period. Each day you login gets you other free stuff, including a T7 combat car at 30 days.

Free stuff is nice, but this seems to be going a bit far. I'd like more easier grind missions to earn lower tier premiums instead of the monotony of the tier 8 premium missions. But doing nothing more than logging in strikes me as cheap.
    Or desperate...

Nody wrote: »
    Or desperate...

I'm not sure what their end goal here is. People knowing they're going to get free credits/free tanks seem less likely to buy gold/tanks under those conditions. Perhaps it's as simple as boosting player numbers or getting dormant players to return, and they're taking a longer view than the short terms freebies suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

It's happening from early March to early May, so it's not really to entice people to log on and play during the Summer months either.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what their end goal here is. People knowing they're going to get free credits/free tanks seem less likely to buy gold/tanks under those conditions. Perhaps it's as simple as boosting player numbers or getting dormant players to return, and they're taking a longer view than the short terms freebies suggest.
    Numbers on the server; I'm guessing it's falling (no new tanks for a while etc.) and with AW beta keys going out they want to keep their numbers high (at least on paper).

Advertisement