Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - RDS - 15th June

• 11-12-2012 2:02pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following the positive reviews that greeted the recent expansive double-album ‘Psychedelic Pill’, Neil Young & Crazy Horse can now confirm details of an Irish date next summer playing Dublin’s RDS Arena on Saturday 15 June.

Tickets go on sale Tuesday 18 December at 9am through Ticketmaster Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Lovely stuff!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Anyone know prices? Its not on ticketmaster yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Anyone know prices? Its not on ticketmaster yet.

Tickets €60-86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

is this outdoor ??

Great news ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

RDS Arena is outdoors.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Neil Young show No. 9 for me.

The gigs with Crazy Horse are always the best, LOUD!

Cannot wait.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would have loved to have gone but its the same day as Bon Jovi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Def going to hit up this gig.

Missed Neil at the O2, and the Crazy Horses should make this one extra special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Bugger!!!!!

That's two big gigs for next year(Slash and now this). 'Tis probably no use asking for an early Xmas pressie of a Ticketmaster Voucher, as I'd say both of these gigs will sell out fairly sharpish????? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Sorry but I'm delighted they're on the same day. See the Gaslight Anthem are playing the following monday in dublin, wonder if they'll be tapped for support duty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Brilliant. Can't wait for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sorry but I'm delighted they're on the same day. See the Gaslight Anthem are playing the following monday in dublin, wonder if they'll be tapped for support duty?

Playing download the sunday so unlikely.

Will this sell out out sharpish?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Mushy wrote: »

I wouldn't have thought so. He's been here twice in the last 4 years and his profile hasn't risen that much that he'd have a bunch of new fans (outside of the youth who have seen the light). Would be very surprised if there isn't still tickets available well into the new year. Also, I'd think the Crazy Horse presence would put off the Harvest Moon, Heart of Gold brigade. Check out Sugar Mountain for recent setlists. :D Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I wouldn't have thought so. He's been here twice in the last 4 years and his profile hasn't risen that much that he'd have a bunch of new fans (outside of the youth who have seen the light). Would be very surprised if there isn't still tickets available well into the new year. Also, I'd think the Crazy Horse presence would put off the Harvest Moon, Heart of Gold brigade. Check out Sugar Mountain for recent setlists. :D Can't wait!

Lovely stuff. Slash tix to be bought on Friday, then Biffy, Bruce and Neil after that. And Roger Waters too. If this still has tix I'l be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Neil Young.

Santa has delivered........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Great news Neil's coming coming back.A big complaint i have is the R.D.S. venue itself just dont like the place for a gig.Was in the O2 in '09 and the sound and view,even though was seated,was stunning.Definitely going go though any else playing there wouldn't bother me arse.

Mushy wrote: »
    Playing download the sunday so unlikely.

Ah, when I checked their website before posting they didn't have the download date on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Can anyone give me some advice on what albums that I should listen do? Me and my dad may go to this concert

eldest200 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me some advice on what albums that I should listen do? Me and my dad may go to this concert

Thought I answered this already??? Posts keep getting deleted for some reason???

To name but 3:

Harvest
    Harvest Moon
    After The Goldrush

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Young_discography_and_filmography#Studio_albums

There's his entire discography. Worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

eldest200 wrote: »

Well, they'll probably be playing some stuff from the new album, Psychedelic Pill so you should have a listen to that.

Apart from that, try After The Gold Rush, Rust Never Sleeps, Ragged Glory and Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere.

• Advertisement

Thanks will check them out

Thought I answered this already??? Posts keep getting deleted for some reason???

When I started my own thread I didn't realise this one was up first

If you familiarise yourself with Weld (superb 1990 live album) and Psychedelic Pill (the new album), that should cover most of the set. He'll probably do a few acoustic songs, but it's a Crazy Horse show, so it's all about the racket.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

To name but 3:

Harvest
    Harvest Moon
    After The Goldrush

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Young_discography_and_filmography#Studio_albums

There's his entire discography. Worth a look.

The only song they've been playing from any of those three albums lately is Needle and the Damage Done. Which is about 2 minutes long.

List of songs is below with the albums they're on and how many times they've played them in the 33 shows on the tour. Latter number is "all-time" performances.

1. Jesus' Chariot Americana 3 3 2. Born In Ontario Psychedelic Pill 33 35 3. Cinnamon Girl Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere 30 732 4. Cortez The Killer Zuma 6 489 5. Down By The River Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere 1 537 6. F*!#in' Up Ragged Glory 32 211 7. Farmer John Ragged Glory 2 14 8. For The Love Of Man Psychedelic Pill 4 4 9. Helpless Déjà Vu 2 403 10. Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) Rust Never Sleeps 32 553 11. Like A Hurricane American Stars 'N Bars 5 498 12. Love And Only Love Ragged Glory 33 214 13. Mr. Soul Buffalo Springfield Again 27 408 14. Over And Over Ragged Glory 2 4 15. Powderfinger Rust Never Sleeps 33 702 16. Psychedelic Pill Psychedelic Pill 13 13 17. Ramada Inn Psychedelic Pill 32 35 18. Rockin' In The Free World Freedom 2 530 19. Roll Another Number Tonight's The Night 15 248 20. Singer Without A Song Unreleased 20 22 21. The Needle And The Damage Done Harvest 33 585 22. Tonight's The Night Tonight's The Night 4 268 23. Twisted Road Psychedelic Pill 33 35 24. Walk Like A Giant Psychedelic Pill 33 33

The only song they've been playing from any of those three albums lately is Needle and the Damage Done. Which is about 2 minutes long.

List of songs is below with the albums they're on and how many times they've played them in the 33 shows on the tour. Latter number is "all-time" performances.

1. Jesus' Chariot Americana 3 3 2. Born In Ontario Psychedelic Pill 33 35 3. Cinnamon Girl Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere 30 732 4. Cortez The Killer Zuma 6 489 5. Down By The River Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere 1 537 6. F*!#in' Up Ragged Glory 32 211 7. Farmer John Ragged Glory 2 14 8. For The Love Of Man Psychedelic Pill 4 4 9. Helpless Déjà Vu 2 403 10. Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) Rust Never Sleeps 32 553 11. Like A Hurricane American Stars 'N Bars 5 498 12. Love And Only Love Ragged Glory 33 214 13. Mr. Soul Buffalo Springfield Again 27 408 14. Over And Over Ragged Glory 2 4 15. Powderfinger Rust Never Sleeps 33 702 16. Psychedelic Pill Psychedelic Pill 13 13 17. Ramada Inn Psychedelic Pill 32 35 18. Rockin' In The Free World Freedom 2 530 19. Roll Another Number Tonight's The Night 15 248 20. Singer Without A Song Unreleased 20 22 21. The Needle And The Damage Done Harvest 33 585 22. Tonight's The Night Tonight's The Night 4 268 23. Twisted Road Psychedelic Pill 33 35 24. Walk Like A Giant Psychedelic Pill 33 33

My eyes hurt after reading that!

If anything, that list proves my earlier post that Weld and Psychedelic Pill would have even a Neil Young newbie covered, since most of the oldies are represented on the live album. Setlist FM (which seems to be the source of that list) always give the original album source (hence appearances from Zuma, Rust Never Sleeps, Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, Freedom, etc.), but there's no need to confuse the issue, since eleven songs in that list are on Weld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

no contest there mate, 80's mullet rockers against rock legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I'm willing to pay the cover just for the chance to hear Cortez live.

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    I'm willing to pay the cover just for the chance to hear Cortez live.

Amen brother. Great song. Just been talking about it with someone at
    work

• Advertisement

That setlist seals the deal (normally don't go to outdoor shows)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jimosterberg

Seems recent setlists are 13-14 songs long. Seems a little short for a gig of this size and price but Neil has been known to elongate songs live at times I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Potential gig of the year this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Potential gig of the year this

Indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Massive NY fan here, can't believe I haven't seen him since Slane in 1993.

That's ticket prezzies for myself and the missus sorted so (it was Bruce last Xmas).

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jimosterberg

Dad's Christmas present sorted. Hopefully will be a great gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Any idea how much for a standing ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

comet wrote: »
    Any idea how much for a standing ticket?

76 € + all the bells and whistles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Thanks, was hoping against hope it might be the cheapest tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Got my tickets - painless enough on the website this morning, thankfully...

€82.10 for standing with TicketB'stard fees...

Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yup, got mine too, seated this time as I was told that standing was not an option :D.

It's a real nuisance on the Ticketmaster website that you can't select which block you want your seat in, it took me 30 attempts to finally get a seat where I wanted (I kept getting either Block E (too close in the corner) or Block A (too far back)).

20 years since I saw Shakey in the flesh, a re-acquaintance is long overdue. Picked up Psychedelic Pill last weekend, the man has still got it (unlike some other old fogies I don't care to mention).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

MayoForSam wrote: »
    , the man has still got it (unlike some other old fogies I don't care to mention).

brucesteen ?

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Yup, got mine too, seated this time as I was told that standing was not an option :D.

It's a real nuisance on the Ticketmaster website that you can't select which block you want your seat in, it took me 30 attempts to finally get a seat where I wanted (I kept getting either Block E (too close in the corner) or Block A (too far back)).

Yeah I had the same problem. We always go for seated because I'm quite small so can never see (plus I have a weird phobia thing of people being too close/touching me) however after numerous attempts I kept getting block A so went for standing in the end. Ill just have to have a few drinks and I wont mind so much.

All Im getting is the option to buy tix in Block A (too far away), Block F (Too close) or pretty much the back row of Block C?!

Has anyone acquired tix for anywhere on the Grandstand other than Block F?

Got mine sorted first thing this morning(well someone did for me)!!!!

brucesteen ?

G'waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan ourra that.

RE "Got mine sorted first thing this morning(well someone did for me)!!!! "

Where are you in the ground?

poundhound wrote: »
    RE "Got mine sorted first thing this morning(well someone did for me)!!!! "

Where are you in the ground?

No.
    work

poundhound wrote: »
    All Im getting is the option to buy tix in Block A (too far away), Block F (Too close) or pretty much the back row of Block C?!

Has anyone acquired tix for anywhere on the Grandstand other than Block F?

When I was trying all I was getting was F. Thats where we were sat for Springsteen and if we had been 2 seats to the right our view would have been completely blocked by a screen signposting the toilets. It cause quite a bit of commotion actually, a lot of people were understandably disappointed and were asking to be moved. You literally couldnt see a thing if you were behind it.

Wouldnt give me any others.

Edit - I also tried using their phone service to see if I would get anything different but got the same block A for Anglesea stand.

I tried the phone too and got the same seat allocation that Id been offered over 30 times on the website, Block F, row R, Seat 23?!

There's something amiss with their website.

Just tried again there out of curiosity and got front row of Block N of the Grandstand. Still right at the back though. Though I probably would have gone for that if I hadnt already bought standing.

What was putting me off about being in the Anglesea was the support pillars. Ya just know I would have ended up behind one of those!

Surely all the decent seats at the middle to front cant be sold out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement