Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

cambo2008 wrote: »
    This is taking the piss,turned on the xbox for the first time this year,only got halo3,gow2 and medal of honour,all terrible multiplayer.
    Hurry the **** up and get this sorted

Seriously?

You're getting this service for free.

The service has been running for 5 years constantly with barely any outages.

It's down for two days and you're pissed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Ya mean it's been down for 3 days :)

Three, then :) Still though, my point still stands!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Probobly down for a few wks so is it?

I don't really mind at this stage it's not like your gonna die by not playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's not their fault anyway. You don't stand outside the bakery while the guy is fixing up his shop, after vandals wrecked it going, 'Where's me eeeeccclllaaaiiirrss'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's not their fault anyway. You don't stand outside the bakery while the guy is fixing up his shop, after vandals wrecked it going, 'Where's me eeeeccclllaaaiiirrss'.

Hey speak for yourself Gray :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Its free ffs. P.S. look outside... theres a big yellow thing there now where the clouds used to be! I was pissed off too but complaining aint gonna get you anywhere.

demotivational-poster-hikik.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Its times like this that I wish I had an xbox:rolleyes:

Who doesn't have both in this modern day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Who doesn't have both in this modern day?

I don't. Never saw much point. Apart from a few exclusives and the online services and downloadable games there's no real differences in the ports. You'd have to be a uber nerd to notice any difference in the two different versions of SSFIV. It's not like the days of the Snes and Megadrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

This has probably been said before, but PSN ain't free. The PS3 was sold with PSN as a feature and many ppl bought the console over and Xbox because of that. It has never been free. But unlike MS, Sony included the price of PSN in the price of the console and games.

So your saying Prices for PS3 games are more than 360 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

This has probably been said before, but PSN ain't free. The PS3 was sold with PSN as a feature and many ppl bought the console over and Xbox because of that. It has never been free. But unlike MS, Sony included the price of PSN in the price of the console and games.

That's weird, Sony advertise the PSN as a free service....

Sony must be wrong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

So your saying Prices for PS3 games are more than 360 games?

Nope. I'm saying that they use a cut of all of that to fund PSN. And a PS3 is more expensive that a 360.
    That's weird, Sony advertise the PSN as a free service....

Sony must be wrong!!!

That's just marketing nonsense. That's like them saying the controller that you get with the PS3 is free. It ain't. Like PSN it is included in the price.

Do you think Sony are a charity providing PSN for free? We don't have to pay for PSN with a monthly subscription like Xbox Live but that doesn't mean it is free. It is just funded differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

The first time I bought a multiplatorm release, (Portal2) on PS3 over xbox as it's the far superior version and also comes with a code to activate a free version over steam for my mac, (Which also gets very little gaming use.)

And I can't activate the steam version or play co-op as the PSN is down :( you get what you pay for I suppose.

What I will say in defence of Sony in this instance is they're commendably honest in their time frames for a fix. They publicly said could be 48 hours before it's back up. A lot of other companies use ambiguous terms such as shortly and ASAP, which just lead to further frustration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Colibri wrote: »
    Seriously?

You're getting this service for free.

The service has been running for 5 years constantly with barely any outages.

It's down for two days and you're pissed off?
    Yea I'm pissed off,I've a free bank holiday weekend to myself that I don't get too often,who are you to tell me I shouldn't be pissed off??it's more to do with the timing than how long it's down.
    I paid good money for any games I have and multiplayer is the only use I'm getting out of them so get back on you're high horse and toddle on.

Yea I'm pissed off,I've a free bank holiday weekend to myself that I don't get too often,who are you to tell me I shouldn't be pissed off??it's more to do with the timing than how long it's down.
    I paid good money for any games I have and multiplayer is the only use I'm getting out of them so get back on you're high horse and toddle on.

So do many other people. I'm not saying you shouldn't be pissed off but come off it now, it's a bit silly.

Why don't you play the SP campaigns on higher difficulties, or set challenges? Trophy hunt? MP isn't the only aspect of gaming. I'm not on a high horse - PSN is down for me also, as for the rest of the world too.

I'm just not pissed at Sony - it isn't their fault.

Would you be as understanding if it was a bank and it was your money you couldn't get to??

Colibri wrote: »
    So do many other people. I'm not saying you shouldn't be pissed off but come off it now, it's a bit silly.

Why don't you play the SP campaigns on higher difficulties, or set challenges? Trophy hunt? MP isn't the only aspect of gaming. I'm not on a high horse - PSN is down for me also, as for the rest of the world too.

I'm just not pissed at Sony - it isn't their fault.

I'm pissed off at the whole situation not Sony,my ps3 is dying a death at the moment and it will only play certain games,no sp I could be bothered with,just bored that's all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Personally I'm enjoying the chance to play some single player stuff that I'd been putting to one side for a while. Playing through Undead Nightmares at the minute. If I finish that then there's plenty more where that came from.

An outage like this was always a possibility. Just another reason why I think SP should always be at the heart of gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Sony included the price of PSN in the price of the console and games.

No, they didn't actually.

Would you be as understanding if it was a bank and it was your money you couldn't get to??

Oh lol.

Oh lol.

Has as much to do with playstation as a cake shop

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Leeg17 wrote: »

Cheers for that Leeg17. Looks like the problem was far more serious than first thought! Its given me a chance to try out games i have not played in a while and i intend to pick up a couple more great sp games for any future cases where this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

On to the related note, with all the Anonymous reporting and PS3 hacking site giving them so much praise for messing with Sony, it seems they have broken a few too many of Googles Adsense rules. Adsense being the service that give many site ads to put on their site and a good income from targeted ads. Boards uses it as well or did i saw some presentation a good while ago so maybe that has changed.

While most of those scene sites have gotten close to breaking the adsense rules before they now have gone too far and Google has given them a permanent ban, so they now have lost a large income that they'll never get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Varik wrote: »
    While most of those scene sites have gotten close to breaking the adsense rules before they now have gone too far and Google has given them a permanent ban, so they now have lost a large income that they'll never get back.

Delighted for them to be honest.

Has as much to do with playstation as a cake shop

Maybe I just don't NEED to go on PSN as part of my life. I enjoy it, just don't neeeeeed it. That would be where the fun would stop for me.

I'm pretty sure if your money was in the bank and you couldn't get it, that could cause some actual issues worth worrying about.

I dont even known why I'm having this conversation, I hope you get sorted soon bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i'm a bit peeved that i haven't gotten to play mortal kombat online yet, but i've finally had a chance to get Castlevania finished. Great game that. i've also managed to watch quite a few movies over the weekend. sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Varik wrote: »
    On to the related note, with all the Anonymous reporting and PS3 hacking site giving them so much praise for messing with Sony, it seems they have broken a few too many of Googles Adsense rules. Adsense being the service that give many site ads to put on their site and a good income from targeted ads. Boards uses it as well or did i saw some presentation a good while ago so maybe that has changed.

I wish I knew what you were talking about..

Advertisement