Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DayZ Standalone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Holsten wrote: »
    I dunno if it is worth it.

I mean it's just an endless cycle, gear up, get killed and start over. Needs way more content.

You can make anything sound boring with that logic.
    Like eating delicious ice cream.

It's just an endless cycle, dig food, put in mouth, swallow and start over.

The fun in DayZ is the tension, the fear. The Dread! Seeing another player, did they see me? Can I get around them? Can I kill them before they kill me?! DID HE SEE ME!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So....worth it yet for someone who's never played Day Z or should I wait until it's a bit more stable?

Worth it if you team up or pretend to team up and stab them in the back.

Lonesome players will suffer many deaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Sure add my steam tag terrific_tugboat and you'll find me in under the friends tab in DayZ. It's better craic with a few people to play with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

d0gb0y wrote: »
    Not yet and probably won't be worth it for +6 months

I don't think the price will drop before full release so buy it when you have the money.

The current state of the game is a very slow paced build up to deathmatch.

The infected are a joke and I don't see them ever being able to make the infected a threat.

Brilliant way to put it, a slow paced build up to a death match.

It needs more substance. I do play the game alone so it's probably better in a group but it's still the same, get gear then go kill people, there is nothing else to do at the moment anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

The fun in DayZ is the tension, the fear. The Dread! Seeing another player, did they see me? Can I get around them? Can I kill them before they kill me?! DID HE SEE ME!?!?

Summed up perfectly GC! The game is nothing like any other game you have played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I had a guy with a rifle literally walk over me while I was shítting a brick hoping he wouldn't see me, that was fúcking tense, dude had a rifle so I stayed quite and took no chances.

Class game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Had a character survive 3 days while lonewolfing it, logged in today and character was reset..aghhhhhh.
    Loving it so far.Have had a few weird encounters with people, but mostly just guys that are nervous you're going to attack them. I had 2 separate opportunities to ruthlessly murder people tonight and passed on it,game is cruel enough with out adding to it.It's too Easy or fun to be a prick in it, but I'm finding it a better challenge to try and be a nice guy and help out whee I can.Saying that, it did take a lot of restraint not to bash an unarmed guys head in to steal his bag of goodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Holsten wrote: »
    I dunno if it is worth it.

I mean it's just an endless cycle, gear up, get killed and start over. Needs way more content.

I completely agree.

I loaded it up, started off at nightime on a server....for a player who hasn't played it before there is a bit of a learning curve. Anyways, after 20mins running around in the middle of nowhere at night..not seeing anyone etc...I joined a diff server

Spawned in a town during the day, seen a village, ran to said village...scouted lots of the houses...nothing inside. Doors seem awkward to open....items are annoying to pick up....it has to be so specific.
    Anyways, same deal, lack of zombies, lack of items, lack of players, lack of story...
    Messages for
    "I can feel a warm liquid on my shirt" "I'm bleeding" "I'm thirsty" "I need a drink" constantly popping up on the screen.
    Oh, and when you get hit...the blood squirting out is ridiculous looking....and is that meant to be cold air ?...the white/grey stuff spraying out ?

I don't see what the end goal is besides Holstens point...Gear up, kill/be killed / start over.

What benefit is having a character who is 3 days old to you as opposed to a fresh character ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I completely agree.

I loaded it up, started off at nightime on a server....for a player who hasn't played it before there is a bit of a learning curve. Anyways, after 20mins running around in the middle of nowhere at night..not seeing anyone etc...I joined a diff server

Spawned in a town during the day, seen a village, ran to said village...scouted lots of the houses...nothing inside. Doors seem awkward to open....items are annoying to pick up....it has to be so specific.
    Anyways, same deal, lack of zombies, lack of items, lack of players, lack of story...
    Messages for
    "I can feel a warm liquid on my shirt" "I'm bleeding" "I'm thirsty" "I need a drink" constantly popping up on the screen.
    Oh, and when you get hit...the blood squirting out is ridiculous looking....and is that meant to be cold air ?...the white/grey stuff spraying out ?

I don't see what the end goal is besides Holstens point...Gear up, kill/be killed / start over.

What benefit is having a character who is 3 days old to you as opposed to a fresh character ?

As numerous people have said, you need to team up..my advice..join the gaellords ts server. Hop into a channel and introduce yourself and see where the lads are playing. As ultra retarded as Ktulu is, he's pretty sound and so are the rest of the lads. Better survival in a pack!

• Advertisement

ElChe32 wrote: »
    As numerous people have said, you need to team up..my advice..join the gaellords ts server. Hop into a channel and introduce yourself and see where the lads are playing. As ultra retarded as Ktulu is, he's pretty sound and so are the rest of the lads. Better survival in a pack!

I know Ktulu and a lot of the other from playing BF3 with them.

However, I'm over in Korea...so there are slight ping and time difference issues :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

They need to sort out them loot spawns. Cant find anything but tins of spaghetti and hats, every house picked clean. No guns to defend yourself against guys kitted out with all military gear and assault rifles. Try and go to an army base to get some decent stuff and you get KOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

ElChe32 wrote: »

I agree.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

hahahaha You bunch of dick heads!!! I am class!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Your a nobhead Ktulu

Thought I'd share a funny moment I experienced a few days back. Was a good laugh :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

Really enjoying this now and how better is it going to get??
    If anyone is playing Southern hemisphere side and wants to team up on the servers there sometime. I play on the Australia and Singapore servers . give me a shout on Steam . Its Mylo mindbender.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I think the game will be fantastic once finished,i have faith in rocket and his crew to deliver.
    In its current state it lacks features even compared to the mod [thats still packing people onto servers it has to be said] but what it does have working right now is a lot more polished than the mod.
    They are certainly going in the right direction,yes the pace is slow but once its done right i think it will end up as really top class experience.

Personally id love someone to take on Wasteland and develop it into a standalone.
    As much as i enjoy dayz wasteland to me offers the better experience, different game ofcourse but some similarities.

Yes Dayz standalone is worth buying right now,if even just for buying into its future and getting it at a reduced price now.

Our server has been busy since release.

b_560_95_1.png

The guys that are not impressed with the game. I urge you to join up with a few others. Join our team speak sure & play with us. Watch the last two videos I released, the game is not just about killing & death matching each other. I love robbing ****e from guys & talking to random lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You guys reckon this game will get any money off in the Steam sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I really doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

No chance at all. It'll stay this price until Beta which will be at least 6 months away, and then it'll probably go up to about 35euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Grimebox wrote: »
    I really doubt it

Figured as much....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Good headphones and mic pretty much essential for this then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Citrusbomb

I just signed up and had to log in just to say thanks for the great laughs! And thank you for going maybe not the whole way but a good bit to restoring faith in players in DayZ!

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Running north of green mountain tonight I came across a fully kitted out guy running the complete opposite way to me, a couple of hundred meters to the right of me. In the past, I would have chanced talking but no. Hit the deck, hidden by a gully and he ran on.

Just as well, I had no ammo in my m4.

Haha, sounds like it could have been me there, running away from Green Mountain?

Citrusbomb wrote: »
    Haha, sounds like it could have been me there, running away from Green Mountain?

Hahah. Could well have been you then. Surprised you didn't see me. And to be fair it was the last minute that I saw you too :D

They need to sort out them loot spawns. Cant find anything but tins of spaghetti and hats, every house picked clean. No guns to defend yourself against guys kitted out with all military gear and assault rifles. Try and go to an army base to get some decent stuff and you get KOS.

*House 1*

Beanie hat and Aviator Sunglasses.

*House 2*

2 beanies and a hat that looks like a tea cosy on my head

*Barn out the back*

3 motorcycle helmets on the ground.

Would it be that hard to spawn a Mosin every now and then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Spawned. Found a basebal bat

Shot in the back. This game man. This game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

bad sport #3 later tonight maybe :p

can't wait til proper combat logging measures are in the game.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

dazftw wrote: »
    bad sport #3 later tonight maybe :p

can't wait til proper combat logging measures are in the game.

ya so noobs like you stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Not so much a combat logger but a bad sport all the same :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

dazftw wrote: »
    Not so much a combat logger but a bad sport all the same

At least you got to kill him

I just hope that the solution they implement to stop combat logging & ghosting dosen't screw us all over.

The solution used in the mod was ok although it was annoying if you wanted to disconnect quickly outside of combat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Where are good spots to find ammo and mags, that what I seem to be lacking most. Weapon attachments would be nice too

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Hahah. Could well have been you then. Surprised you didn't see me. And to be fair it was the last minute that I saw you too :D

Was probably staring at the map on my other screen :D Was going to meet up with a friend :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Where are good spots to find ammo and mags, that what I seem to be lacking most. Weapon attachments would be nice too
    I find the hangers at the airfields to be fairly good for ammo and attachments.

Tents in Balota, and the North West end of the run way. The ones with two doors, and no flooring are the best.

Server hoppers are a serious pain at the moment. Few of us played on a night server last night, late on we where the only ones on the server. The number of single players joining and leaving after a few mins was serious, clearly farming loot by server hopping. We were at NW airfield and a guy spawned in and killed one of us. I hope this is the first issue Rocket addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

TheFairy wrote: »
    Server hoppers are a serious pain at the moment. Few of us played on a night server last night, late on we where the only ones on the server. The number of single players joining and leaving after a few mins was serious, clearly farming loot by server hopping. We were at NW airfield and a guy spawned in and killed one of us. I hope this is the first issue Rocket addresses.

With loot not respawning, server hopping is the only way to get gear atm. If you're on a busy server you have no chance of getting decent gear otherwise and won't live very long. Rocket has plans to stop it by putting a delay on joining servers one after another. The more servers you join the longer you have to wait to join another one.

With loot not respawning, server hopping is the only way to get gear atm. If you're on a busy server you have no chance of getting decent gear otherwise and won't live very long. Rocket has plans to stop it by putting a delay on joining servers one after another. The more servers you join the longer you have to wait to join another one.

I hope either one of those is solved, you can't have one fixed without the other I think

Aye recognise that. Once loot is added to deer stands for example that will take the pressure off the mil loot locations.

• Advertisement

With loot not respawning, server hopping is the only way to get gear atm.....

No its not, just go north. Once you have a weapon and some ammo why would you keep respawning from server to server, there are only 2 main weapons in the game at the moment sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Most servers restart after 2 hours, a full batch of new loot, so there's that

2nd Encounters video. Enjoy!

Reddit link if ya fancy giving me a hand! Cheers & Happy Christmas!

http://redd.it/1tomu2

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

TheFairy wrote: »
    No its not, just go north. Once you have a weapon and some ammo why would you keep respawning from server to server, there are only 2 main weapons in the game at the moment sure!

See, getting a gun and ammo is the problem there. I suspect it would take a few hops to get geared. If you go north for gear without a weapon then it's a long trip to just get shot in the back. I don't actually server hop, I'm too lazy to bother with it tbh, but I understand why people do it. I haven't played in a few days, kinda waiting on loot respawns, no server hopping and stopping combat loggers and then I'll get stuck into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Just after giving in and buying it. Was going to wait for a month or two until it went on Sale or something. Hopefully I won't be too disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mister Man wrote: »
    Just after giving in and buying it. Was going to wait for a month or two until it went on Sale or something. Hopefully I won't be too disappointed

Same here :pac:
    Personal Xmas present.

• Advertisement

I had some character..spawned in the middle of nowhere...ran for miles...nothing to be found...no houses etc
    No way to kill myself. Ran into the sea...lay down in the sea, he doesn't die. Swam for miles out...he doesn't die
    No buildings to jump off. No zombies to kill me. The 'Respawn' button doesn't work.
    Deleted profiles in MyDocuments....still have the same character.
    Switched server...still in the same spot.

It's annoying as hell, so stupid. Also....what are the point of doors, gates...if zombies can just pass through them as if they're not there ?
    How hard a fix is that to implement , considering the time they've spent on the game, and the money they are making off it .. ?
    I know it's 'Alpha'...but haven't they been at the game for well over a year now

I had some character..spawned in the middle of nowhere...ran for miles...nothing to be found...no houses etc
    No way to kill myself. Ran into the sea...lay down in the sea, he doesn't die. Swam for miles out...he doesn't die
    No buildings to jump off. No zombies to kill me. The 'Respawn' button doesn't work.

It's annoying as hell, so stupid. Also....what are the point of doors, gates...if zombies can just pass through them as if they're not there ?
    How hard a fix is that to implement , considering the time they've spent on the game, and the money they are making off it .. ?
    I know it's 'Alpha'...but haven't they been at the game for well over a year now

Alpha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Now sure how you haven't found a zombie at least to kill you, or a building to jump off... You must have went arse ways somewhere!
    The game is extremely early Alpha. You can't really complain about things like that, in such an early stage of a game! Pretty sure they where worried about getting the basic parts running before looking at something minor like that. I'd imagine it'll be something that's looked at later in the games development. I don't think it's fair to complain about smaller things like that until it hits Beta...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

The steam page literally tries to sway you away from purchasing because bugs such as these will occur.

Limericks wrote: »
    The steam page literally tries to sway you away from purchasing because bugs such as these will occur.

But I don't base my buying on Steam Pages, or critical reviews from the likes of EuroGamer or IGN etc....because I don't trust their opinions and won't take the opinion of 1 person.

I usually buy games because of Boards.ie , and you lot....all loving this game made me buy it ! :P...so you're all to blame obviously ! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement