Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Just travelled to Skellige (now at lvl 12) to find this merchant:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e_cdBtspuTo

Mother tucker wasn't selling any meteorite ore. Bloody waste!! Back to Velen I go. Still haven't come across any vendors selling it throughout Velen yet

I just walked into the armourer in oxenfurt. He's got meteorite ore and ingots/plates which you can buy and dismantle into ore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Maybe try Novigrad as well, or the dwarven smithy at Crow's Perch (Bloody Baron's place). Also try a few Contracts, the weapons the monsters drop relic weapons that usually can be dismantled into rare items.

I'd say their merchandise is random enough, so keep trying. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

sheep? wrote: »
    Maybe try Novigrad as well, or the dwarven smithy at Crow's Perch (Bloody Baron's place). Also try a few Contracts, the weapons the monsters drop relic weapons that usually can be dismantled into rare items.

I'd say their merchandise is random enough, so keep trying. :)

Tried all the above suggestions. Unfortunately nada. I'll keep trekking on and loot as I go. At this rate, I'm nearly level 15, will need to look at upgrading my Griffin armour to the next level.

It's strange that the ore isn't appearing anywhere. At first I thought that maybe I needed to be level 11 (the required level to equip the Griffin gear) and that I might start seeing more drops.

Seems to be a common problem when searching online for answers.

Are there any weapons in particular that dismantle into meteorite ore or ingots?

I can't think of any off the top of my head man, sorry. Yellow and brown weapons/aromour (as in the backdrop colour of the item) tend to dismantle into good stuff. And remember, the things they dismabtle into might be able to dismantle into the items you want. I just did a round of question mark hunting in velen and raided a few bandit camps. They had a few meteorite ores. A bit of looting might be in order for you! It sucks when one ingredient is stopping you get the armour. (And it is deadly armour if you're going with a focus on signs).

On a side note, I love how this game is surprising me on a second play through. On the Reardon Manor quest in Velen:
    I didn't know there was a hidden entrance to a cellar below the barn, where you can discover the woman, Dolores's dead brother walled up by Roderick, her husband. Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

FINALLY!! Found meteorite ingot. Completely stumbled across it by chance during a main quest. Just finished crafting my armour. Have the full Griffin set now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

I've just started Hearts of Stone on my new game plus deathmarch run. Is it just me or did they really up the difficulty for the expansion? Some of the fights are extremely hard, even though I'm at an equal level to most of the enemies.

Yes, I too found that, especially the
    Prince / Toad fight
    . And I was a couple of levels above that boss going into it, along with some pretty serious gear.

Saying that, I'm not complaining as the only challenge I found at the end of my run before the expansion was that level 46 Arch Griffin. So its refreshing to have to think about each battle again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Have you tried the likes of CD Keys ?
    astonaidan wrote: »
    I do my gaming on PS4 :(

Aaaannnndd, I just realised they sell PS4 codes aswell :o

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/The-Witcher-3%3A-Wild-Hunt-%252d-Hearts-of-Stone-Digital-Copy-CD-Key-%28Playstation-4%29.html

Is this the full game do any of ye know ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/The-Witcher-3%3A-Wild-Hunt-%252d-Hearts-of-Stone-Digital-Copy-CD-Key-%28Playstation-4%29.html

It's not, it's labelled as being Hearts of Stone.

Except the text description is for Submerged, which doesn't exactly scream professional to me.

That's just the first full DLC Hearts of Stone, sorry mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's the wrong CD Keys. I've never seen that one before.

Look at www.cdkeys.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Would this be worth getting for someone who has never played the games? great value in sales and has gotten excellent reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Would this be worth getting for someone who has never played the games? great value in sales and has gotten excellent reviews

Absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I played the first 2 and honestly had no idea what was happening when I started this game, who/what was Ciri and where did she come from and all that, it was like they pretended the first couple of games had never happened except for a few references I barely remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING NOW! AND GO GET IT!!! :mad:

Ah no - absolutely yes buy this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thanks Guys

Thargor wrote: »
    I played the first 2 and honestly had no idea what was happening when I started this game, who/what was Ciri and where did she come from and all that, it was like they pretended the first couple of games had never happened except for a few references I barely remembered.
    I played 2 right before 3, there is definitely zero mention of Ciri in 2.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I played 2 right before 3, there is definitely zero mention of Ciri in 2.

Yennifer isn't even in the second game. Geralt spends a lot of the second game suffering from amnesia so don't worry.

You can import your W2 save game, on PC at least, and this will determine how some characters respond to you. Also in my play through of W2 I ended up getting Geralt blind drunk with some solders and waking up naked with a tattoo. He's still got in it W3!

5uspect wrote: »
    Yennifer isn't even in the second game. Geralt spends a lot of the second game suffering from amnesia so don't worry.

You can import your W2 save game, on PC at least, and this will determine how some characters respond to you. Also in my play through of W2 I ended up getting Geralt blind drunk with some solders and waking up naked with a tattoo. He's still got in it W3!
    Yennifer is in W2 in terms of the plot. You are trying to find her for the entire game. She mentioned an awful lot.

It was bizarre at the start of W3 when you find her and then just leave straight away. I had just spent 30 odd hours looking for her.

If anyone is on the fence about getting this, it's €28 in argos (presumably just today). On the consoles, no idea about the master race.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=witcher+3&authToken=

Might be cheaper elsewhere, haven't looked.

EDIT: Witcher 3 is €30 on Steam, but Witcher 2 is only €3. Yes please. The trilogy is €35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

finished the game today <3
    FUUCKING EPIC! JESUS CHRIST THIS GAME

Picked Triss. bang on right move :D

Thinking Ciri died when she teleported at the end almost had me in tears!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Was thinking of buying this on the psn network, its going for 25 dollars on the U.S site, with the expansion pass its going for 74 dollars...do people think thats worth it and whats the difference? On the European store its going for 58 euros with the expansion pass..can anyone tell me what the best option is and whats the difference?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Was thinking of buying this on the psn network, its going for 25 dollars on the U.S site, with the expansion pass its going for 74 dollars...do people think thats worth it and whats the difference? On the European store its going for 58 euros with the expansion pass..can anyone tell me what the best option is and whats the difference?

Thanks.

So far there's been one expansion that cost €9.99. There's another one due after xmas sometime.

The base game will keep you going for ages anyway. It's superb and so is the first expansion.

normally I'm a cheap skate when it comes to buying games, but after forking out 80 quid for this, I am 100% satisfied and absolutely love it.

well worth 80 euro+

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How did you manage to spend €80?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thargor wrote: »
    How did you manage to spend €80?

Game + expansion pass maybe?

yeah it was 80 quid for game and expansion.

just looked at the steam store... prices have dropped so much! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

GOG recently had a massive sale with TW3 @ 50% off. TW is GOG's most-sold game and the expansion pack isn't out yet so I've no doubt they'll bundle them together in some kind of promotion. Then you can play the waiting game again if you want such a bundle to go on sale.

Paying for unreleased and unannounced DLC's seems absolutely bonkers to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Paying for unreleased and unannounced DLC's seems absolutely bonkers to me

Its all announced and sounds fairly substantial but not all released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

HoS was a pretty brilliant expansion, and I'm not usually one for expansions once the game has ended.

Advertisement