Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Gael85 wrote: »
    Great win for Ennistymon against Eire Og

yeah excellent game , both teams very attacking minded ger quinlan has done a superb job with them , dark horses , in the last few years they have beaten both miltown and kilmurry ibrickane so not without there chance , miltown look the best team in the county at the moment though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

yeah excellent game , both teams very attacking minded ger quinlan has done a superb job with them , dark horses , in the last few years they have beaten both miltown and kilmurry ibrickane so not without there chance , miltown look the best team in the county at the moment though

Them successful underage teams starting to come through now? Malone & Fitzgerald midfield?There was a lad Barry Keating on Clare minors 4/5 years ago. Does he still play with Ennistymon? That he was a Inagh man.

Them successful underage teams starting to come through now? Malone & Fitzgerald midfield?There was a lad Barry Keating on Clare minors 4/5 years ago. Does he still play with Ennistymon? That he was a Inagh man.

no barry was not on the panel today , they do lose a number of players to hurling in inagh/k after underage but they have picked up one or two excellent seniors , sean mcconigley and clare hurler david fitzgerald were excellent today and have been all year both inagh men and playing great stuff at the moment

malone and fitzgerald are the midfield pairing which is fairly formidable in its self but they seem to be a build from the back team with multiple short kick outs , he majority of the team is still very young so i wouldnt rule this run out as just been a flash in the pan ,i would be very interested to see how they would get on against someone like kilmurry ibrickane (should win tomorrow against corofin ) in the next round not byond them in my opinion

big win for feakle today against broadford in there replay in the intermediate 1/4 final , feakle will face scarriff in the semi final next week

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1046443246946267137

football round up , Eire og's 2nd team round off a frustrating week for the club with the junior A championship

kildysart and kilrush will face off again in the intermediate final after wins over shannon gaels and kilkee respectively

st breckans will meet lissycasey in two weeks time with the loser being team number 5 to be relegated from the senior championship , both sides won in round one and have free falled since

kilmihil will face doonbeg in the senior B final as a result

cratloe are still on for the double after a facile win over cooraclare today ,while kilmurry ibrickane have goals from dermot coughlin and mark mccarthy either side of half time to shake off a spirited corofin effort

draw tomorrow for the semi finals , cratloe and ,iltown look the strongest sides at the moment

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1046412555093200896

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1046402715520315392

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1046380614801379328

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1046374187122794496

https://twitter.com/clarechampion/status/1046447838568353794

https://twitter.com/KilrushShamrock/status/1046439512988151808

football round up , Eire og's 2nd team round off a frustrating week for the club with the junior A championship

kildysart and kilrush will face off again in the intermediate final after wins over shannon gaels and kilkee respectively

st breckans will meet lissycasey in two weeks time with the loser being team number 5 to be relegated from the senior championship , both sides won in round one and have free falled since

kilmihil will face doonbeg in the senior B final as a result

cratloe are still on for the double after a facile win over cooraclare today ,while kilmurry ibrickane have goals from dermot coughlin and mark mccarthy either side of half time to shake off a spirited corofin effort

draw tomorrow for the semi finals , cratloe and ,iltown look the strongest sides at the moment

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1046412555093200896

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1046402715520315392

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1046380614801379328

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1046374187122794496

https://twitter.com/clarechampion/status/1046447838568353794

https://twitter.com/KilrushShamrock/status/1046439512988151808

Are you a Kilmihill man? Great result for ye. Woudn't have expected Breckans or Lissycasey to have be in relegation trouble at start of championship especially after their first rounds wins.

Are you a Kilmihill man? Great result for ye. Woudn't have expected Breckans or Lissycasey to have be in relegation trouble at start of championship especially after their first rounds wins.

i am , i can safely say staying up was our main priority this year , mainly the bulk of our team is made up of lads who were minor either last year or the year before its important for them to stay up this year and build again

some of the players on both breckans and lissycasy sides i highly rate , but definitely something is up in both camps , joe mcgann adian davidson alan sweeney maccon byrne are all top footballers at club level and should be pushing for inter county places not relegation play offs

lissycasey have some excellent young players coming through from some really good minor and u21 teams in recent , along with forwards conor finucane and niall kelly who is one of the best free takers in the county they should also be aiming far higher

lissycasey lost narrowly against KIB earlier in the championship anything could happen them now , next years intermediate championship is going to be tough to get out of , as if it wasnt tough enough as it is , the last 3 teams to get relegated are still down there as it is

i am , i can safely say staying up was our main priority this year , mainly the bulk of our team is made up of lads who were minor either last year or the year before its important for them to stay up this year and build again

some of the players on both breckans and lissycasy sides i highly rate , but definitely something is up in both camps , joe mcgann adian davidson alan sweeney maccon byrne are all top footballers at club level and should be pushing for inter county places not relegation play offs

lissycasey have some excellent young players coming through from some really good minor and u21 teams in recent , along with forwards conor finucane and niall kelly who is one of the best free takers in the county they should also be aiming far higher

lissycasey lost narrowly against KIB earlier in the championship anything could happen them now , next years intermediate championship is going to be tough to get out of , as if it wasnt tough enough as it is , the last 3 teams to get relegated are still down there as it is

To be honest thought ye would go down when Corofin survived. Fair play to ye. Ye have a good trainer in Michael Liddane. Played football with him for a few years. Any idea how senior and intermediate championship will be played with 12 teams?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gaatalk

Folks has anyone an idea where could locate local video or highlights of the 1989 classic county senior football final between Kilkee and Doonbeg which went to two or three games played in balmy indian summer in cooraclare around the time clarefm went on air. It was and still is the best co senior football final in at least half a century if not longer. It had skill galore, speed, strength, drama, skilful and manly defending, tactics, and brought the biggest crowd to a gaa match in any part of clare other than an intercounty hurling game or co hurling final in Ennis, will never forget the crowds that packed the stand and the 4 sides of the pitch and the traffic chaos before and after the match on the main roads closeby.
    I would be most greatful if someone could direct me to where could get video of it or on the net as I kind of remember it been videoed locally and shown in pubs for weeks after.

• Advertisement

Gaatalk wrote: »
    Folks has anyone an idea where could locate local video or highlights of the 1989 classic county senior football final between Kilkee and Doonbeg which went to two or three games played in balmy indian summer in cooraclare around the time clarefm went on air. It was and still is the best co senior football final in at least half a century if not longer. It had skill galore, speed, strength, drama, skilful and manly defending, tactics, and brought the biggest crowd to a gaa match in any part of clare other than an intercounty hurling game or co hurling final in Ennis, will never forget the crowds that packed the stand and the 4 sides of the pitch and the traffic chaos before and after the match on the main roads closeby.
    I would be most greatful if someone could direct me to where could get video of it or on the net as I kind of remember it been videoed locally and shown in pubs for weeks after.

its acutally on sale on e-bay at the moment would you believe

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263739260886?rmvSB=true

its acutally on sale on e-bay at the moment would you believe

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263739260886?rmvSB=true

Hi thanks for letting me know re the programme of the 1989 Senior Clare football final. However its a video of the games that id like to source and view them again. I wonder where could be got because was video(s) made of it and the Senior League Football final (Cusack Cup) between the same teams.

Hi thanks for letting me know re the programme of the 1989 Senior Clare football final. However its a video of the games that id like to source and view them again. I wonder where could be got because was video(s) made of it and the Senior League Football final (Cusack Cup) between the same teams.

my mistake sorry , the only people i can think of would be brooks studios in ennis they used to do all the county finals back then

marrinans bar in killkee should have a copy of them games too , its a huge gaa pub back in kilkee

but i am nearly certain brooks in ennis did nearly every final back in the 80s and 90s they mainly do weddings and corporate stuff now but they are bound to have copies of them games from the past

you can contact them below , let us know how you get on with them because i would be interested in some of them finals also from back then

[EMAIL="http://www.brooksvideo.com/#contact-us"]http://www.brooksvideo.com/#contact-us[/EMAIL]

To be honest thought ye would go down when Corofin survived. Fair play to ye. Ye have a good trainer in Michael Liddane. Played football with him for a few years. Any idea how senior and intermediate championship will be played with 12 teams?

Am..... Mick was not on the sideline sunday , apparently he and the players parted ways the previous weekend , not 100% sure exactly why or what happened , but he deserves huge credit in keeping kilmihil up in fairness even if he was not on the line sunday

first of all he took a job nobody wanted , everyone taught we had no chance of staying up especially after losing 7 players from the intermediate final last year

michael was drafted in as a trainer but had to take over the sideline as a manager couldnt be found , the training stood to us in the second half yesterday and the difference in fitness levels was the reason we won , so what ever the disagreement was the club cam be hugely thankful to him for the year he put in

in terms of the championship next year , at the moment there is no direct plan set out as to how it will work but what i hear is a number of clubs are in talks at the moment and the hope the championship will still be 16 teams next year . 12 senior and 4 amalgamated teams , however i personally doubt they will get 4 teams maybe one or two but that was the initial plan when they cut the championship to 12

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ShortKickOut

in terms of the championship next year , at the moment there is no direct plan set out as to how it will work but what i hear is a number of clubs are in talks at the moment and the hope the championship will still be 16 teams next year . 12 senior and 4 amalgamated teams , however i personally doubt they will get 4 teams maybe one or two but that was the initial plan when they cut the championship to 12

That's interesting as I think everyone had assumed it would be down to 12 but the idea of 4 amalgamations sounds great as the current format is very good. In terms of getting four, I assume Kilkee /O Currys/Naomh Eoin would be one, something could be done in North Clare if Breckans go down and possibly Kildysart/Coolmeen would be another but I understand it's a bit hostile there after the recent intermediate clashes. Don't know where a fourth would come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

I'd say it will be next to impossible to get 4 amalgamations working at senior level and, if they do, it's very hard to see them being competitive. Amalgamations at adult level are virtually impossible to get right.

I'd say it will be next to impossible to get 4 amalgamations working at senior level and, if they do, it's very hard to see them being competitive. Amalgamations at adult level are virtually impossible to get right.

they are ,but at this moment in time there are several clubs joined together from u12 level upwards , coolmeen/kildysart , currys/naoimh eoin , klmihil/shannon gaels , kilrush/kilimer , ballyvaughan/cusacks/kilfenora

the problem at the moment is numbers teams are having in west clare , all these amalgamations have been working well for years , the only one that failed was doonbeg/kilkee , and both clubs are regretting that now , kilkee gone now for the next ten years doonbeg will join them in the next few years if they dont do something

kilkee will have to join up with there neighbours at some stage in the next few years as they have taken there eye off the ball in underage for years now ,

i imagine the loser of the intermediate final will join up with there mentioned pairings next year , the north clare clubs are keen on forming some sort of amalgamation also

the only pairing above that cant work next year is shannon gaels/kilmihil as kilmihil are senior , if the gaels joined up with say kilimer next year they can go senior

several clubs are going to have to amalgamate over the ext number of years to survive so it has to happen

That's interesting as I think everyone had assumed it would be down to 12 but the idea of 4 amalgamations sounds great as the current format is very good. In terms of getting four, I assume Kilkee /O Currys/Naomh Eoin would be one, something could be done in North Clare if Breckans go down and possibly Kildysart/Coolmeen would be another but I understand it's a bit hostile there after the recent intermediate clashes. Don't know where a fourth would come from.

a committee was set up a few years back to review the state of clare football , mainly after some heavy beatings teams were taking in the munster club championship

the main aim was to make the intermediate championship stronger , but also to create a number of amalgamations , the first phase of this has been ongoing for at least 5 or 6 years now under age the opportunity will now be there fro them clubs to go senior under the same amalgamation

the idea is to in some way copy the kerry system but also give smaller clubs a chance at senior , apparently the committee have met with several clubs about this and the hope is that we will see a few extra teams in next years championship

• Advertisement

Just to say another point there is no progress at underage football in clare either in my opinion.
    Take for instance the secondary schools and west clare schools team that was I think in the corn ui muiri munster schools championship has been making no real progress. If the combination of secondary schools in west clare cant compete at the top level well then no hope for clare minor teams etc that represent clare.
    In football there is alot of talk and cockiness in clare with nothing to show for it!

its got nothing to do with the quality of football , the fact is clare football it too lopsided , this year out of say 26 or 27 football teams in the county 16 of them were senior , which is crazy . in kerry its the other way round , a team must be deserving of its place in senior

if there is 16 teams in the kerry championship normally only 7 or 8 would be club teams and the rest amalgamated from the rest of the county which makes the championship far stronger , for example the size of o'currys parrish vs the size of kilmurry ibrickane's is vastly different a small parrish like that has no chance in competing , but adding in say one or two neighbouring parrish's makes them competitive

its been proven to work underage so far , its nothing to do with trying to be like kerry but the fact is the kerry module in how to run a club championship is better then the way we are running ours at the moment

Just to say another point there is no progress at underage football in clare either in my opinion.
    Take for instance the secondary schools and west clare schools team that was I think in the corn ui muiri munster schools championship has been making no real progress. If the combination of secondary schools in west clare cant compete at the top level well then no hope for clare minor teams etc that represent clare.
    In football there is alot of talk and cockiness in clare with nothing to show for it!

nonsense all of clare's under age in hurling and football has been run through the development squads for years now hence the 4 u21 all irelands , which led to the senior in 13 and the league in 16 , add in the footballers wining division 3 along with making the last 8 in 16 also , the minors have got to the last 8 in football the last to years also which is along way better then a large number of football counties are doing at the moment

its years ago since schools teams led to underage here in fact thats why the development squads came in to place as the schools way was not working

its got nothing to do with the quality of football , the fact is clare football it too lopsided , this year out of say 26 or 27 football teams in the county 16 of them were senior , which is crazy . in kerry its the other way round , a team must be deserving of its place in senior

if there is 16 teams in the kerry championship normally only 7 or 8 would be club teams and the rest amalgamated from the rest of the county which makes the championship far stronger , for example the size of o'currys parrish vs the size of kilmurry ibrickane's is vastly different a small parrish like that has no chance in competing , but adding in say one or two neighbouring parrish's makes them competitive

its been proven to work underage so far , its nothing to do with trying to be like kerry but the fact is the kerry module in how to run a club championship is better then the way we are running ours at the moment

I disagree with most of what you have said except to say yes clare football is loopsided but lets be frank its actually in shocking dire straits since 1992 regardless even if 3 munster clubs were won more to do with munsters standard dropping down.

As for your take that the kerry module is better, well its higher standard of skilful football below there. The Clare championship should be run off in 8 or 10 teams max. There are hardlly no more than 5 to 6 competitive senior teams at the moment in Clare so 8 teams would be enough at most. The idea of adding joined up parishes to make up teams is pure nonsense just because towns like even Kilkee & Kilrush & in the past places like Ennistymon and Lisdoonvarna could not get up to senior grade. The cop out is to join forces! You wont see killarney joining up with Tralee. And yes where the big ball is concerned Clare are copycats t kerry. No wonder Clare bow to them every time they meet them in the field!

nonsense all of clare's under age in hurling and football has been run through the development squads for years now hence the 4 u21 all irelands , which led to the senior in 13 and the league in 16 , add in the footballers wining division 3 along with making the last 8 in 16 also , the minors have got to the last 8 in football the last to years also which is along way better then a large number of football counties are doing at the moment

its years ago since schools teams led to underage here in fact thats why the development squads came in to place as the schools way was not working

Its not nonsense I disagree with you completely.
    Now regarding the football you are clutching at straws very very much to suggest that the underage development football squad led to Clares Div 3 title and getting into the last 8 in 16 and the minors doing well. Lets be frank when clare got into the last 8 with a lot of luck in 16 they then folded up in style again to Kerry just as they did in Munster t same year! So the development squad has not instilled confidence into them to beat Kerry nor never will id reckon.
    Furthermore 2016 was a once off never built on it last year or this year and still loose to Kerry either narrowily at home or in hammerings in Killarney Fact! Winning a Div3 title isnt exactly groundbreaking success is it but more a sign of the low base at! As regards your take that the minors have done well. They have not but deluded themselves and got bad hammerings 2 or 3 yrs in a row to kerry yet again in munster finals!

Ah yes indeed good night now no wild dreams of Sam coming to Clare because Sam doesnt even enter a dream. But we might dream of Liam again as always dream Liam is sooner to coming to Clare than Sam. Night.

• Advertisement

Ah yes indeed good night now no wild dreams of Sam coming to Clare because Sam doesnt even enter a dream. But we might dream of Liam again as always dream Liam is sooner to coming to Clare than Sam. Night.

What county are you from?

Its not nonsense I disagree with you completely.
    Now regarding the football you are clutching at straws very very much to suggest that the underage development football squad led to Clares Div 3 title and getting into the last 8 in 16 and the minors doing well. Lets be frank when clare got into the last 8 with a lot of luck in 16 they then folded up in style again to Kerry just as they did in Munster t same year! So the development squad has not instilled confidence into them to beat Kerry nor never will id reckon.
    Furthermore 2016 was a once off never built on it last year or this year and still loose to Kerry either narrowily at home or in hammerings in Killarney Fact! Winning a Div3 title isnt exactly groundbreaking success is it but more a sign of the low base at! As regards your take that the minors have done well. They have not but deluded themselves and got bad hammerings 2 or 3 yrs in a row to kerry yet again in munster finals!

well this is clares level sadly , when you only have just over 20 clubs to work with its as good as your going to get i am afraid

I disagree with most of what you have said except to say yes clare football is loopsided but lets be frank its actually in shocking dire straits since 1992 regardless even if 3 munster clubs were won more to do with munsters standard dropping down.

As for your take that the kerry module is better, well its higher standard of skilful football below there. The Clare championship should be run off in 8 or 10 teams max. There are hardlly no more than 5 to 6 competitive senior teams at the moment in Clare so 8 teams would be enough at most. The idea of adding joined up parishes to make up teams is pure nonsense just because towns like even Kilkee & Kilrush & in the past places like Ennistymon and Lisdoonvarna could not get up to senior grade. The cop out is to join forces! You wont see killarney joining up with Tralee. And yes where the big ball is concerned Clare are copycats t kerry. No wonder Clare bow to them every time they meet them in the field!

just to clarify on what i said yesterday , teams are not amalgamating around west clare to copy kerry they are doing so to stay in existence , ...as you know as you are from co clare :rolleyes: ...any way ....

kilkee kilrush doonbeg wherever ... cant keep on to players after under age because there is **** all work available to them when they finish collage in west clare , most players travel or move up the country and lose contact with the club

that why they will have to join together over the next few years , this has been obvious to everyone else on this page for virtually the last ten years now as these clubs have been alamageted in some way under age and now will have to do it at senior

this is where you fail the i am not a robot test :pac::pac:

What county are you from?

it makes no difference :rolleyes:

just banned gaatalk from the thread if any one has any problem with users in the future please pm me ,

ok with 2 big semi finals coming up over the weekend here were the thoughts of the winning teams two weeks ago starting off with the talented jacob loughnanes father pat of the O'C mills along with 4 players we have talked about on the thread that are not on the clare starting 15 at the moment , niall deasy after his 1-13 against inagh, gary cooney on his rise to senior ranks , All Star Conor Ryans Excellent younger brother diarmuid on his brilliant year so far , and finally Mikey 'the pikey' O'Neill kilmallys top scorer this year and county panelist fails to give an explanation on his pikey Tg4 Entrance against Eire Og in the 1/4 final :pac::pac::pac:

[YOUTUBEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diLgS1YrHfs][/YOUTUBE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

The 10 euro I spent going into Cusack park was worth every cent just to see Tony Kelly in action..a class act.
    He must of covered every inch of grass, the skill and running with and without the ball, and great decision making..wow.

As a Mills supporter it was a disapointment but the better team won.

4Ad wrote: »
    The 10 euro I spent going into Cusack park was worth every cent just to see Tony Kelly in action..a class act.
    He must of covered every inch of grass, the skill and running with and without the ball, and great decision making..wow.

As a Mills supporter it was a disapointment but the better team won.

great year for the mills and some promising years ahead , gary cooney was excellent again today , sean cotter ,sean o gorman , adian fawl and jacob loughnane all had excellent campaigains , both kevin o callaghan and colin crehan were two very useful subs to have also , this will be a huge learning curve for the lads coming out of the underage ranks for sure

while conor cooney had an excellent game today i felt paddy donnellan was wasted on cillian brennan who wasnt doing much , also tacitly i felt at the time that maybe ye should have pushed up in the last ten minutes when ye needed a goal

it was an excellent effort and a great game to watch in general , great year all round in fairness the performance against wolfe tones especially was excellent , one of them days where everything worked today sadly when your up against the likes of kelly in that form scoring 1-09 from play there probably is not much you can do

kevin sheehan deserves huge credit for the job he has done with ballyea this year , fergie o loughlin was the appointed manager at the start of the year , he left after round 3 of the clare cup , i imagine it is hugely different managing a side like ballyea with so many inter county players on both codes and the various football teams that players are pooled from in west clare , fergie was entering a completely different environment from the one he left last year in clooney/quinn

sheehan was only back from holidays when he was approached to take over the team , he would have probably being playing in goals today if fergie was still in charge, on top of that several players missing from the previous year he has worked wonders , captain stan lineen , cathal doohan , gudgie o'connell , padjo connelly , injured players paul flanagan and damien burke who all featured heavily in the run to croke park two years ago all out , they enter the county final unbeaten in the championship , and while deasey and kelly are playing well he has got the best out of the squad players that were asked to step in , especially brandon o'connell and gus keane

round up of saturdays games , ballyea meet either cratloe or kilmaley in two weeks time , feakle are one game away from regaining senior status , corofin or tubber will be the team that will try and stop them in the final , while crusheen win the consolation prize of senior b honors in a repeat of the 2007 senior decider , brave effort by tulla infairness very even game

Clare Senior Hurling Champ semi-Final:
    Ballyea 1 – 21 O'Callaghan's Mills 1 – 17

Senior B Hurling Champ Final:
    Crusheen 0 – 18 Tulla 0 - 16

Intermediate Hurling Champ Semi-Final:
    Feakle 2 – 21 Scariff 0 - 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Is there much of a rivalry between Feakle and Scariff? Many's the night out I had in Scariff when staying with the relatives in Feakle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Is there much of a rivalry between Feakle and Scariff? Many's the night out I had in Scariff when staying with the relatives in Feakle.

Yep. Serious rivalry. More intense than Windy & GT.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Compared to Feakle vs Broadford:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Figerty wrote: »
    Compared to Feakle vs Broadford:D

Are Broadford not the default rivals for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭supernova5

They wouldn't be exactly noted for their style, grace and sportsmanship on the field anyway, they knew how to make the hurling pitch a war zone [certainly that was the case some decades ago, not sure about now]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

supernova5 wrote: »
    They wouldn't be exactly noted for their style, grace and sportsmanship on the field anyway, they knew how to make the hurling pitch a war zone [certainly that was the case some decades ago, not sure about now]

They went supernova a few weeks ago.....or more big bang theory..

• Advertisement

:D:D:D hahaha very good , he should be back in a few days which we all cant wait for i am sure :D

Are Broadford not the default rivals for everyone?

broadford , smith o'brians and bodyke would have to enter the list of lets say "firms' in clare hurling bit like milwall, chealsea and west ham in the 80s :pac: tulla deserve a mention also as a rival of the rest of the county

listening to a few lads over the weekend talking about the recent brawls up in the ulster counties doing the rounds online at the moment

they were obviously absent from cusack park the day wolfe tones and the smiths ended up inside the terrace across from the main stand in an intermediate championship game a few years ago :)

CusackParkGateFallDuringFightSept2015_large.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Could this be the year off a st.josephs miltown vs kib in d final be some rivarly if it happens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭letowski

https://twitter.com/ClareSenHurlers/status/1050019894849404930

Hopefully round 2 is on the 26th of May. Kind of an awkward fixture list, would have preferred a home game to start. But its the Munster championship, no matter which way you spin it, its going to be really tough to get out of.

Dickie9 wrote: »
    Could this be the year off a st.josephs miltown meet kib in d final be some rivarly if it happens!!

too hard to call , there is always something that gets in the way of this fixture from happening , cratloe are flying at the moment and there fitness levels dont show any sign of dropping , miltown probably are favorites this time out though both sides beat clondegad this year in championship , miltown were far more impressive and enfactic in there win then what cratloe were so i make them favorites

however if there is a possible upset on the cards dont be too surprised to see ennistymon turn over kilmurry , bar dermot coughlans excellent performance and goals either side of half time kilmurry were in huge trouble against corofin in the 1/4 final

ennistymon are a huge step up from that and will go toe to toe with kilmurry , they beat them in the championship the last time they met 3 years ago and they probably are stronger now then what they were then , the only thing keeping kilmurry going at the moment is keelan sexton and dermot coughlin they are not as strong as they were in the past out around the field

if it were a mltown v kilmurry final i would make miltown favorites on how much better they have played up to now

letowski wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ClareSenHurlers/status/1050019894849404930

Hopefully round 2 is on the 26th of May. Kind of an awkward fixture list, would have preferred a home game to start. But its the Munster championship, no matter which way you spin it, its going to be really tough to get out of.

it would have to be may 26th other wise there is no point in a two week break and we will have to play 3 games in 3 weeks like limerick this year , i still think this format suits us more then the older one especially two guaranteed home games

if there was one tweak i would make is , the 4 teams that dont make the top 3 in leinster and munster play off against each other for a place in round 3 and join the joe mcdonagh winner rather then having 2 macdonagh cup teams in round 3

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭letsseehere14

it would have to be may 26th other wise there is no point in a two week break and we will have to play 3 games in 3 weeks like limerick this year , i still think this format suits us more then the older one especially two guaranteed home games

if there was one tweak i would make is , the 4 teams that dont make the top 3 in leinster and munster play off against each other for a place in round 3 and join the joe mcdonagh winner rather then having 2 macdonagh cup teams in round 3

Problem being if it is the 26th of May then both Waterford and Tipp will be drawing the short straw 2 years in a row, by being the teams to play 3 weeks in a row.
    If its the 2nd of June it will be Limerick and Clare. So either Waterford and Tipp get punished twice in a row or we have to take a hit this year.
    Interestingly look at the Leinster Hurling Champtionship 2019, played over 6 weeks also but formatted so as nobody has to play 3 games in a row, yet the Munster council cant sort themselves out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Pure joke from the Munster council, hopefully they see sense as there's plenty of time to match what Leinster has done.
    Problem being if it is the 26th of May then both Waterford and Tipp will be drawing the short straw 2 years in a row, by being the teams to play 3 weeks in a row.
    If its the 2nd of June it will be Limerick and Clare. So either Waterford and Tipp get punished twice in a row or we have to take a hit this year.
    Interestingly look at the Leinster Hurling Champtionship 2019, played over 6 weeks also but formatted so as nobody has to play 3 games in a row, yet the Munster council cant sort themselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

funnyname wrote: »
    Pure joke from the Munster council, hopefully they see sense as there's plenty of time to match what Leinster has done.
    Just shows what clowns are in the Munster council, there was ample time to come up with a schedule that would have seen no team play more than 2 weeks in a row but the dinosaurs didnt have the imagination for it, shows how amateur the administrators are compared to players and management teams nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

funnyname wrote: »
    Just shows what clowns are in the Munster council, there was ample time to come up with a schedule that would have seen no team play more than 2 weeks in a row but the dinosaurs didnt have the imagination for it, shows how amateur the administrators are compared to players and management teams nowadays

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement