Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Israeli apartheid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Sykes wrote: »
    The quote is from the Hebron protocol. Why don't you use google instead of asking me to find you multiple sources. I gave you a source.

Will this do? it's the Israeli government website.
    http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Peace+Process/Guide+to+the+Peace+Process/Protocol+Concerning+the+Redeployment+in+Hebron.htm

I'm not sure you'll accept any source other than from a Hamas-run site.
    The text you quted in bold does not appear in the protocol. It is from the Wikipedia page. What the protocol says is:
    Israel will retain all powers and responsibilities for internal security and public order in Area H-2. In addition, Israel will continue to carry the responsibility for overall security of Israelis.
    Nowhere here does it state that the settlers have the right to stay there under the law. As I stated before, it is similar to Area C where the Israelis have administrative and security control. It is still illegally occupied under international law. Once again, please cite a reputable source that states that the settlers in Hebron have a legal right to stay there.

You also didn't address the rest of my post but nevermind. I don't really believe you are here for a grown up debate.

Oh, and I don't give a shit about Hamas. They're a bunch of shits and thugs.

Anyway, I'm not going to reply to your posts that are hysterical nonsense that are irrelivant to the subject of the thread. I think it has been dragged off topic enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

One of these tiresome anti-israeli threads pops up every now and then but this is by far the worst, the quality of debate on both sides just seems pretty lousy.

Its not worth wasting any time on beyond what I've said before about the settlements, that they're a huge waste of resources and Israel should disengage from them.

regular as clockwork Blaas, regular as clockwork.

Cue an anti US thread soon, anti anyone who tries to make a difference in this world and see a sense of fair play and freedom.

regular as clockwork Blaas, regular as clockwork.

Cue an anti US thread soon, anti anyone who tries to make a difference in this world and see a sense of fair play and freedom.
    Do you ever contribute to the actual subject of these threads or do you just come on with your "usual suspects" and "anti-this and that" comments? I could easily talk about the "usual suspects like clockwork not contributing to threads and talking about the usual suspects". Pointless isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The UN (..........)-dollar.

Would you mind getting back to me re this please?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64504644&postcount=60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Sykes

Nodin wrote: »
    Would you mind getting back to me re this please?
    Ireland? neutral? I don't think it's particularly neutral to welcome in Nazis after the war with open arms, giving them homes and finding them new jobs to make the rest of their lives all nice and rosy after having just committed one of the most heinous acts in humanity

You know who else were allies to the Nazis? the 'Palestinians'. Although that's not mentioned in the media, conveniently forgotten about. There was a time during the 90's that it was fashionable amongst 'Palestinians' to change their names to 'Hitler'. A 'palestinian' government minister changed his name to Hitler.

No wonder you lot are so up their arse. You share a lot in common. Terrorism, Nazism and anti-semitism. It wasn't surprising therefore to find warm relations between the IRA and Hezbollah as well as Libya.

I've tried to tell Israelis that their biggest enemy in Europe is Ireland and the Irish people. They don't 'get it' yet because they're still caught up in the global P.R. campaign the Americans ran for you which turned you from a violent, sectarian society that welcomed the Nazis, to 'loveable, drunken rogues always up for a laugh and a party'.

• Advertisement

You've already been banned from After Hours with this sort of carry on. I'd advise against it in Politics. They're a lot stricter in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

Ireland? neutral? I don't think it's particularly neutral to welcome in Nazis after the war with open arms, giving them homes and finding them new jobs to make the rest of their lives all nice and rosy after having just committed one of the most heinous acts in humanity

You know who else were allies to the Nazis? the 'Palestinians'. Although that's not mentioned in the media, conveniently forgotten about. There was a time during the 90's that it was fashionable amongst 'Palestinians' to change their names to 'Hitler'. A 'palestinian' government minister changed his name to Hitler.

No wonder you lot are so up their arse. You share a lot in common. Terrorism, Nazism and anti-semitism. It wasn't surprising therefore to find warm relations between the IRA and Hezbollah as well as Libya.

I've tried to tell Israelis that their biggest enemy in Europe is Ireland and the Irish people. They don't 'get it' yet because they're still caught up in the global P.R. campaign the Americans ran for you which turned you from a violent, sectarian society that welcomed the Nazis, to 'loveable, drunken rogues always up for a laugh and a party'.

I thought we were occupied by Britain and they were quite aggressive and violent towards us for a couple of hundred years. But we are the terrorists? I suggest you release a history book as what you say is fascinating, you should spread the word. I mean, yeah the situation in Ireland was all Irelands fault, it had nothing to do with an empire installing penal law and controlling the country. Do you have any alternate history of the slave trade, the apartheid in south africa? i'd love to hear your take on these

I thought we were occupied by Britain and they were quite aggressive and violent towards us for a couple of hundred years.
    They let you take over Liverpool without so much as a 'thank you' from you lot.

Liverpool is apart of the UK, not IReland. I'm confused

They let you take over Liverpool without so much as a 'thank you' from you lot.

Oh and let me just say, thank you so much for controlling my country to benefit the britsih empire for hundreds of years. Don't worry about the famine where you exported away all the food that had been grown on Irish land by Irish people and let us starve to death. Interestingly, alot of historians think that was genocide as there was more than enough food in Irealnd at the time. Business was business though and paddys were paddys

• Advertisement

Oh and let me just say, thank you so much for controlling my country to benefit the britsih empire for hundreds of years. Don't worry about the famine where you exported away all the food that had been grown on Irish land by Irish people and let us starve to death. Interestingly, alot of historians think that was genocide

Wipe your tears child. You as a 'nation' have done a lot of harm to others. You were the grassroots and the finance that lead to the blowing up of a lot of people.

Empire building back in those days was standard procedure. We don't cry about the Romans anymore or hate the Italians for empire building in our country.

You and the 'palestinians' are the pioneers of modern day terrorism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ireland? neutral?(......) acts in humanity .

You stated
    Can I remind you that we the allies (I don't mean Ireland of course, they were on the Nazi side)

That doesn't seem to relate to a few Nazis being here after the war. It states that Ireland was "on the Nazi side", opposite the allies, in WWII.

If having Nazis present after the war constitutes being "on the Nazi side", wouldn't that mean that America and Britain were actually "on the Nazi side" too, using that logic?
    You know who else were allies to the Nazis? the 'Palestinians'. )

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'. Thus Americans in the war of US independence sought aid from Royalist france. They are not considered supporters of the house of Bourbon, however.

More recently, and perhaps more relevant...the Lehi offered full and active support of Nazi Germany against Britain in return for German recognition of an Israeli state. They are now honoured with a decoration by the Israeli state. They are not considered Nazis.

Wipe your tears child. You as a 'nation' have done a lot of harm to others. You were the grassroots and the finance that lead to the blowing up of a lot of people.

Empire building back in those days was standard procedure. We don't cry about the Romans anymore or hate the Italians for empire building in our country.

You and the 'palestinians' are the pioneers of modern day terrorism.

As i already mentioned and you ignored, it has been stated by very well know accredited historians that the famine was a form of genocide. It happened only 70 years before WWII which you have mentioned and seems to be apart of your point. Care to address that.

How am i the pioneer of modern day terrorism? I have a job; have never committed an act of violence. Care to explain what exactly you are saying.

Also, do a bit of research, the first terrorist act occurred in Paris. It was during the 1800s, a lower class citizen set off a bomb in a upper class café in Paris to highlight the class divide

Let's stop derailing this thread with your potato nonsense and the like.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Right - this has gone the way of all such threads. Closed, infractions on the way.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Sykes banned, thread reopened.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Let's stop derailing this thread with your potato nonsense and the like.

Cheers.

I think it was you who dragged it off topic. you mentioned the famine first, i prefer that term to 'potato nonsense' as alot of people died and it could have been so easily avoided as there was more than enough food being harvested by Irish poeple at the time. You also mentioned us as being the founders of modern terroism, siding with nazis along with many other racist remarks clearly showing your hate for the Irish poeple and it's history. You could refer to a disaster such as the potato famine, that reduced our population from approx 8million to 4million as 'nonsense'. You're true colours came shining through.

Apologies to other rational posters for responding to the drivel posted in his deluded, radical and racist remarks.

Well, now that the thread is reopened, thanks Scofflaw, we can get back to the topic at hand.

Here's some very illuminating information on the discrimination between Isrealis in West Jerusalem and Palestinians in Israeli occupied East Jerusalem:

Palestinian residents of East Jerusalem live under different regulations than Palestinian residents of the rest of the West Bank due to GOI annexation of East Jerusalem in 1967 which exists in violation of multiple UN Security Council resolutions. Under the Oslo Accords, the status of East Jerusalem was left to final status negotiations and therefore Palestinian residents of East Jerusalem are currently considered neither citizens of Israel nor residents of WB&G. Instead, they have received Jerusalem identification cards from GOI, but are not necessarily eligible for Israeli passports nor allowed to accept Palestinian passports or travel documents. GOI can revoke Jerusalem IDs if it determines that Jerusalem ceases to be the "center of life" of the ID-holder. As part of this process, checks on official residences are conducted including entering homes to look for signs of residency. Obtaining a foreign passport, or residing in a foreign country for more than three years for purposes other than education, can also result in revocation of Jerusalem IDs. These restrictions and procedures, however, do not apply to Israeli residents of settlements in East Jerusalem. According to statistics of Israel’s Ministry of Interior, between 1967 and 2006 more than 8,200 Palestinians had their Jerusalem ID’s revoked, with the justification for revocation in the vast majority of cases being that the ID-holder had relocated abroad.60 According to statistics gathered by B’Tselem, over 1360 Palestinians from Jerusalem had their ID cards revoked in 2006 – more than in any previous year since 1967 and a 500% increase over the number of revocations in 200561. Palestinians with IDs from other parts of the West Bank need a special permit to access East Jerusalem and then can enter through only four established "crossings". Eight crossings have been provided for Israeli citizens or residents, including settlers, who need no permits.62

There is evidence that the application of zoning and planning provisions and the enforcement of building regulations is discriminatory in the Palestinian areas of East Jerusalem compared with that in Israeli neighborhoods. This has a negative impact not only on housing availability and costs, but has also constrained business activity in what has been an important business center for the Palestinian economy. According to a report released by Bimkom, an Israeli organization with expertise in zoning and planning, "planning in East Jerusalem is based on considerations that do not meet accepted legal, administrative and constitutional norms, such as governmental fairness, reasonability, proportionality and protection of human rights". The result of these policies is that building and expansion in Palestinian areas of East Jerusalem has been severely constrained by the failure of the Israeli authorities to provide permission for expansion or new construction. Moreover, when construction does take place without permission, the authorities are much more likely to take action against Palestinian violators. In the period of 1996-2000, for example, the number of recorded building violations was four and a half times higher in Israeli neighborhoods of Jerusalem (17,382 violations) than in Palestinian neighborhoods of East Jerusalem (3,846 violations). Nevertheless, during this same period, the number of demolition orders issued in West Jerusalem was four time less (86 orders) than the number in East Jerusalem (348 orders). In other words, while over 80 percent of building violations were recorded in West Jerusalem, 80 percent of actual demolition orders were issued for buildings in Palestinian East Jerusalem. Between 1999 and 2003, 157 Palestinian-owned buildings were demolished, while only 30 Israeli-owned buildings met the same fate.
      Source

Some more interesting information.
      The uneven distribution of services between East and West Jerusalem is well known. The Jerusalem municipality collects around 30 percent of the municipal taxes in East Jerusalem from Palestinian residents. However, less than 10 percent of its budget is returned back to them in the form of municipal services. Accumulated over the years since 1967, it amounts to huge and unjust differences in public service and living standard between East and West Jerusalem.

The Municipality presented the following data on the East-West gap in 1999:
      • There were 743 inhabitants per kilometre sewage pipe in West compared to 2,809 in East;
      • There were 690 inhabitants per kilometre of sidewalk in West compared to 2,917 in East;
      • There were 710 inhabitants per kilometre of road in West compared to 2,448 in East;
      • There were 1,079 public gardens in West compared to 29 in East;
      • There were 36 swimming pools in West compared to 0 in East;
      • There were 531 sport facilities in West compared to 33 in East;
      • There were 26 libraries in West compared to 2 in East;
      • There were 1,451 playgrounds in West compared to 2 in East.
      The East Jerusalem Palestinians make up 32 percent of the city's population, but received less than ten percent of the municipal budget. In the national budget their share is even smaller. In 1995, they received less than one percent (NIS 1.5 million) of the NIS 175 million allocated by the government to Jerusalem. Most of this money directed to a new highway that ran through a Palestinian neighbourhood, but which would serve large numbers of Jewish settlers.

The total amount of money spent in East Jerusalem was NIS 229,475,277 in the year 2000. This is 8.7 percent of the total municipal budget, which was NIS 2,640,320,000. This means that the Jerusalem Municipality spends about six times more on its Jewish population in comparison to its Palestinian population. Accumulated over the years since 1967, it amounts to huge and unjust differences in public services between East and West Jerusalem.
      Source

1. Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

An interesting video on Al Jazeera, that back up the claims made in the OP's video regarding Israel land theft, which is even happening during there so called "freeze":

Israeli settlements still expanding

So again, I think there is a lot of evidence that can easily be found that back ups a lot of the video posted by the OP.

2. Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Well, now that the thread is reopened, thanks Scofflaw, we can get back to the topic at hand.

Here's some very illuminating information on the discrimination between Isrealis in West Jerusalem and Palestinians in Israeli occupied East Jerusalem:

Source

Some more interesting information.

Source

Damning stuff :

Reminds me of apartheid South Africa.

There really should be sanctions placed upon Israel by the International Community.

3. Advertisement
    4. Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭joesoap007

With the exception of 1929-1967, Hebron has had a Jewish presence for centuries/millennia. Long before Islam and long before 'Palestinians' were created.

Hebron was the scene of a massacre of Jews by 'palestinians' in 1929, long before the reestablishment of Israel or any 'occupation'.

Here is the most important part for you and propagandists like you - under the 1997 agreement (the Hebron protocol) with the 'palestinians', Israel would keep a Jewish presence in Hebron.

Perhaps you should devote more time to fact-finding.
      138 Jews killed and 399 wounded. 110 Arabs were killed and 232 wounded plus a further six who were killed by Jews.

massacre ? or just a roit were both sides killed each other

propagandists lol

5. Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

The Saint wrote: »
      Not even worthy of a response tbh.

Then why did you respond??:rolleyes:

6. Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

comeraghs wrote: »
      only one side has threatened to wipe out every single man, woman & child of the other side.

only one side trains it´s children & mentally handicapped to murder innocent civilians.

for every Palestinian refugee in 1948 .. there was a Jewish refugee from the Arabs countries & Iran ... Isreal accepted & integrated these refugees ... why didn´t the Musilm world do the same to the Plaestinian refugees?

if Israel allows 1 million Arabs live inside its borders, why should 100,000 or so Jews not live in the West Bank,

And also, a prominent muslim looney that runs iran says "the WW2 holocaust against the Jews didn't even happen".

muslims write history to suit themselves, muslims cannot accept the truth

7. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

What makes you think that he's a 'Loonie'??

where did he say it DIDNT happen, he merely organised a conference to discuss the details and see if some Truth could be established on the matter, many people Question the 6 Million figure, but apparently thats against the law in a few countries.

and anyway doesent everyone write their own history to some extent, or rewrite bits that they dont like about their past to cast themselves in a better light, I'm not a fan of the process but History is oddly enough a rather biased affair for trhe most part.

8. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The Jews are screwed once the Americans stop supporting them and giving them money. I hope those guys know how to build houses under the sea, because they are going to get some serious comeuppance.

9. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

old_aussie wrote: »
      And also, a prominent muslim looney that runs iran says "the WW2 holocaust against the Jews didn't even happen".

WTF is this. One Muslims opinion does not mean that all Muslims are the same.
      Oh and if you actually keep up the news the Military is really running Iran now along with a few clerics. Ahmajinedad is merely a puppet.

10. Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

jank wrote: »
      WTF is this. One Muslims opinion does not mean that all Muslims are the same.
      Oh and if you actually keep up the news the Military is really running Iran now along with a few clerics. Ahmajinedad is merely a puppet.

The military may have inordinate influence but only under the religous leaders !

11. Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Augmerson wrote: »
      The Jews are screwed once the Americans stop supporting them and giving them money. I hope those guys know how to build houses under the sea, because they are going to get some serious comeuppance.
      I have news for you. Israel is the only country with which the US has a ' special relationship'. Not my words but those of former Uk Minister, Michael Heseltine, speaking on UK TV recently,

12. Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭joesoap007

old_aussie wrote: »

stop watching mainstream media news dude

your from australia?.take a look at the video

not starting a fight but australia lobbyed for a fake war in iraq

can you see your been spoon fed bullsh1t just like the U.S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykd-syzZ4ZY

have a look at this one as well ples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mScWWtRfGQ

13. Advertisement
    14. Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Some nice pictures of the Israeli riot police in action in East Jerusalem on UPI, I particularly liked this one http://www.upi.com/News_Photos/News/Day-of-Rage-in-East-Jerusalem/3094/24/

Advertisement