Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    You'll only get it if you're unbranded, check your CID and see... typical o2 and three taking weeeeekkks to get it sorted out.

Weeks on Three...they haven't even released 1.29 and apparently aren't going to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

You'll only get it if you're unbranded, check your CID and see... typical o2 and three taking weeeeekkks to get it sorted out.

I bought mine unbranded from CarPhoneWarehouse on Three network, no sign of update for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

I'm running the 4.0.4 with sense 4.1 update.
    Phone is much faster (htc sense) and definitely more stable. Haven't had the sense "loading" screen since I changed, use to get that a few times a day before.

Can't really say for definite but battery life seems better.
    I'm 1d 9hr 02m and I've 40% battery left.
    that's with screen on auto, WiFi on for about half that time, about 6 calls, all over bluetooth.

Edit: forgot to say mine is a 3 branded HTC one x. I gave up waiting on updates and just did the htcdev unlock and installed the newer rom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

lafors wrote: »
    I'm running the 4.0.4 with sense 4.1 update.
    Phone is much faster (htc sense) and definitely more stable. Haven't had the sense "loading" screen since I changed, use to get that a few times a day before.

Can't really say for definite but battery life seems better.
    I'm 1d 9hr 02m and I've 40% battery left.
    that's with screen on auto, WiFi on for about half that time, about 6 calls, all over bluetooth.

Its standby time is always amazing, like better than the s4 but more importantly, what's the screen on time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Unbranded here too, no sign of the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Its standby time is always amazing, like better than the s4 but more importantly, what's the screen on time?

I can get 4 and a half hours web browsing and facebook, 6-7 watching videos and 8+ reading / using the kindle app.

of screen on time in settings>power>display :eek: I don't think I ever got more than 4, which, on xda is really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

of screen on time in settings>power>display :eek: I don't think I ever got more than 4, which, on xda is really good.

Im running ARHD 9.1 , some posts I have left on the Battery stats thread on xda.

On a lazy day at home I would usually get 4 and a half, Auto-sync Off 20% brightness, wifi/3g on when needed and webrowsing/facebook/tapatalk and a bit of Youtube.

Days when I get 5+ hours il have watched some videos or read using the kindle app. :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=30091526#post30091526

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0ztp912tpl6gb5/2012-07-18%2016.02.26.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umedv8rpmzgs5hh/2012-07-18%2016.02.41.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/29rlee6i1q4bxyk/2012-07-16%2016.40.42.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrb639m9pbb8zi4/2012-07-16%2016.41.16.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

srdb20 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got this update yet in the UK or Ireland?

Just curious as to Speed and Battery gains, was thinking of getting rid of my one x, but will hold on till after this update and see.

I just downloaded this now on my One V. It popped up there about an hour ago that the update was ready. Off to peruse it now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Kxiii wrote: »
    Nope and been checking couple of time a day since they announced it.

I have moved well past this stage by now.
    No sign of it for my phone and I find it very disappointing.
    Only have it a few months and already Androids crappy updates are hitting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm thinking of getting the One X with Three. I've never been with them, does anyone know if the One X comes with much bloatware, or if it woud likely appear after updating to the next version of Android? Also, how easily can they be disabled/removed without rooting the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I'm thinking of getting the One X with Three. I've never been with them, does anyone know if the One X comes with much bloatware, or if it woud likely appear after updating to the next version of Android? Also, how easily can they be disabled/removed without rooting the phone?

The phones themselves are fairly clean. Beyond the Sense overlay you shouldn't find much bloatware. It's the networks that add the bloatware; I can't comment on 3, but generally it's a simple case of long-press-uninstalling - although there are certain networks that like to stick non-removable crap wherever they can, but I think the main culprits there are in the US.

After updating to future android versions you shouldn't find any additional stuff you don't want. If you want a completely clean android experience you can easily opt for a non-modified stock nexus-like android version. One of the benefits of android is that it's very easy to remove things you don't want and configure the device as per your own requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

According to the Meteor forums re: 4.0.4 and 4.1 update for the One X
    Just got confirmation that it should be available on the 3rd of September.

http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/HTC/HTC-One-X-4-0-4-update/m-p/59404#M846

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

Unbranded on Three

Just got notification and downloading update android 4.04 with sense 4.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Available for me to download as well. Unbranded on emobile.

• Advertisement

Available for me too - unbranded on Meteor. I guess Meteor just gave a later deadline to keep people passive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Downloading this too - unbranded Meteor

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I got it just now, I'm on 02.
    What are the changes, anything worth noting?

Zascar wrote: »

Here is what HTC have to say about it
    As part of our ongoing commitment to ensure customers are receiving software updates that improve their user experience, we are pleased to announce our next upgrade for the HTC One X will be released on August 10th.

The primary update will include an upgrade to Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), in addition to an improved Sense experience which will: enable the ability to map menu function to the ‘recent app’ key (improving visual presentation in non ICS apps like Facebook); improve tab management in the browser with a dedicated tab switching button and enhance camera capabilities such as white balance and continuous autofocus. Furthermore, customers can expect enhancements to memory, platform stability and the overall browsing experience. Other improvements include a Single Sign-On for Facebook allowing user access across applications and browsers and upgrades to Beats audio, which reflect our dedication to providing an authentic sound experience.

From a developer perspective, we are expanding SDK support for Media Link and providing a framework for video call applications to achieve improved performance and quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm trying to use htcdev.com to unlock the bootloader. Did anyone have any problems with the site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭loopymum

polaris68 wrote: »
    Available for me to download as well. Unbranded on emobile.

Same here, just installed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Downloaded and installed, I'm not going to miss the menu icon on the end of some apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just installed the update, definitely seems to be some general speed updates alright.

Also, no menu bar! Yipee!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

dead space game free too i think...

EDIT: there's an ea app with dead space free and free trials of other games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Why does it always take me so long to get these updates!

tok9 wrote: »
    Why does it always take me so long to get these updates!

Is your phone branded? Updates are generally released to these phones by the network rather than the manufacturer and there is usually an additional delay.

Is your phone branded? Updates are generally released to these phones by the network rather than the manufacturer and there is usually an additional delay.

No it's unbranded. I'll wait on anyway.

Question. I did the update (whenever it was, look up^) and part of it was the ability to change the recent apps button to do what you tell it (eg tap for recent apps, hold for settings, switch it around). I can't figure out how to get into a menu that lets you select how you want that button to funtion. Any help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

hdowney wrote: »
    Question. I did the update (whenever it was, look up^) and part of it was the ability to change the recent apps button to do what you tell it (eg tap for recent apps, hold for settings, switch it around). I can't figure out how to get into a menu that lets you select how you want that button to funtion. Any help

Settings>Display, gestures & buttons>Recent apps button.

Settings>Display, gestures & buttons>Recent apps button.

Cheers. Feel fierce thick for missing that :o

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »

No it's unbranded. I'll wait on anyway.

Presumably you manually checked for the update?
    Settings > About > Software updates > Check now

Ya I've checked, nothing available yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

On three. Got in yesterday. Phone seems a bit quicker and smoother now or maybe I'm imagining it. ;). Hopefully no more of that hanging loading screen I used to get occasionally. Tab button is cool too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Does anyone here have an experience with getting the wifi issue repaired on the One X? I got my phone in mid July from o2 and in mid August I noticed the wifi was flaky when trying to listen to a station on tune in. Now its unusable unless you are with 6ft of a router.

Just wondering if I should just contact HTC directly or give it to o2? Currently minded to go direct with HTC, just wondering if others have had dealings with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Anyone found a way up upgrading with CWM in place? Not having the ability to pull the battery on these makes me lax to flash stuff. And will I lose root?

Rascasse wrote: »
    Does anyone here have an experience with getting the wifi issue repaired on the One X? I got my phone in mid July from o2 and in mid August I noticed the wifi was flaky when trying to listen to a station on tune in. Now its unusable unless you are with 6ft of a router.

Just wondering if I should just contact HTC directly or give it to o2? Currently minded to go direct with HTC, just wondering if others have had dealings with them.

If you're within the DOA period get it replaced by o2. Mine was o2 but out of DOA but the thing is I unlocked and left o2 so I gave it to HTC repair, but they wanted me to give it to O2 to save time (read: money) I
    Either way you have the choice, HTC is courier and o2 is drop it into the store.

dahamsta wrote: »
    Anyone found a way up upgrading with CWM in place? Not having the ability to pull the battery on these makes me lax to flash stuff. And will I lose root?

You can Give it a try. Don't worry about the battery holding the button for 10 seconds does a battery pull no matter where you are. Typically with a HTC you need stock recovery but on my nexus my cwm was able to stick through an upgrade, you just need to turn off signature check. As for root, I know that since it will wipe system it will probably go. Super su has survival mode in the pro version. Them again on my nexus my cwm managed to fix root and it stayed. I'd give it a go, even if you restore to stock recovery you'll still have root until you update and you can reflash root after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nah, I tried it already with sig check and asserts disabled, no go; thought there might be a knack. Really don't want to lose root, I have a lot of system apps like twitter and facebook disabled and I don't want them back, was under the impression the update hadn't been rooted yet. I'll have a proper look around xda-dev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Zascar wrote: »

Are you unbranded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

If you're within the DOA period get it replaced by o2. Mine was o2 but out of DOA but the thing is I unlocked and left o2 so I gave it to HTC repair, but they wanted me to give it to O2 to save time (read: money) I
    Either way you have the choice, HTC is courier and o2 is drop it into the store.

Thanks. Roughly how long did HTC take to repair it? Going on holiday soon so don't want to send it off if its going to come back while I'm away.

Rascasse wrote: »
    Thanks. Roughly how long did HTC take to repair it? Going on holiday soon so don't want to send it off if its going to come back while I'm away.

Still away :rolleyes: They say 7 working day turnaround and factor in 2 days getting there and 2 days back.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Still away :rolleyes: They say 7 working day turnaround and factor in 2 days getting there and 2 days back.

In the same boat but with meteor...wireless is useless unless you slightly press the back then it jumps up full...as soon as you let go drops again.

Anyone know how long it would take to be sent off with meteor ?? will give them a buzz in the morning.

Installing the update :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I Can't transfer anything to my one x after the update

• Registered Users Posts: 44 highlighter john

Software number 2.17.771.3 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 highlighter john

Has anyone cracked their screen before? How much to fixed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

anncoates wrote: »
    On three. Got in yesterday. Phone seems a bit quicker and smoother now or maybe I'm imagining it. ;). Hopefully no more of that hanging loading screen I used to get occasionally. Tab button is cool too.

Hi, Can you try and plug in a set of headphones and listen to some music/radio/youtube? Since the upgrade, my phone is not registering that i have headphones plugged in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Hi, Can you try and plug in a set of headphones and listen to some music/radio/youtube? Since the upgrade, my phone is not registering that i have headphones plugged in!
    just tried mine (one x on meteor) and the headphone icon is still showing up after the update.

having said that though, it seems that USB mode is stuck in "charge only" and i can't get it to go into disk mode or tether. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

has anyone else got one of these charging cases for their HOX?

2200mAh_External_Backup_Battery_Charger_Case_Cover.jpg

i got mine from this ebay seller: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/200775459994?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

it's actually very handy. i'm finding that the primary way i'm using it isn't (directly) for the intended purpose though.

it gives approx. 50% charge, so it's not a full charge, but it gives you a decent boost.

most of the time i charge the power bank up without the phone in it and then use that to charge the phone so i can have the power bank next to a power socket, but still use the phone in another room and then just connect the power bank to the phone when the phone battery starts getting really low.

i'd expected to use it to charge the phone on the go when i was away from a power socket for long periods, but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys I have seen a serious drop in my battery performance lately, for no apparent reason. A few weeks ago it just seemed to be suddenly rubbish, it was ok for a while and now I just looked at my phone and its down to 13% after 8 hours use. Usually it would be at about 70% by this stage. I've been doing a bit of texting and one 15 min phone call but thats it.

Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/luu7kt4lnf13jdj/2012-08-29%2015.20.15.png

Any idea what I can do about this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement