Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Magill wrote: »
    People generally get better the more they play a game in fairness... i never get host and when i do it lags the **** out of my PS3 and I beast at every FPS i play anyway ! Therefore i am the greatest.

you're one of the brain-surgeons that said there was no such thing as host advantage........so you keep you thoughts to yourself.

;)

I'd love to see your posts from WAY back.......when you use to say......irish broadband was ****e but you didn't give a sh1te bacause you had proper broadband as you were in the uk and you were hosting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

you're one of the brain-surgeons that said there was no such thing as host advantage........so you keep you thoughts to yourself.

I never said that ! I believe i said that the advantage wasn't as big as YOU made it out to be and it probably ties in with the second part of your ridiculous post in that MOST people who play this game aren't on terrible Irish connections.
    I'd love to see your posts from WAY back.......when you use to say......irish broadband was ****e but you didn't give a sh1te bacause you had proper broadband as you were in the uk and you were hosting.

I would REALLY love to see that post too. Anyone that played blops or MW3 knows i HATE hosting.

AdamD wrote: »
    I have never once on this forum made a post like this.

*awaits everybody to think its fine for him to post like that but any post which might in any tiny way construe elitism from me to be barraged with insults*

did I quote you?

:confused:

seriously? do you think this whole forum revolves around you??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,726 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

did I quote you?

:confused:

seriously? do you think this whole forum revolves around you??

No you didn't quote me but there are several posts in this thread (and others) where people give out to me for my posts. I was pointing out how much worse yours was yet inevitably nobody will attack yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

No you didn't quote me but there are several posts in this thread (and others) where people give out to me for my posts. I was pointing out how much worse yours was yet inevitably nobody will attack yours.

Well IMO (as a poster) you were calling all non-competitive players "noobs" for not always playing the objetive.

Back on topic please everyone.

listen pal, I'm explaining how the game is connection based and how over the years my kd has improved because I walk through bullets, not because I'm any better than the worst player in the lobby.

don't think everyone on here is against you.

As I said, maybe we need a mlg thread.

I'll be honest, I had you on ignore.......but I saw the mod post quoting you. That's when I took you off.

grow up to fcuk

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Well IMO (as a poster) you were calling all non-competitive players "noobs" for not always playing the objetive.

Back on topic please everyone.

Somebody else brought the word 'noobs' into the conversation. I merely said that domination is not played properly in public games. I would say that it isn't at least 60% of the time when you get people just going for kills etc etc

and from reading this thread/playing with people, I'm not the only one who thinks that. Obviously some people have interpreted that post as an attack on public players in general.

@Creasy:

Yes the game is connection based, but not to the extent you are making out. Once everyone is on at least 3 bars its down to the players a lot more than the connection imo.

You have to remember that on cod4 you weren't the only one with a bad connection, everyone had worse broadband back then, and it was your first game (from what I can see), so those 2 factors would have a big baring on your stats, especially the first game factor.

You had me on ignore? Excellent.

OT: FMG use seems to be becoming more and more rife by the day.

Last warning, back on topic, or else bans will be handed out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

eople that think they're "beasts" in a connection based game.

Heres a backgound on my gaming career.......

cod4 eircom 1mg never got to host 2 bar most games 1kd
    mw2 " " " " " " " "
    black ops eircom 3 mg 1.5kd
    black ops upc 25mg host most games 3 kd
    mw3 4 bar 95% of the games......kd 2.5

You're playing on a connection based game, please please stop sucking each others cocks. You're no better that the guy you just killed, you just have a better connection than him.

Gob****es that use to think theres no such thing as host advantage rolleyes.gif

Ah stop the lights would ya. There's a reason why I have a 1.2 KD and happii has a 2+

Muse has muck Internet and is better than most the lads we play with. Connection can be an issue but not to the the extent your talking about. There may be host advantage on some games but for the most part it's pretty even and it's based on how good a player is

IPAM wrote: »
    Ah stop the lights would ya. There's a reason why I have a 1.2 KD and happii has a 2+

Muse has muck Internet and is better than most the lads we play with. Connection can be an issue but not to the the extent your talking about. There may be host advantage on some games but for the most part it's pretty even and it's based on how good a player is

on mw3 maybe......

on black ops.....it's a joke when I'm hosting. I actually gave the game to a lad I work with.

I only play tdm, no objective based games.

KDs seem a little lower on MW3 than BLOPs, my point still stands. Stats on BLOPs/MW3 show who are the better players compared to the average gamer not who has a good connection and who doesn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Just noticed if you earn a care package and don't use it right away and get killed and earn another, you only have the one care package and not two? Fair enough if it happened with all killstreaks but it only seems to be care packages.

on mw3 maybe......

on black ops.....it's a joke when I'm hosting. I actually gave the game to a lad I work with.

I only play tdm, no objective based games.

Didn't you say you only played blops for a couple of weeks ??!?

Duff wrote: »
    Just noticed if you earn a care package and don't use it right away and get killed and earn another, you only have the one care package and not two? Fair enough if it happened with all killstreaks but it only seems to be care packages.

It happens with Predator Missiles too as far as I know. You can stack support pointsreaks ;)

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    Didn't you say you only played blops for a couple of weeks ??!?

this is the third time you have confused me with someone else.

are you really that thick?

blops was my favorite cod.

It was the quickscoping twice now blops??

Duff wrote: »

Happens with all killstreaks!

this is the third time you have confused me with someone else.

are you really that thick?

blops was my favorite cod.

Creasy, last warning tonight (and I shouldn't even be giving you one to be honest). You'll be getting a ban if you post again like that

Creasy, last warning tonight (and I shouldn't even be giving you one to be honest). You'll be getting a ban if you post again like that

I'm sorry man, but this is his third time in a thread confusing me with someone else. It's a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry man, but this is his third time in a thread confusing me with someone else. It's a pain in the arse.

Fair enough, honest mistake by him or not.

It was the quickscoping twice now blops??

Im sorry, i get you and hightower mixed up sometimes, donno why...

Fair enough, honest mistake by him or not.

honest or just not that bright.

I'll take the ban.

It's worth it. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thread should have been locked temporarily, inevitable few people were going to clash but for whatever reason it wasn't locked. So thread locked temporarily.

Few people are very close to an infraction/ban. Doing you's a favour.

Happy chillax time for all.

honest or just not that bright.

I'll take the ban.

It's worth it. :pac:

Seems I wasn't given a chance to finish the modding.

You want the ban, you got it man, seeya in two days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Came across two sad pricks boosting for a MOAB on Kill Confirmed.

This game simply isn't fun to play.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Anyone playing the infected game type?

Bunch of people on seatown looking for higher ground to kill somebody with no ammo repeatedly.

Am I missing something or is that beyond dumb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Anyone playing the infected game type?

Bunch of people on seatown looking for higher ground to kill somebody with no ammo repeatedly.

Am I missing something or is that beyond dumb?

Is that on the community playlist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

CptMackey wrote: »

I ended up in a game of it one night and haven't a clue how I got into it :pac:

Does anyone know if they nerfed the MK14 recently? I lost it when I prestiged recently and when I got it back yesterday it felt less effective than I remember it being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

deccurley wrote: »
    CptMackey wrote: »

I ended up in a game of it one night and haven't a clue how I got into it :pac:

Does anyone know if they nerfed the MK14 recently? I lost it when I prestiged recently and when I got it back yesterday it felt less effective than I remember it being.

I hate the way people keep running in front off you in hardcore and you're the one to get killed . I perfered it the old way when you had to look out for friendly and unfriendly fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Came across two sad pricks boosting for a MOAB on Kill Confirmed.

This game simply isn't fun to play.

Yeah i caught 2 guys boosting in village, spent the rest of the game chasing them around and ruining it for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

So much boosting in FFA lately its sad. Be a man and win the game properly. Actually they never win when i catch them, i go out of my way to ruin in on them.

The amount of PMs I've got from randomers in the last week or 2 asking if I want to nuke boost is untrue.

Stupid question but how do you know when you see someone boosting? I've probably come across people at it before but I wouldn't know it to see. :o

Scoreboard is usually th best indicator and tac inserts. If 1 lad is goin 20-0 and another 2-20 or so, they're probably boosting. Usually hidden in a corner of the map with a silencer and ghost/assassin. Player 1 kills player 2 who has thrown down a tac insert, player 2 spawns, puts down TI and P1 kills again till bam, moab/nuke. Sometimes you'll get 3 players boosting, 1 lookout, 2 tac inserting and 3 getting the nuke

Rumour has it that Booster Hunting is going to be a new sport at the Olympics in London next year :pac::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

Booster hunting tips: :cool:

1: In pre game lobby check for people with same clan tags
    2: Before you choose a class, scroll through the players to see if anyone has tac inserts on
    3: If there is boosters, use sitrep, rpg and C4 and ruin their game
    4: Win the game and send them messages belittling them and laughing that they cant even win a FFA by boosting.

Booster hunting sounds like fun, will give it a rattle tonight :pac:

RPG's, C4 and the striker is my troll class ! RPG's are awesome craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I'm sick of having a four bar connection and/or host in this game. It seems to have gotten worse since I last played, particularly some games earlier on.

Played a few FFA games earlier as I was bored and while I had a few deaths due to stupid errors of my own or plain bad accuracy, the amount of times I died to 3 bar and especially a 2 bar player was ridiculous! :mad:

Not only were they sponging all my bullets but they constantly had the jump on me a number of times when I was either pre-firing or had let off a portion of a clip, only to see the killcam show the complete opposite, with them very often getting away with the screen as close to death as possible.

I feel like it's now an inverse connection to other COD games, where the 1-2 bar gets to be a la host, if everyone else is sporting 4 bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭klose

so many people using tac inserts lately, so many easy kills :) not camping aiming at the flair now but they always seem to be near their tac insterts and always keep using it, dont seem to notice they can be cancelled :P

ok now emps are starting to get annoying...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Jev/N wrote: »
    I'm sick of having a four bar connection and/or host in this game. It seems to have gotten worse since I last played, particularly some games earlier on.

Played a few FFA games earlier as I was bored and while I had a few deaths due to stupid errors of my own or plain bad accuracy, the amount of times I died to 3 bar and especially a 2 bar player was ridiculous! :mad:

Not only were they sponging all my bullets but they constantly had the jump on me a number of times when I was either pre-firing or had let off a portion of a clip, only to see the killcam show the complete opposite, with them very often getting away with the screen as close to death as possible.

I feel like it's now an inverse connection to other COD games, where the 1-2 bar gets to be a la host, if everyone else is sporting 4 bars.

Fairly certain I was playing against you earlier! Yellow BRDS clan tag? -.- Its the same for everyone I am afraid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Fairly certain I was playing against you earlier! Yellow BRDS clan tag? -.- Its the same for everyone I am afraid!

Could have been? It was my first dip into FFA in a long time!

Yeah I am sure it was! I remember your tag! How did you get it yellow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads,

can any of you tell me know the points system works? Playing Kill Confirmed at the minute, and I went 25-4-7 yet some chap finished ahead of me on 20-0-21. I was collecting tags too. Just interesting to know how it actually works :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads,

can any of you tell me know the points system works? Playing Kill Confirmed at the minute, and I went 25-4-7 yet some chap finished ahead of me on 20-0-21. I was collecting tags too. Just interesting to know how it actually works :confused:

Could have collected his own tags (250 points IIRC) a lot? 21 deaths would give him a lot of opportunities to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Yeah I am sure it was! I remember your tag! How did you get it yellow?

If you're a member of a clan, the clan will have a set clan tag.

When you go to edit your clan tag, there is an option to use you clan's clan tag.

If you enter one yourself, it shows as normal, if you use the clans clan tag, it'll appear in the yellow/gold.

EDIT: Found these -

Select 'Callsign' and then 'Elite Clan Tag'

190876.jpg

Should appear like this then -

190877.jpg

Sweet! Dave that was very informative cheers dude!

Sweet! Dave that was very informative cheers dude!

No bother mate, happy to help.

Next week, I'll be explaining how to not be killed once around the "safety" of a corner :rolleyes:

No bother mate, happy to help.

Next week, I'll be explaining how to not be killed once around the "safety" of a corner :rolleyes:

Impossible...

IPAM wrote: »
    Impossible...

Oh it's possible, you just have to use a 200 mb connection, have 5 bars and the enemy has to be a complete f*cking retard :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement