Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player For Android?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Any chance of getting this thread back on topic.

What's the best way to get the rte player working on Android?
    Obviously won't work on chrome. Do you need to use explorer or Firefox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Brego888 wrote: »
    Any chance of getting this thread back on topic.

What's the best way to get the rte player working on Android?
    The thread is on topic.

mossy's repo on xbmc is the best way to get the rte player working on Android.

no ads. no pop up windows when you touch the screen. far better than trying to navigate through a rich website on a phone browser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

OP here, thanks for all the info lads. This thread has gone a little obscure but thats okay :) I won't hold my breath for a dedicated android rte player app but the xbmc route is a great alternative ;)

gbob wrote: »
    For English channels ive found notfilmon is best and you'll need mikey1234 repo.
    could you advise how to load up notfilmon. I have enabled mikey1234 repo but I don't see anything else I can do with it. I've added fusion as a source and I have enabled xbmchub but I can't find where to add notfilmon.

I haven't had any issues with 1channel, icefilms, mossy's. they could all be installed and added via Get addons and I see them under the Video addons menu

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

groom wrote: »
    could you advise how to load up notfilmon. I have enabled mikey1234 repo but I don't see anything else I can do with it. I've added fusion as a source and I have enabled xbmchub but I can't find where to add notfilmon.

I haven't had any issues with 1channel, icefilms, mossy's. they could all be installed and added via Get addons and I see them under the Video addons menu

Yeah if you've added mikey1234 repo, goto settings, get addons, select mikey1234 repo, select notfilmon. Should be as easy as that.

Or, if you know where mikey1234 repo is stored on your phone, goto settings, install from zip, browse to the repo, select it, then get addons as above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

See if it has now appeared in the Get More Add Ons section next to all the ones that were already there like NASA and TED Talks and all those, check in alphabetical order for Filmon, notfilmon, mikey1234 or just scroll through that list, thats where I found it after installing it 5 times and wondering why it didnt just show up like Mossys one did.

I think sometimes a repository shows up in the list of add ons the second you install it and other times it just unlocks the option to install it in Get More Add Ons, no idea what the difference is.

Yeah if you've added mikey1234 repo, goto settings, get addons, select mikey1234 repo, select notfilmon.
    I get a splash screen with Mikeys1234 and no other options so I don't see notfilmon. selecting it brings me to an empty screen with just the .. option to go to the parent dir.

The splash screen says the version is 1.2 which might be my problem because I was reading up and it looks like the current version is 2.7. Check for updates doesn't do anything.

Could you point me towards the zip you found to install it. Or did you install it via fusion?

I get a splash screen with Mikeys1234 and no other options so I don't see notfilmon. selecting it brings me to an empty screen with just the .. option to go to the parent dir.

The splash screen says the version is 1.2 which might be my problem because I was reading up and it looks like the current version is 2.7. Check for updates doesn't do anything.

Could you point me towards the zip you found to install it. Or did you install it via fusion?

Try this.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8570yrv7hkp8pm/repository.xbmchub.notfilmon-1.0.1.zip

Has anybody noticed 3 Player plays a program perfectly then just exits it like you pressed stop or the back button after exactly one minute? Does it for all shows for some reason, doesnt really matter seeing as Ive never used it but it would be nice to get all the Irish channels workiing...

Nice one guv. Your zip did the trick. It still took alot of fiddling around. it only worked after I removed the xbmchub addon I already had installed. Delighted I got it working.Thanks for your help

• Advertisement

Nice one guv. Your zip did the trick. It still took alot of fiddling around. it only worked after I removed the xbmchub addon I already had installed. Delighted I got it working.Thanks for your help

No problem, glad you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

in mossys repo, there's an option for aertv which would normally be all the irish channels, but anyone else just getting oireachtas tv for everything?!

Ive seen that bug mentioned somewhere alright, Google it, might need a newer version of the repo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Thargor wrote: »
    Ive seen that bug mentioned somewhere alright, Google it, might need a newer version of the repo.

what if i like watching oireachtas tv?! :pac:

in mossys repo, there's an option for aertv which would normally be all the irish channels, but anyone else just getting oireachtas tv for everything?!

That's a new on me, mind you can it really be worse than Rte?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Best of the best TV Streaming Addons for XBMC!

1-1Channel (Bstrdsmkr’s Repository)
    2-Icefilms (anarchintosh addons)
    3-Project Free TV (Eldorado’s XBMC Addons)
    4-TV Links (anilkuj addons)
    5-Tubeplus (anilkuj addons)
    6-ustvnow (t0mm0′s XBMC Addons)
    7-Veetle (t0mm0′s XBMC Addons)
    8-FilmOn (XBMC.org Add-ons) or NotFilmOn (XBMCHUB.com Addon Repository)
    9-Navi-X
    10-Fast Pass TV (XBMCHUB.com Addon Repository)

1Channel is very nice, thanks.

Ive got to build a little media centre pc with all these repositories on it for under my tv in the living room now, you can basically stop downloading files and just stream everything from now on, even on my phone with 3 3G I can watch what I like with zero errors, a media centre pc on wi-fi would be flawless, plus I could stick a load of emulators and every ROM ever made on there and get some wireless pc controllers for retro multiplayer fun after the pub :D

N00b question: Do repositories autoupdate like an app when the developer releases a new version or do I have to keep an eye on Mossys and the like pages for new versions and manually install them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Just downloaded XBMC for Nexus 7, not sure how to go about setting it up but can always Google that, have an AOSP ROM on my Nexus, i assume XBMC is working for everyone on their Nexus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Just downloaded XBMC for Nexus 7, not sure how to go about setting it up but can always Google that, have an AOSP ROM on my Nexus, i assume XBMC is working for everyone on their Nexus?
    it should work fine.btw no need for
    root to work,all i can tell you is look back at the last 3 pages.
    you will find all you need to know.
    copy and paste some of the top ten
    posted here and dl the zip files
    and you will be flyin. :)
    btw can someone pm me a navi x
    zip that works?
    dl'ed a few insatalled by zip
    but not showing up anywere,
    cheers.
    guys and gals
    :)

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    it should work fine.btw no need for
    root to work,all i can tell you is look back at the last 3 pages.
    you will find all you need to know.
    copy and paste some of the top ten
    posted here and dl the zip files
    and you will be flyin. :)
    btw can someone pm me a navi x
    zip that works?
    dl'ed a few insatalled by zip
    but not showing up anywere,
    cheers.
    guys and gals
    :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5atsuvtmegbw5os/Navi-X_v37_6.zip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Folk here should bookmark something like lifehacker.com, makeuseof, howtogeek, read it everyday, this stuff is years old. Boards for this stuff is equiv to a taxi driver telling ya to buy gold.

Music Ind have streaming sites in crosshairs now as this is so common.

Amazed thread is still open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Folk here should bookmark something like lifehacker.com, makeuseof, howtogeek, read it everyday, this stuff is years old. Boards for this stuff is equiv to a taxi driver telling ya to buy gold.

Music Ind have streaming sites in crosshairs now as this is so common.

Amazed thread is still open.
    ah,will ya feck off spoil sport.no one is talking about dl music.an no one will.talkin bout how to get ie tv.
    nothin more than a grey area
    bein talked about,xbmc is a great app to dl,do you have a problem with
    filmon???cos that gives you all uk
    tv live streams,plus others.. us etc
    yet it is on the play store.

btw thier are lots of free apps in
    the play store to dl songs.oh and movies.easy to get
    new an old,for free.
    this thread is about gettin tv shows
    in the part o the world you live in.
    and maybe were your from.if
    you are in the us you can use filmon
    to watch all the shows in the uk.

all from an app you can dl from play
    store....just sayin

btw,im pished..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I use xbmc on a vista pc, i know its possible to clone settings easily to another pc based install but anyone know an easy way to transfer these add ons, settings, profiles to xbmc on an ipad that i have just installed?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Anyone help with XBMC settings for HDMI to a tv?
    Sound keeps coming through the laptop but if I use youtube or anything the sound will come through the tv

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Anyone help with XBMC settings for HDMI to a tv?
    Sound keeps coming through the laptop but if I use youtube or anything the sound will come through the tv

Try settings, system, audio out. Should be able to switch from analogue to digital output. Plus there's a few other settings there might do the trick.

In the Android XBMC, where the hell do I tell any of the video add-ons to update themselves or check for updates?

Thargor wrote: »
    In the Android XBMC, where the hell do I tell any of the video add-ons to update themselves or check for updates?

Settings, add ons, enabled add ons, video add ons, then if there's any updates it'll show on that list, click the particular add on and a box opens up whith an "update" button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

superrepo, just came across it actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Good news!!!!!!!!!!!

RTE just emailed my query about an android app that i sent them 5 weeks ago and they said Android app is due out in May :)

Advertisement