Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't believe RDJ didn't grow his smig thing for this! Ya raging bout Norton but Ruffalo is a decent actor so we will just have to see. Still can't believe this movie is happening. I hope they put the new Spiderman in their 2nd film (if the 1st doesn't bomb!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i hope wheddon can deliver on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

little bit on the vague side in how he see's the character but then again i suppose the hulk in the cinema has generally been an isolated character.

one of the interesting aspects of the avengers is the chance to get a look at how tony stark would regard bruce banner and what kind of relationship they'd have .

after all theyre both scientists so they have that incommon, tony could see what he couldve been if things hadnt worked out for him and relate to the guy.

theres alot of fun that could be had here.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Avengers Done For Cheap?
    If there's any film headed into production that you would think demanded a big budget, it would be Marvel's superhero ensemble "The Avengers".
    Now, an interesting rumour over at Bleeding Cool says the studio is demanding the film be completed on a budget just under $140 million.
    To give you a comparison that's almost the same budget as the first "Iron Man" but notably short of such other recent superhero films like "The Dark Knight" ($185 million), "Iron Man 2" ($200 million) and "Spider-Man 3" ($258 million).

As a result, the site's unnamed sources claim some people have walked off the set, while others hope that once the production runs out of money then extra cash will be added to finish the project. In any case the staff changes have apparently delayed the pre-production process by weeks, possibly months.

No word on how or if this will affect the shooting schedule or release date as yet, and no official comment as yet by either Marvel or 'Avengers' distributor Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

If anything, the production behind this film is going to be very interesting. I can see loads of conflicts in terms of re-writing the script, re-shooting, editing, studio interference, cast & crew problems.

Joss Whedon has got a fùck load on his plate and will have his career set for life if he gets this film on the right side of the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Whedon's also primarily a TV writer/director/producer who has years of experience of getting stuff done on a budget. Hell, he made Serenity for $40M; I'm quite curious to see what an extra $100 (less the extra actor costs) buys him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

mikhail wrote: »
    Whedon's also primarily a TV writer/director/producer who has years of experience of getting stuff done on a budget. Hell, he made Serenity for $40M; I'm quite curious to see what an extra $100 (less the extra actor costs) buys him.

Agreed. It'd be nice for The Avengers to have a big-ass budget but I'd prefer it to have a kick-ass script. Serenity looked and felt great. If Whedon only gets a budget of €140m, he'll probably do a much better job with it than a lot of other directors.

• Advertisement

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a311290/cobie-smulders-teases-the-avengers-costume.html

Cobie Smulders has teased the first details about her role as Deputy S.H.I.E.L.D. Director Maria Hill in Joss Whedon's upcoming all-star superhero film The Avengers.

The How I Met Your Mother star admitted during the show's current season wrap party that she was about to head off to begin filming next week.

"We start in April, which is like tomorrow," Smulders revealed to Zap2It. "I literally leave here and I go to Albuquerque, New Mexico, to shoot some scenes in a catsuit.

"I've tried on portions of the catsuit. I feel like wardrobe becomes very creative on these types of movies, because they literally spend weeks designing just the pants and the emblem."

Smulders was revealed to have been cast in the film in February, and joins the likes of Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth and Samuel L. Jackson on the project.

"It's such an all-consuming process, so I'm excited to see how it all turns out," the actress added.

The Avengers is due to be released on May 4, 2012</EM>.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The Hulk will never fit on that chair.

humanji wrote: »
    The Hulk will never fit on that chair.
    This scale model argues otherwise:
    25hulk_001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I can see them all sitting there with their Big Gulps watching the action the whole 300 movie was done on a budget of ~60m so I think it can be done no problem on 140m the main issues I expect to see from this movie is because it's the first of what we expect to be a number of movies it has to introduce a lot of characters wasting a lot of time at the beginning of the movie. Unless they assume everyone has seen Captain America/Iron man/Thor etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

well isn't that the whole point of the other movies that they don't have to do back stories as they are already done
    so it should be a case of straight into the action as if it was the second film in a series

...the main issues I expect to see from this movie is because it's the first of what we expect to be a number of movies it has to introduce a lot of characters wasting a lot of time at the beginning of the movie. Unless they assume everyone has seen Captain America/Iron man/Thor etc?
    Whedon is a very experienced show-runner. He's had to introduce characters every episode for the first half dozen episodes a number of times. Just as an example, watch four early minutes of this episode of his Firefly show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohUR-ltpJlE&#t=4m16s
    At the end of those four minutes, tell me:
    • Who's the captain?
    • Which character is a doctor?
    • Who is or was a monk?
    • Who is the mechanic?
    • Which character is the pilot?
    • Which two are married?
    • Which one is a bit odd, maybe crazy?
    • Which character is a prostitute?
    • Where are they?
    • Describe in one or two words something of Adam Baldwin's character's character.
    And so on. There's a lot of exposition packed into four minutes which end with an explosion and suddenly we're into plot.

So, no, I'm not worried about the number of characters anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

http://www.twitvid.com/ALHS6

Leaked trailer - bad cam version but the little you see looks brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Trying to watch that, on my phone cos I'm at work, is nigh on impossible! Please say there will be a better copy out soon? Will it be attached to Captain America?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

its bloody awfull quality man.

i could bearly make out whats going with in my PC.

still great to see anything. dont know if itll be connected to cap but i will say it'd make an awesome after credits scene.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wasn't expecting a triler for this anytime soon, god i'll piss my pants if it plays before cap. I'm more excited about this than TDK Rises i think.

Think I'll wait for a good copy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mikhail wrote: »
    Whedon is a very experienced show-runner. He's had to introduce characters every episode for the first half dozen episodes a number of times. Just as an example, watch four early minutes of this episode of his Firefly show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohUR-ltpJlE&#t=4m16s
    At the end of those four minutes, tell me:
    • Who's the captain?
    • Which character is a doctor?
    • Who is or was a monk?
    • Who is the mechanic?
    • Which character is the pilot?
    • Which two are married?
    • Which one is a bit odd, maybe crazy?
    • Which character is a prostitute?
    • Where are they?
    • Describe in one or two words something of Adam Baldwin's character's character.
    And so on. There's a lot of exposition packed into four minutes which end with an explosion and suddenly we're into plot.

So, no, I'm not worried about the number of characters anyway.

I'd never seen Firefly before I saw Serenity and the opening scene does the exact same thing, Mal walking around the ship, you meet all the characters and you learn who does what in one scene. Its in good hands in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

detail.jpg

detail.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That artwork is great, the poster is boring though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

If you place all the pictures side by side in a certain order it makes one big poster. In other words they're all smaller segments of a bigger poster. No Hulk poster yet. My guess is the hulk is what they are looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

This has so much potential. So much.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So class!!! Mods, if this pic wrecks the page because of the width, feel free to delete.

avengers-full-set.png

• Advertisement

That pic is so awesome. I really never thought I'd see the day :)

Advertisement