Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you still own or use a VCR or another out of date Tech?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I replaced the old radio in the car with a fancy DVD player so I can watch movies while driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Is the 30 year old VCR a top loading one?

Sort of, you pop open the door at the front, load the tape in and then close it.

Much like putting a DV tape into a video camera.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Some of them might, if they had old computers. Not sure if the service is still provided in that way though.

I remember once connecting to Esat digital's service and getting a 56k connection. For some reason a more technological minded person will tell ye, even if you had a 56k connection, it was very unlikely that you would connect at that speed. Often it was 48k.

Pointless story is pointless but I like to tells it.
    Lucky you. :pac: The highest I ever got was 54.6k in Ballybunion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Karsini wrote: »
    Lucky you. :pac: The highest I ever got was 54.6k in Ballybunion.

54.6k! So close and yet so far! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Found a commodore 64 in the oul lads attic the last time I was up home along with a few games...was seriously tempted to take it down for a go again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

That I still use:

An Olympus OM-2n SLR from the 80's.
    A Fed-3 Rangefinder from 1968 or so.
    Main TV in the house is a 32" CRT.
    Original Gameboy (actually gets more play than the DS)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Clearing out the attic the yesterday and found a box full of original Gameboy stuff, two Gameboys, games, accessories and magazines.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Still use Minidisc, best portable recording format ever made... (imo)

Advertisement