Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Just got mail that its ready for collection busy evening ahead

wonk wrote: »
    collected the wetek last night, thanks aquos76!

is there any more talk of another thread on getting these weteks setup and advice or just do a bit of googling?

next step get a plug adaptor and an sd card is a must? would you recommend 64gb?

cheers

Saw in the Argos thread they have san disc class 10 64gb for 17.99 if you need a new card.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just got mail that its ready for collection busy evening ahead

I was actually trying to ring you over the last half hours to tell you that it was in your locker alright, so if youre woundering who the missed calls were from :)

Saw in the Argos thread they have san disc class 10 64gb for 17.99 if you need a new card.

That offer is finished, its back up to €30 i think now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Picked mine up from Parcel Motel last night.Haven't had time to do anything with it yet.Great work Aquos.

Looks like all my order have now been picked up from everyone's ParcelMotel lockers, let the fun and games of setting these things up now commence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bms15450

just picked mine few hours ago, this device is so cool :) cheers Aquos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Just a reminder to all Wetek owners, head over here for feedback and any tips / suggestions you might have that will benefit others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

If anyone has got a spare WeTek i would be interested in one. Or multi buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭joei

A few others have mentioned it since the last multi buy but don't think it was near 12 so I can't see another one happening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

DERICKOO wrote: »
    If anyone has got a spare WeTek i would be interested in one. Or multi buy.

Same here I was on the list for last multi buy but there was some messing arround with it by WeTek...

Maybe a deal after Christmas can be arrange I hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Didn't realise that one or two others had emailed wetek regarding another bulk buy. I'm still waiting on a response back as to whether they will do the €53 price. I got a response but it was only to ask how many I would be ordering. Will let you guys know how I get on.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

FrostyJim wrote:
    Didn't realise that one or two others had emailed wetek regarding another bulk buy. I'm still waiting on a response back as to whether they will do the €53 price. I got a response but it was only to ask how many I would be ordering. Will let you guys know how I get on.

I'd jump on this list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

FrostyJim wrote: »

Interested as well if another multi buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They said they'd do 60 a couple of days after our order. It's a couple of weeks now so fair play to them if they get anywhere close to 53.

Interested as well if another multi buy

If they do agree to that price I'll start a new thread solely for the wetek bulk order, this thread is a mess. It's the reason I missed out on it in the first place. Looking at the thread title and the the ops link you'd never know about a wetek bulk buy.

Yep I'm in also,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I didn't go with the bulk order but decided to opt for the leel box mxq updated from ali express instead

leelbox updated from mxq,android tv box,Kodi Pre installed Amlogic S805 Quad Core Android 4.4 better than cs918,m8,Smart tv box
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-MXQ-TV-BOX-android-tv-box-Amlogic-S805-Quad-Core-Android-4-4-Kitkat-4K/32311040550.html
    (from AliExpress Android)

Now my question is, I've tracked this parcel and the most recent post is that it left guangzhou airport on the 10th Dec. I don't know the flight path from there but wonder will it arrive in time for Christmas as my little minix has just refused to connect to WiFi, when I hit the on button it keeps switching back to off. I might do a factory reset, I've done that before but I never had this problem. Any advice guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I didn't go with the bulk order but decided to opt for the leel box mxq updated from ali express instead

leelbox updated from mxq,android tv box,Kodi Pre installed Amlogic S805 Quad Core Android 4.4 better than cs918,m8,Smart tv box
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-MXQ-TV-BOX-android-tv-box-Amlogic-S805-Quad-Core-Android-4-4-Kitkat-4K/32311040550.html
    (from AliExpress Android)

Now my question is, I've tracked this parcel and the most recent post is that it left guangzhou airport on the 10th Dec. I don't know the flight path from there but wonder will it arrive in time for Christmas as my little minix has just refused to connect to WiFi, when I hit the on button it keeps switching back to off. I might do a factory reset, I've done that before but I never had this problem. Any advice guys?

This might work:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 czekmen1983

If there is new multi buy i'm intrested as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

I'd be interested in a multi buy too. €53 looks like a great price with the satellite connector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭spuddy

I'd be interested in a multi buy too. €53 looks like a great price with the satellite connector.

I'm also interested, sounds like there's pent up demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

+1 if there's another opportunity to purchase

spuddy wrote: »
    I'm also interested, sounds like there's pent up demand.

Yeah but let's not get carried away just yet. They have to agree to it first. There's nothing stopping them coming back and saying no or that 60 is the best they can do. I'll only be on board if its €53 if we're doing a another bulk order they can atleast give us a fair price. I reckon there's enough demand (at that price) for 20+units.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tmooch2

Interested also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

If your talking about the wetek play for 53euro then add me to the list please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Padair organised the third bulk buy after the original two at the discounted price.

Wetek agreed to €60 per unit and we had 11 buyers.

When they sent the invoice to Padair the cost was €60 before VAT.

Padair tried his best to get them to move on this but they wouldn't. They were also extremely slow emailing back.

Just be aware whatever price they say they will more than likely add VAT on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Edmundy

Also like to be included in multibuy

• Advertisement

Edmundy wrote: »

I think they would have noticed after your first two posts :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

Yeah but let's not get carried away just yet. They have to agree to it first. There's nothing stopping them coming back and saying no or that 60 is the best they can do. I'll only be on board if its €53 if we're doing a another bulk order they can atleast give us a fair price. I reckon there's enough demand (at that price) for 20+units.
    Interested also

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

I was involved in padairs group buy but unfortunately it fell through.

Anyone hear of a jynxbox m1 (pure lynux) I can buy one locally, fully pre- installed but pricey €125.

emmetkenny wrote: »

Lol
    Thank you Emmet
    No idea why this became a multi post

Lol
    Thank you Emmet

Lol
    Thank you Emmet

Edmundy wrote: »
    Lol
    Thank you Emmet

Ok got it the first time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭joei

I think that's 15 of us interested in it in the last few pages so we have the numbers, just have to see if they will give us a good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

lolliedog wrote: »

Anyone hear of a jynxbox m1 (pure lynux) I can buy one locally, fully pre- installed but pricey €125.

It seems a bit pricey alright..
    I don't think they're that great.

Anyone thinking of bulk buy

https://wetek.com/become-distributor

Apply to become a distributor to find out the distributor prices.
    I think they require that you buy a minimum of 10 to begin with (I'm not sure).

I recommend that only one person applies, or it may appear a bit obvious that something is going on.
    I don't get why it makes a difference to them, bulk buy or otherwise.
    The original wetek play was €70 + €5 for tuner for a reseller to buy with RRP of €110 + €10

I saw it here or another forum, I'm not sure.
    I'm guessing reseller price is now around €50 + €3.99. :pac:

Was also with Padair multi buy from Wetek.They may be more inclined to drop the price after Xmas.Probably best we wait as it is unlikely we would see them before Xmas.

• Advertisement

If you apply as a reseller do you not need to be registered for VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

If you apply as a reseller do you not need to be registered for VAT.

No.

http://blog.sage.ie/blog/index.php/understanding-register-vat/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

+1 for bulk deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

keep me in mind as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭Invincible

lolliedog wrote: »

It seems expensive, local guy has large mark up, compared to what you can buy on Amazon, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Agent_47 wrote: »
    keep me in mind as well

I'd like to buy in too if possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

The jynxbox is an antique selling in the US for $40 ... with "512MB of RAM and there's 2GB of NAND flash for long-term storage ... plays video at 720p over HDMI and supports 1080p media" ie. likely downscales it to 720p.

It's 2013 with what looks like a 1GHz A9 single core according to one reviewer of its 2014 successor the M6:

"This box is a big leap forward for Jynxbox. This replaces my M1 which works fine, but the dual core processor and addinal ram make this [M6] great."

Edit -yes, a single core proc .... a disgrace anyone is selling these at all, never mind at €125!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

Razer forge t.v.,android TV box,looks good,saw it on android central

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Was also with Padair multi buy from Wetek.They may be more inclined to drop the price after Xmas.Probably best we wait as it is unlikely we would see them before Xmas.

+1 from Padair group so include me please is anyone is going ahead with a multi buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

+1 I'd be interested in a multi buy too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement