Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos reveal final Irish Black Friday deals - here's 11 of the best and when they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Brilliant, have reserved that now so will go exchange the 350 console for a 300 one with an extra game. Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

All console deals live now on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

I thought that was only for the black friday deals

https://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/price-promise.htm&mvt=HP1_fsarea

"Products need to be purchased between Friday 20th and Thursday 26th November 2015"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I actually went in today and finished off the Christmas shopping, was petrified I'd see some/all the stuff on her at a fraction of the price. Nothing on there that would make me worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I've reserved the T20 Coffee Machine and the Fire 7 tablet. €100, for a coffee machine and tablet? That sounds okay to me, even though they're hardly going to be top of the line. I'll report back on the quality.

EDIT: From reading a couple of reviews of the T20, it seems you can only use T-discs? As a coffee machine noobb I presumed you could use loose coffee? **** that. I'll just go with the cheap tablet and stick with my cafetiere!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

dan786 wrote: »

Thanks again dan786, you saved me €50 and my young lad has a better Christmas present than he was going to have as a result of your help :)

So, in your honour: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97876683

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Argos r selling off annuals for 2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Sleepy wrote: »
    Thanks again dan786, you saved me €50 and my young lad has a better Christmas present than he was going to have as a result of your help :)

So, in your honour: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97876683

Where's my €20 I told you first haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Fifa 16 is €29,99 but there doesn't seem to be any stock. It's available to order for collection on Monday - would I be charged normal price then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Read any argos thread. Ever.

They may let you have it for the reserved price. But they really don't have to. Its up to them, seeing as its black Friday, I doubt they'd honour it. But that's my own opinion.

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »
    I literally just bought the PS4 with a free copy of Fifa 2016 at lunchtime for €350.

I've reserved one of the PS4's with Uncharted for €300 a few minutes ago but I'm now wondering if I'm better off sticking with my original order as, despite the price difference, it's a Christmas present for our eldest who's only 10 and Uncharted seems to be rated for older gamers?

If you're arsed you could buy the uncharted bundle, trade the game in for €31 and buy Fifa 16 for €19.99 (you should have got a €10 gift card with the console). PS4 with Fifa 16 for €289.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The Argos reservation system seems broken, been trying to reserve something for the last 10 mins....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The Argos reservation system seems broken, been trying to reserve something for the last 10 mins....

Boards broke it!

Odd it worked first time through my mobile, after trying for 10 mins on desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Anbo wrote: »
    Is the Amazon Fire 7 Tablet worth the €50?

I have been thinking of picking up a tablet for bus journeys and general use.

Is this a bargain at €50?

Depends, is it the latest gen model available directly from Amazon for £35 with free delivery to Ireland (the same price) or an older model?

It's certainly worth the $34.99 (€33) and free shipping for 1c more that Amazon.com are giving it for in the US of A :mad:

Prices quoted on Amazon.com are not inclusive of sales tax so you can easily add an extra 15-20℅ depending on the state it gets shipped to

Here is a list of PS4 games that are on offer today (there are probably more as well)

http://checkargos.com/list/2926027,4182254,3466799,4148281,4349293,4186803,4288921,3601815,4176095,2575296,4448091

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=639248

Is the Toshiba laptop at this price a good deal ?..will be used for basic internet browsing some documents and kids on Minecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Here is a list of PS4 games that are on offer today (there are probably more as well)

http://checkargos.com/list/2926027,4182254,3466799,4148281,4349293,4186803,4288921,3601815,4176095,2575296,4448091

You are the best Witnessmenow, just reserved Batman and ordered Fifa 16.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Butterball wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=639248

Is the Toshiba laptop at this price a good deal ?..will be used for basic internet browsing some documents and kids on Minecraft.

I bought it. Its a basic model but I think its a decent price for what I needed (surfing, some videos/streaming).

I don't know the requirements of Minecraft, did you look up what they recommend?

Ones I spotted were the Rock Band 4 full band in a box set and game and guitar set, 100 and 50 euro off respectively. Heard mixed things about the game though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I got the last Toshiba laptop in Blanch.
    Reserved last night at full price, then paid only 279 just now. Very handy.

They had all of the black Friday products lined up behind the counter. Well only a handful of them left at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Butterball wrote: »

Should be ok for basic web browsing etc, there is another Toshiba model ending with d-120 and at least half were returned as they just wouldn't work at all.

Just tried to order a copy of Until Dawn (currently out of stock) for collection. I got an email with no product info or reservation number. And I got no text. I take it the reservation hasn't worked properly in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Hayden Pennyfeather

bert911 wrote: »
    Good deal on Gopro 3 + silver with extra battery pack 220 euro

Wondering what people think of this deal? Seems good obviously at half price. Anyone have an opinion?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭roverrules

bigkocman wrote: »
    Wondering what people think of this deal? Seems good obviously at half price. Anyone have an opinion?

Thanks

Not many showing available, got 1 reseved from Swords, also got a refurbed iPhone reserved from Jervis street, 2 people hopefully sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 twojays

Not a single store has a copy of pro EVO, why bother advertising it if it's not in stock argos

twojays wrote: »
    Not a single store has a copy of pro EVO, why bother advertising it if it's not in stock argos
    The gopro wasn't showing at 7 this evening but was at 10.30 ish, assume it's when stock system restocks reserves or new stock arriving.

twojays wrote: »

Just found ps3,xbox360,xbox1 at blanchardstown and 1 for the ps4 was in Jervis ( gone now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

roverrules wrote: »
    The gopro wasn't showing at 7 this evening but was at 10.30 ish, assume it's when stock system restocks reserves or new stock arriving.

Was told by someone who works for Argos in theUK that 40% of products reserved aren't collected........complete bummer for the company and for people who might be trying to order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Was told by someone who works for Argos in theUK that 40% of products reserved aren't collected........complete bummer for the company and for people who might be trying to order.

They really should have an option to cancel the reservation in the email they send.

Advertisement