Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Uncharted + Fifa 16 299€

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

dan786 wrote: »

Have just placed this on reserve, if this was a mistake on argos behalf can they refuse this offer when i go to pick it up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Have just placed this on reserve, if this was a mistake on argos behalf can they refuse this offer when i go to pick it up ?

Its not a mistake as its advertised in the Black Friday deal page on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

Looks like I'll have to do some serious negotiations in Argos tomorrow :/

Reserved the Uncharted bundle alone at 320e earlier because it was the last one in stock, will they give it to me for 300 if I show that it's cheaper on their site? And then try and get Fifa thrown in for free? :P

Sure we'll see how it goes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

Small print says you are liable to pay the price in store on the day you collect, so technically they can refuse, but they seem to usually honour it, especially if you have printed off the reservation email showing the price...

The uncharted bundle is still live but not with fifa 16 anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

Cheers, you could make decent money back even just trading in both games.

The uncharted bundle is still live but not with fifa 16 anymore

Follow the link in OP, its still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

fast_eddie wrote: »
    Small print says you are liable to pay the price in store on the day you collect, so technically they can refuse, but they seem to usually honour it, especially if you have printed off the reservation email showing the price...

No it's the other way around, the store ps4 bundle will be 300e tomorrow while my reserve is at 320e, so if what you say is true then I'll be happy out. :cool:

Follow the link in OP, its still there.

My mistake. i must be clicking into it from the non black friday section of the website. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

brianw1 wrote: »
    No it's the other way around, the store ps4 bundle will be 300e tomorrow while my reserve is at 320e, so if what you say is true then I'll be happy out. :cool:

Normally people are worried about the reverse situation, that store price on the day they collect is higher than the price when reserved. The small print stays the same, which is the only sure answer to the question asked. Usually it would seem to be the case that the staff honour the better price. Your risk tomorrow is that all available stock is reserved, so you may have to rely on your reservation price... Good luck with it anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

When I got through to reserve, Fifa 16 was sold out so ended up with just the PS4 and the Uncharted bundle reserved for 300, is that still a good deal?

irish son wrote: »
    When I got through to reserve, Fifa 16 was sold out so ended up with just the PS4 and the Uncharted bundle reserved for 300, is that still a good deal?

Yeah still the best around. You can ask them for it and they might let you get it for free when stock comes in. They will mark it on the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just reserved this from Blanchardstown if anyone else is looking.

I'd actually already bought a PS4 from there for €350 with Fifa for free this afternoon but Fifa was out of stock so got it written on my receipt that it was there for collection for me.

Assuming I have no hassle returning the one I bought today, that's 50 quid back and an extra game for the cost of spinning over on my lunchbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain €37 on xbone

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4125008/Trail/searchtext%3EPHANTOM+PAIN.htm#full_check_location

Edit: sorry, wrong thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I have a reservation for the ps4 bundle from yesterday so if I'm reading the posts right argos should write on my receipt that I can collect Fifa 16 next week? Handy! I wonder if I can collect it from a different store..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anybody confirm if Uncharted is a physical disk? I'll be trading both games in, not my cup of tea so hoping that's the case.

None of the ps4 games I was hoping for were discounted though. Hoping cyber Monday might offer a few more deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just picked it up there this morning, no hassle on returning the one I'd bought yesterday.

The box is branded with Uncharted and it lists the game in the contents on the side. Afraid I can't open it to confirm if it's a physical disk as it's a Christmas present for my son.

Sleepy wrote: »
    Just picked it up there this morning, no hassle on returning the one I'd bought yesterday.

The box is branded with Uncharted and it lists the game in the contents on the side. Afraid I can't open it to confirm if it's a physical disk as it's a Christmas present for my son.

Videos I've watched unboxing it show both physical discs and download codes so I'm unsure. I'd imagine it is a disc going by previous bundles people have gotten from Argos. Also, do you know if it's the newer CHU-1200 model? Think it's supposed to be printed somewhere on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

They also have Fifa 16 and another game (one of Bloodborne, TLOU Remastered or Until Dawn) free with the GTA 5 or AC:Syndicate/Watch Dogs bundles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Yeah still the best around. You can ask them for it and they might let you get it for free when stock comes in. They will mark it on the receipt.

Thanks OP, I reserved Fifa in another store and they let me add it for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

I have this deal reserved until end of today in Blanchardstown that I'm not now going to use.
    PM if you the reservation code.

EDIT - code believed to be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Be warned, I went to pick up my PS4 and "Free" copy of FIFA16 this morning (reserved yesterday) and Argos in Santry refused the honour the free game as it was a deal for Black Friday only and it was Saturday! Even refusing after showing the email confirmation. Managers discretion apparently.

Complaint has go in via email.

P.s. for those asking above the uncharted disc was the physical boxed copy.

Ronan wrote: »
    Be warned, I went to pick up my PS4 and "Free" copy of FIFA16 this morning (reserved yesterday) and Argos in Santry refused the honour the free game as it was a deal for Black Friday only and it was Saturday! Even refusing after showing the email confirmation. Managers discretion apparently.

For me, the manager had to manually input the game as it was showing up as a paid one instead of free game, this was on Black Friday too so the deal was definitely still active.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Ronan wrote: »

Your text would have said that it was collectable until the store closes today. The manager is wrong IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭pah

This offer has expired IMO. Still a good deal with uncharted and reductions on other games if you buy the bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Offer expired after Friday IMO, but order was placed on Friday and text and email said it was reserved to be picked up until closing Saturday. Manager was not even open to discussion, agreed it is still a good deal, but petty and poor form from Argos. For the record I talked to customer care on phone and they agreed that manager should have probably just honored it.

Advertisement